RUMOR (Jets trading back into the 1st rd)?--with a LINK!

Barton

Bradway was counting on Andre Dyson signing with the Jets to fill their need at cornerback or at least let the Jets look at other positions on Day 1 instead of corner.

IMHO, Bradway took the 47th and 2 6th rd picks over just the 38th overall pick because he was counting on Dyson signing with the Jets.

Because Dyson did not sign with the Jets, reports are going around that Bradway is DESPERATE for a corner and is looking to trade up for a corner, possibly in the middle of the 1st rd.

No I am not just saying this because I want Justin Miller. TGG.com and other jets sites say that reports on espn radio 1050 say that as soon as the Jolley trade became official, Bradway was calling up nearly every team looking to trade our 2 2rd picks to move back into the 1st rd to select a corner because he found out that Dyson had chosen the seahawks offer over the Jets.

And if Carlos Rogers slips to the late teens on day 1, it would not surprise me at all to see that the Jets have traded up to select him.

If Bradway really wants a top notch corner, I think he would have SEVERAL suitors lining up to get our 2 2nd rd picks.

:shock:

If he really wanted Dyson he shouldn't have let him walk out of Hofstra.

How many missed oportunities does it take before he gets it? #-o

Thats true but the Jets theory according to Bradway and Herm who have said it numerous times....

If the player they offer a contract too really wants to be a NY Jet, he'll take the offer. This is the Jets, they only want players who really want to be on the team, not just playing for the paycheck. And I tend to like this style. It makes for a better team that has unselfish players IMO

Oh and this report is not just some stupid caller phoning in on espn radio making up a rumor, apparently (a very reliable, honest poster at tgg.com) and others have said this, that john clayton also reported this rumor sometime in the past few hours......

Question is, who wants to trade down?

To get Rogers, whom I love, it would require at least both #2's, and possibly another pick.

Who goes corner? Tennessee most likely, and then Washington, having lost Bailey and Smoot in successive years, unless they get into the Braylon Edwards sweepstakes. Rumors have it that Chicago and the Skins might trade off.

If Washington stays put, Rogers is gone. If not, the next team could be Minny at #18. I say #18, because the Bears might draft Benson and Williams or Edwards could drop in Minny's lap at #7. Minny brought in Smoot, so maybe they pass, but I doubt it. If so, Rogers could then go the Jags at #21.

I don't think we have enough to jump from #47/#57 to the middle rounds, unless we give up a pick next year.

Following tirade is based on the rumor being true.

This would be even worse then the Jolley trade. He's a god damn moron. Why wouldn't he solidify Dyson FIRST??? Dyson was the player teams were chasing, NO ONE gave a SH*T about Jolley. Where the hell are his priorities? How many times can you get burned before you realize your mistakes? OMG :wtf: :Cuss:

Once again this is only if this rumor is true.

Because Dyson did not sign with the Jets, reports are going around that Bradway is DESPERATE for a corner and is looking to trade up for a corner, possibly in the middle of the 1st rd.

What kind of buffoon would Bradway look like if he trades down out of the 1st round (all the while getting hosed) and then decides to trade back into the 1st round (getting hosed again) just because he let Dyson slip away?

By the friggn' time Bradway is done, your original 1st round 26th pick will probably be worth a mid-6th. #-o

OK

Think of it this way.

Lets say we trade both our 2 2nd rd picks to 21 overall and select justin miller

ESSENTIALLY

We are getting Doug Jolley and Justin Miller with our 1st and 2nd rd picks, AND we're getting 2 more 6th rd picks as well!

OK

Think of it this way.

Lets say we trade both our 2 2nd rd picks to 21 overall and select justin miller

ESSENTIALLY

We are getting Doug Jolley and Justin Miller with our 1st and 2nd rd picks, AND we're getting 2 more 6th rd picks as well!

I'm not as enamored with Justin Miller as you are so this scenario does not really excite me. I just view it as Bradway being completely unsure of himself and having to flip flop back and forth to try and cover his butt.

this rumor is pure cack

I'm kind of getting pissed off from the situation but I agree, there's probably NO basis for this rumor and 99% likely it won't happen.

IF it did though there's no way I could give TB any type of respect in the future.

What kind of buffoon would Bradway look like if he trades down out of the 1st round (all the while getting hosed) and then decides to trade back into the 1st round (getting hosed again) just because he let Dyson slip away?

By the friggn' time Bradway is done, your original 1st round 26th pick will probably be worth a mid-6th. #-o

Stupid is as stupid does!

GYA! #-o

This could be an act of panic by Bradway.

It sure smells like something will get done. And thats what I origially thought after learning about the Jolley trade....I said to myself, wtf kind of trade is this. This seems like a trade that spawns another trade to make the 1st trade look smart.

And hey grabbing Rogers/Miller and Jolley with your 1st and 2nd rd picks is damn good if you ask me.

The kicker in Bradway's comedy of errors would be if he uses the 47th pick on Mike Nugent. #-o

I'd laugh my a$$ off. :lol::lol::lol:

Me too, Especially when he's kicking a 55 yarder in New England to beat you guys. :lol:

YJF, a FG is only worth 3 points.

When the Pats are up 35-6, Nugent can just diddle himself on the sideline. :wink:

Don't forget King Coles is back baby. The last time, The Pats lost at home was to The Jets. Coles killed you guys in that game. Get ready for some more of the same especially if you try to put Randall Gay on him.

Anything is possible. But I don't see it happening.

Terry Bradway was asked yesterday on the radio about trading back into The 1st round. He said that he wouldn't rule it out but called it very unlikely.

I think the only way it happens is if The Jets see Antrell Rolle or Carlos Rogers in The 20's. They might place a phone call then.

Other than that, I highly doubt it.

Anything is possible. But I don't see it happening.

Terry Bradway was asked yesterday on the radio about trading back into The 1st round. He said that he wouldn't rule it out but called it very unlikely.

TRUE

But he might have thought that Dyson was in the bag.

I still dont know why they dont just pick up law. Hes probably willing to sign for a lower price then usual right now just because hes prob wondering why no one picked him up.

OR, since no one has interest, they can just wait until after the draft, right?

I still dont know why they dont just pick up law. Hes probably willing to sign for a lower price then usual right now just because hes prob wondering why no one picked him up.

He is still hurting physically so he is a risk. Agreed if healthy there will be many teams knocking on his door. But with the cap being what it is...you just don't want to risk tying up money in someone if there are question marks.

Archived