Yankees starting pitching

Thor99

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is anyone going to make it out of the 5th inning this year?

It's a little early for Joe to be killing the bullpen, don't you think?

But, yeah. I'll take the Yanks rotation over the Sox.:bag:

The hitting will come.

I don't like the pitching or how it's being run by Torre at all. Yeah, it's 3 games, but this bullpen is going to be on fumes by Memorial Day if he doesn't let the starters work into at least the 5th inning. Again, it's 3 games, but the signs are troubling.

The hitting will come.

I don't like the pitching or how it's being run by Torre at all. Yeah, it's 3 games, but this bullpen is going to be on fumes by Memorial Day if he doesn't let the starters work into at least the 5th inning. Again, it's 3 games, but the signs are troubling.

They're actually hitting pretty well. Just not with RISP, from what I've seen.

Except for Melky. He's been putrid.

Well, another fantastic start for the Yankees staff.

At least Igawa finished 5 innings, saving the bullpen. Does that make him the Yankees ace?

Who needs this spring training stuff? Not the Yank starters, no sir. Torre is very happy. The relievers get to work on his beloved obsession, their all important roles. Which means the entire bullpen will be getting arthoscopic surgery on their elbows by May 15th.

Seriously-one thing blew my mind last night-Mussina walked douchebag supeme/scab Kevin Millar twice. Kevin Millar, when not dripping with Christina Aguilera hair dye, today can barely get around on a ball off the tee, much less a pitched one. And we've seen that kind of nibbling stupidity around hitters who cannot hurt you way too often. Do the Yankees have meetings about hitters, or just what the eff do they do?

Say what you want... but the fact remains that the Sox will be lucky to finish better than they did last year... be ready for another 3rd place in the east... :)

Yup, keep pitching like that, and the Sox will win the AL East easily.

yeah, we suck right now, its horrible.

To be honest, your middle relief has been pretty good. Henn and Bruney are pitching pretty well. Unfortunately, the way the starters are going, they'll be cooked by May.

To be honest, your middle relief has been pretty good. Henn and Bruney are pitching pretty well. Unfortunately, the way the starters are going, they'll be cooked by May.

When Wang comes back and pettite and moose get going the yanks will be just fine.

How is Petitte going to 'get going' when he has to come in relief?

The entire staff in in shambles.

LOL. Could that be any more of a stupid statement? It was Pettitte's throw day and he threw 13 pitches.

Saying the "entire staff is in shambles" after 5 games in 30 degree weather couldn't be any more ridiculous. But thats what you have to expect from boston homers i guess.

LOL. Could that be any more of a stupid statement? It was Pettitte's throw day and he threw 13 pitches.

Saying the "entire staff is in shambles" after 5 games in 30 degree weather couldn't be any more ridiculous. But thats what you have to expect from boston homers i guess.

Would that be akin to someone gloating how much he predicted Schilling is finished after 1 start of the new season?

Would that be akin to someone gloating how much he predicted Schilling is finished after 1 start of the new season?

Or the outstanding depth the Yankees pitching staff has.

Schilling decline is clearly documented in a 3 year trend. I would never make a judgment based on one start.

:rolleyes:

I guess the ankle injury had nothing to do with his bad 2005 season?

:rolleyes:

I guess the ankle injury had nothing to do with his bad 2005 season?

It had something to do with it but his 2006 year when he was healthy continued that downward trend. He's not going to improve over that 06 season at 40 and out of shape.

Its amazing how the phrases 'Pot calling the kettle black' and 'Whats good for the goose is good for the gandor' dont seem to apply to some posters here. ;)

poster a: your team sucks cause they lost a few games already

poster b: your team sucks also cause they lost a few games already

poster a : how dare you say keep bashing my team. this is BS. Max, helppppp!!!!

It had something to do with it but his 2006 year when he was healthy continued that downward trend. He's not going to improve over that 06 season at 40 and out of shape.

Why?

Clemens did it.

Again, things are not black and white.

2006 was an improvement over 2005. For a player at Schilling's age, that is not exactly a foregone conclusion especially with a significant injury like he had.

Considering, he has never been in any real shape outside of a pear, his girth is normal. Schilling has always been about himself and his place in the game. He knows that if he plans on pitching in 2008 he needs to perform well. Schilling with a chip on his shoulder is a good thing. He will be at least as good as he was last season. With Dice-K mania going on, I would not be surprised if he is a little bit better. Think Schill likes losing the attention?

He is not as good as he was in 2001. He is still pretty good.

Baiting? I'm asking a serious question.

Fortunatly for the rest of the league the yanks are a bunch of choke artist pretty boys. They won't win another ring until the unload pay-rod and get back some guys with heart, that don't fold when the game is close (see any playoff game that pile has ever been in). October is the best time of year, watching every yankee's BA drop by 100 points (except jeter) and have their seemingly patented early exit.

I can't wait for this years sweep, should be comical.

Fortunatly for the rest of the league the yanks are a bunch of choke artist pretty boys. They won't win another ring until the unload pay-rod and get back some guys with heart, that don't fold when the game is close (see any playoff game that pile has ever been in). October is the best time of year, watching every yankee's BA drop by 100 points (except jeter) and have their seemingly patented early exit.

I can't wait for this years sweep, should be comical.

I think the Yanks will be in thick of race for divsion or WC all year..

I think the Yanks will be in thick of race for divsion or WC all year..

Of course they will, i would place money saying they win the east. Not too many teams can compete with an all star team throughout the year, but when it comes down to win or go home, i think the pin-striped-ninnies would prefer to go home and cruise around on their yachts.

Archived