Rock: The Pennington Conundrum

JetCane

Rich C's blog paints a 180 degree different picture. http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/

Yeah, if your ceiling for a QB is to be a "veteran and to have led his team to three playoff appearances" in his mediocre 7 year career. Then by-golly Chad's your man.

Rich does not want to pull the plug on Chad's record of mediocrity due to one bad game. :confused:

What about the playoff game last year? Or the handful of games where his poor performances contributed significantly to the loss last year? Like Buffalo, Chicago, Cleveland and Jacksonville? Or any other time over the last 4 years?

Chad is mediocre. All the Chad Apologists and sycophants want to point to 2002. To borrow from Rick Pitino, "The Chad of 2002 is not walking through that door." His play in the last 46 games suggests those first 15 were an aberration.

It is my hope Chad remains the Jets' QB. With Chad, J.P., and Trent QBing the other AFC East teams, the Patriots will own the AFC East for the next few seasons until one of the above mentioned "flukes or never was" is supplanted by a QB who could lead their team to a Superbowl. There is only one in the East and he is playing in Foxboro.

It is my hope Chad remains the Jets' QB. With Chad, J.P., and Trent QBing the other AFC East teams, the Patriots will own the AFC East for the next few seasons until one of the above mentioned "flukes or never was" is supplanted by a QB who could lead their team to a Superbowl. There is only one in the East and he is playing in Foxboro.

Yeah, but Vinny is just the back-up QB, right? ;)

THE FIRST QUARTER ?!?!?!?

if a coach pulls a guy after one bad quarter, its the coach that needs to go. I'm all for position competition, and putting the team ahead of any individual, but thats like a mlb manager pulling out a starting pitcher after he gives up 3 runs in the first

it makes the whole team play tight and looking over their shoulders

not good

Yeah, if your ceiling for a QB is to be a "veteran and to have led his team to three playoff appearances" in his mediocre 7 year career. Then by-golly Chad's your man.

Rich does not want to pull the plug on Chad's record of mediocrity due to one bad game. :confused:

What about the playoff game last year? Or the handful of games where his poor performances contributed significantly to the loss last year? Like Buffalo, Chicago, Cleveland and Jacksonville? Or any other time over the last 4 years?

Chad is mediocre. All the Chad Apologists and sycophants want to point to 2002. To borrow from Rick Pitino, "The Chad of 2002 is not walking through that door." His play in the last 46 games suggests those first 15 were an aberration.

Thx TX. Making the play-offs is not mediocre. If it is than Tom Brady has been medicore as well since Charlie left. The Brady of pre-2005 is not walking through the door either based on his play-off performances without Weiss. In fact, other than beating the Jags and Jets who NE was still clearly better than he has been horrible to the tune of 4TD's -- 6 INT's without Charlie in the post season . :P

THE FIRST QUARTER ?!?!?!?

if a coach pulls a guy after one bad quarter, its the coach that needs to go. I'm all for position competition, and putting the team ahead of any individual, but thats like a mlb manager pulling out a starting pitcher after he gives up 3 runs in the first

it makes the whole team play tight and looking over their shoulders

not good

Good analogy.

BTW, I hate the broncos, but I'd say it's time for a QB change there.

Denver Qb stats preseason week 2:

QB_______c__at_yd_Int_TD

P RAMSEY 11-21-178 1... 2

J CUTLER ..7-13-..58 .0 ...0

Oh wait, it's the preseason...

Thx TX. Making the play-offs is not mediocre. If it is than Tom Brady has been medicore as well since Charlie left. The Brady of pre-2005 is not walking through the door either based on his play-off performances without Weiss. In fact, other than beating the Jags and Jets who NE was still clearly better than he has been horrible to the tune of 4TD's -- 6 INT's without Charlie in the post season . :P

It is if your aspirations are a little higher then just making the playoffs. Especially, when 40% of the league makes the playoffs. I am sure Eric Mangenious is aspiring to make the playoffs. :rolleyes:

As usual, Chad-apologists want to make this a Brady thing. When it is clearly a Chad and his failures thing.

Tom has his rings. He can retire today and still be considered an all-time great. Chad? He is the Scott Mitchell of the 2000s. He had one great year and then settled into his career pattern of mediocre play.

BTW, nice way of cherry picking the games to count against Tom. I bet you can do that and make Penny seem like a HofFer, but I digress.

Even, using your cherry picked games, Tom took a clearly inferior team in all three of those games on the road and had his team a failed third down/defensive collapse of taking his team to their 4th Superbowl in 6 years.

Yeah, he sucks. :rolleyes:

I'm not seeing the Chad siuation through Cimini's eyes at all. I think the reality is somewhere between Rock's view and Cimini's. To cop out with "it's only as pre-season game" is looking through deep tinted rose colored glasses. To say enough is enough with this idiot isn't viable either. Clemens isn't soup yet and to bring him in right now might harm his short term shot at success. And there's no way he can run the Jets offense like Penny can - for the moment. One thing is clear after Friday night - against a tenacious pass rush with our line still learning the ropes - both Chad and Clemens had the deer in the headlights experience. Chad showed he still suffers from not doing well with it. Clemens showed similar lack of composure, but also that he has the ability to take that only chance to execute a reception under pressure and delivered a rocket. Chad will never have the ability to make that same pass and I'm sure Mangini knows it.

