"A picture is worth a thousand words" Edition of Post of the Week - March 14, 2007

GreenBeans

If "a picture is worth a thousand words", then this edition of POTW is the equivalent of "War and Peace". There are lots and lots of pictures for you to gaze at in disgust, despair, and maybe even delight this week. I'm going to break with tradition and show you the Runner-Up of the Week up top this week in honor of a special young lady - Ms. Ryno the Jet, take a bow!

Runner-up of the Week Sponsored by The Stork!

Originally Posted by Ryno the Jet

http://jetnation.com/forums/image.php?u=223&dateline=1173674199

m_30aaf44d216a2d5bf315d6cec5e77157.jpg

(Editor's note: Congrats again, Ryno - she's a cutie!)

There's your delight, folks - the only thing left in the picture category from here on out is disgust and despair.

Let's get right to this week's posts:

-----

Originally Posted by BoomBoomMancini

Chad can throw the deep seam across the middle of the field pretty well..

Its the sideline to sideline throw that really require the arm stregnth.

Olsen is a BIG TARGET

something Chad hasn't had. Chad can get away with those floaters with a 6'6 260 lb man there.

(Editor's note: Boom Boom, is that you? )

-----

Originally Posted by Smizzy

If Sex is relaxing to you....You're not doing it right.

Originally Posted by greengal

if your wife isnt relaxed after sex, YOU are not doing it right.

(Editor's note: Now you tell me - sheeeeesh - you mean it's really NOT all about me?)

-----

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards

trentgreenunderthebusuj2.jpg

Originally Posted by johnny green balls

hilarious sperm because it's true. and sad because herm set him up for failure by benching the red hot (11 tds, 1 int) huard for trent before he was ready.

(Editor's note: I miss Herm - NOT!)

-----

Originally Posted by GreenBeans

GO HEELS!

ACC Tourney time on Tobacco Road - ahhh, the okay life - it's certainly not as good as a day on Greenwich Ave, but almost.

Y'all be cool -

gb

(Editor's note: Aww, shucks - thanks for the nomiation, SJ.)

-----

Originally Posted by Bill Parcells

****..I wanted to see the one with Genghis Kahn..

Is that one gonna be on again?

Originally Posted by joewilly

no. unfortunatly drew rosenhaus was Genghis' agent in the negotiations with the history channel and the deal was so front end loaded they'll be no repeats.

(Editor's note: How sad is it that this sounds believable?)

-----

Originally Posted by jetheelz

F coach K.

F Duke.

F their fans.

That is all.

(The Nomination: "potw nom p.s. Go Heels" - AVM)

(Editor's note: What does the "F" stand for and why does Duke always get them? - ps. Go Heels!)

-----

Originally Posted by Jetlag

Baker = receiving TE not blocking TE

Madmike got it right finally.

Originally Posted by madmike1

I NEVER said that Baker was a good blocker. what exactly have I been getting wrong about him?

No you misunderstood. I wasn't saying you got it wrong on Baker, I was implying you get everything else wrong. For example you got what I was implying wrong.

As I just told Bill Parcells, don't mind me I'm an a-hole ballbuster.

(Editor's note: You know when assumes they tend to make an a$$ out of U and me - what happens when you imply?)

-----

Originally Posted by shawn306

Gus Hansen

Gus Ferrotte

(Editor's note: Gus Frerotte - switch the "r"'s and you get a potw now every time. People LOVE Gus! ;))

-----

Topic: RELAX

bb2.jpg

(Editor's note: Where are Jay and Silent Bob?)

-----

Topic: Smizzy or Max?

Originally Posted by P2C

Which one owns the site?

Originally Posted by Green DNA

Has one of them approached you claiming to be the owner and demanding sexual favors? They tried the same crap with me. A couple of reach arounds and a Cleveland Steamer later, I got wise to that game.

(Editor's note: ...after the 4th time around...)

-----

Topic: Summer Vacation

Originally Posted by SouthernJet

Temp assignbment in Orlando? How long? Kids will love that

Originally Posted by Max

Going for a week. Kids? Oh wait I just posted this in public. My wife will definitely find out now, lol.

Should have told her first.

