Texeira trade possibility news.

GimmeShelter

From Rotoworld and FoxSports

According to FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal, the Rangers are assuming the Yankees will make a run at Mark Teixeira and are taking a close look at the team's prospects.

The Yankees recently had scouts watching the Rangers, probably because they wanted to see Eric Gagne. The Bombers don't need Teixeira's bat enough to surrender Phil Hughes for him, especially if Todd Helton, who would come quite a bit cheaper in terms of talent, is interested in waiving his no-trade clause. Whether Teixeira could be had for less will depend on how many other teams are in on him and how much the Rangers think they need to change things up.

Teixeira for Melky Cabrera, either Ian Kennedy or Joba Chamberlain and a lesser pitching prospect might be a reasonable compromise.

Source: FOXSports.com

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what the yankees need is a david ortiz-esque big, jallopy fat dude, that'll blast a home-run at any moment. like a prince fielder, a 6'5" 270 pound giant..

That's exactly what we DON'T need. We already have a proverbial giant in Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez who can blast a home run every time he steps up to the plate. The last thing we need is a Giambiesque slugger to clog up the basepaths again.

We definitetly do need a 1st baseman who can hit and field. Cairo isnt bad, but he's not really any good either. Solid bench guy. If we trade Melky, he'll need to be replaced because Damon cant play CF every day.

I wouldnt give in to Texas about Teixeira even though he's a great player. I'd consider trading Melky and Clippard + something else for him, but I wouldnt feel we need Texeira because we simply do not.

Oh and if we make the playoffs, Wil Nieves cannot be catching and in the lineup. Sorry, he just cant hit and we dont need a f'n automatic out at any spot in the lineup. Did Posada not catch Moose to a 3.5 era last year? Give me a break with this stuff, get a better backup catcher or let Posada catch Moose, simple as that.

So you'd like to see the Yankees aquire him? But then you'll complain.

No I wouldn't but thinking Melky and Clippard gets him is insane IMO.

I also think with the pending Posada, MO and ARod negotiations that the payroll would have to skyrocket to also sign Tex.

Way to keep it strictly baseball.

Congratulations on bringing absolutely nada to the table besides your elitist condescending tone. But what else is new?

Try posting something with substance regarding baseball without coming off as an elitist prick. Its tired.

Getting Teixeira would be great and would make the Yankees lineup even better. We need a real first baseman who can hit for power. There is no way I would give up Hughes for him but he's worth giving up some other top prospects, especially if we can end up signing him.

If thats the case Id pull the trigger too. I doubt Texas goes for it though.

Yeah I think they may have been more interested in Gagne but Tex in pinstripes would be a great addittion. He'd murder the short porch, is a switch hitter and I think on a winning team would return to monster form at the plate. Before this injury he was also a never miss a game guy.

This next month will be interesting.

Matt39-If there is some subject that you would like to debate me on, name it. We can go at it. I am sure Max would give us the venue.

I will just ask that you refrain from the name calling and grandstanding.

If you are unable to do either of those, I suggest you either put me on ignore or don't read my posts if you can't subjegate yourself to an oinion that is different than yours.

Matt39-If there is some subject that you would like to debate me on, name it. We can go at it. I am sure Max would give us the venue.

If you are unable to do either of those, I suggest you either put me on ignore or don't read my posts if you can't subjegate yourself to an oinion that is different than yours.

That's great pal.

I wouldnt bend over backwards for Mark Teixeira. He's a really good player, pretty streaky though, he'll cost alot of talent in a trade, plus there's no guarantee he's nothing more than a year and 1/2 rental.

I dont see the red sox going after him with Youks and Ortiz, unless they trade Lowell and move Youks back to 3rd. Maybe the Angels, but they do have Kotchman. So who else really? Detroit, maybe but I havent heard their names tossed in the ring.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings

Look at the contenders for the playoffs. I dont see many suitors for Teixeira other than Yankees and Tigers. Almost every team already has a good 1st baseman.

Speking as a non-yankee fan here, so excuse me, but I would lokk to be going after as much middle inning relief as I could get.

The supposition is that teh Yankees will not be cruising to a playoff spot and resting players, which means the likes of Clemens, Mussina, Pettite are not going deep in playoff games, where every flaw gets multiplied.

