Red Sox/Yankees.. a look at the schedules

CrazyCarl40

You have no idea of how the accusations would fly.

I might even be threatened with bodily injury if I did that.

I hate all things Red Sox ownership as much as Garb does but I don't let that cloud my mind.

I hate Bob Kraft with a passion but I still love the Pats.

Garb: I don't want to call you out, but how can you "turn" on the Sox as the owner of the Pats does the same things?

An update.

Boston: 80-51 .611 - 31 games remaining (18 home, 13 away):

7 vs. BAL

6 vs. TB

6 vs. NYY

6 vs. TOR

2 vs. OAK

4 vs. MIN

To win 95 games need to go: 15-16 .484

New York: 72-58 .554 - 32 games remaining (16 home, 16 away):

6 vs. BAL

1 vs. DET

6 vs. BOS

6 vs. TB

3 vs. SEA

3 vs. KC

7 vs. TOR

To win 95 games need to go: 23-9 .742

Updated 8/27.. I think it's a forgone conclusion by now. Yankee should be concentrating on that 3 game series with Seattle. That will be the key and not the 6 remaining left with the Red Sox.

An update.

Updated 8/27.. I think it's a forgone conclusion by now. Yankee should be concentrating on that 3 game series with Seattle. That will be the key and not the 6 remaining left with the Red Sox.

If they do not sweep the Sox this week, then they need to start thinking wildcard survival.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Are you implying the Yankees should pack it in vs the Sox and look past them to the Mariners series?

Ludicrous.

The Yanks should be looking at every series as do or die series.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Are you implying the Yankees should pack it in vs the Sox and look past them to the Mariners series?

Ludicrous.

The Yanks should be looking at every series as do or die series.

Not saying the Yanks should pack it in vs. the Sox, but the way things currently are standing they should be more focused on the Mariners than the Red Sox.

Very simple folks

The Sox did what they had to do last week.

In the meantime down in the Bronx the Yanks just have to worry about tonight. I know it sound cliche-ish but that is what you have to do. Worry about the Tigers tonight and the horrible pitching matchup of Mussina vs Verlander.

After that deal with the Sox.

Seattle will be coming up on the radar very soon.

One thing though. It is time though to start playing these guys everyday. Jeter gets the day off yesterday, Posada as well. The last thing I want to see right now is Wilson Betimit playing SS and Molina catching, when you are chasing one for the wild card.

Very simple folks

The Sox did what they had to do last week.

In the meantime down in the Bronx the Yanks just have to worry about tonight. I know it sound cliche-ish but that is what you have to do. Worry about the Tigers tonight and the horrible pitching matchup of Mussina vs Verlander.

After that deal with the Sox.

Seattle will be coming up on the radar very soon.

One thing though. It is time though to start playing these guys everyday. Jeter gets the day off yesterday, Posada as well. The last thing I want to see right now is Wilson Betimit playing SS and Molina catching, when you are chasing one for the wild card.

The way Verlander has been pitching as of late. I don't know. He's been looking very fatigued lately. So has Bonderman.

Right now I'm worrying about catching Cleveland because i'm not so sure the Wild Card is in reach for hte Tigers anymore.

At 9-8 since the August 10 date we all pointed to as when the schedule would get tough again the Yanks are clearly not as good as they appeared in stampeding over TB and KC post All-Star break. For all the hoopla raised during that run against not ready for prime time teams the starting rotation after Andy and Wang remains what it has been all season...nothing special.

They still have a great shot at the WC and in any post season series Wang and Andy with all that offense gives them a shot at a ring.

Starters 3,4 and 5 will just have to step it up to ensure they get to the post season.

Bottom line, do the Mariners scare anyone? It would be a different story if the Tigers were ahead of th Yanks...but they are not. I believe the Yanks are the Favorites for the WC. Next year does look super bright for the Yanks though...

Hughes

Chamberlain

Wang

Maybe Ian Kennedy

Man that is a great front 4. Chamberlain's stuff is just filthy....

LL

Hughes

Chamberlain

Wang

Maybe Ian Kennedy

Man that is a great front 4. Chamberlain's stuff is just filthy....

LL

I agree, but is Joba better in small doses? What happens when a team sees him 3+ times in a game. Just asking, because I don't know much about him. And as far as Hughes as pitched, Wang is the Ace. Pettite should be back next season too, right? He'd be the #2 if I were Torre or whomever is coaching there next season.

An update.

Boston: 83-55 .601 - 24 games remaining (14 home, 10 away):

4 vs. BAL

6 vs. TB

3 vs. NYY

5 vs. TOR

2 vs. OAK

4 vs. MIN

To win 95 games need to go: 12-12 .500

New York: 76-62 .551 - 24 games remaining (9 home, 15 away):

6 vs. BAL

3 vs. BOS

3 vs. TB

2 vs. SEA

3 vs. KC

7 vs. TOR

To win 95 games need to go: 19-5 .792

Updated 9/4.. Ya I don't see it happening.

An update.

Boston: 83-55 .601 - 24 games remaining (14 home, 10 away):

4 vs. BAL

6 vs. TB

3 vs. NYY

5 vs. TOR

2 vs. OAK

4 vs. MIN

To win 95 games need to go: 12-12 .500

New York: 76-62 .551 - 24 games remaining (9 home, 15 away):

6 vs. BAL

3 vs. BOS

3 vs. TB

2 vs. SEA

3 vs. KC

7 vs. TOR

To win 95 games need to go: 19-5 .792

Updated 9/4.. Ya I don't see it happening.

It is just a wild card chase for the Yankees now.

Lots of road games for them, though. But, what team really scares you in an "over-rated" AL wild card bunch? I would say the Tigers are the chief contenders for that chase.

I agree, but is Joba better in small doses? What happens when a team sees him 3+ times in a game. Just asking, because I don't know much about him. And as far as Hughes as pitched, Wang is the Ace. Pettite should be back next season too, right? He'd be the #2 if I were Torre or whomever is coaching there next season.

Joba should be fine....he just seems to be the total package. Hughes I also think should rebound once he gets a clean start to next season without all the interruptions injury wise he has went through. Wang-Chamberlain- Hughes-Kennedy and Andy could be a nasty rotation next year.

Joba should be fine....he just seems to be the total package. Hughes I also think should rebound once he gets a clean start to next season without all the interruptions injury wise he has went through. Wang-Chamberlain- Hughes-Kennedy and Andy could be a nasty rotation next year.

Beckett-DiceK-Buccholz-Wakefield-Lester will be nice too. I don't see us bringing Big Schill back. And yes, Papelbon stays at closer. He's the best and he likes that role.

Beckett-DiceK-Buccholz-Wakefield-Lester will be nice too. I don't see us bringing Big Schill back. And yes, Papelbon stays at closer. He's the best and he likes that role.

Agree. Wonder if you don't get ARod if you bring back Lowell....he's really had a nice season and is money at 3rd. I have a felling that Atkins on Colorado will be made available as well.

He has a curve and a change that he is not using now, but has used all year long in the Minors. He will be fine as a starter.

One interesting fact that was noted this season. He was throwing 96-97 in the 1st inning of most games in the Minors, and he was still pumping them in at the same speed in the 7th inning. So stamina seems not to be an issue with him.

Archived