yankee fans.

timbok

ok face the truth RIGHT NOW.. SHUT UP AND READ.

Yeah A-ROD has 14 homers who cares? nada.. are u winning NO! the diamondbacks are doing better! the d-rays are doing better then the yankees.. its a one-man team and U CAN NOT win a world series with a 1 man team..plus hes gone next year..so wut u gonna do?

it might be april..but the way things are going it looks bad

ok face the truth RIGHT NOW.. SHUT UP AND READ.

Yeah A-ROD has 14 homers who cares? nada.. are u winning NO! the diamondbacks are doing better! the d-rays are doing better then the yankees.. its a one-man team and U CAN NOT win a world series with a 1 man team..plus hes gone next year..so wut u gonna do?

it might be april..but the way things are going it looks bad

Yeah. I should just turn off the TV all together. I mean, the bats are doing their job, but if the pitching is down due to injuries, then what's the point? Arod is about to break the Major League record for home runs for the month of April. We don't need to see that. Wang comes back to pitch tonight, and the league's biggest pitching prospect in Hughes pitches Thursday. Someone tell me how these games go, as I won't be watching as per timbok's recommendation.

As a Yankee fan I feel evry good about this team, our bats battered their supposedly gerat rotation. Going into the seris I was hoping for a game, we should have won Fri nigth but they bet our best and I tip my cap but once the staff gets healthy we'll be in good shape. The key now is to stay as close to the top as possible, not to get into too big of a hole that we can't dig out of.

Do you have a short memory or something ?

Just go back two years ago. Remember how badly they were playing ?

The Yankees will be fine.

I don't have the exact numbers, but wasn't the record something like 11-18 in 2005, and they stil won 95 and the division. The key is to get a few starters that can get to the 7th consistently. Andy is one, and I think Wang will be another in a start or 2. Hopefully Moose comes back, and the rotation starts shaping out, even if Hughes is sent back down after a start or 2.

I don't have the exact numbers, but wasn't the record something like 11-18 in 2005, and they stil won 95 and the division. The key is to get a few starters that can get to the 7th consistently. Andy is one, and I think Wang will be another in a start or 2. Hopefully Moose comes back, and the rotation starts shaping out, even if Hughes is sent back down after a start or 2.

The Yankees at their low point that year were 11 and 19. The Yankees are going to score lots of runs- they need to get the starting pitching in order and not kill the bullpen. Wang being back is one starter that should help that cause.

Do you have a short memory or something ?

Just go back two years ago. Remember how badly they were playing ?

The Yankees will be fine.

Last year the Yanks struggled early as well and it seems every year Boston gets out to a nice early lead only to watch the Yanks come back and win the division.

They need to get the bullpen in order most important.

What I have seen so far has been nothing short of abysmal.

Give it time though. I always love the chicken littles who come out every April and May telling Yankee fans how they are done.

By July and August they will start with the payroll arguements when the Yanks take control of the East.

Last year the Yanks struggled early as well and it seems every year Boston gets out to a nice early lead only to watch the Yanks come back and win the division.

That cause we got bored winning it wire to wire, the fans were bored after may...now we at least make it interesting even thought the result are always the same, but now we get the added looks of agony as the division is torn from their grasp, they are so happy with winning three in april, we are more concerned with taking five in september. see ya in september

That cause we got bored winning it wire to wire, the fans were bored after may...now we at least make it interesting even thought the result are always the same, but now we get the added looks of agony as the division is torn from their grasp, they are so happy with winning three in april, we are more concerned with taking five in september. see ya in september

Ummmmm, I don't think that is how they are looking at it.

Uh okay. :rolleyes:

The Yankees are fine. Pitching will improve. The Offense is clicking right now and being lead by A-Rod. We are the highest scoring team in all of baseball. Once the pitching staff comes back(and it starts tonight) all will be right and Boston will go down like a hooker on dollar day

They need to get the bullpen in order most important.

What I have seen so far has been nothing short of abysmal.

Give it time though. I always love the chicken littles who come out every April and May telling Yankee fans how they are done.

By July and August they will start with the payroll arguements when the Yanks take control of the East.

That though is in no way enough with this group of talent and salaries.

If the Yanks get sent home in the divisional round again you can kiss Torre, ARod, Pavano and possibly Mo goodbye.