It is if your aspirations are a little higher then just making the playoffs. Especially, when 40% of the league makes the playoffs. I am sure Eric Mangenious is aspiring to make the playoffs. :rolleyes:

As usual, Chad-apologists want to make this a Brady thing. When it is clearly a Chad and his failures thing.

Tom has his rings. He can retire today and still be considered an all-time great. Chad? He is the Scott Mitchell of the 2000s. He had one great year and then settled into his career pattern of mediocre play.

BTW, nice way of cherry picking the games to count against Tom. I bet you can do that and make Penny seem like a HofFer, but I digress.

Even, using your cherry picked games, Tom took a clearly inferior team in all three of those games on the road and had his team a failed third down/defensive collapse of taking his team to their 4th Superbowl in 6 years.

Actually Tom threw crucial INT's against Denver-SD and the Colts....The SD defender fumbling allowed Tom to see another week. Funny when Brady's play-off numbers go down he is QBing a "clearly inferior team". I guessed I missed all those play-off games Chad and the Jets were prohibitive favors in.

Now I am not comparing the two QB's. I just think you as well as Jet fans know what Pennington is.....flawed?...yes.....mediocre?...No.

BTW you sound like a certain BB fanbase....living off rings of the past whenever someone dares to critique your team.

Also you digress the minute you decide to log onto a Jet board each day just to play "Joe superior" because the Pats have won a few rings. I thought that crap was reserved for Tx and JI.

Who made this a Brady thing? Clearly it was you...

Just sayin...

Who made this a Brady thing? Clearly it was you...

Just sayin...

What did you forget GS's post about Brady? Forgot how to use multi-quote? I had one sentence, GS has some whiny diatribe. Yeah, I made it a Brady thing.

Very convenient.

Actually Tom threw crucial INT's against Denver-SD and the Colts....The SD defender fumbling allowed Tom to see another week. Funny when Brady's play-off numbers go down he is QBing a "clearly inferior team". I guessed I missed all those play-off games Chad and the Jets were prohibitive favors in.

Now I am not comparing the two QB's. I just think you as well as Jet fans know what Pennington is.....flawed?...yes.....mediocre?...No.

BTW you sound like a certain BB fanbase....living off rings of the past whenever someone dares to critique your team.

Also you digress the minute you decide to log onto a Jet board each day just to play "Joe superior" because the Pats have won a few rings. I thought that crap was reserved for Tx and JI.

Ok, so I say the Patriots were inferior to the Broncos (whom they lost 28-20 and 27-13 that year and 17-7 last year), Chargers (who crushed the Patriots 41-17 in '05 and were 14-2 in '06) and the Colts (who were only Superbowl champs and are 3-0 vs the Patriots the last 3 seasons), and I am "living off rings of the past?" How?

Make your mind up Jets' fan, is the dynasty over? Or are the Patriots still dynastic and as good as ever? We both know it is the former. Nice spin though. If you are telling me the teams of the last two years are as good as any of the Superbowl teams you are more foolish then one could imagine.

Again, nice way to cherry pick. I point to Chad's 46 games over the last 4 seasons, not just his playoff shortcomings. He has not come close to duplicating any of those numbers over the last 4 years, in particular INT%, Yards per attempt and completion percentage, and I am wrong to say 2002 is a fluke.

Last 4 years: 793-1233; 48 TDs and 40 INTs in 46 games. I know he was injured. :rolleyes:

What did you forget GS's post about Brady? Forgot how to use multi-quote? I had one sentence, GS has some whiny diatribe. Yeah, I made it a Brady thing.

Very convenient.

Ok, so I say the Patriots were inferior to the Broncos (whom they lost 28-20 and 27-13 that year and 17-7 last year), Chargers (who crushed the Patriots 41-17 in '05 and were 14-2 in '06) and the Colts (who were only Superbowl champs and are 3-0 vs the Patriots the last 3 seasons), and I am "living off rings of the past?" How?

Make your mind up Jets' fan, is the dynasty over? Or are the Patriots still dynastic and as good as ever? We both know it is the former. Nice spin though. If you are telling me the teams of the last two years are as good as any of the Superbowl teams you are more foolish then one could imagine.

Again, nice way to cherry pick. I point to Chad's 46 games over the last 4 seasons, not just his playoff shortcomings. He has not come close to duplicating any of those numbers over the last 4 years, in particular INT%, Yards per attempt and completion percentage, and I am wrong to say 2002 is a fluke.

Last 4 years: 793-1233; 48 TDs and 40 INTs in 46 games. I know he was injured. :rolleyes:

What's your point? Chad sucks until proven otherwise. Ok. r.i.p.

Archived