Agree or disagree? What makes the Pats a good team?

Kentucky Jet

THe fact that Caldwell and Gaffeny had little problem with the Jets, wasn't a bash of the Jets outright, it was an example. An example that counters his belief that Moss and Stallworth will have more growing pains than Caldwell & Gaffeny did. As for Welker he has more long term value than the other WR's, but your kidding yourself if you belive Moss & Stallworth won't have an impact this season. Stallworth is every bit the player Branch was, with more speed and greater TD production, Moss even at 75% of his prime is better than any WR the Patriots had on the field last season. Look you can deny it all you want, but when the Pats meet the Jets on opening day, your going to see formations with Moss, Stallworth on the out side, and Welker and Watson on the Inside. Sorry but those match ups are going to hurt alot of teams this year, starting with the Jets. Don't think it's going to happen??? Check back with me after the game.;)

enter_key.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the Pats are a 7-9 team this year

You never know, your starting QB could go down with a ruptured Achilles on opening day, and then the season could go down the toilet real fast.

...and wasn't it someone on JI that said he/she was female? How 'bout considering THAT source. :rolleyes:

Who cares what Shasta is. I like what "it" brings to JN;)

Ugh Garb, I just threw up in my mouth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoFlaJets

shasta says he's a dude

...and wasn't it someone on JI that said he/she was female? How 'bout considering THAT source. :rolleyes:

His posts read like a dude is writing them, but like Darla says (she's a cutie, isn't she?) who cares? The "enter" key is on the right btw, but shast gets points for civility, good punctuation, clarity of thought and typing skills. ;-)

:shock:

Reads like a "dude" is writing them? Interesting. Back in the "day" at JI - when some of the "old" Jets Haters were recruited to the new site by Sooth - everyone thought I was a guy for a long while. Maybe some still do! LOL!

Anyway, what makes the Pats a good team? Coaching, excellent business model, smarts and some luck - which leads to the leaders buying into the system - which leads to talent wanting to play for them - which leads to excellent scouting (needed depth to withstand the many significant injuries the Pats have suffered).

I'll never forget something Mike Vrable said years ago. He said "you just HAVE to buy into what BB is teaching and preaching. When BB - in game - says this and this is going to happen if he does this, or you do this- you have a hard time beleiving it - and WHAM! it happens.....and this goes on all game long....well, you start drinking the koolaid quick. The man is never wrong."

all these new receivers they've signed-does anybody else think there are going to be growing pains but me? What about the running game?Who is going to be the back to get them the 800 plus yards that Dillon got them last year? How about the aging LBer corps? Samuel?...7-9 JC 7-9

The receivers argument just does not hold water. The Patriots had all new receivers last season too. And those receivers were complete scrubs. They certainly were not on the same level, or even same ballpark, as Randy Moss and Donte Stallworth.

And Cory Dillon was DONE last year. You saw him run the 40 in 8 seconds after he broke through the Jets line, right? If Maroney can stay healthy, they will have a better running game this year. And with their additions to the passing game, the last thing the rest of the NFL needs is for New England to have a better running game.

I could care less what shasta says or thinks-I'm waiting for the day it gets banned here-the clock is ticking...my expiration date? sept 10th

The receivers argument just does not hold water. The Patriots had all new receivers last season too. And those receivers were complete scrubs. They certainly were not on the same level, or even same ballpark, as Randy Moss and Donte Stallworth.

And Cory Dillon was DONE last year. You saw him run the 40 in 8 seconds after he broke through the Jets line, right? If Maroney can stay healthy, they will have a better running game this year. And with their additions to the passing game, the last thing the rest of the NFL needs is for New England to have a better running game.

alright Tex-so you're trying to tell me that WR's and QB's don't experience growing pains? Rememeber that 60 Minutes piece on Brady and Branch and how they would be able to communicate by a glance? That stuff takes time and you know it.

Dillon was done last year and still led the team in rushing while NoodleRoney hit the wall big time-look at his stats from Thanksgving on and tell me he has shown himself capable of carrying the full load-or most of it

alright Tex-so you're trying to tell me that WR's and QB's don't experience growing pains? Rememeber that 60 Minutes piece on Brady and Branch and how they would be able to communicate by a glance? That stuff takes time and you know it.