Originally Posted by JetFanByMarriage

That's okay you can go by yourself sweetie! You deserve a week away!

Hey Gob, can you take a week off in the summer to come visit???

(Editor's note: Why does GOB always score the chicks here? What am I, a long skinny vegetable or something? Oh, wait...)

-----

Originally Posted by G.O.B.

(Editor's note: GOB has gotten two blanked out POTW NOMS in the past two weeks - can he make it three? Tune in next time to....)

-----

FB Barnes Added to the Backfield

Published: 03-08-07

By Jets PR Department

Regular Contributor

Article Permalink: http://www.newyorkjets.com/articles/...-the-backfield

The New York Jets announced today the signing of fullback Darian Barnes to a contract. The announcement was made by Jets’ General Manager Mike Tannenbaum.

Barnes, going into his sixth season in the NFL, played in all 16 games (six starts) for the Miami Dolphins in 2006, recording three receptions for 22 yards.

Barnes Originally entered the NFL in 2002 as a rookie free agent with the New York Giants out of Hampton University. He has played in 61 games, while making 22 starts in five seasons as a member of the Dolphins, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Dallas Cowboys.

Originally Posted by mangenious420

How good was this pick up in your eyes Sperm? I don't know enough about him.

I don't let sperm get in my eyes you homo.

(Editor's note: That's right, how can it get in his eyes from the back of his throat?)

-----

Topic: Heading to India

Originally Posted by Jetcane

So, the "D" in DNA stands for diarrhea?

(Editor's note: Not necessarily, it could also stand for Dysentery - I'm just sayin'...)

-----

Originally Posted by Alk

I've noticed some posters that have disabled their rep. Why is that?

because it's stupid.

Originally Posted by Thor99

Sounds like someone with a red box.

(Editor's note: Didn't GOB get divorced?)

-----

Originally Posted by ecurb2369

Those are the "rep" point levels...

where did you find those?

(Editor's note: Hmmmm....not sure why this is here, but it must be funny to somebody. Please explain...)

-----

Originally Posted by Garb

I can live with the tea party set being stolen, I'm a modern gal living the MTV life, I don't do dishes or china. But, darn it if I don't miss my Barbie. I must have visual proof of of an unattainable standard nearby to make me feel inadequate.

that's why max always keeps a hotdog handy.

(Editor's note: That Garb is playing coy - she's super sexy and puts all Barbies to SHAME. As far as the hot dog comment - well, at least Max has upgraded from the toothpicks...)

-----

Topic: Brady's Biggest Issues

Originally Posted by MSGold12

Clearly its not his lacking wide receivers...he seems to have found PLENTY of them over the last 3 months.

No, it does appear that Brady's biggest issues these days is his overly quick release combined with his penchant for staying in the pocket a BIT too long!!!!!

(Editor's note: Looks like his protection didn't work too well as as result...)

-----

You're spot on with that assessment

But..the rep system is meant to encourage people to post more, and make the board grow..it also rewards long time posters..

That's my take on rep

Originally Posted by Max

Bill --

When we want to know what you think we will pull your strings.

(Editor's note: Hey Bill, just don't let him try to stick his hand up your a$$ - just a friendly piece of advise.)

-----

lesbocopyna9.jpg

(Editor's note: Not sure what happened to the image...)

-----

Hey Green DNA can you bring me back one of those cool red * dots?

smizznl7.jpg

(Editor's note: Hey look, Smizzy can work for Dell now!)

-----

Topic: Guess Who

Originally Posted by NJ

guess_who.jpg

(Editor's note: That's just wrong on so many levels. Funny as all get out, but wrong. ecurb has a lot more Chad stuff than this picture shows.)

-----

Originally Posted by Barton

Lets bank on the Jets building 1 of the greatest defenses in NFL history! That will allow Chad to be a SB winner for us!

See, what'd i say a few posts ago?

The responses are so predictable.

Originally Posted by The Troll

Yes, but the responses of the supporters are so original.

I have only heard GimmeShelter's "1-800-QB" line about 50 times.

Hey, Shelter, before 2005 whenever you were still holding out hope that Herm would turn things around, was I a "1-800-DIALACOACH" guy?

