To all of the Penny and Nuge HATERS

ECURB

The Pats are garbage this year. That was a sloppy as hell game. I'm pretty sure we would have won last week with all those turnovers ourselves.

Either you guys better turn it up come playoff time, or it's going to be a short postseason for you guys over there in patsie land. Go win out and get the 3rd seed, we'll gladly take you apart in Foxboro again in the WC round. As tx always says, pennyboy is good in the WC round because they don't count. Doesn't bode well for you does it?

What's Penny's WC record? Like 2-0?

If the Patriots are garbage, why are they still leading the AFC East?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the Patriots are garbage, why are they still leading the AFC East?

A ridiculously easy schedule. If the Jets weren't in rebuilding mode, the two teams would probably be tied atop the AFCE. You're telling me a team that went 4-12 the previous year, has new coaches, a QB coming off two shoulder injuries, rookies starting all over the place, should only be 2 games behind a dominant team? Get outta here. The Patriots with all their advantages only manage to be 2 games ahead of the Jets?

A ridiculously easy schedule. If the Jets weren't in rebuilding mode, the two teams would probably be tied atop the AFCE. You're telling me a team that went 4-12 the previous year, has new coaches, a QB coming off two shoulder injuries, rookies starting all over the place, should only be 2 games behind a dominant team? Get outta here. The Patriots with all their advantages only manage to be 2 games ahead of the Jets?

The Jets are in a rebuilding mode for a reason, because they went 4-12 last year.

And the gap between the Pats and Jets is just as big as its ever been.

Keep kidding yourself.

It has nothing to do with being a "hater" at all. Why? Because we might think that someone else might be a better QB? Because we're still waiting for him to win a meaningful game against a top defense with his arm? He's been paid like a top-5 QB & it's insulting to say we should expect or be comfortable with less because he wears green. Major league good-guy; minor league arm.

Nobody "hates" Pennington. Some of us just believe we will never win a SB with him at QB. Like others, I've said it plenty before. Hey, I'd love him to make me eat my words. I just don't think it's ever going to happen for us as long as he's lining up behind center. We know his limitations; his coaches know his limitations & shorten the field with the playcalling to accommodate for his weak arm; and you can bet your ass every opponent knows his limitations.

It means if we're in 3rd & 15 or more there is a 100% chance we're punting. It means that anyone running a deep out-pattern is automatically a decoy & the defense knows it. It means our RB's will have an extra body in the box to deal with. And this will not change.

I wish it wasn't so b/c he's truly a likeable guy.

The Pats are garbage this year. That was a sloppy as hell game. I'm pretty sure we would have won last week with all those turnovers ourselves.

Either you guys better turn it up come playoff time, or it's going to be a short postseason for you guys over there in patsie land. Go win out and get the 3rd seed, we'll gladly take you apart in Foxboro again in the WC round. As tx always says, pennyboy is good in the WC round because they don't count. Doesn't bode well for you does it?

What's Penny's WC record? Like 2-0?

:-s

You know crack kills right?

I am not saying the Patriots are perfect. Far from it, but for all of their issues, they are second in the league in points allowed. 7 behind CHicago and 3 ahead of Baltimore (after their shutout none the less). I do not know about you, but people say they have some good Ds and that is a pretty important stat.

Either we win out of you get the top wildcard spot and come to Foxboro. I would love to see the Jets again.

Nuge never got the opps to actually attempt a 50+ yarder, 1st attempt he got, and he nails it straight thru.

Pennington was not "great" today. Jesus, get a grip. He was solid.

1 TD at home vs the friggen texans is not "great". Raise your standards people, jeez.

he actually threw 3 good passes yesterday. guess that means we should start shipping the bronze bust to the h.o.f. in canton.

Major league good-guy; minor league arm.

None finer. Chad minus his arm has got every attribute you'd want in a QB/leader. I want him to win a SuperBowl as a coach because his below average and inconsistant arm won't get him or the Jets there - IMO.

It has nothing to do with being a "hater" at all. Why? Because we might think that someone else might be a better QB? Because we're still waiting for him to win a meaningful game against a top defense with his arm? He's been paid like a top-5 QB & it's insulting to say we should expect or be comfortable with less because he wears green. Major league good-guy; minor league arm.

Nobody "hates" Pennington. Some of us just believe we will never win a SB with him at QB. Like others, I've said it plenty before. Hey, I'd love him to make me eat my words. I just don't think it's ever going to happen for us as long as he's lining up behind center. We know his limitations; his coaches know his limitations & shorten the field with the playcalling to accommodate for his weak arm; and you can bet your ass every opponent knows his limitations.

It means if we're in 3rd & 15 or more there is a 100% chance we're punting. It means that anyone running a deep out-pattern is automatically a decoy & the defense knows it. It means our RB's will have an extra body in the box to deal with. And this will not change.

see my previous post.

• 9 months later...
PennyBoy exploits another terrible defense against a bottom-feeding team.

Hasn't that been his MO during his entire career?

And Nugent is just like the blind squirrel finding that acorn.

Same as last season... Chad and Nuge are bright spots on the team again... just without TX's BS this go-around...

Same as last season... Chad and Nuge are bright spots on the team again... just without TX's BS this go-around...

Barton and 124 are trying to fill those shoes.........Jones will be a bright spot and Cotch and Coles as well. I don't think our offense will be the issue this year and hopefully the defense gels just as it did last season.

Are you obsessed with him that much that you have to bump his posts?

Or are you getting JI withdrawl since you've been banned over there? \:D/

Barton and 124 are trying to fill those shoes.

At least we support Nugent more than anyone. So we were right on Nuge were we not?:beer:

Sorry that we do not believe in everything Mangini does is right. Right now he is not using the defense to its strengths, whether it is lack of blitzing and or lack of players to fit a 34 personal.

I am rooting for Chad, not rooting against him. I believe he can take this team to the playoffs, its farther than the second round is what I question.

GS, once again you criticize someone without your own ideas being brought to light in a thread you create. Keep criticizing and have a good night.

At least we support Nugent more than anyone. So we were right on Nuge were we not?:beer:

Sorry that we do not believe in everything Mangini does is right. Right now he is not using the defense to its strengths, whether it is lack of blitzing and or lack of players to fit a 34 personal.

I am rooting for Chad, not rooting against him. I believe he can take this team to the playoffs, its farther than the second round is what I question.

GS, once again you criticize someone without your own ideas being brought to light in a thread you create. Keep criticizing and have a good night.

A) I didn't create the thread and B) I have never criticized Nugent.

Yes he is good if that soothes your "I told ya so" obsession to the posters that did.

My stance on the QB position is Mangini knows better than us and Chad when healthy equals play-offs.

Also Joey, you want to be a sports writer yet have tantrums when critiqued....go figure.

BP take a hike.;)

Do you think the rest of the team is good enough to go further than the second round of the playoffs?

Who did he beat again?

Oh yeah...0-3 Miami. A team that now has a crappy D to match a crappy O.

Originally Posted by 124 viewpost.gif

Do you think the rest of the team is good enough to go further than the second round of the playoffs?

No response? You mentioned you questioned whether Chad was good enough, and I asked you if the rest of the team was.

Are you obsessed with him that much that you have to bump his posts?

Or are you getting JI withdrawl since you've been banned over there? \:D/

Hasn't everyone been banned in one form or another a few times from JI Bill ? I think you were up to 3 last I knew. ;)

Archived