"It must be a Wednesday..." Edition of POTW - December 6, 2006

GreenBeans

Welcome to the "It must be a Wednesday cause everyone is making their last minute flailing attempts at POTW honors" edition of POTW. Thanks to Alk for the snappy title. ;) I'm GreenBeans the host you love, or love to hate on, or just hate - depending - and I'll walk you through this week's nominations. Don't blame me for the content folks, I just collect and report.

So, this is what we got for this week - enjoy!:

-----

Originally Posted by dickkotite

whos this? is this max's wife? pleASE SAY YES WE HAVE A LOT TO CHAT ABOUT

Originally Posted by Alk

Well, she called him her husband. Put two and two together dip$hit. I have a calculator if you need it. :)

(Editor's Note: dickie does not need a calculator for 2+2, Alk. 2x2 maybe, but not 2+2.)

-----

Originally Posted by joewilly

I get all my sports news from www.largenaturalhooters.com

to date I don't think i've gleaned any sports news yet per say, but the ongoing search is fun

(Editor's Note: Aaaahhhhhh, so that's why you're so "up" on the news, ehh?)

-----

Originally Posted by joewilly

no tx thats bren's black book he found on the nightstand. that curious look is him not seeing his name til page 42

(Editor's Note: Wow, only 42 pages? Volume one or two?)

-----

Originally Posted by Garb

Interestingly, Bill Belichick employs this strategy and he's a scumbag. Eric Mangini does it as he's the next best thing to sliced bread. Hypocritcal monkeys, all of you.

Originally Posted by Fo_Block

when mangini starts banging the secretary you can call him a scumbag. until then he is just a good coach.

(Editor's Note: My, my, my, my, my - wooo! mahmahmah my Shenocca! mahmahmah my Shenocca!)

-----

Originally Posted by Max

Tx --

We went over this the other day. I will tell you what. I am pretty damn proud of the Jets fans here. Loyal Jets fans but realistic.

Cotch is on pace for 1,000 yards and 7 TDs. If he picks it up a bit in the 2nd half against a softer schedule those #s could improve. Will he make the pro bowl? No. Is it unthinkable that he could make it. No. Will he receive more consideration than any Pats WR? Uh, hell yes.

And that is the point of this thread. The Jets were picked to suck. And they don't.

Everyone here gets that. And they also get that for all the progress that the Jets have made, there is plenty of room for improvement. We don't need to be reminded in every thread about it. Here at JN we are not publishing pieces that say there are 10 Pro Bowlers on this team.

This site has been hard on the Jets. So hard that we no longer get media transcripts, interviews etc. Stuff that we used to get. Stuff that other sites include as part of their premium package.

You are off base to call the JetNation Jets fans anything but realistic.

(Editor's Note: Twice in two weeks, Max? TX must really be sending you a lot of PM's lately...)

-----

Originally Posted by SoFlaJets

hey Troll serious question here-who IS your favorite team anyway?

Originally Posted by The Troll

If I wasn't a Jets fan, why would I post on a Jets forum?

(Editor's Note: That's just cold. COLD!)

-----

Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

What's this GreenMachine?

:

Originally Posted by GreenMachine

All the times you won Douche Bag of the Year?

(Editor's Note: Zing! TX walked right into a mine field with GM around.)

-----

Originally Posted by Gainzo

But Billick is such an arrogant bastard that even the Ravens fans hate him.

He is always wearing his leather jacket and sunglasses on the sidelines thinking he is all GQ.

Originally Posted by Bob

As opposed to wearing a cut-up sweatshirt and looking like you ought to be DQ?

(Editor's Note: Bob is being nice - BB just looks like a flat out bum.)

-----

Originally Posted by Warfish

Lol, I once ran a 4.6 40 when I weighted 290.

Originally Posted by Green DNA

Were the cops chasing you or something?

(Editor's Note: Shhhhh. Fish is running for President and saying he only inhaled once and just for a second.)

-----

Originally Posted by Jetfan13

This thread should be moved to the WHO GIVES A CRAP section

It's on a Jets main message board, isn't it?

(Editor's Note: My goodness how times have changed around here...)

-----

Now this is a must attend chat!

TROY BROWN PATRIOTS CHAT (on Boston.com)

Patriots all time leading receiver Troy Brown will answer your questions about all things football on Tuesday Dec. 5 at noon.

