I have a feeling BB is going to take a page out of EM's book and...

Johnnybones

The biggest match-up is Brady vs. the Jets secondary... PERIOD.

Can Barrett & Poteat step up in the Post-Season? We all know DB did in 04 and Poteat has Playoff & Super Bowl experience with New England so on Sunday we will just have to wait and see won't we?

Oh and go ahead and blitz Pennington and leave Coles and Samuel go at it, sure, and then leave Cotchery to exploit Hobbs yet again. JC owns the New England secondary this season.

Blitz the hell out of Pennington. I hope Mangini prepares a bunch of check off screens for Leon Washington.

I don't see it. Blitzing a QB who takes a three step drop and dumps a pass off to a RB is a waste of time.

Stop the run and apply pressure with the D-Line. That is the way to get to Penny.

I don't see it. Blitzing a QB who takes a three step drop and dumps a pass off to a RB is a waste of time.

Stop the run and apply pressure with the D-Line. That is the way to get to Penny.

yep...Minny tried to blitz and got torched.

I would agree with this.

I hope they try and blitz Chad..He will pick them apart..Those LB's from NE aren't covering our RB's..Chad is way to smart to blitz..he will make them play..Thet will try and apply pressure with that formidble front four and play the bend but don't break style of defense.

Throw deep? That's a rather relative term considering it's Penny doing the throwing....

The Pats are weak covering the middle of the field. Exploit that with a classic Penny 10 yard dump.

I'm still trying to figure out what D-line they come out with. 3 or 4? Pats won't blitz much. Penny's release is too quick. The Pats have been relatively successful stopping the run the entire year.....but the tackling in the secondary and LB crew has been ....um....inconsistent. Dink and Dunk, Chad. Dink and Dunk.

I wish the Jets and their fans no luck at all. Quite frankly, I hope most of you don't even make it to Gillette. :P

Throw deep? That's a rather relative term considering it's Penny doing the throwing....

The Pats are weak covering the middle of the field. Exploit that with a classic Penny 10 yard dump.

I'm still trying to figure out what D-line they come out with. 3 or 4? Pats won't blitz much. Penny's release is too quick. The Pats have been relatively successful stopping the run the entire year.....but the tackling in the secondary and LB crew has been ....um....inconsistent. Dink and Dunk, Chad. Dink and Dunk.

I wish the Jets and their fans no luck at all. Quite frankly, I hope most of you don't even make it to Gillette. :P

happy new year garb........I see brady has now adopted the dink & dunk theory as well. wonder why? pats will be 3-4 all day to no avail. you guys will come up short in this one garb. this will be you're longest offseason in quite a while compliments of the new york jets baby

no one said complete the passes, although that would be nice.

They have to take a shot or two to let the Pats know they will do that.

Mentally they need to put that in Pats heads.

Who are you Al Davis? You don't throw deep to offset aggressive blitzing. The typical Leon screen and short dumps to Coles and Cotchery are what you want. The blitz makes it more difficult for them to cover/tackle downfield.

u throw deep to prevent the safeties/corners from crowding the line to be part of a safety/corner blitz.

Of course the screen pass is a great tool, but we already employ that and I am sure its on Bellies list of 'lets stop that'. we need to add a new wrinkle if for nothing more than to maybe open screen again.

u throw deep to prevent the safeties/corners from crowding the line to be part of a safety/corner blitz.

Of course the screen pass is a great tool, but we already employ that and I am sure its on Bellies list of 'lets stop that'. we need to add a new wrinkle if for nothing more than to maybe open screen again.

Oh, they always do that. I don't think it's really a part of the offense. It's a big a part as running the end around once a week just to let them know it's there. I'm with Gainzo, I don't see the Pats getting too blitz happy. They may run more of those delayed blitzes, once they see where the back is headed. These Belly teams are always big on those.

I said early this week that, the Pats in no way shape or form wanted to face the Jets in the first round.

That said, today's Jets team is different than the jets team of week 2 and different from the Jet's team that the Pats lost to as well.

This is a much more physical Jets team and a faster one than the Pats (in this point in the season). If the Pats Blitz Penny, he will pick them clean....they (Pats) will go at it from a point of attack at the line of scrimmage. The difference will then be that this team will run on the Pats, just enough for the Pats LBs to be a non factor against our TE and our RBs/FBs coming out of the back field to catch and run.

Our receivers will burn the Pats secondary (regardless if Penny throws to them or not, remember they still have to cover them)...forcing them to take and make penalties to avoid the big gainer (to cotch, coles and the Mick)....with that and the fact the Jets special teams will give the edge in field position to the Jets...forcing Brady to throw more than he wants....in the end I still say our field goal kicker wins it...that's it in a nutshell. Turn-over battle will be equal.

Who will Bradygirl throw to wide reciever by commitee none worth throwing to.

The Pats WR's are definately the worst group in the afc east, maybe the afc. Damn! Is Brady really that good? After all, he had 24 td's this year. Chad had, what, 17, with the best wr tandem in the east? He was nearly as good throwing to the other team, with 16 INT's.

If Brady had those two, he'd have 50tds! :)

Im getting sick and tired of your un-bias rational bickering! :)

Seriously good job pointing that out.

The Pats WR's are definately the worst group in the afc east, maybe the afc. Damn! Is Brady really that good? After all, he had 24 td's this year. Chad had, what, 17, with the best wr tandem in the east? He was nearly as good throwing to the other team, with 16 INT's.

If Brady had those two, he'd have 50tds! :)

best tandem in the East? Maybe, but its close, Lee Evans is the best reciever in the East, so you have to give him some credit even though he was with "wienie price". And if the dolphins had a qb worth wiping my a** you would have to include chambers and booker.

but yeah, pats recievers suck hard **** balls

Archived