E. Smith injured today

JetCane

Posted Aug 8, 2007

Jets backup safety Eric Smith went down in the morning practice with what appears to be a serious knee injury.

The injury seems to be right above his right knee. He appeared to slip on the wet grass, and had to be carted off the field."He will get back as soon as he can," said Jets coach Eric Mangini.

http://jets.scout.com/2/666162.html

-------------------------------------

It's the same leg he hurt the other day...let the second guessing begin.

It's really too bad, he was looking very, very good in tc.

This bites. His knee is in a wrap on Sunday, and they cleared him to play today? Let's hope they let Miller heal properly before they let him pracice. It's really stupid to rush knee and hamstring injuries... and I'd like to know if Smith ever got an MRI....

this blows, he is going to be good, and we need him for the 3 saftey sets. I was really looking forward to watching him play, i hope he gets back ASAP.

He's been getting rave reviews from the camp-goers. damnit!!!!

yikes!!!!!!!!!!! one of the keys to our success last year was staying healthy for the most part.

dysons injury created a huge void which was very glaring in the games he missed or hobbled around in.

we're just not that deep to afford injuries anywhere. An injury to the oline or rb's would really suck.

two points

1) everyone always assumes the worst, look at NO LT Jammal Brown, got carted off yesterday, turns out was just a bruise. It is possible Smith is ok.

2) Eric Smith was plagued by injury in college, that was what his rep was, and it hurt his stock.

two points

1) everyone always assumes the worst, look at NO LT Jammal Brown, got carted off yesterday, turns out was just a bruise. It is possible Smith is ok.

2) Eric Smith was plagued by injury in college, that was what his rep was, and it hurt his stock.

Lets hope so...

two points

good points bit......... I still think this is partly jetcanes fault for missing camp. this kinda stuff doesn't happen on his watch

Not good news at all as it seemed Smith was going to seriously push Erik Coleman for the safety slot next to Kerry Rhodes this season. Some people, including Clark Judge, had him as one of their top breakout Jets in 2007. I really liked Smith last year after the games began to be played, but if he is indeed out for a long time, like say the entire season, this will do nothing but hurt us. I wonder who moves up in the Safety battle with Rhodes, E.Coleman and Rashad Washington.

I don't expect him to garner much playing time regardless.

:confused0058:

He was getting some as a rookie and was sure to see some this year... you couldn't be more wrong....

Agreed, it sucks that he got hurt. he was having a great camp.

:confused0058:

Agreed, it sucks that he got hurt. he was having a great camp.

man that brings back some fond memories bill. I had a great camp one summer as a boyscout. camp russell. we discovered there was a girlscout camp nearby. it's where I 1st learned to eat brownies :):):)

Thank god we have E.Coleman as our starting safety. I really hope the injury bug dont ruin this season. Miller now Smith, whos next?

It's part of the game, you just have to keep your fingers crossed. :crossfingers:

man that brings back some fond memories bill. I had a great camp one summer as a boyscout. camp russell. we discovered there was a girlscout camp nearby. it's where I 1st learned to eat brownies :):):)

You've been on fire the last two days, jw. :rl:

POTW nom!

Thank god we have E.Coleman as our starting safety. I really hope the injury bug dont ruin this season. Miller now Smith, whos next?

Clasic JEt fan excuses, talk crap all summer long, then blame the injury bug for sucking when the season starts. :P 1-3 is whats waiting for the Jets by week 5, injurys or no injurys. Get ready for it.

Clasic JEt fan excuses, talk crap all summer long, then blame the injury bug for sucking when the season starts. :P 1-3 is whats waiting for the Jets by week 5, injurys or no injurys. Get ready for it.

you are an awesome contributor to our board shasta. do the girls around you in public restrooms get nervous when you refuse to sit down to pee?

Archived