Dillon was done last year and still led the team in rushing while NoodleRoney hit the wall big time-look at his stats from Thanksgving on and tell me he has shown himself capable of carrying the full load-or most of it

Brady was throwing to all new receivers last year. Branch was gone. Givens was gone. AND THEY STILL NEARLY WON THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP. Now they have brought in a pair of receivers that are infinitely better than the garbage they had last year, and they are a 7-9 team?

I said that IF MARONEY CAN STAY HEALTHY, their running game will be better. If Cory Dillon is such a huge loss for the Pats, why isn't he getting ready for training camp with a new team instead of sitting on his ass doing nothing? Because he is DONE. He is a soon to be 33 year old washed up running back that is slow as molasses. And most rookies hit the wall. They go from playing a 12 game season to playing a 20 game season. Do you also think D'Brick will never be a top offensive lineman?

It is funny that anyone that happens to disagree with your bat**** insane homer statements is labeled as TX. There should be a difference between hoping and believing. I am sure every single person on this site hopes the Pats go 7-9, but only an absolute fool would actually believe it.

The Pats run offense will not be as consistent as last year. Their pass offense will be more explosive. Their defense will decline significantly despite the addition of the overrated A. Thomas. Linebackers are old, Harrison is finished, Samuel has the balls to sit out 10 games, the rest of the DBs are mediocre.

2006 Patriots > 2007 Patriots.

10-6

1.No one said that WR's don't go through a learning curve, or "growing pains" as you like to call them, but you want to completely ignore the fact that last years "NEW" Wr's were half as talented as Moss, Stallworth & Welker and how did that work out for the Jets??? You can't argue that the Wr's will go through "growing pains early on" without facing the fact that last season with much less talented WR's going through "growing Pains", the Pats went 6-1 in their fist 7 games. Let me spell it out for you, "YOUR ARGUMENT DOESN'T WORK".

2. Again your twisting facts to serve what you want to belive not reality. First off the term "Hitting the rookie wall" at least as I've heard it, describes a rookie basically running out of gas due to the difference in season length from college to the pros. Maroney was well on his way to moving into the starting role until he injured his shoulder at mid season. However if it makes you feel better to say, "He hit the wall", or "can't carry the load", or even that he's injury prone", feel free, just know that everything you argue is built on your own hopes and dreams not facts and reality. ;)

1.No one said that WR's don't go through a learning curve, or "growing pains" as you like to call them, but you want to completely ignore the fact that last years "NEW" Wr's were half as talented as Moss, Stallworth & Welker and how did that work out for the Jets??? You can't argue that the Wr's will go through "growing pains early on" without facing the fact that last season with much less talented WR's going through "growing Pains", the Pats went 6-1 in their fist 7 games. Let me spell it out for you, "YOUR ARGUMENT DOESN'T WORK".

2. Again your twisting facts to serve what you want to belive not reality. First off the term "Hitting the rookie wall" at least as I've heard it, describes a rookie basically running out of gas due to the difference in season length from college to the pros. Maroney was well on his way to moving into the starting role until he injured his shoulder at mid season. However if it makes you feel better to say, "He hit the wall", or "can't carry the load", or even that he's injury prone", feel free, just know that everything you argue is built on your own hopes and dreams not facts and reality. ;)

did somebody say something worth responding to? Oh, I didn't think so.....

Brady was throwing to all new receivers last year. Branch was gone. Givens was gone. AND THEY STILL NEARLY WON THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP. Now they have brought in a pair of receivers that are infinitely better than the garbage they had last year, and they are a 7-9 team?

I said that IF MARONEY CAN STAY HEALTHY, their running game will be better. If Cory Dillon is such a huge loss for the Pats, why isn't he getting ready for training camp with a new team instead of sitting on his ass doing nothing? Because he is DONE. He is a soon to be 33 year old washed up running back that is slow as molasses. And most rookies hit the wall. They go from playing a 12 game season to playing a 20 game season. Do you also think D'Brick will never be a top offensive lineman?

It is funny that anyone that happens to disagree with your bat**** insane homer statements is labeled as TX. There should be a difference between hoping and believing. I am sure every single person on this site hopes the Pats go 7-9, but only an absolute fool would actually believe it.

He just doesn't get that his argument simply doesn't work.

