BOO YAH! Article on the front page: Humiliation Inc!

TomShane

well done article Tom...i have been away all day and it really caught me up on what has all happened today. :shock: Did someone slip Terry a mickey in his drink?? what was he thinking? OY!!

Hey artsy... nice work too ;)

Great article Tom

You could not have said it any better- the frustration of trading our first round pick for a guy that is at best probably a part time player with Baker. At 26 the value is there especially at CB most likely that we will only have to say what could have been

I am a die hard Jet fan for 35 or so years- but that does not mean I have to and should agree with every single move made by the coaching staff and front office-just wanted to point that out that I am definitely not a fair weather fan!

you guys aren't seeing the forest for the trees. :roll:

im a true Jets fan and very happy with this deal - relieved because Jolley and a 2nd rounder is BETTER than drafting a BUST - which was about 2 out of 3 likely with this group at 26...

im a true Jets fan and very happy with this deal - relieved because Jolley and a 2nd rounder is BETTER than drafting a BUST - which was about 2 out of 3 likely with this group at 26...

We're all true Jets fans.

But enjoy your 3rd string TE. He'll make a great #2 behind Baker here. :?

But enjoy your 3rd string TE. He'll make a great #2 behind Baker here. :?

how much you want to bet Doug Jolley starts over Chris Baker? seriously name your terms and put your money where your mouth is. This team didn't trade their 26 for a backup, if you believe that - maybe you like to be depressed?

Bit the one thing I still do not understand though if Bradway really felt 26 was a lost cause for value- you got to wait to the draft plays out to confirm that- strange and weird things happen on draft day usually-who knows what player is going to be on the board at 26 until we get to sat

Bit the one thing I still do not understand though if Bradway really felt 26 was a lost cause for value- you got to wait to the draft plays out to confirm that- strange and weird things happen on draft day usually-who knows what player is going to be on the board at 26 until we get to sat

Because, it is very possible that there is no deal to be had with teh Raiders at that time. Once the Jets delay, they move onto another trade partner.

how much you want to bet Doug Jolley starts over Chris Baker? seriously name your terms and put your money where your mouth is. This team didn't trade their 26 for a backup, if you believe that - maybe you like to be depressed?

They didn't make the trade for a #2 but that's what they did. Doug Jolley SUCKS, whether you want to admit it or not. Chris Baker could put up double the numbers as Jolley if given the opportunity but with this coaching staff Jolley probably will start because they're bunch of moron's. Screw Terry Bradway and screw Doug Jolley. A premier #2 or #3 TE in this league. :lol:

This is PATHETIC

you guys don't get it - they were going to take Heath Miller - a player that I and many others feel is a bust

instead of wasting triple the money on a bust they got Jolley who - whatever he is - is NOT A BUST - and they got a second rounder which is a very valuable pick in this draft -

honestly if i were the GM _some_ of the names I would have reached for at 26 will still be there at 47 - that's the beauty of this move - 26 is too early for josh bullocks or cj mosely but 47 is a perfect place to snag these guys -

you guys don't get it - they were going to take Heath Miller - a player that I and many others feel is a bust

instead of wasting triple the money on a bust they got Jolley who - whatever he is - is NOT A BUST - and they got a second rounder which is a very valuable pick in this draft -

honestly if i were the GM _some_ of the names I would have reached for at 26 will still be there at 47 - that's the beauty of this move - 26 is too early for josh bullocks or cj mosely but 47 is a perfect place to snag these guys -

The Daily News quotes a NFL scout as saying he'd take Jolley over Miller.

"I'd take him over Heath Miller," one NFC scout said. "With Miller and that injury, you don't know what you're getting."

Great article.

I honestly don't see how any Jet fan can be happy with this deal.

Why not? I for one am happy with it. So is Bit. We've both defended it elsewhere, so I won't reharsh it here.

IMO too many fans are buying into the HYPE of the draft, rather than what it truly takes to win.

This trade can make us better, if the pics are managed well, and Bradway has the abillity to do so.

The Daily News quotes a NFL scout as saying he'd take Jolley over Miller.

"I'd take him over Heath Miller," one NFC scout said. "With Miller and that injury, you don't know what you're getting."

The Daily News is the Giants' OfficialPub Machine, so you can be sure that the quote if from the same team with a looooong history of drafting busts. Not so sure you'd want to ask the same scouts that reeled in William Joseph and Ike Hilliard to validate any trade.

