the play that changed it all

Blackout

Gaffney's drop wouldve been ATLEAST a first down, if not much more.

**** the pats :)

That was actually Caldwell and he had little chance of making the first down anyway with the defender coming right at him to make the play. It was still an unexcusable drop. The play that changed the game was the 12 men in the huddle penalty.

I think it was the motion penalty that killed Watson's firstdown in the second quarter. No penalty the Patriots are close to being up at least 24-3 or 28-3 with little time left in the first half. Instead, they get another penalty and a sack and they have to punt. The Colts have two long scoring drives around the half and it is game on.

I always thought Tom Brady had eyes in the side of his head. Guess not.

Is it a penalty if Caldwell yells "SNAP THE ****ING BALL NOW!"? If not, Reche blew it big time.

:) I was thinking the same thing. I just think he was trying to draw as little attention to himself as possible.

If Adai makes the catch or Reggie Wayne doesn't trip. If Troy Brown doesn't cause a fumble. If the FG kicker makes a kick.. If Carolina doesn't kick the ball out of bounds. If Adam V missed a kick. If Drew Bledsoe never got hurt. If BB stayed a Jets coach. If the Refs and the NFL didn't hate the Raiders...

If is nice, but the fact is, 35-13 to end a game is the reason the pats lost. NOt one play.

If Adai makes the catch or Reggie Wayne doesn't trip. If Troy Brown doesn't cause a fumble. If the FG kicker makes a kick.. If Carolina doesn't kick the ball out of bounds. If Adam V missed a kick. If Drew Bledsoe never got hurt. If BB stayed a Jets coach. If the Refs and the NFL didn't hate the Raiders...

If is nice, but the fact is, 35-13 to end a game is the reason the pats lost. NOt one play.

Hey, don't kill us, it was a Jets fan that started the damn thread in the first place. :)

I think it was the motion penalty that killed Watson's firstdown in the second quarter. No penalty the Patriots are close to being up at least 24-3 or 28-3 with little time left in the first half. Instead, they get another penalty and a sack and they have to punt. The Colts have two long scoring drives around the half and it is game on.

Actually, the penalty that killed the first down was Troy Brown's Pass Interference.... How do you like that Garb?? :yahoo:

That whole sequence was the game. If the Pats came away with any points and left the Colts with no time to score even that FG, the game was probably over. 24-3 or 28-3 at half would have had the Colts ina totally different midset. Instead they stop the Pats, move the ball pretty easily, get some points and build toward doing the same to start the 2nd half.

When referring to drops by the Patriot receivers, PLEASE be more specific. But hey, they don't miss Branch.

It is not like Branch never dropped a pass. He dropped one last year that contributed to the loss in Denver.

It is not like Branch never dropped a pass. He dropped one last year that contributed to the loss in Denver.

Good point. Maybe Branch wasn't the answer. But I said all year long as did many others that the Pats receivers were a joke. It is a testament to how amazing Brady is. Because he carried that entire offense all year. Really amazing actually.

I like this Gaffney kid. I think he will make a good # 3 next year. Troy Brown -- if he comes back he could be valuable as the 5th receiver. Now all they have to do is get a #1, #2 and #4 and they are all set.

They are closer to winning it all than people realize.

Dont know if this has been mentioned but Belly really didnt do a good job managing late in the 4th. On 3rd and 10 before the Pats' last FG he ran the ball which was really stupid. You dont take the ball out of your QBs hands and settle for FGs against great QBs in the playoffs, esepcailly after your D had nothing left in the tank.

Then he misused his timeouts late (not calling a timeout after first down before the Colts game winning TD wasting 40 seconds, not calling a timeout on the Pats last drive when Brady completed a big pass up the middle of the field).

Was really surprised to see Belly goof like that. Happy too of course.

Dont know if this has been mentioned but Belly really didnt do a good job managing late in the 4th. On 3rd and 10 before the Pats' last FG he ran the ball which was really stupid. You dont take the ball out of your QBs hands and settle for FGs against great QBs in the playoffs, esepcailly after your D had nothing left in the tank.

Then he misused his timeouts late (not calling a timeout after first down before the Colts game winning TD wasting 40 seconds, not calling a timeout on the Pats last drive when Brady completed a big pass up the middle of the field).

Was really surprised to see Belly goof like that. Happy too of course.

Cmon Brady didn't need 1:45 on the clock and no timeouts. He was just fine with :55 and 1 timeout!

;)

We have seen it before. Brady will get it done. That's what Champs do! :P He has a rocket arm.

Cmon Brady didn't need 1:45 on the clock and no timeouts. He was just fine with :55 and 1 timeout!

;)

We have seen it before. Brady will get it done. That's what Champs do! :P He has a rocket arm.

And the Pats even got flagged for the patent Herm Edwards 12 men in the huddle penalty on the most critical drive of the game. Those 5 yards cost them the game. Bizzarre.

And the Pats even got flagged for the patent Herm Edwards 12 men in the huddle penalty on the most critical drive of the game. Those 5 yards cost them the game. Bizzarre.

It wasn't a mistake, but something they've been doing forever to try to confuse the defenses. It's just very rare that they get called for it, because usually the refs accept that "oh, sorrry, it was a mistake!" act, when it's totally intentional.

It wasn't a mistake, but something they've been doing forever to try to confuse the defenses. It's just very rare that they get called for it, because usually the refs accept that "oh, sorrry, it was a mistake!" act, when it's totally intentional.

I think that Heath Evans ran into the ref did not help their cause. :doh:

Archived