What would be a good total yards and ave. for T.J.?

CoachTsurfing

At he minimum so he is not considered a bust would be 1100 yards and 4.0 ave.

I would like to think he could get 1400 yards and 4.3 ave.

250-275 carries for 1100-1200 yards would be a terrific season. The key will be consistency. But if we can get 70- 75 a game from him on 4.0 or better, he will have been well worth the investment. Especially if Leon oicks up another 40 or so and Ced chips in on occassion. 120-130 a game on the ground should be the goal.

Don't forget he also good on catching passes so anything that he gets during

a game in that regard is a bonus.

he could easily pick up anohter 300-400 yards recieving in this O. But I think they will rely more on Leon for that.

It depends on how much Leon Washington is thrown into the mix.

If Jones has only 1000, it won't look bad if Washington has 800.

I read all of the way down to this post thinking that you guys had signed T.J. Duckett. :)

Whyever would his YPC go from over 4 the last 4 years to 3.8? If the front office does their job on the o line there is no reason to believe he'll be below 4ypc.

A number of reasons:

1.) Say what you want about Rex Grossman, but he undeniably stretches the field much better than Chad Pennington, making it harder for teams to stack the line.

2.) Even though it will be in time, the Jets offensive line next season will probably not be better than Chicago's the past two seasons.

3.) He only averaged 4.1 last season and 4.0 career. I really don't think it's much of a stretch.

A number of reasons:

1.) Say what you want about Rex Grossman, but he undeniably stretches the field much better than Chad Pennington, making it harder for teams to stack the line.

2.) Even though it will be in time, the Jets offensive line next season will probably not be better than Chicago's the past two seasons.

3.) He only averaged 4.1 last season and 4.0 career. I really don't think it's much of a stretch.

Teams didn't stack the line against us last year except in a few select games because our running game scared no one. If teams feel that Jones can hurt them and do that then all it does is help Chad and the passing game.

I'll withhold a real opinion about this till i see what the O line looks like in a few months.

A number of reasons:

Having a strong arm does not mean they won't stack the line. As a DC I would dare Grossman to throw the ball. I don't care how far Rex could sling it, I'd rather he throws than the team runs. With Chad I might jump short routes, but I'd just as soon the crappy ass '06 Jets RBs tried to run.

A number of reasons:

DITTO ,My thoughts exactly. Without a real o-line Jones will NOT be the same Jones that ran behind the Bears o-line.

Archived