(Editor's note: Wait a second, you told me your name was Jenny and you number was 867-530-niiiieeeeeiiiiinnne)

-----

Originally Posted by GimmeShelter

To be honest with you Troll the fact that I wasn't a Herm hater or supporter has little to do with Pennington . If that is supposed to bother me, knock yourself out.

This is like your Vince Young sucks....is great...sucks posts. If you constantly change your tune then I guess eventually you get to say see I told you so which seems to be very important to you.....boring

Frankly it seems nothing ever makes you happy but that's your issue.

(Editor's note:

Where do we go from here

There must be something near

Changing you, changing me forever

Places changes, faces change

Life is so very strange

Changing time, changing rhyme together

There's no where else to go

This could be our last show

Changing dreams, changing schemes never

We are never satisfied

Love is gone, along with fun

Now we're reaching for the gun

Changing cast, changing fast, no more tether

We are never satisfied)

-----

Originally Posted by TaborJet

mountrushmorefx3.jpg

(Editor's note: Hey look, we can see TX again!)

-----

Originally Posted by GreenMachine

motivatorbob.jpg

(Editor's note: That's classic! The Machine does it again!)

-----

4hhkq1.jpg

(Editor's note: I know you guys always said Max had boobs, but I thought they would be a little bigger.)

-----

Topic: Welcome Back

...Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,

To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,

But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)

Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back...

Looks like there were some server problems last night. Sorry about that, folks.

Originally Posted by Green DNA

Since you and I are the only ones here, this would be a good time to give me POTW. Kind of a "you need to be present to claim your prize" type of thing.

(Editor's note: Too bad DNA is in India, he would have won...)

-----

Topic: Why disable rep?

Originally Posted by Scott Dierking

I was the kid in class who thought giving Valentine's to everyone in your class, whether you liked them or not, was a stupid idea also.

This kind of fits along that line of thinking.

except that's real life with consequences and this is an internet messageboard. just seems like there's an air of "i'm just too cool to partake in this." newsflash-- you post on a internet chat board. you ain't too cool for anything!

(Editor's note: You mean I'm NOT cool for being the POTW guy on a website? There goes my self-esteem...)

-----

Topic: little weenie forum

Originally Posted by jetscott

http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=139738 you have to read this on that other site. these boys have got to have the little weenie syndrome. hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

Not sure what is more pathetic. The thread or the fact that Sooth doesn't think 250K/Year is a lot of money.

Originally Posted by Max

Pardon me. Excuse me. Let me squeeze by there. Thanks. Hey I just need to get in front of you. Thank You.

{Max steps up on his Soap Box}

When I was a kid we didn't have a lot of money. When I became a teenager it was all I could think about. I remember actually being scared. I thought what if I don't become rich? What if I don't make it? I majored in Finance in College and just figured that money was something I had to have lots of. I had to change the tide for my family. We were going to be rich.

As I got older I realized how good I had it growing up. We didn't have a big house. But we had a home. My parents are were happy. My entire family supported each other in sports or whatever we did.

Then I realized. I already had everything I needed. We aren't "rich". I cringe when I send out the monthly mortgage check. But I have a very good job and we spoil the kids rotten (try to anyway). The kids are in a private Catholic School and my wife has been able to stay at home the entire time.

Do I have a fund set aside for their college? lol. Do I get to coach my kids in every sport that they play? Yes. Do I get to work at a job I enjoy and have enough flexibility to spend time with the family? Yes.

There is a trade off. Since I wasn't born rich (that would have been my first choice) I realize that money doesn't make me rich. I used to travel for work. Flew all over and got to see a lot of the country. When our 3rd kid was born I told my employer I couldn't travel anymore. Said I was away from the kids too much. Sure if I traveled I could make more money. Would that make me rich? Not in my book.

Family Man is one of my favorite movies. And I can't recall ever seeing a tomb stone that read: I wish I had spent more time at the office. It is the little things that I will look back on. To me, it's not about the vacations. It is about playing in the back yard with the kids. The best things in life are free.

Yes -- I know -- spoken like a poor person. hahahaha.

