Pete Kendall Traded: MERGED

SoFlaJets

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really doesnt matter when it comes to Kendall. He wasnt going to be on this team when we make a superbowl run anyways. If we actually got a 4th rd pick for him, its a steal. Kendall has been a JAG the last 2 years, and was a huge part of the reason why we havent run the ball well the last 2 seasons. He's just not good anymore.

Clarke or Bender might get the start, and they'll go through some learning curves, but one of them could be a long term solution at the LG position. Kendall was a stop-gap guard, on a 7-9 footballl team. He's not worth getting upset about.

A mark as far as being very wary about future dealings with the FO.

A mark as far as other free agents wanting to play on the Jets

A mark as far as being union guys and not liking the way management handled this. Ever been in a union? You know how respected the union rep is by the rank and file?

You think any of the players believed he was put in a rookie dorm by accident? Pffft...they have long memories, too.

Again I disagree...At the beginning of the off season we resigned Cotchery to a long term big money contract. The point is if you come here and work hard and get good results the team will work with you and try to make you happy. If you sign a contract and then have a mediocre season, and then go to the media complaining about how much this team sucks for not giving him more money, then no, we wont listen to you and we dont want you playing on our team... That simple.

Then why didn't they cut him like they said they would?

in effect, they did! Only they took the time to protect the team and received just compensation.. If they cut him as you advocate, he probably would have signed with the DOLPHINS. Did you want that for the sake of being nice to Kendall?

It really doesnt matter when it comes to Kendall. He wasnt going to be on this team when we make a superbowl run anyways. If we actually got a 4th rd pick for him, its a steal. Kendall has been a JAG the last 2 years, and was a huge part of the reason why we havent run the ball well the last 2 seasons. He's just not good anymore.

Clarke or Bender might get the start, and they'll go through some learning curves, but one of them could be a long term solution at the LG position. Kendall was a stop-gap guard, on a 7-9 footballl team. He's not worth getting upset about.

I guess just throw Kellen right on in and guess what??? We then have a SB team... STFU with your negativity 24/7... Its past old, it's black and white, plain and simple, str8 up garbage.

I guess just throw Kellen right on in and guess what??? We then have a SB team... STFU with your negativity 24/7... Its past old, it's black and white, plain and simple, str8 up garbage.

Still think the Jets win the division this year, dooshey?

btw, why are you talking to me? I thought you only talked to non-white people, gangsta.

4H, you know that I know where you're coming from on this.

As Cimini wrote:

"The Jets rid themselves of a headache, but the quality of their offensive line takes a hit."

The headache was largely of their own making, as they handled this situation poorly and immaturely.

I give credit to the other Jets players for staying out of the fray, and not throwing any gas on the fire.

But one thing I think that we have missed in this equation, and not really acknowledged is that the Jets players are on Kendall's side. Not only is he the player union rep, he is a respected veteran.

Even Bender had really nice things to say about him in an interview, and Bender mentioned how Pete was helping him in TC.

The Jets were penny wise and dollar foolish, and this fiasco is going to bite them in the arse down the road in more ways than one.

(And believe me, I hate how Kendall has handled it, but i am more concerned with the Jets than with him.)

Again, we dont want to set a precedant that its okay to sign a contract, have a mediocre season, and then start bitching and moaning to redo that contract a year after you signed it...

Kendall was signing autographs yesterday at the end of practice, apparently after the meeting with Tannebaum. What a class act. He knows how to put himself out there, sacrfice a writer's cramp or jamming his hand on a football and do it for the fans.

Why are we getting rid of such a quality person and true team player.

in effect, they did! Only they took the time to protect the team and received just compensation.. If they cut him as you advocate, he probably would have signed with the DOLPHINS. Did you want that for the sake of being nice to Kendall?

I don't care about "being nice" but I actually think they probably lied to him and told him they'd either re-do the deal or let him go. They shopped him and then didn't take anything during the draft and then acted like spurned 6th graders with the way they treated him. Even if they end up with a fourth this whole deal was not a bright spot for the organization.

Again I disagree...At the beginning of the off season we resigned Cotchery to a long term big money contract. The point is if you come here and work hard and get good results the team will work with you and try to make you happy. If you sign a contract and then have a mediocre season, and then go to the media complaining about how much this team sucks for not giving him more money, then no, we wont listen to you and we dont want you playing on our team... That simple.

It's not that simple at all.

There is a ripple effect, and there were plenty of things that happened that we dont know about.

I get the feeling the team is not a real happy bunch of campers right now.

Give money back??!!

Are the jets reducing their parking fees for screwing up the parking for the next three years and making people take decrepit buses from their car to the stadium?

Didnt think so.

we were talking players and if they should honor the contracts that they willingly signed. The parking fees are a travesty of justice but so is a player who refuses to honor his contract. Could you do that without ramifications? Do you suppose that ERIC just have felt that KENDALL was slipping and did not play well last year? IMO that is why he did not pay the guy what he wanted. And good for ERIC& T. Go Jets!

Kendall was signing autographs yesterday at the end of practice, apparently after the meeting with Tannebaum. What a class act. He knows how to put himself out there, sacrfice a writer's cramp or jamming his hand on a football and do it for the fans.

Why are we getting rid of such a quality person and true team player.

