Pete Kendall Traded: MERGED

SoFlaJets

hes missed one or two practices due to "personal reasons" and many believe that it had to do with his contract.

Moore denied that it had anything to do with his contract.

No point in missing a practice over a contract dispute unless you are going to own up to it.

he says it was personal reasons which he had discussed with the team.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont like this trade for multiple reasons.

#1 It weakens the offensive line less than a month before opening day.

#2 A 4th round pick is all for a starting lineman.

#3 2 rookies who are inexperienced will be trying to take over.

Unless something else is brewing its a bad deal.

I dont like this trade for multiple reasons.

#1 It weakens the offensive line less than a month before opening day.

#2 A 4th round pick is all for a starting lineman.

#3 2 rookies who are inexperienced will be trying to take over.

Unless something else is brewing its a bad deal.

I see all that. But I also see a guy who's 34 and probably doesn't have much left. He's aslo managed to piss off 2 coaches in a row, despite his obvious talent. I turst this Mangini CS knows what they're doing.

In the end, Kendall is going to look back at this sometime afetr he retires and see it was a mistake. The Jets are a team on the rise. In this market, there are all kinds of opportunities , though admittedly much the same could be said of the Deadskins. And if ever wants to coach in the NFl after he retires, he pretty much has burned that bridge.

good points;

traded out of the conference

adam schefter reporting its a 4th round pick, great value

send message to moore, if you skip another practice over your contract, you're next

send message to other guys not to ask to redo 4 year deal after 1 year

bad points - a cast off and a rookie tackle have to hold the fort for a year

I don't think the Jets have ANY leverage over Moore at this point. Do you want to go into the season with Clarke AND Bender starting at OG? The value isn't as good as everybody thinks. I'm pretty sure the 'skins don't have a 4th-I think it went in the Duckett deal. I have heard it is a 5th this year or 4th in '09. Not bad value considering we'd probably have had to cut him, but not the 4th everybody is talking about. As for your fourth "good" point, maybe it should read "send message to players not to believe promises to restructure deals after the season."

Archived