If you have a Pennington jersey, wear it on Sunday

For everything Chad has done to come back this season and all the **** he's had to deal with from the fans, media and everybody in the NFL world he deserves this. Not only could this game vault us into the playoffs but this game will also be Chad's 16th and final regular season start this season giving him his first full regular season as a starter.

He has come back TWICE from a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder. He has given back money to this franchise to help re-sign or pick up free agent players. He took a risk by giving back what? $4 million this season and signing a deal that he would have to earn it all back in incentives. He did that. He earned it all back and he has led this team to the playoffs once again.

Every single god damn season that this man has started double digit games for this franchise he has led them to the playoffs. (02' 12, 04' 13). Chad may not have the strongest arm but he has smarts and instincts and he can lead this team to victories. Will he struggle every once in a while? Yes, mightly infact. But name me a quarterback in this league with the toughness of Pennington's, the moxie of Pennington's. You cannot.

Chad Pennington has given everything he possibly can to this franchise. He's given his body, his money that is rightfully his I don't care if you think the contract was too large, it was still his damn money back to the team. He is the all time winningest quarterback in New York Jets history and in 5 seasons with a win on Sunday will lead us to the playoffs in 3 of those 5 seasons. 2005 he missed 13 games, 2003 he missed 7. Both seasons the Jets were hit hard by injuries by not only Pennington.

The NFL is a league where the average player lasts 3 seasons and he isn't coming back from TWO torn rotator cuffs on his throwing shoulder to be the starting quarterback in the toughest city to play in in the NFL.

You can have your Peyton Manning's, you can have your Tom Brady's. I want a guy that I know that on the line he is going to give it his all 110% of the time and he will pretty much put his life after football in jeporady to win a game or even get a first down for this franchise. That's the type of player that I want on this team.

Chad Pennington has caught **** from most of you, including myself, since last season and it's time to celebrete him reaching this milestone of his and hopefully along with that we can celebrate with him a New York Jets playoff berth.

I will have my Pennington Jersey on!

I might buy a green one though, I hate wearing white to the home games... and it gets dirty too easy... lol

I am so glad that Chad has done this for us, he seriously is one of the KEY reasons we are in this thing... I am happy he is healthy for our sake and for his family who im sure got sick to their stomache with Herm at the helm knowing he didnt care about Chads arm...

Mangini and the staff made sure he was fully healthy and stronger than ever, and it paid off big time.

I will be yelling thank you Chad when he warms up on Sunday... I mean every bit of it too, he made this year fun to watch the JETS again.

Says the guy who wanted Chad's carcus suspended from his gutters a few weeks ago...

Yes, I will wear my Pennington jersey as I have for the other 15 games I've been to/watched this year.

You are no better than me with the bad mouthing of Pennington. I can bring up numerous conversations with you calling for Chad's head.

I admitted that I have bad mouthed Chad, you do not need to ruin a thread.

Thanks.

You are no better than me with the bad mouthing of Pennington. I can bring up numerous conversations with you calling for Chad's head.

Thanks.

I diddnt know you were a Chad Basher. but I am glad you now see how important he is to the NY Jets

Thanks.

Bro everytime I talk to you I tell you the Jets are going 6-10. How can you believe anything I've told you about Chad? :lol:

That's swell, 1-2, but successful as he was this season I STILL say it is more and more apparent that Chad is not going to ever win a Superbowl.

Do you base that on his 4-3 record against top 10 D's this year?

Do you base that on the fact that when he is healthy we win, even in the playoffs?

Do you base that on any facts that are at all recent?

Do you base that on the fact that he alomst led a comeback drive on the Pats in our first go around, and also alomst beat the Colts with another good game...??

Did you forget that he played injured in the playoffs and won for us? Did you forget he didnt miss the two FG attempts in Pitt?

Im getting sick of defending Chad against people like you... you basically are giving up on hope that we can win in the playoffs:confused::confused:

With your theory we might as well throw the game against the Raiders for a better draft pick and to make sure nobody gets injured in the playoffs....