He is mad at the FO not the fans... of course he is still interacting with the fans...

you can't state that unequivicolly Joe-who knows, maybe Jacb Bender turns out to be a pro bowler-the one place we've been pretty lucky for the last decade is at the OL position.

Impossible.

Well, I base my post on two things

1) NOT ONE commentator on the NFL sirius channel who has mentioned this, and that includes most of their on air personalities, has said Kendell sucks, as a matter of fact they think he is a very good LG and that the line is definitely not as good without him. One guy even went so far as to say Clarke better be HUGELY improved over when he covered the eagles team as a reporter.

2) nobody else in camp has really stepped up to take the spot from him. I am all for players fighting for spots and veterens getting sidelined when a young guy shows he can do better. Problem is that SEEMS to not be the case here. It seems that the jets drew a line on principle over a measily million dollars to a guy who protects the qb and it backfired, so they have to cut him to save face and are stuck with who they have left. This was in no way about competition and the better player winning out.

Now, this is all based on what we have seen and what we know, the jets obviously keep a lot under wraps. Yeah Bender could be doing great in closed practices, but from all indications there is nothing to think that, and we can only go by what has been seen and read and talked about. And if anything, the closest we have to inside info are all those commentators who have been to the camp, which is why i put some faith in their words when it is pretty unanimous with them all feeling the same way. That is why in my original post i prefaced it by saying "barring anything crazy."

I don't care about "being nice" but I actually think they probably lied to him and told him they'd either re-do the deal or let him go. They shopped him and then didn't take anything during the draft and then acted like spurned 6th graders with the way they treated him. Even if they end up with a fourth this whole deal was not a bright spot for the organization.

and in your opinion, he played well last year? See: Playoff game vs SEYMOUR. see: Jax game against an unknown DLman! And the beat goes on. I hope, like you, that this turns out well for us. It worked nicely last year and IMO we need o play the kids. If we got a 4th rounder for Kendall, it will be to our advantage!

we were talking players and if they should honor the contracts that they willingly signed. The parking fees are a travesty of justice but so is a player who refuses to honor his contract. Could you do that without ramifications? Do you suppose that ERIC just have felt that KENDALL was slipping and did not play well last year? IMO that is why he did not pay the guy what he wanted. And good for ERIC& T. Go Jets!

You suggested money be given back to the team for what you perceived as a diminished condition. I asked you if the team would give back money for creating a diminshed situation.

If you cant see the similarity in the situation, oh well.

Redskins acquired G Pete Kendall from the Jets in exchange for a fourth-round pick in 2009.

Kendall got a $1 million raise upon agreeing to the trade. Washington may be giving up too much for the 34-year-old, but the Redskins can undoubtedly use him. Their experiment with Todd Wade and Mike Pucillo at left guard has not been successful. Kendall's addition opposite Randy Thomas gives the 'Skins possibly the best guard tandem in the NFC East. Aug. 23 - 10:47 am et

Source: Washington Post

Just got this from a buddy of mine and, btw, it's in line with my prediction yesterday:

Various sources are reporting that the Jets will trade Kendall for a draft choice in the 2008 draft. The team is not known but is believed to be either Kansas City or Cleveland. The deal is contingent on Kendall passing a physical and agreeing to a new contract.

Speculation is running RAMPANT!

Joe said.....2) nobody else in camp has really stepped up to take the spot from him. I am all for players fighting for spots and veterens getting sidelined when a young guy shows he can do better. Problem is that SEEMS to not be the case here. It seems that the jets drew a line on principle over a measily million dollars to a guy who protects the qb and it backfired, so they have to cut him to save face and are stuck with who they have left. This was in no way about competition and the better player winning out.

the thing is Bender was moved up and starting from reports we read here-also Kendall has been hurt all summer-or faking it-either way it's a bad deal to be relying on a guy that might be tanking it on purpose. Even if he wasn't with those snaps the fan base was getting very suspicious-bad for the team Joe

Well, I base my post on two things

1) NOT ONE commentator on the NFL sirius channel who has mentioned this, and that includes most of their on air personalities, has said Kendell sucks, as a matter of fact they think he is a very good LG and that the line is definitely not as good without him. One guy even went so far as to say Clarke better be HUGELY improved over when he covered the eagles team as a reporter.

2) nobody else in camp has really stepped up to take the spot from him. I am all for players fighting for spots and veterens getting sidelined when a young guy shows he can do better. Problem is that SEEMS to not be the case here. It seems that the jets drew a line on principle over a measily million dollars to a guy who protects the qb and it backfired, so they have to cut him to save face and are stuck with who they have left. This was in no way about competition and the better player winning out.

Now, this is all based on what we have seen and what we know, the jets obviously keep a lot under wraps. Yeah Bender could be doing great in closed practices, but from all indications there is nothing to think that, and we can only go by what has been seen and read and talked about. And if anything, the closest we have to inside info are all those commentators who have been to the camp, which is why i put some faith in their words when it is pretty unanimous with them all feeling the same way. That is why in my original post i prefaced it by saying "barring anything crazy."

Did you watch one play last year? he dot DOMINATED on running plays just like the garbage right side.

You suggested money be given back to the team for what you perceived as a diminished condition. I asked you if the team would give back money for creating a diminshed situation.

If you cant see the similarity in the situation, oh well.

it's sorta like your community pool being out of commision while they dig a bigger hole for a better pool JC-may suck for a while but it'll be better for years to come

Archived