(Editor's note: Right on the mark, Max, right on the mark...)

-----

Watch out..ecurb sells rockets in his store..you might have some version of the V-2 Chad love rocket land on you over there in good old Ireland if you keep up talk like that..

I never knew ecurb was a rocket scientist

Originally Posted by Panzer Division Marduk

Or he could just post the pictures of all the deranged scribbling he did on his store's walls.

Originally Posted by NJ

No PDM... I'm sure he wrote it all down and we'll just get bombarded with it at some point.

Still, knowing that Ecurb was probably climbing the walls was worth it.

(The Nomination: "POTW for all of these combined....You guys are a riot! I actually just got a little more work done for once this morning... lol" - ecurb)

(Editor's note: I love reading the by product of a morning without JN...)

-----

GOB.jpg

(Editor's note: Hey, look - GOB DID lose some weight after all!)

-----

Originally Posted by Alk

FreeAbobo.jpg

(Editor's note: What does that little creature have to do with Ethiopia?)

-----

Originally Posted by NYSE

I dont know if Massengill removes sand from vagina's.....but its worth a try.

(The Nomination: "Spectacular 1st post! POTW NOM worthy! has that ever happened before? This guy is the fcking Bobby Fisher of Message Boards!" - Smizzy)

(Editor's note: Starting one's career with a douche joke is risky business - where do you go from there? Don't you know, don't you know, Don't you know that you are a shooting star...)

-----

Originally Posted by shawn306

A defense that could not hold a 17-10 lead. That fell for a Steelers trick play for the second time that season in that SAME situation.

An offensive line that through the years constantly got beat up by the Steelers.

A kicker who failed not once but TWICE to put the Steelers away.

And a QB that couldn't get his team in the end zone.

We all blamed Brien for the the loss. Then when Brien was gone, everyone went after Hackett, then it was Herm who got the blame for the loss.

Well now with everyone gone lets blame Chad.

So where am I going with this.

I want someone to name me the QB who got his team to the Super Bowl all by himself. That is what you guys are looking for.

Hate to tell you but guys like Brady and Manning come once maybe every ten years and even then that is not a guarantee to get you to the Super Bowl.

You need talent on both sides of the football. Something the Jets have very rarely put together at the same time.

Hopefully Mangini can put those pieces together. If it is Chad that is fine with me. I think he is more than capable of doing the job. If it is Clemens well then I guess I will start drinking the Clemenade.

(Editor's note: Whoa, wait a second here, shawn - you're not allowed to use logic, buddy. What do you think this is, a discussion between ration people or something? Sheeesh.)

-----

This is a start...

clemenade1.gif

(Editor's note: That's just awesome! Someone needs to market this idea to the Jets!)

-----

Its unfortunate your a JETS fan...

The fact that you dont support a guy who GETS US TO THE SHOW

Who is the most winning JETS QB EVER

Who proved all haters wrong, OVER AND OVER

Im sorry you arent enjoying it but I actually like having my team in the playoffs, you THINK Chad cant get it done there... but in reality you know nothing, your not a head coach, you dont see Chad practice, you dont know him, you dont break down his film, you watch him in real time on CBS once a week for a few months and act like a know it all...

Mangini like him, you dont... get over it.

Originally Posted by Barton

According to your logic, Herman Edwards is the greatest Jets coach of all time because he was the most winning JETS HC EVER! :Nuts:

(Editor's note: Nothing like a swift keep to the nuts to ruin one's day...)

-----

Originally Posted by 124

2002: 12 games

2003: Broken wrist

2004: Torn rotator cuff

2005: Torn rotator cuff

2006: Holy **** he did it!

2007: ???

(Editor's note: ??? == Super Bowl- you heard it here first...)

-----

Originally Posted by Max

Does this mean I don't have to bring my bodyguard to home games next season? I was just trying to figure out what games you were going to so we could tighten security accordingly. Remember that time you threw horse **** at me and told me I sucked donkey b*lls. That was fun.

JUst busting Senior. In fairness we were never able to prove that you were the one that threw it at me. hahaha.

Glad to see you posting again.

Originally Posted by SeniorFlaJet

Nah, it couldn't have been me. I'm too old to throw things.

