Foods You Hated as a Child...

Sir Speez

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Onions (I can tolerate them now if they're diced small and thrown in something, I enjoy things flavored with them (ex. steak))

Jelly (Still don't eat it but if someone gives me a PB&J I won't turn it down)

All seafood (Still won't touch any of it, nothing, not even tuna fish, how people eat shrimp is beyond me)

Chunky tomato sauce (I've gotten over this, although I still ate Puree for a long time)

Bologna (Still hate it)

Mayo & Mustard (Still hate both)

I'm a picky eater. Although I don't feel too bad about it because my dad's side has a weight problem and I feel that not eating stuff like mayo along with other things has kind of kept me in check.

Onions (I can tolerate them now if they're diced small and thrown in something, I enjoy things flavored with them (ex. steak))

Jelly (Still don't eat it but if someone gives me a PB&J I won't turn it down)

All seafood (Still won't touch any of it, nothing, not even tuna fish, how people eat shrimp is beyond me)

Chunky tomato sauce (I've gotten over this, although I still ate Puree for a long time)

Bologna (Still hate it)

Mayo & Mustard (Still hate both)

I'm a picky eater. Although I don't feel too bad about it because my dad's side has a weight problem and I feel that not eating stuff like mayo along with other things has kind of kept me in check.

:confused0061::confused0006:

What do you like to eat is probably a better question for you. :lol:

damn how could i have forgotten lima beans ...really i hated most types of beans and MUSHROOMS i have been trying to incorporate them into my diet but it hasnt been going to well lol...oh and by the way i said i hated it but i ate it and did appreciate it...i knew that there were a lot of other kids out in the world that would have love to be eating what was on my plate, the problem was i didnt know where i could find any of them and i had to eat it thru the tears lol

side note i always liked beets dont know why maybe to color lol

OMG where to start... off the top of my head I'd say...

• stuffed cabbage (what kid can stomach that?)
  • tuna casserole (tuna should NEVER be cooked!)
  • lima beans (southern grandma, it was her fav)
  • all veggies (because they were cooked until mushy)

My dad was super strict... if I couldn't finish my meal with the family, I'd be left at the table alone until everything was gone. After a half hour or so my mom would come in and throw it out and we'd lie to my dad! ha ha.

After a half hour or so my mom would come in and throw it out and we'd lie to my dad! ha ha.

Damn, you were lucky. I would wake up the next morning and it would be sitting on the table again for breakfast.

Damn, you were lucky. I would wake up the next morning and it would be sitting on the table again for breakfast.

That's the story my dad always told us. He was a child in Germany during the war... they had very little food...milk, bread, maybe some eggs. So, if he snubbed his nose at it for dinner, it was waiting for him at breakfast and so on.

Now, as an adult I can totally understand and appreciate that. But when you are five years old and food is abundant... how in the world can you comprehend not having food available? There's got to be a middle ground. I sure wasn't a picky eater mostly... but cabbage? Barf!

not really foods but I've also hated mustard and mayo.

I despise mayonnaise in every sense possible. I got food poisoning from some about 14 years ago..to this day I will not eat it, cannot stand the sight or even the mention of it. The stuff freaks me out.

My mom made scrambled eggs for me once....she swore to god I asked for them and liked them. As a kid...I hated eggs...she must have been menstrual or somehting....long story shot she opened the kitchen window and threw the entire play out the window on to the the roof of the garage....that plate sat there for a good 8 months.

I despise mayonnaise in every sense possible. I got food poisoning from some about 14 years ago..to this day I will not eat it, cannot stand the sight or even the mention of it. The stuff freaks me out.

Mayo rules! C'mon.

But I'll admit I refuse to eat anything with mayo outside of the house... like I'll never get tuna fish, chicken salad, egg salad, etc. at a deli or restaurant. Who the hell knows how long it was sitting around. Ugh.

Liver-still find it disgusting. Foi grois, chicken liver and caviar too.

Salmon-too bony, doesn't taste good. Lox is gross too. And I love almost any other seafood.

Spinach-Any food can be made tasty, if you add enough butter, heavy cream and bacon-except liver, foi grois, caviar and salmon.

Cabbage-still don't love it, but found a way to cook it in butter rather than boiling it to death that makes it okay.

I tore cartilage in my knee when I was 18,it was my left knee and my car at the time had a clutch,I was trapped,and I am of the Jewish faith and it was passover.:confused0061:

I was trapped at home with food I didn't like..no offense,I like chicken soup and matzoh brai..but you can only eat so much..anyway,I sent my old man out on a secret mission to get me chinese food,my mother would have gone ballistic had she known of our covert plan. He picked me up chinese food and knocked on the window of my room from outside and delivered the goods through the window..mission accomplished.

Mayo rules! C'mon.

But I'll admit I refuse to eat anything with mayo outside of the house... like I'll never get tuna fish, chicken salad, egg salad, etc. at a deli or restaurant. Who the hell knows how long it was sitting around. Ugh.

I just had sex with an egg salad sandwich so ...I understand where you're coming from.

Spend 14 hours in an emergency room puking your guts out and having IV's and such hooked up to you. :(

You're lucky,a guy I know got salmonella,he was doing that from both ends for 2 weeks.

Brussel sprouts are probably the most sickening food ever created

OMG, yeah I used to think so too. But, I have a great recipe... you need to roast them in the oven with olive oil, fresh crushed garlic and bacon... get all the moisture out of them and the flavor comes out ... very tastey... you'd change your mind. I did.

:animal0026:

Truth. I don't even bother trying to eat things like spinach, broccoli, or brussel sprouts. I know I wouldn't like them so why bother.

Broccoli and Spinach are delicious. I got so used to eating broccoli in chinese beef and broccoli dishes, that no matter what I dump soy sauce over it. Cheese and broccoli is great too.

Archived