Your favorite Enforcer

Mavrik

This is to carry over a lil from the Messier thread, my two favorite enforcers were always Bob Probert and Darren McCarty. Probie in his day was absolutely fearsome, McCarty's never been the biggest guy, but won't back down to anyone. Watching him get revenge on Claude Lemieux had to be one of the best moments in Wing history.

probertvscairns.jpg

aw97march_turtle.jpg

Eric Cairns. I used to watch him when he was with the AHL's Binghamton Rangers.

Besides, he kicked Probert's ass.

probertvscairns.jpg

Tie Domi was another Binghamton Ranger. I liked him, too.

Unfortunately, the Rangers got stolen from Binghamton and moved to Hartford, CT. They brought in a UHL team for a couple of years and it sucked. Now, they have the AHL Senators, but I just never warmed up to them.

More than you wanted to know, right?

Just want to go on record as saying that this forum was dead without me. Now we have new threads because of me and my topics.

Tie Domi was one of the best. Like GOB said certainly not popular but he was tough. I will never forget the mark he left when he was with the Rangers. But the most memorable Domi moment came when he was with the Leafs.

I think in the 2000 season I was watching a Devils game with my son. Krzysztof Oliwa was making a pretty good name for himself. He got into it with Domi and Domi pounded him. Oliwa is a real big guy as well. Domi made it look easy.

Or how about when Domi was in his early twenties and he destroyed Bob Probert from the Red Wings? Domi wasn't satisfied with the victory. He acted like he was putting on a Championship belt. One of the funniest moments I have ever seen in hockey. And I am not a Rangers fan.

Max, you've written some pretty inaccurate crap before, but your stuff in the hockey forum is over-the-top.

Tie Domi is a thug. He cost the Leafs the playoffs with the elbow in the pretty face of Scott Niedermayer. Tie Domi is a dirty player, period. End of story.

And for faba...most imposing force in hockey: Ron Duguay! :lol:

Tie Domi is a thug. He cost the Leafs the playoffs with the elbow in the pretty face of Scott Niedermayer. Tie Domi is a dirty player, period. End of story.

Enforcing isn't easy. It isn't always pretty. But the man knew how to enforce.

faba: I'm surprised you didn't put Maloney on your list (I get them confused...Don or Dave?...not sure which is which).

Don was the forward- Dave Maloney the defenseman for the Rangers. Dan was not a fighter like some of the players mentioned.

Peter Worrell of the Panthers is someone current - I have seen give some poundings to a number of opponents.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Or how about when Domi was in his early twenties and he destroyed Bob Probert from the Red Wings? Domi wasn't satisfied with the victory. He acted like he was putting on a Championship belt. One of the funniest moments I have ever seen in hockey. And I am not a Rangers fan.

I remember that fight - Domi was nuts.

I'd have to say Probert in his prime was my favorite, and Marty McSorley, although I enjoyed watching Mick Vukota and Ken Baumgartner.

Then there's Stu "The Grim Reaper" Grimson, Tony Twist, Joey Kocur, Rob Ray, Gino Odjick...

Someone once told me that the Saskatoon Blades turn out more enforcers than any other team.

Archived