In fact my insurance agent now only sends me a six month calendar.

(Editor's note: Wow, Senior actually does have a sense of humor! "six month calendar" - lol - that's a fantastic line!)

-----

Originally Posted by Max

Q: Just curious who has record for the longest Piss

A: GOB. December 2006 - March 2007. From the sounds of it the moaning is over, so I think the pissing is just about done as well.

Sorry GOB, couldn't resist!

(Editor's note: Uhh, you do realize that GOB carries a gun, dontcha?)

-----

is this is the same co-worker that was shocked by the ending of "Titanic"?

Originally Posted by Alk

That wasn't a co-worker, that was just some lady standing in line waiting to go in. She was honest to god pissed that they had a picture of the ship sinking on a movie poster.

what do you expect? She went to school in Greenwich.

(Editor's note: HA - subtle as a brick to the head.)

-----

Originally Posted by PFSIKH

:yawn:

that tom's "Oh face"?

No, its the face he makes when he gives BJ's...

and his dentist wondered why anyone would elect to have their front teeth extracted

(Editor's note: There must be a whole lot of - ahem - drilling going on in that mouth...)

-----

Trust me I hate the Pats as much as anyone but every year Jets fans start these threads about the ship "starting" to sink.

How about we let the motherf*cker hit the ocean floor first and then talk.

more fun to mock them as they're swirling around the bowl

My point is this, to use your toilet analogy, the Patriots would be what they call in the industry a "floater".

(Editor's note: What does a Chad Pennington deep out have to do with this conversation?)

-----

1st off Mephisto, that was your 3rd post,, what a tard.

And I said when silence that usually equals drugs,, how does your mediocre third post (since you cant count), have anything do with his silence,,

man, you have become a lame and unable to count poster,,

You need to go to JI like Tex..

Originally Posted by SeniorFlaJet

SJ, he gets confused when Tex isn't here to pull his strings.

(Editor's note: Another puppet reference? Hmmm, are all of you guys watching Howdy Doody again?)

-----

No..I am not Max's proctologist..nor do I want to be..joewilly seems to have extensive research on the subject along with his nursing student Jetcane.

can you blame them? max has so many polups that the interior of his colon is studded "for his pleasure."

(Editor's note: You should make some molds and market them, johnny - you'll make a fortune from this message board!)

-----

true that guy actually has a dick

Originally Posted by jetsrule128

wow that is kind of rude

relax, you can borrow mike boogie's anytime

why bring mike boogie winner of big brother 7 into this

(Editor's note: Do you have an actual life, or is it all just played out on TV for you? Golly...)

-----

Topic: The Official 124 Needs ___ Thread

Originally Posted by 124

Anybody know? I was considering trying to find a Sperm / Blood bank anywhere around Northern, NJ but I have no clue as to where they would be. Any information on that or an easy way to make a few hundred dollars quickly?

Originally Posted by Bob

What's really funny is that Joe thinks his jizz has value.

(Editor's note: One man's jizz is another person's treasure...I think we have a new Halmark card for sperm donors right here.)

-----

i really think jetnation is the best jets site

all the other ones can quoting dr will and james

EAD

Originally Posted by Thor99

I seem to have misplaced my jetsrule128 to English dictionary.

Can anyone help me out here?

(Editor's note: Anyone? I'm interested in finding out just WTF this means as well...)

-----

Topic: Jaguar Receiver Arrested for Possession of a Fed. Agent's Stolen Firearm & Marijuana

Originally Posted by Arsis

so this moronic thugturd was just driving around with a stolen federal agent's firearm under his seat?

(Editor's note: Happy now, johnny - "thugturd" made it into the POTW running...)

-----

11steveirwinstingrayve9.gif

(Editor's note: Sick bastid.)

-----

Originally Posted by Garb

People, please! Why do you think SJ is so obsessed with turd? Because he likes slinging it around, stirring it up, and being full of it.

(Editor's note: Are you flirting with SJ? I think my heart is breaking...)

-----

Topic: Rocky busted for Steroids

Originally Posted by Bob

They should put asterisks next to all his box office records.

