Knicks-Nuggets street brawl

vinsjets

Courtesy of ESPN

Nuggets-Knicks brawl ends with 10 players ejected

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Ten players, including NBA scoring leader Carmelo Anthony, were ejected for fighting during a wild brawl near the end of Saturday night's game between the Denver Nuggets and New York Knicks.

All 10 players on the court at the time were tossed for their involvement in the ugly incident that spread across the court and spilled into the crowd at Madison Square Garden.

Anthony scored 34 points before the melee took place with about 1:15 left in the Nuggets' 123-100 victory over the Knicks.

The fight started after Knicks reserve Mardy Collins flagrantly fouled Denver's J.R. Smith. With punches being thrown by several players, the hitting and grabbing continued for several minutes before coaches and security ran onto the court and finally restored order.

Anthony was involved in a fight with the Knicks' Nate Robinson, who jumped into to jaw at Smith after the foul. Both Smith and Robinson ended up flying into the stands in the NBA's ugliest scene since the brawl between Pacers players and Detroit fans in 2004.

With each team forced to put five new players on the floor, Denver finished up the win and ended a two-game losing streak. Marcus Camby had 24 points and nine rebounds, and Andre Miller added 12 points and 10 assists for the Nuggets.

beat me to posting about this...

What a stupid fight... overpaid whimps with big egos...

Carmello Anthony is the biggest moron ever,.... NBA's leading scorer gets involved... GENIOUS!!!

Seriously, man, Carmello Anthony is a ****ing idiot. He exemplifies why basketball today sucks.

The classic post game statement from that little scumbag Isiah was that Camby and Miller shouldn't have been in the game with that kind of lead anyway??????? WTF

That little POS is an embarrassment to the Knicks and basketball in general. He was a cheap shot thug as a player and I'm ashamed that he's from my neck of the woods. The Knicks deserve better.

No doubt these orders to flagrant foul anybody penetrating the paint were sent out by Zeke and for that this loser should be fired on the spot.

But, with that said Carmelo Anthony is a gutless punk. If you're going to punch somebody in the face for no good reason dont back pedal to half court, hold your ground and fight back kiddo.

The classic post game statement from that little scumbag Isiah was that Camby and Miller shouldn't have been in the game with that kind of lead anyway??????? WTF

That little POS is an embarrassment to the Knicks and basketball in general. He was a cheap shot thug as a player and I'm ashamed that he's from my neck of the woods. The Knicks deserve better.

Nate Robertson:

From what they did, keeping their guys on the court, I knew a foul was going to come. It was a good, clean, hard foul, and after that things went down from there," Robinson said. "I've never seen a team up 20 keep their starters in. They wanted to embarrass us, and it was a slap in the face to us as a team and a franchise."

Embarrass us ? Memo to Nate. You and the rest of the so called "New York Knicks" have been embarrassing the franchise and the fans for the past 4 years ?

That was the most fire we have seen in the Knicks since the Spreewell days.

4-10 at home and you are worrying about the Nuggets embarssing you ?

Try playing some defense.

:baby: :baby: :baby:

Nate Robertson:

From what they did, keeping their guys on the court, I knew a foul was going to come. It was a good, clean, hard foul, and after that things went down from there," Robinson said. "I've never seen a team up 20 keep their starters in. They wanted to embarrass us, and it was a slap in the face to us as a team and a franchise."

Embarrass us ? Memo to Nate. You and the rest of the so called "New York Knicks" have been embarrassing the franchise and the fans for the past 4 years ?

That was the most fire we have seen in the Knicks since the Spreewell days.

4-10 at home and you are worrying about the Nuggets embarssing you ?

Try playing some defense.

:baby: :baby: :baby:

Nate Robinson's ego is so out of control that it's pathetic. On a decent team he'd get 10 minutes a night, and yelled at for his shoot first, no defense, showboating act. He's 5-foot nothing; where does he get off not passing the ball? Another fine piece of coaching by Isiah Thomas.

I am so friggin sick of the Knicks it is sad.

The Knicks have been all about defense. From Red to Hubie to Riley and Van Gundy.

This group has been such an embarassment that when the coach says get your hands up they put them up against a wall.

Robertson thinks he is friggin John Starks and he couldn't even pick up Starkss' jock strap.

I hate Marbury

I hate Curry

I hate Isiah

I hate Dolan

F'it. I hate them all.

F'em. I'll put in some old Knicks games on DVD and watch a real team play.

They Suck and they will continue to suck until Dolan drops dead.

The NBA is the only sport where its looked at as some sort of tragedy happened after a fight occured. Any other sport, its celebrated.

OMG black people with braids are fighting....they're thugs! Send them to jail!

Hockey, baseball...oh its just boys being boys, its part of the game.

Barkely, Oakley never got this much scrutiny for an occasional fight. Its pathetic.

One thing-the NBA seems to have a whole bunch of fans in attendance disguised as empty seats. I don't care what the announced attendance is, people aren't going to this game any more. And it's not just the Knicks and Nets, watch any game on TV-the lower bowl is half empty everywhere, whcih emans the upper deck is empty. It's league-wide.

