Chad is a winner, now kneel before him!

Barton

Barton, get a life and please stop obsessing over Chad and his 'weaknesses'!

There are other players on the Jets roster and Chad is far from the worst.He is our starter whether you like it or not. Until Clemens is named the starter then frickin live with it!!!

I know, i can't handle this anymore, everyday the noodle army comes out to b!tch and moan. cheer for a new team already. I am officially going to figure out the ignore button.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
first%20heli%20start%20ws.JPG

Here's a pic of me supping up an old toy helicopter I just found in my attic. GET READY, CHAD! I'm gonna take you down come training camp! MUAHAAHEEHAHHAAA!!

seriously What the Hell is wrong with you.

Why cant you just wish our starting QB well and hope that he leads us to the best season possible.

bad news guys. I dont have enough money in my piggy bank to get myself to training camp. So I wont be able to fly the special toy helicopter (which I've been supping up for a few hours now) into chads shoulder. Too bad.

But I've decided to get into ROCKETS!!!!! I believe I can send one all the way from down here in south florida and nail Chad at training camp with pinpoint accuracy directly into his right shoulder! All is not lost, there is always a plan b remember that!

now, what was the name of ecurbs website? countdown hobbies? I need to buy a few starter kits!

bad news guys. I dont have enough money in my piggy bank to get myself to training camp. So I wont be able to fly the special toy helicopter (which I've been supping up for a few hours now) into chads shoulder. Too bad.

But I've decided to get into ROCKETS!!!!! I believe I can send one all the way from down here in south florida and nail Chad at training camp with pinpoint accuracy directly into his right shoulder! All is not lost, there is always a plan b remember that!

now, what was the name of ecurbs website? countdown hobbies? I need to buy a few starter kits!

Does HS graduate before TC starts?

I would think we all would not wish a player to get injured- what we all want is the Jets to win a championship-that at least we can agree on.

See faba, THAT is really my question. I am not saying barton is wishing injuries on players, what i am asking all the people who are getting really vocal about being anti chad, as the season approaches and he is our qb, do you get behind him and hope for a great year, or do you hope he is exposed as a fraud and pulled mid season-crushing our superbowl hopes. I wonder if your opinions get in the way of hoping for the best this season. Obviuosly i don't mean you faba, i mean the people who are decidedly very anti Chad Penn.

See faba, THAT is really my question. I am not saying barton is wishing injuries on players, what i am asking all the people who are getting really vocal about being anti chad, as the season approaches and he is our qb, do you get behind him and hope for a great year, or do you hope he is exposed as a fraud and pulled mid season-crushing our superbowl hopes. I wonder if your opinions get in the way of hoping for the best this season. Obviuosly i don't mean you faba, i mean the people who are decidedly very anti Chad Penn.

You have to root for him if he is our starter-can he bring us a championship-personally I doubt it but who would have thought Trent Dilfer could.

You have to root for him if he is our starter-can he bring us a championship-personally I doubt it but who would have thought Trent Dilfer could.

Exactly! That is what i think about him after last season with regard to the Dilfer comment. Hey, that is a pretty good sig......

Chad, he's no worse than Dilfer

What the **** has Clemens done that makes you think we would win an SB with him? It's one thing to mention guys like Brady and Manning, or elite QBs like McNabb, Palmer etc. that have the talent and ability to theoretically do that, but Clemens has nothing to his name. QB is a hard position to play, there aren't many QBs that can elevate their team's play. Chad isn't one of those guys, but either is freaking two thirds of the league. At least Chad is clearly better than the bottom half of the QBs in this league.

What the **** has Clemens done that makes you think we would win an SB with him? It's one thing to mention guys like Brady and Manning, or elite QBs like McNabb, Palmer etc. that have the talent and ability to theoretically do that, but Clemens has nothing to his name. QB is a hard position to play, there aren't many QBs that can elevate their team's play. Chad isn't one of those guys, but either is freaking two thirds of the league. At least Chad is clearly better than the bottom half of the QBs in this league.

I didnt say Clemens will win a SB, but its a step in the right direction towards a superbowl if we put him in. If he busts - he busts, then we find another QB. But Chad is not the guy, so getting rid of him and putting in the kid we traded up for in the 2nd rd - a step forward towards a superbowl even if he busts.

My agenda is getting the Jets to the superbowl. Chad is currently a roadblock on that highway. He needs to go.

And I didnt wish any harm on him, lighten up.

I have to lighten up!! I'll save myself some key strokes and just refer you to

MasonJets post earlier in this thread.

Funny thing is most JETS players and coaches agree that Chad does elevate the rest of the team's play... he might not be able to carry the team on his shoulders but he is a damn good leader that can get the most out of them.

Funny thing is most JETS players and coaches agree that Chad does elevate the rest of the team's play... he might not be able to carry the team on his shoulders but he is a damn good leader that can get the most out of them.

Like 3 points on offense vs the steelers in the 2004 playoffs? Yeah, he got the most out of them! And he really showed his leadership skills by yukking it up with ben roethlisberger on the field right after the game ended. :bag:

When a QB isnt good enough, bring up his intangibles to make him sound better.

Like 3 points on offense vs the steelers in the 2004 playoffs? Yeah, he got the most out of them! And he really showed his leadership skills by yukking it up with ben roethlisberger on the field right after the game ended. :bag:

When a QB isnt good enough, bring up his intangibles to make him sound better.

One game against one of the top defenses of our generation... :roll:

He also got them in winning field goal position more than once...

One game against one of the top defenses of our generation... :roll:

He also got them in winning field goal position more than once...