That theory is all fine and well, if you're the Draft Daddy. If you're Terry Bradway and you have a pitiful history of ruining drafts, dropping 21 spots has ruined--RUINED--your chances in terms of probability of getting a good player. Heath Miller or Justin Miller "might" bust but CJ MOsely and Josh Bullocks are sure things? How does that logic work, exactly. And for Doug Jolley--WHO WAS THE RAIDERS' THIRD TE. And we DID'T EVEN GET THE #38! That's as insulting as anything I could imagine!

Because, it is very possible that there is no deal to be had with teh Raiders at that time. Once the Jets delay, they move onto another trade partner.

So the Raiders wouldn't deal you their third TE to move into the first round for their SECOND second round pick? The Raiders, or any team, would do that today, tomorrow, Saturday and any day.

So what? Just because we're starting him--when the Raiders were going to possibly cut him--only says that the Raiders know something that we don't. And when we find out, how much fun will that be? Jolley's been there three years and the Raiders have drafted TE's in each successive draft with lower round picks and found them to BOTH be better than Jolley. WHo cares if he starts here? He wasn't going to start there and he probably wasn't going to come off the bench there. We just dropped 21 picks to get someone's spare part.

you guys aren't seeing the forest for the trees.

So by that logic it's OK that we settled for a marginal player because we "might" draft a bust at #26? And it's 2 out of 3 that #26 will bust? Because you're so convinced that Heath Miller--who has given no indication playing in the ACC that he can't come in and AT LEAST play at the level of Doug Jolley--is going to bust> New flash, bro: Doug Joley has already PROVEN he can't start in this league. He averages 30 grabs a year with 5 TD's in three seasons. That is the DEFININTION of a 2nd round bust, my friend. This guy--this "solid player"--could not start for a Raiders team that throws the ball constantly. And who is not known for his blocking. This is a bust-bust-bust-bust-bust all the way.

I swear, some people on this site are more of a fan of trying to be the first to say "I told you so", no matter how many times they have been proven wrong in the past, only to come back time after time, to have the temper tantrum.

Scott, we have had this conversation for three years and I assume that you're talking to me directly. I defy you to point out where I have been proven "wrong." Donnie Henderson? Where I was pissed at the embarrassment of the SEARCH process that was going on in which legit DC's laughed at us while Terry conducted his search through the media? And then we end up with the fourth choice in Donnie Henderson? Has Donnie worked out? Yes. Was the DC search conducted in a humiliating, embarrassing fashion? No question.

This a dumb question which I am full of but if we are so worried about drafting a bust at 26 to trade out of what confidence are you having in Bradway to get gems in the later rounds.

Jolley could be a nice role player for us but I would not make a trade down until I saw the board on Saturday

I was hoping for a cb at 26..But really no rookie we took at 26 was going to 'put us over the top' and get the jets to a superbowl this year..

If they sign a CB then the team is set..

Jolly will be an immediate contributer.

This a dumb question which I am full of but if we are so worried about drafting a bust at 26 to trade out of what confidence are you having in Bradway to get gems in the later rounds.

Jolley could be a nice role player for us but I would not make a trade down until I saw the board on Saturday

Faba, this is exactly the point! We're SO worried that Terry is going to draft a BUST when picking out of the first 26 players in the draft, so it's OK that we let him pick at 47 instead? At 26 at least Bradway's idiocy is minimized. At 47, what chance does this nitwit have? 10%? 12%?

Why the hell would you assume "Fear of a Possible Bust" would be the motivating factor behind this trade????? What a rediculous position to take IMO.

How about "making your team better immediately" as a reason, eh? Jolly makes the TE position much much much better in the oassing game RIGHT NOW, not later.

And I GUARANTEE the Jets are targeting a guy for their first poick they felt would be a reach at #26, but still available at #47, hence NO LOSS in trading down!!!

I just don;t get it. Every Jets fan seems to automatically assume our F.O. has no clue and must be ACTIVELY tryign to screw the team and the fans...what the hell is that??

Another dumb question from me - how many people have actually seen Jolley play for the Raiders? There are all these comments being made on how good or bad he is- for me I have seen little of his play -I guess that is because he was not the starter or emphasized in Oakland scheme.

