Sparring With A Troll

Maxman

Who is up for it? Here is what I want to do. Select one Jets fan. One non-Jets fan. Lock them in a thread all by themselves and let the debate the topic at hand. We need a topic, maybe something like:

The Jets are going to take over the AFC East in 2007.

Let me know if anyone has a better suggestion for the topic. Oh --how long should we let this debate continue? When the debate is over we will put it to a vote to declare a winner. The winner gets 500 in vcash and a back rub from Smizzy.

Any volunteers?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who is up for it? Here is what I want to do. Select one Jets fan. One non-Jets fan. Lock them in a thread all by themselves and let the debate the topic at hand. We need a topic, maybe something like:

Let me know if anyone has a better suggestion for the topic. Oh --how long should we let this debate continue? When the debate is over we will put it to a vote to declare a winner. The winner gets 500 in vcash and a back rub from Smizzy.

Any volunteers?

That will be fantastic reading! Make sure the selected participants are worthy adversaries, of course, but other than that, this plan is fool-proof golden turd material!

Any volunteers?

Oh, this would be great!

:Nuts:

Any volunteers?

scott dierking and Tex

Great idea, the only problem is there is no way on god's green earth that a non Jets fan will ever win due to the fact that we're severely outnumbered.

LOL -- details, details, details. Much like boxing, you have to knock out the champ. Think of it that way. It is a Jets site so the decision will go to the Jets fan. But if you knock him out -- they can't do anything but award you the victory.

I was thinking of setting a time frame for the debate -- like 2 or 3 days. Get some good back and forth. What do you guys think about time? How long should it last?

I'm talking about the voting there guy...

I see your point Alk, and it is well taken, but it would still be fun anyway. Hell, I would promise to be an objective voter, but maybe the voting should be left up to the mods and we pleebs can just discuss the bout and results. Regardless of the outcome, the masses will be posting their fingers off. If, for instance, a patsy fan were deemed the winner in such a bout, the posting would go on for pages about how that f'n troll should have lost, etc.. This is a brilliant plan to increase your ratings, MAX. Who is the maketing genius responsible for dreaming this gem up; do tell? Or maybe i'm just hungover enough that anything sounds better than actually working right now!

LOL -- details, details, details. Much like boxing, you have to knock out the champ. Think of it that way. It is a Jets site so the decision will go to the Jets fan. But if you knock him out -- they can't do anything but award you the victory.

Can Garb and Verde let me shoot them in ring girl outfits to make a graphic for this????

:box::box:

I see your point Alk, and it is well taken, but it would still be fun anyway. Hell, I would promise to be an objective voter, but maybe the voting should be left up to the mods and we pleebs can just discuss the bout and results. Regardless of the outcome, the masses will be posting their fingers off. If, for instance, a patsy fan were deemed the winner in such a bout, the posting would go on for pages about how that f'n troll should have lost, etc.. This is a brilliant plan to increase your ratings, MAX. Who is the maketing genius responsible for dreaming this gem up; do tell? Or maybe i'm just hungover enough that anything sounds better than actually working right now!

I find it insulting that you would accuse me of marketing here. Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe I was concerned with finding out the truth? The cold hard facts that prove that the Pats are done. That is all I am after here.

Post counts, fame, prestige -- these things mean nothing to me. ;)

So who wants in? Don't worry about your opponent but if you want to be considered for the inagural bout throw your name in the ring here. Just you, another man and your keyboard. (GOB pays like $4.99 per minute for that and we are offering it for free). :)

I find it insulting that you would accuse me of marketing here. Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe I was concerned with finding out the truth? The cold hard facts that prove that the Pats are done. That is all I am after here.

only proof you need is that I have ticked them for 2007.

As it stands right now, my oracles are telling me that the Yanks will not be ticked this year. Looking very good.

lumberg.jpgUMMMM, YEAHHHH, RIGHHHHT....AH, UH, YEAHH, SOOO....

I was thinking of setting a time frame for the debate -- like 2 or 3 days. Get some good back and forth. What do you guys think about time? How long should it last?

Umm Max, in boxing you need only to win the decision.

The Patriots fan chances of winning are similar to anyone who opposed Saddam.

Now, a Patriots judge, a Jets judge and any other team judge. Debating a non-Jets and/or Patriots related topic is another thing.

This has the makings of a great card

(Barton ?) vs TX (Main Event) Loser is tagged Dooshey of the Year

Alk & (Mystery Partner) vs Sperm Edwards & GOB

Verde vs Garb (Diva Match)

and more

This has Pay Per View written all over it.

I like where your mind is at....Vince McManlyMan'sMan should take notice....

Garb, please let us in on the secret retard; I'm dying to know who it is....

Oh by the way, does anyone remember that song by Kenny Rogers: Lady...

& would anyone here know what kind of articles are in that magazine: JET...

Oh and who came up with the amount of players on the field being 22 ...

And, do you think the Jets will retire Crebet's jersey number? Number 80...

Anyway, Garb, I think I know who it is ;) and if I am correct, does anyone else hear a aisian anime voice whe you read her posts? You know the ones where their mouths move but the sound you hear does not seem to match-up...maybe it's just me...

Archived