Originally Posted by Panzer Division Marduk

Behold.

New England's answer to Jetsrule128.

(Editor's Note: That's just wrong on so many levels. Garb is a nowhere near that class of poster in my not so humble opinion. She can spell.)

-----

Originally Posted by Max

Yes, I am the world's smartest man. I start a Jets website and now all of us Jets fans are hiding in this one thread, lol.

(NOTE: Okay so Gainzo posted this in the Jets fan only thread. I couldn't delete it because then Beans would never have seen it. So I give him his own thread.)

(Editor's Note: This was absolute brilliance on the part of Max - nice move.)

-----

Originally Posted by Gainzo

Here are my thoughts on the Jets:

The Jets made a bold and risky move by hiring former New England Defensive Coordinator Eric Mangini to replace Herm

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-----

Co-Runner-up of the Week Sponsored by PatsFanTX

Originally Posted by Scott Dierking

The Cleveland Browns? The Cleveland Browns? That just can't be. How exactly can a team be named the Browns? That's not the name of a team, that's the name of a color.

I have this on pretty good authority, and this came right from my 3rd grade teacher, Miss Honeysuckle, that Brown is a color. She created these special wheels with all the colors and their names and I kept mine taped right on top of my desk.

I did this so I could be the first one in class every day at school (And I had to break in because it wasn't open yet, and I parked down at the convenience store 3 blocks away). I would sit in class and watch the kids come in and I would use that chart. I would say to myself "There is Jimmy, he is wearing BLUE pants today. Suzie has on a BLACK skirt today. Margie has on a BROWN blouse." And that is what I remember, Margie and her BROWN blouse. See, it's a color. And we didn't have NFL merchandising back then, and Margie wasn't wearing a team shirt.

I would follow Margie from class to class. We mostly had the same classes, and that way, I would know where I was going most of the time.

Cleveland Browns? Somebody better tell Margie.

(Editor's Note: That's too damn funny, SD. "See, it's color." Too funny.)

-----

Originally Posted by Bugg

Undoubtedly a chance to snub Pats fans and their pathetic ilk.

Count me in.

Can I get a joint deal with the super-secret, illuminati-type, secret society, $55/month, Canizzaro's 2-day old recycled columns transcribed from their original ketchup-stained White Castle burger boxes forum? Just askin'.

(Editor's Note: Bugg - go to the back room and ask where the meeting is...)

-----

What is the "chuckle patch"?

Originally Posted by BwanaZulia

That is the area of grass where Brady sits, head in hand, while the Jets celebrate a win.

BZ

(Editor's Note: From your lips to God's ears...)

-----

Originally Posted by onemanswarm

15. New York Giants (6-6): Matthias Kiwanuka made a huge early interception, but was stripped of the ball during his return. The fumble was recovered by Dallas, and the renewed drive led to the game’s first touchdown. Isn’t Matthanuka the same guy who wrapped up Vince Young for a game-ending sack on 4th and 10, only to release him at the last second so that he could convert the first down? And didn’t that happen just last week? Has Matthanuka run into similar problems in his personal life these past two weeks? Say, for instance, that he was making love to his girlfriend last Tuesday, and she had never experienced anything like it. She was in total ecstasy, and she wasn’t shy about letting the neighbors know it. Then, the very instant she was about to climax, Matthanuka started rubbing a greasy pork chop in her hair, launched his load right into her lace window treatments, and Davenported her half-filled laundry hamper.

(Editor's Note: This is hysterical stuff - front page material for sure! The same goes for the next few. Great work by onemanswarm!)

-----

The first half was about as satisfying as those paparazzi pics of Britney Spears’ sausage wallet.

-----

9 – 13: The 7-5 AFC Wild Card Madhouse. I haven’t been this dumbfounded by a bottle neck since my subscription to Nugget expired.

-----

Originally Posted by onemanswarm View Post

14. Atlanta Falcons (6-6): When I saw that clip of Jim Mora Jr. grab-assing on the sideline with his players, I was reminded of that sickening feeling I get whenever my boss invites me to hit the rock after one of his terrible jokes. I always give in, but a piece of me dies every time.