AND THEY STILL NEARLY WON THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP....

wow so under that logic the Jets under Herman Edwards nearly won the AFC championship if it weren't for 2 missed FGs....what were you Pats fans saying to us back then?Oh yea nice choke job there against the Colts too

wow so under that logic the Jets under Herman Edwards nearly won the AFC championship if it weren't for 2 missed FGs....what were you Pats fans saying to us back then?Oh yea nice choke job there against the Colts too

Edwards nearly got IN the AFC championship game. He nearly won the divisional playoff game. Big difference.

Nice way to change the subject, I thought we were talking about how you belive the Patriots new WR's will struggle and go through "Growing Pains"??? Maybe you should try and stay on topic. I can see even your fellow Jet fans see your argument is as weak as Pennyboy's arm. ;)

Nice way to change the subject, I thought we were talking about how you belive the Patriots new WR's will struggle and go through "Growing Pains"??? Maybe you should try and stay on topic. I can see even your fellow Jet fans see your argument is as weak as Pennyboy's arm. ;)

Pats still blow. I'm sure you were a Broncos fan in the late 90's, a Cowboys fan before that, and would have been a 49'ers fan in the 80's if you'd been born yet.

Herman Edwards was never close to winning the AFC Championship Game because he has never taken his team to one. The Pats were there, the Jets were knocked out in the Divisional Round thanks to Chad's great offensive production and Doug Brien's right leg.

And that ladies & gentleman is the truth.

he learned how to do that from you...we were talking about the patsies* wr's till YOU turned it into a Jets bash...wow, never saw it coming...RIGHT!!!!

he learned how to do that from you...we were talking about the patsies* wr's till YOU turned it into a Jets bash...wow, never saw it coming...RIGHT!!!!

Ok, lets take the Jets out of it, do you honestly belive that by adding Moss, Stallworth, and Welker, that Patriots Wr's will be worse than last year? It's a simple question, it's not rocket science.

Ok, lets take the Jets out of it, do you honestly belive that by adding Moss, Stallworth, and Welker, that Patriots Wr's will be worse than last year? It's a simple question, it's not rocket science.

no..and if you keep the Jets bashing out of every post, you will get along better also

I still think you missed the original point, which was the new recievers MAY HAVE TROUBLE at first...no one said last years corp was better

no..and if you keep the Jets bashing out of every post, you will get along better also

I still think you missed the original point, which was the new recievers MAY HAVE TROUBLE at first...no one said last years corp was better

If you follow closely you will see Jet bashing is only done in response to Pats bashing. As for slowjet, or whatever his name is, he clearly tried to make the case that the Patriots WR's would struggle at first and that the Patriots would go 7-9. Don't try and spin his comments because even his fellow Jet fans called him out as a "fool", their words. I think you'll learn that I rarely attack first, it's the validity of my posts that Jet fans hate the most. The truth can be hard to face. ;)

If you follow closely you will see Jet bashing is only done in response to Pats bashing. As for slowjet, or whatever his name is, he clearly tried to make the case that the Patriots WR's would struggle at first and that the Patriots would go 7-9. Don't try and spin his comments because even his fellow Jet fans called him out as a "fool", their words. I think you'll learn that I rarely attack first, it's the validity of my posts that Jet fans hate the most. The truth can be hard to face. ;)

talking to you is like talking to a wall.I try to be civil and it always comes down to someone else started it..enjoy your short time here

talking to you is like talking to a wall.I try to be civil and it always comes down to someone else started it..enjoy your short time here

Very sorry you seem to lack the ability to understand what I'm saying. :baby:

Very sorry you seem to lack the ability to understand what I'm saying. :baby:

this guy's still here?

I guess the mods havent had enough of one guy calling all their posters retard, slow or half witted.

this guy's still here?

I guess the mods havent had enough of one guy calling all their posters retard, slow or half witted.

wrong gender, but yes, she's a bum. I don't even mind pat's fans, at least they bring perspective, but this chick is just flat out annoying.

wrong gender, but yes, she's a bum. I don't even mind pat's fans, at least they bring perspective, but this chick is just flat out annoying.

67 posts in 3 weeks and every one of them is the same.

Shasta is here to start fights and insult people anonymously. It has no other purpose.

67 posts in 3 weeks and every one of them is the same.

Shasta is here to start fights and insult people anonymously. It has no other purpose.

Avoid the topic all you like, I started no fights and responded to attacks in kind. It's not my fault many of you can't deal with facts or logic. The threads speak fo themselves. ;)

Archived