Is It Me

Maxman

Or does Pennington seem like his passes have much more ZIP this preseason?

From what I have seen, his passes are much more crisp. Nice, tight spirals, and they don't seem to hang up in the air as much. He looks like he did in 2002, which is a good thing.

What people mean by the word "Zip" Is a ball thrown on a tight rope with a nice spiral.

The word is thrown around way too much for my liking, making it meaningless. Fans on this site do not realize that sometimes a pass shouldn't be thrown on a tight rope.

The word is thrown around way too much for my liking, making it meaningless. Fans on this site do not realize that sometimes a pass shouldn't be thrown on a tight rope.

I know what you are saying but every once in awhile a QB needs to drop back and exhibit some zip. These intangibles are what defines a winner.

Zip is the new measure of a QB. Throw the old rating system out the window. Unless it accounts for zip it is meaningless.

I hear what you are saying. Zip should replace QB Rating and yards passed for. The people want more zip.

well zip why zip don't zip we zip just zip talk zip about zip some zip of zip the zip other zip issues zip fro zip training zip camp zip instead?

Actually, I think we all understand that...But it would be nice if the QB can throw a pass with ZIP if the situation calls for it.

I think a QB's ability to play the cowbell should be the new measurement.

Haha

I think we need to run this "zip" thing by TheGARV, so he can recalculate the distance of Chad's passes, taking into account the Zip factor.

I know what you are saying but every once in awhile a QB needs to drop back and exhibit some zip. These intangibles are what defines a winner.

Good point, but I think my point is people go watch practice, and since the ball isn't fired in there assume he has no zip, when in reality it just may be the types of passes he's trying to make that day. Now if you say, "Chad, throw one with some Zip please" and he tries and it is a lob.. .well.. then you have a point.

Good point, but I think my point is people go watch practice, and since the ball isn't fired in there assume he has no zip, when in reality it just may be the types of passes he's trying to make that day. Now if you say, "Chad, throw one with some Zip please" and he tries and it is a lob.. .well.. then you have a point.

I would say he arlready has a point.

The point being, that Chad has exhibited a zip on his ball this camp. A zip that was not present before, or recently.

It has nothing to do with the other type of passes that he has the capabilities of throwing

Archived