These moral victories that have been posted, " we hit Bostons' starters", "we're injured" don't cut it when your roster cost 195 million. Boston was overtook last season when they got a rash of injuries and no Sox fan mentioned it.

Torre has been awful and a case in point was last night when if he planned on having Damon take over in CF anyway, why wasn't Melky hit for with the bases loaded?

Giambi should have been ran for as well .

That though is in no way enough with this group of talent and salaries.

If the Yanks get sent home in the divisional round again you can kiss Torre, ARod, Pavano and possibly Mo goodbye.

These moral victories that have been posted, " we hit Bostons' starters", "we're injured" don't cut it when your roster cost 195 million. Boston was overtook last season when they got a rash of injuries and no Sox fan mentioned it.

Torre has been awful and a case in point was last night when if he planned on having Damon take over in CF anyway, why wasn't Melky hit for with the bases loaded?

Giambi should have been ran for as well .

I think there is alot of truth to what you are saying.

The problem though is that it is April. Not August. We are not even 20 games into the season.

As far as going out in the divisonal round this year.

Torre = gone

Pavano = gone (I would get rid of him today if I could)

Mo = Will never EVER be gone. The guy has had 2 bad games before and I'm sure if the Yanks did decide not sign him for 08 28 other teams would line up with wheel barrels full of cash to sign him.

ARod = Is going to be really interesting to see what happens. While he has had a historic April so far and is already well on his way to winning another MVP, I already think he is has his bags packed for the South side of Chicago.

My biggest issue is the bullpen. Mussina will be back, Wang will be back so the rotation doesn't bother me. The bullpen though has been nothin short of abysmal, starting with Vizcaino and ending with Mo.

The bullpen is going the determine the 07 Yanks. They will hit, and they will get starting pitching but will the bullpen hold up ?

These moral victories that have been posted, " we hit Bostons' starters", "we're injured" don't cut it when your roster cost 195 million.

They don't cut it, ever. Still, the injuries are real and only an idiot would suggest the Sox were going to hit Wang and Mussina like they hit two minor-leaguers.

If, as you suggest, money should be a guarantee of success, Dicey Matsusaka should have thrown a perfect game at the Yanks.

They don't cut it, ever. Still, the injuries are real and only an idiot would suggest the Sox were going to hit Wang and Mussina like they hit two minor-leaguers.

If, as you suggest, money should be a guarantee of success, Dicey Matsusaka should have thrown a perfect game at the Yanks.

You're right Bob that cash doesn't guarantee success but it should guarantee that the roster has at least one Major League viable starter to step in at a time like this.

I'd also want a long man in the pen for nights like last as opposed to using the number of relievers Joe did. Yanks need to have a Sele ,Darren Oliver or Aaron Small type on the roster.

You're right Bob that cash doesn't guarantee success but it should guarantee that the roster has at least one Major League viable starter to step in at a time like this.

I'd also want a long man in the pen for nights like last as opposed to using the number of relievers Joe did. Yanks need to have a Sele ,Darren Oliver or Aaron Small type on the roster.

There is no team that could handle the level of injuries to starters the yankees have had right now this early in the season. None. Rasner has pitched well and the other guys who made up the depth are either hurt or don't have enough AAA innings under their belt at this early time of the season.

There is no team that could handle the level of injuries to starters the yankees have had right now this early in the season. None. Rasner has pitched well and the other guys who made up the depth are either hurt or don't have enough AAA innings under their belt at this early time of the season.

I don't know didn't the Mets play most of Sept and October in that situation last year?

Yes Rasner has done a nice job yet Joe/Cash sent him down?

I don't know didn't the Mets play most of Sept and October in that situation last year?

Yes Rasner has done a nice job yet Joe/Cash sent him down?

The mets had their no 1, no 3 and no 4 starter all out at the same time? And when the mets had those injuries it was LATER in the season when guys like Maine had AAA innings under their belt so they could come up. Guys like Clippard Ohlendorf and White just aren't ready to come up in april.

There is no crying in baseball.

Baseball teams are judged on their organizational strength. Injuries happen in baseball.

Teams know they have to have depth in their organizations. The Yankees have more wherewithall than other organizations to cover their tail in case of circumstance.

If they failed to do that, they are the only ones to blame.

The "Yankees' are not only the big club, they are the organization.