Chad will never win a SB himself (kinda tough 1 vs 11), but there is a chance he will win it with he TEAM the NEW YORK JETS....

For everything Chad has done to come back this season and all the **** he's had to deal with from the fans, media and everybody in the NFL world he deserves this. Not only could this game vault us into the playoffs but this game will also be Chad's 16th and final regular season start this season giving him his first full regular season as a starter.

He has come back TWICE from a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder. He has given back money to this franchise to help re-sign or pick up free agent players. He took a risk by giving back what? $4 million this season and signing a deal that he would have to earn it all back in incentives. He did that. He earned it all back and he has led this team to the playoffs once again.

Every single god damn season that this man has started double digit games for this franchise he has led them to the playoffs. (02' 12, 04' 13). Chad may not have the strongest arm but he has smarts and instincts and he can lead this team to victories. Will he struggle every once in a while? Yes, mightly infact. But name me a quarterback in this league with the toughness of Pennington's, the moxie of Pennington's. You cannot.

Chad Pennington has given everything he possibly can to this franchise. He's given his body, his money that is rightfully his I don't care if you think the contract was too large, it was still his damn money back to the team. He is the all time winningest quarterback in New York Jets history and in 5 seasons with a win on Sunday will lead us to the playoffs in 3 of those 5 seasons. 2005 he missed 13 games, 2003 he missed 7. Both seasons the Jets were hit hard by injuries by not only Pennington.

The NFL is a league where the average player lasts 3 seasons and he isn't coming back from TWO torn rotator cuffs on his throwing shoulder to be the starting quarterback in the toughest city to play in in the NFL.

You can have your Peyton Manning's, you can have your Tom Brady's. I want a guy that I know that on the line he is going to give it his all 110% of the time and he will pretty much put his life after football in jeporady to win a game or even get a first down for this franchise. That's the type of player that I want on this team.

Chad Pennington has caught **** from most of you, including myself, since last season and it's time to celebrete him reaching this milestone of his and hopefully along with that we can celebrate with him a New York Jets playoff berth.

Just got off the phone with the lady and it went like this:

RaffyD: "I need my Pennington Jersey, is it clean and ready?"

Lady: "I don't know, why don't you wear your Wesley Walker jersey?"

RaffyD: "Joe just said we need to all wear our Pennington jersey's on Sunday, get mine ready. Chad deserves this."

Lady: "You know I always wear my Chad jersey."

RaffyD: "Yeah, but yours is pink. I need to wear mine on Sunday, make sure it's ready."

Lady: "I will, take it easy. Is Joe that big kid you went to Clevelnd with? Maybe we should set him up with my sister?"

RaffyD: "Just get #10 ready for me, we'll talk about that stuff on Sunday."

THANK YOU CHAD!

Just got off the phone with the lady and it went like this:

RaffyD: "I need my Pennington Jersey, is it clean and ready?"

Lady: "I don't know, why don't you wear your Wesley Walker jersey?"

RaffyD: "Joe just said we need to all wear our Pennington jersey's on Sunday, get mine ready. Chad deserves this."

Lady: "You know I always wear my Chad jersey."

RaffyD: "Yeah, but yours is pink. I need to wear mine on Sunday, make sure it's ready."

Lady: "I will, take it easy. Is Joe that big kid you went to Clevelnd with? Maybe we should set him up with my sister?"

RaffyD: "Just get #10 ready for me, we'll talk about that stuff on Sunday."

THANK YOU CHAD!

:rl::rl:

Any chance we can sticky this? or will I just have to bump the hell out of it??? (that sounded bas... I know)

He does deserve it....

We also should get a thank you Chant going (for the whole team) maybe even a MAN-GI-NI chant

Never. Whenever I wear it the game ends in a L.

In fact, if we do get into the PO, I may have to burn it.

(P.S. I'm not a Chad hater, just stating a fact about my Pennington jersey. So relax.)

LOL!

When did you buy it? The Herm era?? Buy a NEW era PENNINGTON jersey.. should have the new hard working team feel to it!

Never. Whenever I wear it the game ends in a L.

In fact, if we do get into the PO, I may have to burn it.