(Editor's note: Hehehehehe - that's very clever. Does the win against Clubber Lange still count?)

-----

Originally Posted by SoFlaJets

Jets | B. Kotwica added to coaching staff

Tue, 13 Mar 2007 08:03:10 -0800

The New York Jets announced Tuesday, March 13, the addition of Ben Kotwica to the team's coaching staff as the defense and special teams quality-control coach.

Originally Posted by joewilly

not sure what ben kotwica is gonna make but you couldn't pay me enough to walk around critiqueing westhoff to rationalize your salary.

ben should be easy to spot on the sidelines. he'll be the guy with a cane poking out his a$$

(Editor's note: Westy ain't no joke, that's for sure. I'd say this job is the least desirable on the entire staff...)

-----

Topic: My Niece's dog got eaten by a gator

Originally Posted by SoFlaJets

her husband Ray went out hunting (they live near Lake Okeechobee) and he couldn't find his second dog so he left his shirt by the pond and the dog must have gotten thirsty and went to get a drink in the pond and a gator got him-now that's something you never hear about happening in Jersey

Originally Posted by Bob

Did anyone else hear the tune from "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" when they read the title of this thread?

My neice's dog got eaten by a gator,

While hunting in the swamps with husband Ray.

You may say there's no such thing as gators,

But one just had a terrier filet.

(Editor's note: Bob is on fire this week, folks. Sick, but on fire.)

-----

This is my point. They are both to blame. Not just Herm. But if Herm was so stupid to say "whatever Curtis wants" and live up to it, then a team-first player should take it upon himself to do what's right for the team without fear of losing carries to a young, healthy back. Playing through 2 high ankle sprains, gaining a total of 98 yards through 4 games was an example (actually 4 examples) of not doing that.

Originally Posted by mdrago4

I'm under the impression that 90% of the people on this board have played sports at a reasonably high level.

(Editor's note: Do Madden and knock hockey count?)

-----

oh man jetnation you guys are great.1000 posts ,a major feet .i just want to say thank you for puting up with me.Here is to more great jets football even though they are backstabbing long island. in 2008

LETS GO JETS

PS-IF YOU DO NOT LIKE ME EAD

all my soverign 6 plus 2 postings don't worry i am not crazy .they are good people but all of it is a joke

clown%20shoes%2010.jpg

Yup. They're major, alright.

(Editor's note: You're either implying that 128 is a clown or that his big feet indicate a big...)

-----

lol as i was walking to my car to go home

an army recruiter walked up to me and handed me an army card and was like you want to join the army

and i was like no sir dr will kirby and mike boogie never joined the army and they are doing just fine with there life

so i put it in the garbage and walked away

yeah take that army recriter

chad never joined the army either

TRUE STORY SWEAR ON MY LIFE

(now that i think of it i should of been like the army yippe now i get to be in the audiance for deal or no deal)( last night was army night)

The United States Army may never know how close they came to disaster.

(Editor's note: What 128 does not realize is that the Army has it's own web based reality show - he missed his chance!)

-----

The United States Army may never know how close they came to disaster.

Yeah uif you thought the war wasnt going so good now... try sending 128 over there to talk about Big Brother 24/7...

(Editor's note: Think of all the good he could do at Gitmo. The prisoners there would gladly talk instead of listening to him! 128 could be a WEAPON.)

-----

Originally Posted by Cotch-Rocket

Over the next few weeks, I intend to analyze the Jets, position-by-position. I'm going to start with one of the most important positions, quarterback.

QUARTERBACK.

This is a difficult position for me to analyze. After 2002, I was enamored with Chad Pennington. Absolutely and completely in love with him to the fullest heterosexual sports fanatic extent. 2003 was a bad year for the Jets, and it was because he wasn't there. I was upset about his broken wrist, especially because it was the fourth preseason game, but hey, what can you do, freak accidents happen... right?

2004 rolls around. We give him 7 years, $64.2 million before the season starts. Wow. Insanity. Not too happy about that one, but not upset either. I mean, he did break his wrist just a year ago, but that was a freak injury on his opposite throwing arm. Chad was one year removed from a 22 TD 6 INT performance that boasted an extremely impressive 104.2 QB rating in 12 starts with nearly 70% completion.

