Which guy would you like to team up with Nick and D'brick?

TNJet

Draft to help oline?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Draft to help oline?

• Ben Grubbs
    • Joe Staley
    • Arron Sears
    • Justin Blalock
    • Josh Beekman

Blalock or Sears would do. We need a big, tough road-grader Left Guard to do for D'Brickashaw Ferguson what Steve Hutchison did for Walter Jones in Seattle.

Joe Staley is like another D'Brickashaw Ferguson, an undersized finesse left tackle who can stay in front of his man but never push him around. He could be a good left guard in the pros but where is the run blocking going to come from?

i don't know if this means anything or not but Justin Blalock is the most well spoken NFL prospect i've ever encountered. He's chess team smart.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offensive Guard | Senior | Texas Tech Manuel Ramirez

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 335 | 40-Time: 5.20

Official Bio

Strengths:

Massive with a huge frame...Incredibly strong and powerful...Stout at the point of attack and holds his ground...Once he locks on the battle is over...Is quick for his size...Tough and extremely physical...He can be a dominant run blocker...Durable with a lot of experience...Hard worker and team leader with excellent intangibles.

Weaknesses:

Is not overly athletic...Not very mobile or agile in space...Is only an average pass blocker despite a lot of reps...Short arms...Stamina is an issue late in games...Will have to adjust to a pro offense after playing in such a unique system in college.

Notes:

Strongest member of the team with a bench press of 550 lbs...Quite the physical specimen...He is not flashy but you know what you are getting...Will be limited to playing inside at the next level and his best fit will be with a run orientated team.

Team RAMIREZ with SEARS and we would have a dominatiing OL!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offensive Tackle | Senior | Tennessee Arron Sears

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 320 | 40-Time: 5.30

Official Bio

Strengths:

Has excellent size and bulk...Versatile player who has starting experience at both tackle and both guard spots...A pretty good athlete for a man his size...Quick and moves very well in a small area...Is smart and aware with good instincts...Gets to the second level...Technically sound and always in good position...Played a lot of football against top-notch competition...Really had an outstanding senior season.

Weaknesses:

A 'tweener who might not have a perfect fit in terms of his pro position...He has never been able to focus on and master just one position...Weight and stamina become issues at times...Has some minor durability concerns...He struggles with speed rushers and has trouble recovering when beat...Is not a road grader as a run blocker...Is not really overly powerful or dominant in any aspect of the game.

Notes:

Could project to either tackle or guard at the next level and his draft stock will be greatly affected by that ultimate projection...The type who does everything well but nothing great...At the absolute least he will be a valuable backup in the pros and based on how well he played this past season he could be a whole lot more.

i don't know if this means anything or not but Justin Blalock is the most well spoken NFL prospect i've ever encountered. He's chess team smart.

Quite impressive... I guess Jets should take Okoye as well. I dont think so.

Ben Grubbs is the man... If you met him, let me know what do you think of him.. If not impressive then forget G for day one.

Quite impressive... I guess Jets should take Okoye as well. I dont think so.

Ben Grubbs is the man... If you met him, let me know what do you think of him.. If not impressive then forget G for day one.

i've met grubbs and interviewed him. very solid player but im not sure why a guy that big can't play tackle - want to see agility numbers.

as for the okoye/blalock comparison they are not equal- i personally want my DT a little on the angry side a little on the firey side, they shouldn't be thinkers per se. some of the best ever were about as bright as potted plants. OL on the other hand is a thinking man's position. it's inaccurate to dismiss intelligence as a factor at all positions.

i've met grubbs and interviewed him. very solid player but im not sure why a guy that big can't play tackle - want to see agility numbers.

as for the okoye/blalock comparison they are not equal- i personally want my DT a little on the angry side a little on the firey side, they shouldn't be thinkers per se. some of the best ever were about as bright as potted plants. OL on the other hand is a thinking man's position. it's inaccurate to dismiss intelligence as a factor at all positions.

Good question on Grubbs' inability at T but I think Auburn dont feature veresatile OL.. He is about 6 3 315 which I dont want him play T for Jets. I obviously have problem with height issue. Only question is Will Jets draft an OG or VOL (versatile OL) on Day one? Jets have Teague who can play all positions. I was thinking about New Mexico OGs like Turner or Greer(preferably) and WVA's Sheffey for Day two or UDFA.

I dont mean to compare okoye and blalock. I meant Mangini tends to go after "Smarts" players. I dont mind having Okoye but Jets cant fatten him up to be ready for 2008 season as NT. Jets cant afford waiting 3 or 5 years for Okoye unless Mangini decides to have 4-3 as base defense. As for Blalock, I am not crazy about him.

i like justin blaylock as well but he will come at a very high price. he is an early second rounder. that could go in the first round because he is a longhorn who won a national championship. i like him a lot but we have other needs that we have to adress. he is not steve hutchinson caliber. he could be if he adds more pounds of muscle. hutchinson is huge.

Archived