Cedric Houston leaves camp: Jets sign CFL WR

Kentucky Jet

RB Houston Leaves Camp, Jets sign CFL WR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Jets announced that running back Cedric Houston has left the team for personal reasons. The Jets also signed former CFL WR Chris Davis

Houston (6-0, 220, Tennessee), a sixth round (182nd overall) selection by the Jets in 2005, rushed for 676 yards and seven touchdowns and gained 109 receiving yards on 15 catches in two seasons with the team.

Davis (5-10, 180, Wake Forest) compiled 721 receiving yards on 62 receptions with four touchdowns and rushed for 175 yards and one score in four seasons at Wake Forest. Since graduating in 2005, he spent portions of the last two seasons with the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League, tallying nine catches for 83 yards before being released on June 24, 2007.

RB Houston Leaves Camp, Jets sign CFL WR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Jets announced that running back Cedric Houston has left the team for personal reasons. The Jets also signed former CFL WR Chris Davis

Houston (6-0, 220, Tennessee), a sixth round (182nd overall) selection by the Jets in 2005, rushed for 676 yards and seven touchdowns and gained 109 receiving yards on 15 catches in two seasons with the team.

Davis (5-10, 180, Wake Forest) compiled 721 receiving yards on 62 receptions with four touchdowns and rushed for 175 yards and one score in four seasons at Wake Forest. Since graduating in 2005, he spent portions of the last two seasons with the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League, tallying nine catches for 83 yards before being released on June 24, 2007.

WTF? Not just left camp, but left the team???? This is a major blow if it is true. I think Houston could have a significant number of carries and make a serious contribution this year. This really sucks, I wonder what happened.

WTF? Not just left camp, but left the team???? This is a major blow if it is true. I think Houston could have a significant number of carries and made a serious contribution this year. This really sucks, I wonder what happened.

He didn't leave the "team" per say. He just left camp for personal reasons. He'll be back, just not sure when.

The New York Jets announced the signing of free agent wide receiver Chris Davis. The Jets also announced that running back Cedric Houston has left the team for personal reasons. Both of the announcements were made by Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum.

Davis(5-10, 180, Wake Forest) compiled 721 receiving yards on 62 receptions with four touchdowns and rushed for 175 yards and one score in four seasons at Wake Forest. Since graduating in 2005, he spent portions of the last two seasons with the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League, tallying nine catches for 83 yards before being released on June 24, 2007.

Houston (6-0, 220, Tennessee), a sixth round (182 nd overall) selection by the Jets in 2005, rushed for 676 yards and seven touchdowns and gained 109 receiving yards on 15 catches in two seasons with the team.

The New York Jets announced the signing of free agent wide receiver Chris Davis. The Jets also announced that running back Cedric Houston has left the team for personal reasons. Both of the announcements were made by Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum.

Davis(5-10, 180, Wake Forest) compiled 721 receiving yards on 62 receptions with four touchdowns and rushed for 175 yards and one score in four seasons at Wake Forest. Since graduating in 2005, he spent portions of the last two seasons with the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League, tallying nine catches for 83 yards before being released on June 24, 2007.

Houston (6-0, 220, Tennessee), a sixth round (182 nd overall) selection by the Jets in 2005, rushed for 676 yards and seven touchdowns and gained 109 receiving yards on 15 catches in two seasons with the team.

Beat to the punch.... feel free to remove this mods

He didn't leave the "team" per say. He just left camp for personal reasons. He'll be back, just not sure when.

Are you sure? That's normally what I'd have thought, but I thought Monsanto Pope would be back too. I wonder what it's about. Didn't he have a medical condition in college? I think it was his thyroid.

Are you sure? That's normally what I'd have thought, but I thought Monsanto Pope would be back too. I wonder what it's about. Didn't he have a medical condition in college? I think it was his thyroid.

Yes, he did, and wasnt it diagnosed late compared to when he first started showing symptoms?

He's had a few obstacles along the way, and i hope he can get this worked out in time to get some tc reps in.

WTF? Not just left camp, but left the team???? This is a major blow if it is true. I think Houston could have a significant number of carries and make a serious contribution this year. This really sucks, I wonder what happened.

This was according to Rotoworld anyway.

Thursday, supposedly, the players come in for a physical and an endurance run to make sure they can handle the stressors of camp. I wonder if "personal reasons" is an acronym for 'failed physical'.... (dirty piss-test maybe?)

Oh well, this opens the door for Alvin Banks and D-Ware....

Reads to me like he's gone for good.

Personal reasons could be, "buried on the depth chart behind Jones and Washington, knowing full well that Brad Smith will get more carries than he does this year."

Reads to me like he's gone for good.

Personal reasons could be, "buried on the depth chart behind Jones and Washington, knowing full well that Brad Smith will get more carries than he does this year."

Your probably right with this but if it is ; that's just plain sad. Houston should realize/know that he's just an injury away from being a starter again. Especially at the RB position.

Thursday, supposedly, the players come in for a physical and an endurance run to make sure they can handle the stressors of camp. I wonder if "personal reasons" is an acronym for 'failed physical'.... (dirty piss-test maybe?)

Oh well, this opens the door for Alvin Banks and D-Ware....

I smell pot.

Archived