-----

Originally Posted by onemanswarm View Post

Say, for instance, that he was making love to his girlfriend last Tuesday, and she had never experienced anything like it. She was in total ecstasy, and she wasn’t shy about letting the neighbors know it. Then, the very instant she was about to climax, Matthanuka started rubbing a greasy pork chop in her hair, launched his load right into her lace window treatments, and Davenported her half-filled laundry hamper.

-----

Originally Posted by DW10

I CANNOT WAIT to read this message board on Monday of next week after a Jets loss. We'll be reading about how Chad needs to go. We'll be reading about how Mangini needs to go. We'll be reading posts about how they should just lose the rest of their games so they can get a higher draft pick. Ahhhhhhhh, it should be fun.

Originally Posted by Jetfan13

Watch out DW, I think your wife is on to your posting habit again!!!

(Editor's Note: Hahaha! Poor DW will never, ever live that down.)

-----

"If Sperm doesn't win POTW tomorrow I will lose faith in greenbeans!" - Gainzo

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards

Hello?!? The Browns are obviously one of the top 32 teams in the whole world. They got a letter from the commissioner saying they play on Sundays. Not every football team across the country gets the letter. But obviously they got the letter. And we got the letter. Obviously, we both got letters that not everyone got. And I'm obviously proud of that. I tell my players that and they appreciate it. It makes them feel like men. I treat my players like men. Because that's what they are, obviously. They are men. They aren't little boys or women or bicycles or pool cleaner or mesquite barbecue sauce. I obviously know that. And I tell them that I know that. And they appreciate that I know that and tell them that I know that. It could flustrate them to tell them otherwise or to not tell them at all. I know that. I know. Men obviously don't like to be flustrated. It flustrates them. And then obviously they won't want any kool-aid. And I want them to drink that kool-aid. They should drink it. They have earned it as men. They've earned it because they've swept the corners. Like Lia and I always tell our son. Don't forget to sweep the corners. If I go in there I'm checking the corners so I know they're swept. But he's not a player. The players are players. And they're also men. And I don't need to treat them like that. They've already swept their corners. And that's why they're here. Obviously.

I feel like Gainzo should be singing me a Sting song right now. I happen to agree that Sperm deserves the win for this gem this week. This post is hysterical and well deserving of the POTW. Congrats to Sperm Edwards - multi-time POTW winner!

The Assist of the Week goes to SoFla for all of the damn nominations. Good eyes this week!

We've witnessed a new, young head coach make a lot of great moves this year for the Jets while St. Herman continues to BS his way through life as an NFL Head Coach. The winning post made me both laugh be thankful that the Jets finally have a coach and a front office in place that will allow fans to have expectations again.

Anyway, that's all I've got. Enjoy the games and y'all be cool!

GB

GOOD JOB GB

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards

Hello?!? The Browns are obviously one of the top 32 teams in the whole world. They got a letter from the commissioner saying they play on Sundays. Not every football team across the country gets the letter. But obviously they got the letter. And we got the letter. Obviously, we both got letters that not everyone got. And I'm obviously proud of that. I tell my players that and they appreciate it. It makes them feel like men. I treat my players like men. Because that's what they are, obviously. They are men. They aren't little boys or women or bicycles or pool cleaner or mesquite barbecue sauce. I obviously know that. And I tell them that I know that. And they appreciate that I know that and tell them that I know that. It could flustrate them to tell them otherwise or to not tell them at all. I know that. I know. Men obviously don't like to be flustrated. It flustrates them. And then obviously they won't want any kool-aid. And I want them to drink that kool-aid. They should drink it. They have earned it as men. They've earned it because they've swept the corners. Like Lia and I always tell our son. Don't forget to sweep the corners. If I go in there I'm checking the corners so I know they're swept. But he's not a player. The players are players. And they're also men. And I don't need to treat them like that. They've already swept their corners. And that's why they're here. Obviously.

=D>

Just for you mate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRfptVNZDEs

I will never lose my faith again in you. You always pick the best POTW!

Awww, shucks - thanks Gainzo. :)

I'd forgotten how odd that video was - Stings a freakshow!

I liked Andy Summers weird songs, too. Like Mother, off of synchronicity. Andy also did an album with Robert Fripp, another musician I like.

Andy Summers was the mad scientist/actual genius of The Police it seems. He's a heck of a guitar player, too. Synchronicity is a bad-ass album - a favorite from my jr highschool days.