(P.S. I'm not a Chad hater, just stating a fact about my Pennington jersey. So relax.)

Weird because everytime I wear my Walker throwback on the road we lose, maybe I just need to stop going to away games.

LOL!

When did you buy it? The Herm era?? Buy a NEW era PENNINGTON jersey.. should have the new hard working team feel to it!

My Pennington jersey is just less than a year old. Funny story on the green #10, my future bro in law (gints fan) buys it for me as a late christmas gift last year (after the season had ended) and when he handed it to me he said "I have the receipt if you want to take it back and get someone else's jersey, I understand he probably won't ever play again." I told him that it wasn't necessary and that I would just keep the jersey and hold onto the pipe dream that Chad was going to be starting for us again and then I could wear it with pride!

True f'ing story!

LOL!

You nailed it. The Herm era indeed.

Santa gave one to my 5yr old son this Christmas morning. I'll be sure he's donning it on Sunday. Mine, however, will remain in the closet.

My Pennington jersey is just less than a year old. Funny story on the green #10, my future bro in law (gints fan) buys it for me as a late christmas gift last year (after the season had ended) and when he handed it to me he said "I have the receipt if you want to take it back and get someone else's jersey, I understand he probably won't ever play again." I told him that it wasn't necessary and that I would just keep the jersey and hold onto the pipe dream that Chad was going to be starting for us again and then I could wear it with pride!

True f'ing story!

Awesome, I got mine in 2003 and I have been wearing it almost every game ever since... every once and a while I break out the Martin Jersey though.

My girlfriend always wears her Vilma jersey to the stadium... I will have to make her wear the #10.

That's swell, 1-2, but successful as he was this season I STILL say it is more and more apparent that Chad is not going to ever win a Superbowl.

How can you say that???

He was a missed FG away from going to the AFC championship game.He's won two playoff games on the road already,one 41-0.

How can you say he can't win the superbowl?He wins big games.If Trent Dilfer,ben rothlesberger,doug williams,Mark rypen,jeff hostetler and all these other schmucks can win it,Chad can too.

Weird because everytime I wear my Walker throwback on the road we lose, maybe I just need to stop going to away games.

You dick! That's why we lost! Screw the free drinks at the strip bar we still lost!:wink:

So about the sister... Sunday, yes, long talks about that.:)

BUMP... WEAR IT!

I will wear my Pennington Jersey proudly and everything you've said is true, he has given everything to the franchise, he played hurt, he restructured his contract, he is smart, and he works like noone else. That said, I would still rather have Brady or Manning.

How can you say that???

He was a missed FG away from going to the AFC championship game.He's won two playoff games on the road already,one 41-0.

How can you say he can't win the superbowl?He wins big games.If Trent Dilfer,ben rothlesberger,doug williams,Mark rypen,jeff hostetler and all these other schmucks can win it,Chad can too.

I can say it because I don't believe Chad will ever win a Superbowl. You are talking about playoff wins PRIOR to his having two surgeries on his shoulder. Since those surgeries he has NOT had the accuracy he once had. That accuracy was what made him, dare I say, I potentially great QB. He does NOT have a strong arm. He IS a brilliant QB. If he has no strength AND no accuracy I do not beleive him to be the caliber of QB necessary to win a Superbowl... at least not without a HUGE defense.

PS - Chad has NOT been consistant. That's a problem. His inconsistancy vaires GREATLY game to game. I don't know if it's because that shoulder just needs THAT much more rest or what... but he has only shown a great inconsistancy.

I can say it because I don't believe Chad will ever win a Superbowl. You are talking about playoff wins PRIOR to his having two surgeries on his shoulder. Since those surgeries he has NOT had the accuracy he once had. That accuracy was what made him, dare I say, I potentially great QB. He does NOT have a strong arm. He IS a brilliant QB. If he has no strength AND no accuracy I do not beleive him to be the caliber of QB necessary to win a Superbowl... at least not without a HUGE defense.

Sorry your right...:rolleyes:

How about the fact that this is what he accomplished this year AFTER his shoulder surgeries...