One of the top defenses of our generation that Tom Brady picked apart and defeated a week later? LMAO

David Barrett got them into winning field position the 2nd time. Not Chad.

One of the top defenses of our generation that Tom Brady picked apart and defeated a week later? LMAO

David Barrett got them into winning field position the 2nd time. Not Chad.

Tom Brady... one of the Best QB's ever... did well against one of the best D's ever...

go figure... :roll:

So now you want to compare Chad to Brady??? I would sure as ****ing hell hope Brady did better than Chad...

BTW - Chad wore them down for Brady ;)

You don't KNOW what Kellen Clemens is gonna do, and there isn't an abundancy of GREAT QB's Barton, we aren't gonna go find the next Tom Brady that is an insane way to think. Mangini is the COACH of the team for a reason, and he picked Chad because no one else was good enough to start. So end your crying and hope for the best.

Holy Cr*p, I think I need to eat a bowl of ridiculous pills to even respond to this.

Why in the world would anyone want to put in an unproven? It's just mindless to entertain. Throw in Clemens if the season is truly lost on paper, I'm even re-thinking that position if Chad is strong and is HIMSELF doing well. In that event, I wouldn't yank him even then, especially if it means being the spoiler for another team with 2 games left, let's say. Why not rain on someone else's parade? Not that Clemens can't, but I'd rather see a QB that's lead the team all season long give us a better chance of knocking someone out if the game is meaningful to the other side - or to a rival.

The only 'expectations' I have for '07 is that we compete like hell every week and see what we've got. If we go 8-8, 9-7 (very possible), I doubt it will be the 'disaster' some fans would like to paint it. This is what rebuilding means. And Rome wasn't built in day. Patience for the right reasons, I'm perfectly willing to give that. And I've already been waiting a long, long, LONG time. Probably longer than some of you have been alive.

If the season goes better than I'm thinking, well, great then, but if you take a turn at 90 miles around a hairpin turn, you may wreck instead of getting there faster.

Holy Cr*p, I think I need to eat a bowl of ridiculous pills to even respond to this.

Why in the world would anyone want to put in an unproven? It's just mindless to entertain. Throw in Clemens if the season is truly lost on paper, I'm even re-thinking that position if Chad is strong and is HIMSELF doing well. In that event, I wouldn't yank him even then, especially if it means being the spoiler for another team with 2 games left, let's say. Why not rain on someone else's parade? Not that Clemens can't, but I'd rather see a QB that's lead the team all season long give us a better chance of knocking someone out if the game is meaningful to the other side - or to a rival.

The only 'expectations' I have for '07 is that we compete like hell every week and see what we've got. If we go 8-8, 9-7 (very possible), I doubt it will be the 'disaster' some fans would like to paint it. This is what rebuilding means. And Rome wasn't built in day. Patience for the right reasons, I'm perfectly willing to give that. And I've already been waiting a long, long, LONG time. Probably longer than some of you have been alive.

If the season goes better than I'm thinking, well, great then, but if you take a turn at 90 miles around a hairpin turn, you may wreck instead of getting there faster.

JP- normally you scare me a lot. But this gets a POTW nom. Well said.

Barton you're just embarassing yourself. Quit it.

BTW this is the same guy who was saying he hoped the Jets lost a lot of games this year just so Pennington wouldn't start anymore. When your hate for a player on your own favorite team is that strong, that is just pathetic.

For all the chad haters and Clemens lovers out there, most OTA/Mini camp reports say if the season were to start tomorrow, Clemens would be the 3rd QB behind Tuiasosopo and Pennington. While I am not a Pennington lover myself and I do think someone with a stronger arm will be a help, I'm a believer that the best player should play...And, according to numerous reports from Jets Minicamp and OTA sessions, Clemens has a long way to go before he can beat out Chad for the #1 QB spot.

Barton you're just embarassing yourself. Quit it.

BTW this is the same guy who was saying he hoped the Jets lost a lot of games this year just so Pennington wouldn't start anymore. When your hate for a player on your own favorite team is that strong, that is just pathetic.

The ignore button is just a few clicks away. You have to realize he will start 20 more threads, and then copy and paste these old threads in there. Of course he'll hope the jets lose until KC is in, and then he'll be on to the next QB if he flounders. Either way, redundancy is not my strong suit, so until september, ignore it is.

Must be time for the monthly Chad vs Kellen debate.

Let me know if you guys come up with ANYTHING new.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mangini said the other day that Chad has not only gotten stronger in the weight room but is also learning all of the fine details of the new system... in theory that should make him a better QB in 07'

Reports are that Clemens cant win the 2nd spot again and has not been throwing well.

Thats as new as it gets.

Mangini said the other day that Chad has not only gotten stronger in the weight room but is also learning all of the fine details of the new system... in theory that should make him a better QB in 07'

Reports are that Clemens cant win the 2nd spot again and has not been throwing well.

Thats as new as it gets.

Theory schmeary....

Show me on the fileld.

I didnt say Clemens will win a SB, but its a step in the right direction towards a superbowl if we put him in. If he busts - he busts, then we find another QB. But Chad is not the guy, so getting rid of him and putting in the kid we traded up for in the 2nd rd - a step forward towards a superbowl even if he busts.

So let me get this straight, let's take out the guy who got us to the playoffs we had no business being in with the first year coachs, rookies, and systems and no running game at all and is totally healthy, and replace him with a total rookie who has never played a reguar season game, and if he busts he busts? And THAT is a step in the right direction?

Archived