Pete Kendall Traded: MERGED

SoFlaJets

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, I would never have guessed we would have gotten so much for him... I wish the pick was in this next draft, but 2009 is o.k. I still think we will miss his play, but not his attitude. I still think this is a lose lose situation for both parties. Good job salvaging something for him though.

We don`t know that we did get so much from him .Nothing has been confirmed yet as to what we recieved for him ,just that he has been traded to the skins & all the rumors say we are recieving a 4th rounder ,but that is the one pick the skins don`t have to trade next year ,knowing Mangini WE MAY HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE ACTUAL Draft pick before he tells us

Just in case you missed this...

The JETS have a smart FO that thinks ahead now... Kendall would have done nothing positive for the JETS this season... now instead they get a 4th round pick with potential players like Rhodes and Cotch... Kendall will be sitting on his couch and the JETS will have a new 22 year old potential play maker...

another pathetic try at reasoning. following your logic a 4th rd pick is more valuable than a 3rd since leon > schlegal. maybe the jets should trade away all of their high picks and accumulate 4th rounders?

look at the history of the draft and try to figure out how many 4th rd picks become starters in the NFL. a 2009 4th rd pick worthless for the next 2 seasons.

mangini better have a lot of confidence in clemens because chadwick won't make it home from baltimore, if he even makes it to that game.

Kendall got cut a few years ago when he was in his prime. The Jets get a 4th rounder for him.

Long live Daniel Synder!

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why he's the boss. Perspective.

Alright enough of that, but seriously, we just got a free 4th round pick and 2 or 3 previous years worth of decent service at LG for a guy we picked up for nothing. Can you say front office of the year!

potw nom

The possibilities are endless, and Beans will have a field day in his potw thread.

lol

I would agree... but I think that Chad Pennington is the father... supposedly the baby had to have its shoulder reconstructed immediately after birth... :lol:

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why he's the boss. Perspective.

Alright enough of that, but seriously, we just got a free 4th round pick and 2 or 3 previous years worth of decent service at LG for a guy we picked up for nothing. Can you say front office of the year!

I don't know about front office of the year. But I do think we did a decent job making the best of a bad situation.

I don't know about front office of the year. But I do think we did a decent job making the best of a bad situation.

we get an early day 2 pick for a guy we were going to cut. I think that is pretty good.

Playing devil's advocate though: who is our starting left guard?:Typotux:

It's not that simple at all.

There is a ripple effect, and there were plenty of things that happened that we dont know about.

I get the feeling the team is not a real happy bunch of campers right now.

Of course not...Only under Herm Edwards are players happy after a month or so of TC. There may have been things happening that we dont know about, but what we do know is that Kendall agreed to this contract last off season and its not like he had a great season last year. I just dont think its right to start complaining to the media 1 YEAR after agreeing to the contract, thats just me though.

Of course not...Only under Herm Edwards are players happy after a month or so of TC. There may have been things happening that we dont know about, but what we do know is that Kendall agreed to this contract last off season and its not like he had a great season last year. I just dont think its right to start complaining to the media 1 YEAR after agreeing to the contract, thats just me though.

Again, no one is saying that what Kendall did and how he acted was right.

But the FO allowed this situation to get out of control, and even egged it on, and i am more concerned with how the FO acts towards it players than i am about him.

And I think you know i was referring to the players' unhappiness with having this situation going on in tc, not with tc itself.

Why do you think he needed that extra million? Vick didn't come through with the bombs, so some dog fighter needed to step up.

that's right-see it all fits-that guy who is suing Vick and blaming HIM to having ties to the terra-ists

good points;

traded out of the conference

adam schefter reporting its a 4th round pick, great value

send message to moore, if you skip another practice over your contract, you're next

send message to other guys not to ask to redo 4 year deal after 1 year

bad points - a cast off and a rookie tackle have to hold the fort for a year

good points;

traded out of the conference

adam schefter reporting its a 4th round pick, great value

send message to moore, if you skip another practice over your contract, you're next

send message to other guys not to ask to redo 4 year deal after 1 year

bad points - a cast off and a rookie tackle have to hold the fort for a year

Where did you hear that? I heard he quietly asked and has been practicing all along...

Archived