Don't blame you one bit for that. The wife is a big Sting fan, so I hear a lot of him to this day. I try to sneak in the Outlandos d'Amour CD when I can - I dig "Peanuts".

Sting did a free show in the Duomo Piazza here during the summer. Except for the 100,000 people and the scorching heat it was awesome. He closed with "Next To You" so I was happy.

"If I Ever Lose My Faith In You" of course. ;)

Glad y'all enjoyed this week's episode - there are some funny MF's on this board!

yea there really are Beans-I sit here at the computer frigging laughing out loud and my wife has to look in and then she just shakes her head...sorry I put you through so many nominations but the board was smoking this week

GB,I just got home and I actually skipped my TGG mod duties just now to read this first. I think I have a serious problem. One of these days, I will win...But I still stand by this as being the best feature on JN..No I am not sucking up. I am now begging.;)

Nice work!!!

Nice work GreenBeans..GEEZ..how long did it take you to do that??

Anyway..thanks for your efforts!!!:Typotux:

oh yea BP-I gave Green Machine (alias The Crusher for what he does to Tex) credit for your excellent Noodle-roney moniker-that was good and you should have gotten a nom for that alone

Interestingly, Bill Belichick employs this strategy and he's a scumbag. Eric Mangini does it as he's the next best thing to sliced bread. Hypocritcal monkeys, all of you.

^Me, I went for Garb, because of the monkey reference, of course. Hehe.

AD01green.jpg

Besides, lookit! He's saying, "Let's Go Jets - g*ddamn it!"

Yea right.

Beans is about as objective with POTW winners as are Jets fans when it comes to the performance of their football team.

come on Tex you had to think that was funny-especially when you can't help but read it in Herm's voice-but yea I think there might be a little anti-Pats fans bias in the final tally-or a secret memo somewhere.

I still think your Paul Revere's horse statement to Senior needs to be up there in post of the year nom-even Senior cracked up at that one-and he was mad at you at the time...

come on Tex you had to think that was funny-especially when you can't help but read it in Herm's voice-but yea I think there might be a little anti-Pats fans bias in the final tally-or a secret memo somewhere.

I still think your Paul Revere's horse statement to Senior needs to be up there in post of the year nom-even Senior cracked up at that one-and he was mad at you at the time...

SoFla, you really think Beans has an anti-Pats bias? :eek:

Tell your buudy Senior to get a little thicker skin and come back and post here.

While you at it, get Savage back here as well. As Gainzo would say, "What a pig-headed bloke he is". ;)

SoFla, you really think Beans has an anti-Pats bias? :eek:

Tell your buudy Senior to get a little thicker skin and come back and post here.

While you at it, get Savage back here as well. As Gainzo would say, "What a pig-headed bloke he is". ;)

yea I know I wish Senior,JFF,Savage and Jetswin and T-Mac would all post here more or at least once in a while-all those guys are people I first started posting with back in the day on the Rivals board and then Matts first board-I'll try to get them back-thanks for reminding me

Jetmo what do you have against skanky chicks who like to get nekkid and do the nasty? Heh heh

;)

Nothing at all. Hey, I'm a live and let live kinda guy. To each his own. But there comes a point where it goes into overkill. HEY EVERYBODY! LOOK! AND HERE'S A PICTURE OF A CHICK SITTING ON A TOILET BOWL! AND GUESS WHAT! THAT'S MY BELT SHE'S LOOSENING!

I mean, what are we, in 8th grade here?

SHE'S PULLING DOWN MY PANTS NOW! SHE'S GONNA SUCK IT!

Sounds like you might need some penicillin. ;)

Actually, I was wrong about penicillin.

More like a series of rabies shots.

Nothing at all. Hey, I'm a live and let live kinda guy. To each his own. But there comes a point where it goes into overkill. HEY EVERYBODY! LOOK! AND HERE'S A PICTURE OF A CHICK SITTING ON A TOILET BOWL! AND GUESS WHAT! THAT'S MY BELT SHE'S LOOSENING!

I mean, what are we, in 8th grade here?

SHE'S PULLING DOWN MY PANTS NOW! SHE'S GONNA SUCK IT!

Actually, I was wrong about penicillin.

More like a series of rabies shots.

Hahahaha, that's cold. :P

BTW why did the board revert to the new look today? How do I go back to the old look?

Archived