5-0 start, Chad looks pretty good. A few bumps here and there, but... BAM! Torn rotator cuff. Another freak injury. Now, I'm doubting that contract, but again, not his fault. He needs to recover from it, and stop playing through it. It was a fantastic effort in the playoffs (at least against San Diego; I don't forgive him for the Pittsburgh debacle of leading your team to only three damned points) but now he needed huge surgery.

2005... Pennington is back from shoulder surgery. I expect a weakened arm, yes. It's expected. However, we never truly get to see how weak it is now because of, well, another "freak" injury. Another rotator cuff tear. When does the tag of "freak injury" go away and "injury prone" come up? I'd say right about now.

After his first injury, I defended him against the naysayers. He'll come back to 2002 form. After his huge, unnecessary contract, I defended him. 2003 was an incomplete year coming off of a tough injury and to a 1-4 team. After his first rotator cuff tear, I defended him. Another freak injury. He is still a great quarterback. However, Chad ruined it with his third severe injury. There is a limit to the number of "freak injuries" you have before the label of injury prone is placed on you. This was the end of the line. You cannot keep breaking my heart Chad. You're making me look bad, but even worse, you're making me feel bad and even worse yet, the Jets are losing games (and money) because of YOU and your injuries.

Now, fast-forward past an extremely overrated and mediocre "Comeback Player of the Year" caliber season. But wait, Cotch-Rocket, he won Comeback Player of the Year Award! How is that mediocre? I'll tell you how: 17 total touchdowns compared to 20 total turnovers. A 6.91 YPA, nearly a full point less than his 2002 season, and inflated by plays such as the two Jerricho Cotchery made against New England in the first meeting. Terrible throws that place his players in danger (see: Miami game on Christmas night; Lavernaues Coles (twice) and Leon Washington, as well as various games and plays throughout the season). How about the stretch of six, count 'em SIX, consecutive regular season games without surpassing a weak 200 passing yards, one of them not even breaking 100 yards and another surpassing 100 by only eight yards? How about the debacle against Chicago? Cleveland? Both are games that were winnable, but poor quarterback play prevented the Jets from winning.

However, credit where credit is due, Chad did help us win a decent amount last year. And more credit where it is due: we still could have won those games without him. Chad Pennington has never been a game-changing quarterback since any of his injuries. He has been a game manager; a quarterback that can not lose games if surrounded with proper talent that he can utilize efficiently. You will never see Chad Pennington make (positive) game-altering plays. It just doesn't happen.

So what exactly do I want at quarterback? Well, for starters, I want Kellen Clemens in the future. He needs to have his shine time, and we can't clog it with a quarterback such as Pennington. Pennington will be 31 when the next season starts, and we cannot look for him past this season, in my opinion. We need to make sure Clemens will be ready to take the reigns whenever Chad gets a season-ending injury next.

We, as Jet fans, cannot continue to conform to and accept the mediocrity that this franchise is used to. Chad Pennington is MEDIOCRE. We have a younger option that can potentially perform better. Even if Clemens doesn't, he can only improve. Chad reached his ceiling, smacked his head on it, and won't go back up.

We cannot allow Pennington to have a season like last year with his shoddy performances that cost us games. We cannot allow another season of more turnovers than touchdowns. We cannot allow another season of simplistic game management. The future is now.

If an entire surgery-free offseason of rest is what Chad needs, then this is his chance. He needs to prove it to me, because I'm not drinking that Kool-Aid at all. All the Pennington diehards ever have for him and his abysmal performance is EXCUSES. "New offense," "no full offseason of recovery and rest," "not enough talent on offense." No longer are ANY of these viable excuses, in my opinion. He has the same offense for two years next season. He has a full, surgery-free offseason to rehab his arm. He has Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, Lavernaues Coles, Jerricho Cotchery, Brad Smith, Chris Baker, and anyone we draft. More than talented enough. He has a great center in Mangold and an improving offensive line.

This year is Chad's last chance. It's time to put up or shut up. No more excuses. No more mediocrity. No more negative game-changing plays. None of it. I've had enough. If we have to sacrifice wins to get Kellen Clemens playing time, so be it. It will be better in the long run.

