Jets Re-Sign Clement

FITM

Very good signing. I for one am very happy over re-signing Anthony as now we do not need to target an Offensive Lineman in the 1st round unless a very good one comes our way at 25 and we arn't liking the Cornerback or Linebacker options.

i am happy with it. people say he sucks at run blocking i dont think he is really that bad. he is a decent RT. the reason why he struggled some last year was because he had to tak care if his man and brandon moores man at the same time because moore doesnt know what the hell he is doing or where the hell he is. Moore sucks.

I'm really not. I just hated the awful play of 3-5 of our O line last year and want the jets to give their new RB a chance to succeed...

read my post before last and that will tell you why are O-Line struggled last year. our left side was pretty solid a few bumps here and there. but our right side was horride, because of brandon moore. he just simply isnt made out to be in the NFL. he is horrible. him starting at RG is a joke. Clement constantly had to take on the double team because Moore would just ****ing stand there and wave to his mom. Clement is that bad i am not saying he is good. but with a huge road grader for a RG (Ramirez) Clement could be pretty solid for us at RT.

i am happy with it. people say he sucks at run blocking i dont think he is really that bad. he is a decent RT. the reason why he struggled some last year was because he had to tak care if his man and brandon moores man at the same time because moore doesnt know what the hell he is doing or where the hell he is. Moore sucks.

It's the other way round,Brandon Moore isn't a great player but he's better than Clement.Clement is horrible but at least he gives us consistency and a plan B if we don't get a starter in the draft.

read my post before last and that will tell you why are O-Line struggled last year. our left side was pretty solid a few bumps here and there. but our right side was horride, because of brandon moore. he just simply isnt made out to be in the NFL. he is horrible. him starting at RG is a joke. Clement constantly had to take on the double team because Moore would just ****ing stand there and wave to his mom. Clement is that bad i am not saying he is good. but with a huge road grader for a RG (Ramirez) Clement could be pretty solid for us at RT.
I don't buy that at all. Clement played just as bad as Moore did for most of the season. RT a vital position for having an effective running game and as long as they have a retread like Clement there the jets will not have an elite running game no matter who is carrying the ball.

It's the other way round,Brandon Moore isn't a great player but he's better than Clement.Clement is horrible but at least he gives us consistency and a plan B if we don't get a starter in the draft.

they both suck. either way, i don't mind if ONE of them starts and the other is a backup, but i don't want them both starting again next year.

I don't buy that at all. Clement played just as bad as Moore did for most of the season. RT a vital position for having an effective running game and as long as they have a retread like Clement there the jets will not have an elite running game no matter who is carrying the ball.

Moore is barely adequate, IMO. He need to be upgraded if the Jets are gonna have a consistent between-the-tackles running game. Its more important to upgrade Moore than Clement, but I think Clement is a worse player.

if the goal is to just field a team then this is a good signing.

if the goal is to beat NE and get to the Super Bowl, this is not a good signing (neither is the bobby hamilton signing)

Anthony Clement is a below average RT in big games against good defenses. He's pretty much JAG, and that's being generous.

I liked it better when he wasn't on the roster.

Moore is barely adequate, IMO. He need to be upgraded if the Jets are gonna have a consistent between-the-tackles running game. Its more important to upgrade Moore than Clement, but I think Clement is a worse player.

they are both awful. Picking between them as for who is worse is very tough. Moore might be worse due to the penalties.

they both suck. either way, i don't mind if ONE of them starts and the other is a backup, but i don't want them both starting again next year.

I agree but Moore is more serviceable at the moment,he gets a nice little push in short yardage situations and will occasionally get to the second level.Clement can't handle speed rushers and gets routinely owned by the rip move,and he is in consistent at run blocking.

they are both awful. Picking between them as for who is worse is very tough. Moore might be worse due to the penalties.

Thats not a choice thats fun making. They really dropped the ball this off season resigning crap like Clement and Kimo Von Old...

Im all for this signing assuming its a cap friendly contract. It takes a while for an O-line with a new offensive system, and new starters to play as a cohesive unit. I dont really recall cursing Clements name much over the course of last season, and that says that he was at least not commiting a lot of stupid penaltys. I would like to see the Jets draft a guard or tackle early in the draft to compliment the improvemets we have already made in the running game. Its tough to put so much of the blame on the O-line for an ineffective running game for much of the season when our feature backs were at times Kevin Barlow and Cedric Houston. I think the aquisition of T.Jones and a run blocking FB will go a long way in making Clement look a lot better than he did last year.

RT is more important then RG actually. If they had a good RT (Not Clement) moore would be ok.

Thats really just an opinion. Upgrading one of these positions is neccessary and argueing which one of them is worse is pointless. I think it was an important signing in terms of making sure the situation on the right side doesn't get any worse than it already was last year, but I have seen enough of Brandon Moore to know that he is lucky he was able to start as long as he already has in this league....

Moore is not a starting caliber player, Clement plays a tougher position first and formost and I think he was servicable last year(or at least more so than Moore).

I agree it doesn't make sense keeping Von Oldenhoffen and Bobby Hamilton. But than again I liked Bobby H last year and we wouldn't have exactly GAINED anything by droping Kimo.

If Blalock is as good as most think he is, that would negate any short comings Clement has. Someone said it before that Clement was covering for Moore most of the time, I sort of agree with that. If you put a stud next to an average player that average player becomes much better.

That's not even mentioning having Mangold next to Blalock could be the best center guard combo in the league, in a year or so at least.

if the goal is to just field a team then this is a good signing.

if the goal is to beat NE and get to the Super Bowl, this is not a good signing (neither is the bobby hamilton signing)

Anthony Clement is a below average RT in big games against good defenses. He's pretty much JAG, and that's being generous.

I liked it better when he wasn't on the roster.

At least they can field a team. I'd like to upgrade Clement too, but downgrading from Clement (AJones) would be horrific.

Clement is a mediocre player and if this regime is sersiously planning on having him start at RT next year the offense is going to have problems. We passed up about 20 good RT's in the later rounds of last year's draft to get "character" guys like Schlegel and Eric Smith. This year's draft isn't nearly as deep at the position.

I'm with you on that peternorth. But I don't want to get started on shelgel. This is a good back up signing. But honestly we had to sign him back when we didn't sign anyone else. This doesn't mean we don't need to still draft a o lineman. I'd be shocked if Blalock is there at 25 and we don't take him. Unless some else like a carriker is still there.

Archived