Middle Relkief, and I know it has done better lately is key for them.

I wouldnt bend over backwards for Mark Teixeira. He's a really good player, pretty streaky though, he'll cost alot of talent in a trade, plus there's no guarantee he's nothing more than a year and 1/2 rental.

I dont see the red sox going after him with Youks and Ortiz, unless they trade Lowell and move Youks back to 3rd. Maybe the Angels, but they do have Kotchman. So who else really? Detroit, maybe but I havent heard their names tossed in the ring.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings

Look at the contenders for the playoffs. I dont see many suitors for Teixeira other than Yankees and Tigers. Almost every team already has a good 1st baseman.

Dodgers could sure use him.

. He'd murder the short porch,

Thing is that scares me though. I've seen to many hitters at the Stadium fall in love with that porch and have bad results. The short porch didnt help Giambi, it turned him into a completely one dimensional hitter.

Thing is that scares me though. I've seen to many hitters at the Stadium fall in love with that porch and have bad results. The short porch didnt help Giambi, it turned him into a completely one dimensional hitter.

That was my theory on it too, and I think it definitetly holds some weight. But I think injurys to his knees really screwed him up. He did have a really good 1st year as a Yankee hitting .333 at Yankee Stadium.

Are they gonna have the same dimensions in the new stadium as they do now?

He'd give you the venue as long as you perform verbal fellatio on any and all Yankees past and present. If you dare imply that the Yankees will not win the World Series, your posts will be deleted & you will receive warnings of banishment.

He'd give you the venue as long as you perform verbal fellatio on any and all Yankees past and present. If you dare imply that the Yankees will not win the World Series, your posts will be deleted & you will receive warnings of banishment.

It is pretty ****ty of you to attack the site owner..You know, the one who has never banned you for attacking him and other posters.;)

It is pretty ****ty of you to attack the site owner..You know, the one who has never banned you for attacking him and other posters.;)

MY GOODNESS!!! You need to chill. Its not an "attack." Im obviously joking...Max even jokes about himself in that regard. He's a big boy...he can handle it.

In all seriousness...tell me that I am wrong:

The mood around here is downright ominous...Yankee fans are on edge and ready to eat their young. The Yankees have been distantly in 2nd place (or lower) for waaaay too long. The hated Red Sox are waaay up and are not looking back. Nobody can take a joke! Posts are getting deleted at a rapid pace! Bannings are so frequent you need a ticker along the bottom of the screen just to keep up! Yankee fan-on-Yankee fan crime is at an all time high...and still, no Ham in sight!

Barton weaseled his way back in here, and nobody said a word!!!

Its scary and u know it

MY GOODNESS!!! You need to chill. Its not an "attack." Im obviously joking...Max even jokes about himself in that regard. He's a big boy...he can handle it.

In all seriousness...tell me that I am wrong:

The mood around here is downright ominous...Yankee fans are on edge and ready to eat their young. The Yankees have been distantly in 2nd place (or lower) for waaaay too long. The hated Red Sox are waaay up and are not looking back. Nobody can take a joke! Posts are getting deleted at a rapid pace! Bannings are so frequent you need a ticker along the bottom of the screen just to keep up! Yankee fan-on-Yankee fan crime is at an all time high...and still, no Ham in sight!

Barton weaseled his way back in here, and nobody said a word!!!

Its scary and u know it

:yawn:

So one dimensional that he had 4 GREAT seasons as a yankee lol.

I would trade Melky and Kennedy for him. Chamberlain should be untouchable.

That won't do it. The Rangers have made so many bad and dumb trades that they won't go for that. They will want a no brainer-Hughes, Chamberlain or Tabata. ANd none of those guys are going any where.

In all seriousness...tell me that I am wrong

You're wrong. You're always wrong. It's usually because you're lying and you know it, just to be an ass. Sometimes, I suspect your being wrong actually stems from your delusions, but it's mostly calculated.

I'd do Melky and Tabata...

Melky? Sure.

Tabata is too much of a talent in a farm system that has few projected postion players.That's how you ened up making 1980s-type Willie Mcgee/Fred McGriff/Jay Buhner-type deals.

Archived