Sox

nj meadowlands

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know youre not talking sh*t...I just know youre not...not with youre team being under .500 in June.

Its a long season with some bumps in the road. Losing streaks are bound to happen. Yes, the lack of offense is frustrating. Yes, a few losses in a row quickly brings back all those years of a hot start followed by a steady slip into mediocrity.

BUT, most of the "little guys" are doing their thing, there are as many overachievers and under, and if we are so sure Papi and Manny will come around why not a little faith in JD and the other big bats? This is a great team which, while not perfect, will overcome this setback.

Make no mistake, we would be dominant without Lugo killing us in the leadoff and with Wakefield in the pen. Oh, and something REALLY must be done about Coco Crisp, he is worse than Edgar, and I once had depraved thoughts of literally taking Edgar out at one point.

I encourage all of you Yankee honks (still behind us in double digits) to consider the following: With so many of your players in SERIOUS DECLINE, it is highly unlikely they will revert back to their projected form. Abreu, Damon, Melky, Cano, Mussina, Rivera, Vizcaino, and probably Proctor have not and will not live up to expectations. Giambi*, Hughes, and Pavano are all done for the year...all were to be integral this year.

The guys who have played above expectations so far are guys who are merely hot rather than in the midst of a break out. Posada (Dink hit fest that he's having) and ARod, almost assuredly, have not established new levels of performance. To project forward toward the rest of the season, we need to be more sensitive on a case by case basis to real breakout seasons and real high levels of attrition. In oher words, settle down Yankee honks.

Curt perfect through 8. Only Automatic-Out Lugo has cost him an official perfect game...

but on this day...John Wayne Reincarnate, CURTIS MONTAGUE SCHILLING has thrown a no-no through 8 innings.

I'm calling the shot:

he's going to throw a no-hitter today and you undeserving rubes will be treated to history! Too bad the A's s*ck and have no popularity and this game isnt televised nationally!!!

BTW...has Rogah ever thrown a no-no???

Edit: 1 down!!!

Re- Edit: 2 down, sit the F*ck down Kendall!!!

Re-re Edit: F**K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! throw the damn ball to 1st base in a pickoff attempt and drill Stewart in the face!

Curt perfect through 8. Only Automatic-Out Lugo has cost him an official perfect game...

but on this day...John Wayne Reincarnate, CURTIS MONTAGUE SCHILLING has thrown a no-no through 8 innings.

I'm calling the shot:

he's going to throw a no-hitter today and you undeserving rubes will be treated to history! Too bad the A's s*ck and have no popularity and this game isnt televised nationally!!!

Re-re Edit: F**K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! throw the damn ball to 1st base in a pickoff attempt and drill Stewart in the face!

Just so I'm not remiss....

POTW nom.

Well, I thought it was damn funny that ESPNRadio cut to the last out of the game and on the first pitch he gives up a hit. I clapped loudly in my car drving down the highway.

I was watching the 9th inning on ESPN and was thinking how hilarious it would be if the A's made the first 2 outs and then got a hit. When Stewart got that hit I was lmao.

OH, HOW THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN...

Its really kinda sad what the Yankee fans have been reduced to when you think about it.

-fourth place

-double digits # of games out

-$200 million+

-Rogah!?!?!?!?

-cheering for Red Sox pitchers not to make history???

I remember, late September 2001, I was hooking up with a nasty girl in her car in Paradise City parking lot in NoHo, listening to the radio broadcast of the Sox-Yankees game, Mike Mussina throwing a perfect game with 2 outs and 2 strikes in the 9th, Carl Everett breaking it up, and me cheering wildly like a retard, all the while feeling ashamed of what my life as a sports fan had become.

At least I can say "that was then" Yankee fans!!!

Its really kinda sad what the Yankee fans have been reduced to when you think about it.

-fourth place

-$200 million+

-Rogah!?!?!?!?

I remember, late September 2001, I was hooking up with a nasty girl in her car in Paradise City parking lot in NoHo, listening to the radio broadcast of the Sox-Yankees game, Mike Mussina throwing a perfect game with 2 outs and 2 strikes in the 9th, Carl Everett breaking it up, and me cheering wildly like a retard, all the while feeling ashamed of what my life as a sports fan had become.

You making fun of us just makes me enjoy Shannon Stewart's hit even more.

I'm calling the shot:

Amazing. Your prediction fails, like almost all the others. But this time, just 7-8 minutes later.

Amazing.;)

I really am glad you are back JBF.

Your self imposed "exile" really had me worried that the Yanks might actaully not make the playoffs.

Now that you are back and and are already 0-2 in predictions this week, I feel alot better and alot more secure in knowing that if he you are still here in August and September that come October there will be another Yankee post season and another Red Sox collpase and Smizzy will be throwing another Red Sox Elimination party.

Just keep posting and keep throwing trashing the Yanks.

I'm calling the shot:

Bwa-hahahahhahhahaahahahahahahhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahah

ahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahha

-fourth place

-$200 million+

-Rogah!?!?!?!?

Didn't Paradise City burn down before 2001? That was Carl Everett's greatest moment as a Red Sox. I was at the Old Amherst Alehouse myself. Good times.

Way to jinx your boy, JBF! Funny stuff.....and you go blaming it on Lugo when clearly Schilling's ego let him down. He shakes off 'Teck's call for a slider - and boom!....the no hitter goes bye-bye.

Yankees are on a roll as of late (granted, againts the WS), Epstein's

ineptness is showing - Lugo? Drew? Why? Larry Lucchino has accumulated more enemies - and I didn't think there was anyone left, Henry's hedge funds are sinking faster Lugo batting average, and the native's (RSN) are getting restless - old habits die hard. You really think RSN is confident? They're feeling a bit anxious. I hear it. I see it. I love it! :)

Archived