As far as depth goes, we need a veteran QB to be 2 or 3 to apply pressure to Clemens; make him work towards an incentive of passing them on the depth chart, or holding them back. Plus, I'll never, ever rule out an injury to Chad Pennington again in my life, and more depth would be appreciated.

(Editor's note: Impressive post - thanks!)

-----

And this week's winner:

Originally Posted by AirForceJetFan

This talk about Randy McMichael being a target for the Jets and some of the enthusiasm shown by fans about bringing him to New York got me to wondering. McMichael has had a couple of incidents documented where he assaulted his girlfriend (once while she was pregnant) and when he was a dolphin he was a "scumbag" and a "terrible human being" but now that he's a free agent who can catch the football, a lot of fans are willling to forgive and forget his history of beating on women. I was just wondering where each person draws the line? I've heard a lot of fans say "I don't care what a player does in his personal life as long as he can play football". So, if Randy McMichael or any other NFL player for that matter was available and they were a top talent. Perrenial pro bowler. Would you want that player on your team if he were a rapist? Murderer? Child molester? If you see video of the player running from the cops after being busted on "to catch a predator" do you think to yourself "what a doucebag" or do you think "wow, he must run a 4.4 40, pick up the phone Tangini"? Again, just wondering where folks draw the line. What crimes are overriden by great football talent and which ones aren't?

Congratulation to AirForceJetFan for his POTW win this week. This post, especially in light of the Pac Man's, steroids, and other BS going on in professional sports, spoke volumes to me. Screw these POS guys - there are plenty of other talented people out there that are decent individuals. I could not stomach the idea of watching that POS McMicheal ever Sunday, just like I hated watching Quincy Carter in Jets green a few years ago. People can make mistakes (ie. Adrian Jones), but thugs like this have no place in pro-sports in my not so humble opinion. Great post and POTW winner. Wear the badge with pride, AFJF:

potw.jpg

The Assist of the Week goes to Bill Parcells - he was in the middle of a lot of funny posts this week. Good job, Bill!

That's all for this week folks, enjoy the NCAA tourney and GO HEELS!

gb

congrats afj. if I was greenbeans, I woulda voted for ya to in light of you're recent workout regime. yikes dude.

since i'm not beans, I thought bob's gator jingle was funny as hell.

great job as always mr beans & your hard work is much appreciated.

Well done AFJ. Beans, I discovered that they do have internet here in India. Who woulda thunk it.

PS: If anyone has any tech issues that they would like me to address, I will be here one more day.

PSS: 3 days in India and no Hershey squirts, yeehaa!!

Well done AFJ. Beans, I discovered that they do have internet here in India. Who woulda thunk it.

PS: If anyone has any tech issues that they would like me to address, I will be here one more day.

:rl: too funny

Good job again GB

I got an assist :confused0061:

Great job again Beans!=D>;)

Hey, you deserved it, Bill - I had nothing to do with it. :)

congrats afj. if I was greenbeans, I woulda voted for ya to in light of you're recent workout regime. yikes dude.

since i'm not beans, I thought bob's gator jingle was funny as hell.

great job as always mr beans & your hard work is much appreciated.

Thanks joewilly - I appreciate it. By the way, I laughed out loud and actually SUNG that verse out loud at work. :)

Congrats, AFJF. Well done.

I didn't get the feeling the red dot GOB put on Smizzy's forehead was a Hindu marking. I thought it was a laser sight.

I thought the same, Bob - especially coming from GOB.

I think that Cotch-Rocket's post was excellent

I agree dwalsh - very, very good post (and his latest post is pretty damn good as well)

Cool for you, DNA! Don't drink the water! Sukhad mouka!!!

Thanks for giving me the nod beans, and thanks for the compliments from the rest of you. This really is something I wonder about quite often. The things that fans will tolerate from a player really makes me sick. Sure there are some things that you can live with if a guy does it one time and learns his lesson. We all make mistakes. Repeat offenders like McMichael who is beating pregnant women...it's just inexcusable and repulsive. Good job by the Jets FO in not going after this guy.

Archived