He has his best record against top 10 D's - 4-3

He had his highest passing yards in a game in his pro career

He had his highest rushing yards in a game in his pro career

He is taking his team to 10 wins for the second time

He started all 16 games for the first time

All signs point to a healthy QB on the rise... not the same POV you have but hey whatever

Sorry your right...:rolleyes:

How about the fact that this is what he accomplished this year AFTER his shoulder surgeries...

He has his best record against top 10 D's - 4-3

He had his highest passing yards in a game in his pro career

He had his highest rushing yards in a game in his pro career

He is taking his team to 10 wins for the second time

He started all 16 games for the first time

All signs point to a healthy QB on the rise... not the same POV you have but hey whatever

Hey. I'm as surprised as anyone of his success this year. I didn't expect him to be THIS good. BUT... he has lost something in his accuracy and he is TERRIBLY inconsistant. He'll have an absolutely amazing game one week and then... Cleveland... and it jsut happens too often. He's not taking us anywhere. I hope to God he proves me grossly wrong, but I'm not confident he will.

PS - Give a little credit for those accomplishments to the rest of the team (including coaching) as well.

Hey. I'm as surprised as anyone of his success this year. I didn't expect him to be THIS good. BUT... he has lost something in his accuracy and he is TERRIBLY inconsistant. He'll have an absolutely amazing game one week and then... Cleveland... and it jsut happens too often. He's not taking us anywhere. I hope to God he proves me grossly wrong, but I'm not confident he will.

New system / new coaches / no running game / rookie o-line

That causes inconsistant play....

The INTS are a product of playing from behind and not being scared ot take risk, like in the herm days...

Have you seen him thread the needle many times this year just like in the past??? He did it on a pass to Cotch and Brad Smith in the rain down in Miami...

You should be confident

You dick! That's why we lost! Screw the free drinks at the strip bar we still lost!:wink:

So about the sister... Sunday, yes, long talks about that.:)

BUMP... WEAR IT!

Yes, the old #85 did get me free drinks at the club all night, unfortunately I had to pay for my own lap dances. Kind of a win win situation. ;)

WEAR #10 WITH PRIDE THIS WEEKEND!

New system / new coaches / no running game / rookie o-line

That causes inconsistant play....

The INTS are a product of playing from behind and not being scared ot take risk, like in the herm days...

Have you seen him thread the needle many times this year just like in the past??? He did it on a pass to Cotch and Brad Smith in the rain down in Miami...

You should be confident

I am NEVER confident in Chad. No one has any right to be confident in Chad. He's is VERY inconsistent. CAN he thread the needle? Yes, periodically, but a periodic QB does NOT win Superbowls. Interceptions are the result of taking more chances? Well, then Chad has taken a LOT of chances this season. The fact of the matter is that he is NOT as accurate a passer as he was. That's one of the major things he had going for himself.

Interceptions are the result of taking more chances? Well, then Chad has taken a LOT of chances this season. The fact of the matter is that he is NOT as accurate a passer as he was. That's one of the major things he had going for himself.

Yes he has taken more chances and we have been playing from behind

No he is not less accurate...

He has a 64% completetion % this year and a 64.9% lifetime... only a 0.9% difference...

Your not trusting him for the wrong reasons... the only reason not to trust Chad would be for his health and he has fixed that.

Yes he has taken more chances and we have been playing from behind

No he is not less accurate...

He has a 64% completetion % this year and a 64.9% lifetime... only a 0.9% difference...

Your not trusting him for the wrong reasons... the only reason not to trust Chad would be for his health and he has fixed that.

Throwing 10 yards completions to the sidelines makes him a statistically accurate passer, but when it comes to actually throwing the ball downfield... he has LOST accuracy. Say whatever you want, but if you've watched every game then you'd know this is true. I don't trust Chad because he shows up for some games and not for others. Period. He needs to show up to every game as the same old pre surgery Chad we used to know. he currently does NOT do that. I'm no doctor so I can't say what's caused it, but it certainly seems to have started with the first surgery and gotten progressively worse.

Archived