If the Yankees are failing because of injuries, the organization is bad.

There is no crying in baseball.

Baseball teams are judged on their organizational strength. Injuries happen in baseball.

Teams know they have to have depth in their organizations. The Yankees have more wherewithall than other organizations to cover their tail in case of circumstance.

If they failed to do that, they are the only ones to blame.

The "Yankees' are not only the big club, they are the organization.

If the Yankees are failing because of injuries, the organization is bad.

It's not crying it's the truth. There is no team in position to deal with 3 starters being on the DL in april. The yankees are the no 1 farm system in the majors when it comes to pitching for a reason.

The mets had their no 1, no 3 and no 4 starter all out at the same time? And when the mets had those injuries it was LATER in the season when guys like Maine had AAA innings under their belt so they could come up. Guys like Clippard Ohlendorf and White just aren't ready to come up in april.

Pedro, Duke, and Glavine. Remember we went with Dave Williams, Oliver Perez and Maine as our 3 thru 5 starters as well. None were in our pre-season plans.

Pedro, Duke, and Glavine. Remember we went with Dave Williams, Oliver Perez and Maine as our 3 thru 5 starters as well. None were in our pre-season plans.
That was in SEPTEMBER. Huge difference. Plus they had a big lead in the division and could cruse to the playoffs. Those pitchers going down in april is a completely different animal.

It's not crying it's the truth. There is no team in position to deal with 3 starters being on the DL in april.

To include Pavano as a starter being out is somewhat of a stretch.

How many games did he start for the Yankees in 2006?

He truly, as of spring training and in any yankees mind, not being counted on for 2007. How could you?

They have had Wang out and Mussina for a relatively short stint.

The Yankees have more problems than injured starters.

To include Pavano as a starter being out is somewhat of a stretch.

How many games did he start for the Yankees in 2006?

He truly, as of spring training and in any yankees mind, not being counted on for 2007. How could you?

They have had Wang out and Mussina for a relatively short stint.

The Yankees have more problems than injured starters.

Pavano was 100% healthy to start the season so there was no reason to think that he would pitch this year. He's on the DL now with a completely different injury than last year. The bullpen issues are a product of the injured starters because they have to pitch 6 innings every night. Once the pitchers come back the yankees will be fine.

That was in SEPTEMBER. Huge difference. Plus they had a big lead in the division and could cruse to the playoffs. Those pitchers going down in april is a completely different animal.

Actually Mike we pitched those guys in the PLAY-OFFS.....lil more important than your April crying dontcha think?

Pavano was 100% healthy to start the season so there was no reason to think that he would pitch this year. He's on the DL now with a completely different injury than last year. The bullpen issues are a product of the injured starters because they have to pitch 6 innings every night. Once the pitchers come back the yankees will be fine.

You pencilled in Pavano for 30 starts?

You would be one of few

They lost 50% of their playoff starting staff.

No one here cried about it.

Again you completely ignore the true point. They lost those pitchers LATER in the season after they had basically cllinched. Thats COMPLETELY different from losing those guys right at the beginning of the season.

Again you completely ignore the true point. They lost those pitchers LATER in the season after they had basically cllinched. Thats COMPLETELY different from losing those guys right at the beginning of the season.

Did they pitch in the playoffs?

Wouldn't you consider that somewhat important?

This is NOT ABOUT the playoffs. It's about the fact that the yankees would've had many more options if they lost pitchers in September than April.

Convenience of timing is not a baseball excuse.

I would say the Mets were pretty strapped to fill out a baseball rotation for the playoffs. They lost El Duque IMMEDIATELY before the playoffs.

Either you are a good organization and an fill in for injuries, or you arent.

You are making the statement the Yankees are not right now. Whther they can later, is debateable and not conclusive.

Convenience of timing is not a baseball excuse.

I would say the Mets were pretty strapped to fill out a baseball rotation for the playoffs. They lost El Duque IMMEDIATELY before the playoffs.

Either you are a good organization and an fill in for injuries, or you arent.

You are making the statement the Yankees are not right now. Whther they can later, is debateable and not conclusive.

This (like most of your arguments) is going in circles. I'm not making excuses at all. I'm TELLING YOU why the yankees injuries are hurting them and why the fact that they happened this early in the season is a big deal and you just want to be argumentative as usual.

Archived