Another dumb question from me - how many people have actually seen Jolley play for the Raiders? There are all these comments being made on how good or bad he is- for me I have seen little of his play -I guess that is because he was not the starter or emphasized in Oakland scheme.

He wasn't the starter? Really, you sure about that?

If he wasn't the #1 TE, how did he end up 4th on the team in Catches (behind 3 WR's) and 1st among TE's. And he was 3nd on the Team in Recieving TD's (with 2).

Was Teyo Johnson and his 9 catches the starter?

i think people would be screaming no matter who we picked at 26..

It would have been great if we could have landed putzier, dyson, jonas jennings, justin miller etc..but you can't have everyone!

Jolley can come in and have 50 catches this year..He's big and has MUCH better hands than becht..

Maybe we land a starting safety at 47..

Good move bradway..

Why the hell would you assume "Fear of a Possible Bust" would be the motivating factor behind this trade????? What a rediculous position to take IMO.

How about "making your team better immediately" as a reason, eh? Jolly makes the TE position much much much better in the oassing game RIGHT NOW, not later.

And I GUARANTEE the Jets are targeting a guy for their first poick they felt would be a reach at #26, but still available at #47, hence NO LOSS in trading down!!!

I just don;t get it. Every Jets fan seems to automatically assume our F.O. has no clue and must be ACTIVELY tryign to screw the team and the fans...what the hell is that??

Fish, understand what you just said:

Jolley makes the Jets better at TE because they only had one TE on the roster. That is not exactly a merit there. Kyle Brady would have made the Jets "better" at TE too, that doesn't make him a good player.

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:37 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

faba wrote:

And Terry Bradway is so good because that he can predict a guy is going to fall 21 spots? This logic works better if the Jets came out of this with the 38 pick, but the 47? Terry Bradway has ZERO idea what or who is going to "fall." By that logic, who's to say that Terry just isn't going to reach for a third rounder at that spot? You're concerned that Terry would have just reached for a second rounder in the first at 26, but now he's going to get the perfect, ideal #47 level player? Not likely. The only difference--and don't think this wasn't a factor--is that Terry now has less pressure to get a quality player in the 2nd round.

He wasn't the starter? Really, you sure about that?

If he wasn't the #1 TE, how did he end up 4th on the team in Catches (behind 3 WR's) and 1st among TE's. And he was 3nd on the Team in Recieving TD's (with 2).

Was Teyo Johnson and his 9 catches the starter?

Jolley started 9 games last year and fell to 3rd on the depth chart behind Teypo Johnson and Courtney Anderson. He clearly was never going to get his starting job back. And catching 27 passes does not make you "productive." Especially in a pass-first offense.

Jolly makes the team better because he is better than ANY TE prospect would be, "Health" Miller included. While Miller may be a good one one day, he is coming off a severe injury and is not going to be a factor in 2005. And we want to win NOW, not later.

And how in the world can you say Bradway has LESS pressure. He isn;t being judged by how "cool" e drafts. He's being judged by how many WINS we get, same as Herm. He could draft 15 completely unknown AFL players, but if those players get us into the Super Bowl, he's done his job.

HYPE. That is what Jets fans want. At least most of us, it seems.

Jolley started 9 games last year and fell to 3rd on the depth chart behind Teypo Johnson and Courtney Anderson. He clearly was never going to get his starting job back. And catching 27 passes does not make you "productive." Especially in a pass-first offense.

So he started more than half the games in 2005, led all TE"s in Catches, Yards and TD's, yet you still try to say he wasn;t the starter.

Riiiiiight. Hell, if that worthless scrub of a Raiders coach want's rid of him, THAT ALONE makes me think he's a good player. Having lived through a few years down here of this guy as Skins coach, I KNOW he has no idea of player quality whne he is the H.C.

For the official record this is Jolley stats 27 catches last year started 13 out of 16 games. My main point is this trade down did not have to be made to give up a number 1 pick until Sat- if Bradway did not like what he was seeing on the board for our pick

# 88 Doug Jolley

Position: TE

Height: 6-4

Weight: 250

Born: 01/02/1979

College: Brigham Young

NFL Experience: 4

Career Stats | Game Logs: 01 02 03 04 | Situational Stats | Team Roster

RECEIVING

Year Team G GS No Yards Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ FD

2002 Oakland Raiders 16 3 32 409 12.8 33 2 4 0 20

2003 Oakland Raiders 15 9 31 250 8.1 26 1 2 0 11