One thing-the NBA seems to have a whole bunch of fans in attendance disguised as empty seats. I don't care what the announced attendance is, people aren't going to this game any more. And it's not just the Knicks and Nets, watch any game on TV-the lower bowl is half empty everywhere, whcih emans the upper deck is empty. It's league-wide.

Blame David Stern. He wanted to make a quick buck off of the "throwback jersey, hip hop age group." Guess what happened, middle aged white America didnt embrace it.

He screwed up royally after Jordan retired. Now he's paying for it.

I am so friggin sick of the Knicks it is sad.

The Knicks have been all about defense. From Red to Hubie to Riley and Van Gundy.

This group has been such an embarassment that when the coach says get your hands up they put them up against a wall.

Robertson thinks he is friggin John Starks and he couldn't even pick up Starkss' jock strap.

I hate Marbury

I hate Curry

I hate Isiah

I hate Dolan

F'it. I hate them all.

F'em. I'll put in some old Knicks games on DVD and watch a real team play.

They Suck and they will continue to suck until Dolan drops dead.

The NBA is a joke. It became a joke when they neutered the defensive game, because Pat Riley's Knicks were holding opponents to 80 PPG. Not enough scoring. So now you have this complete garbage. Nobody plays defense in the NBA. It's unwatchable. It would be like if MLB outlawed called strikes. And the NFL has begun the slide down the slippery slope with the BS PI and RTP calls.

You can't take defense out of team sports. The novelty wears off real quick.

The NYK have sunk to the depths under Dolan/Thomas.

I cant believe I.T. is whining about Denver having their guys in the game, as though that is any justification for a brawl. What a loser he is!!! :Cuss:

George Karl is right- he's full of sh1t and an azzhole (direct quotes)

Stern blew it. He should have suspended them for a much longer time. And he missed the boat with Thomas and Karl, who most definately was rubbing it in the Knicks faces. It all stems from Karl, a good friend of Larry Brown, hating Thomas for teh way Brown was treated.

If I was Stern, the suspensions would have been as follows:

Denver:

Anthony - 25 games

Smith - 5 games

Nene - 1 game (mandatory - for leaving the bench)

Karl - 3 games.

New York:

Robinson - 15 games

Collins - 10 games

Jeffries - 3 games

James - 1 game ( leaving the bench)

Thomas - 10 games.

But that's just me. You sucker punch someone, you are gone for a long time. And you coach your team to fight, you also disappear for a while.

Stern blew it. He should have suspended them for a much longer time. And he missed the boat with Thomas and Karl, who most definately was rubbing it in the Knicks faces. It all stems from Karl, a good friend of Larry Brown, hating Thomas for teh way Brown was treated.

Denver:

Anthony - 25 games

Smith - 5 games

Karl - 3 games.

New York:

Robinson - 15 games

Collins - 10 games

Jeffries - 3 games

Thomas - 10 games.

But that's just me. You sucker punch someone, you are gone for a long time. And you coach your team to fight, you also disappear for a while.

25 games? :character42:

Denver:

Anthony - 25 games

Smith - 5 games

Karl - 3 games.

New York:

Robinson - 15 games

Collins - 10 games

Jeffries - 3 games

Thomas - 10 games.

Did he coach his team to fight? I dont see that. Why not just say Carmelo acted like a thug?

Since when is winning big grounds for a brawl?

Do college coaches fight b/c Duke wins by 30, or Nebraska wins in football by 40 (in the 90s)?

I dont see the score of the game being a reason to start a fight, and thomas whining about the starters being on the floor? I'm an old-time Knicks fan and I say to him TOUGH SH1T! Your team stinks! Deal with that!

The NBA is a joke. It became a joke when they neutered the defensive game, because Pat Riley's Knicks were holding opponents to 80 PPG. Not enough scoring. So now you have this complete garbage. Nobody plays defense in the NBA. It's unwatchable. It would be like if MLB outlawed called strikes. And the NFL has begun the slide down the slippery slope with the BS PI and RTP calls.

You can't take defense out of team sports. The novelty wears off real quick.

And as soon as the Pistons had a dominate defensive season enroute to a championship the NBA immediately changed the rules to hinder them too.

Carmelo Anthony lost all respect from me in this.

Also, George Karl is a pain in the ass, crybaby, P.O.S.

I didnt see the entire game, but Karl said the knicks cut a 25 pt lead to 10 at one point and were still playing defense. If this is so, I dont see the big deal with leaving your better players in the game. The fact that Thomas made this an issue shows what a pu$$y he is.

I love defense and everything but honestly the game has degenerated into basically one on one matchups.

Guard goes to a portion of the floor, dribbles, dribbles and dribbiles till about 10 seconds are left on the 24 and then either shoots for three, dumps inside waiting for it to come back out or throws it away.

There is very little movement on the offensive side of the ball.

The worst thing they did was allow these guys to play zone.

The game has become boring and stale.

Whatever, it happened.

These guys aren't angels.

Anyone who thinks they are above this kind of behavior is lying.

Exactly. When the same stuff happens baseball or hockey no one says a word. In basketball, its lock em up and throw away the key for good.

Archived