Baggy Pants to be hiked up?

SouthernJet

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saggy pants are the root cause of so much unemployment.

These guys cannot work because they need 1 hand to hold their pants up. Its a terrible problem.

See I always thought the correlation between saggy pantsers and under employment was stupity, but now I see that there are other factors. It's a very complicated and misunderstood group I guess.

• 2 months later...

Riviera Beach's ban on saggy pants ruled unconstitutional

Riviera Beach can't tell people not to wear pants below the waist, judge says

By Erika Pesantes | South Florida Sun Sentinel

April 23, 2009

RIVIERA BEACH - Drop that ordinance -- and your pants if you consider it fashionable, Palm Beach County Judge Laura Johnson ruled Wednesday.

The judge overturned Riviera Beach's saggy pants ordinance, which had prohibited anyone from wearing pants below the waist exposing skin or underwear.

A referendum endorsing the ban was supported by 72 percent of city voters in March 2008. Riviera Beach began enforcing the ordinance in July but it was ruled unconstitutional by Johnson, city spokeswoman Rose Anne Brown said.

Offenders were cited with a $150 fine for the first offense and $300 for the second offense, considered a misdemeanor. Brown estimates fewer than 20 people were caught with drooping pants since the ordinance was enacted.

• 4 months later...

:rl::rl:

Baggy_Pants_280_474470a.jpg

Sagging pants was never meant to be fashionable. Prisoners wear their pants this low because belts are a popular way to commit suicide by hanging oneself, to hang others, or to use as a weapon in fights. Prisoners are also not allowed to have shoestrings for the same reasons. But there is an even more obvious reason why pants are sagging in prison. If the pants are below a man's bottom, it is to introduce to other men that he is homosexual. As Eazy E once said about women in skirts, "For easy access, baby."

:rl::rl:

Baggy_Pants_280_474470a.jpg

Sagging pants was never meant to be fashionable. Prisoners wear their pants this low because belts are a popular way to commit suicide by hanging oneself, to hang others, or to use as a weapon in fights. Prisoners are also not allowed to have shoestrings for the same reasons. But there is an even more obvious reason why pants are sagging in prison. If the pants are below a man's bottom, it is to introduce to other men that he is homosexual. As Eazy E once said about women in skirts, "For easy access, baby."

SJ referencing Eazy E is full of win. :rl:

I'd like to thank all concerned for providing me several minutes of entertainment while having my morning coffee today. Some funny sh!t. Didn't realize this was an old thread until half way through, then jumped to the end to see who surfaced it.

Question.

Let's say one of these bad boys with pants around the knees had to run for some reason. Possible?

I'd like to thank all concerned for providing me several minutes of entertainment while having my morning coffee today. Some funny sh!t. Didn't realize this was an old thread until half way through, then jumped to the end to see who surfaced it.

Question.

Let's say one of these bad boys with pants around the knees had to run for some reason. Possible?

Yes, have seen on Cops before..The Thug Turd running with 1 hand on pants and then eventually caught with his pants down around ankles. He is practicing for The Big House.

The pants are baggy because they probably stole them

i saw a Cops episode where a guy had crack in his pants..he told cops they werent his pants, he picked them off floor when he woke up, must be someone else in house where he slept. Then they found his wallet in pants, he says 'oh , ya, my wallet was stolen yesterday, the guy who owns these pants must have stolen my wallet too'..:rl:

• 2 months later...

Its awful what this ThugTurd did, BUT, I its freaking justice that his freakin baggy pants did him in TWICE. What a idiot, the idiotic fashion look cost him his life,,thankfully..

Massacre on the UWS

By LARRY CELONA, JOHN DOYLE and LAURIE KAMENS

Last Updated: 8:35 AM, December 18, 2009

Posted: 3:24 AM, December 18, 2009

The holiday-season cheer of the trendy Upper West Side was shattered yesterday when a career criminal slaughtered three members of a family in their apartment -- then plunged to his death after tripping over his baggy pants.

The bloodshed began when the killer barged into the family's third floor apartment and opened fire at around 1:45 p.m., near a string of upscale shops on Amsterdam Avenue near West 83rd Street.

Gunman Hector Quinones blew away 24-year-old Carlos Rodriguez Jr., and his father Carlos Rodriguez Sr., 52, and then repeatedly stabbed grandfather Fernando Gonzalez, 87, to death before the elder Rodriguez's wife and adult daughter walked unwittingly into the carnage in the apartment they all shared.

As soon as Gisela Rodriguez, 49, and her daughter, Leyanis, 28, walked inside, Quinones, 44, opened fire again at the mother, grazing the back of her head, cops said.

He then went after Gisela's daughter, who scrambled for safety and ran to a nearby bedroom. The killer was inches away from grabbing her but tripped over his low-slung pants, sources said.

The horrified woman managed to slam and lock the door just in time, only to find the bloodied bodies of her brother and dad inside.

A relentless Quinones kicked the door in and lunged for Leyanis, but she was able to make it to a fire escape, screaming for help to construction workers on the roof of the building next door.

"She just ran in and told the contracting guys there was a shooting, there's somebody who got shot," said the building manager, who declined to identify herself. "She was hysterical, she couldn't talk."

Meanwhile, her wounded mom scrambled to safety out the front door.

"They rushed her into the ambulance," said Dmitri Vezyrakis, 42, the owner of Caesar's Palace Pizza. "I saw blood on the covers of the sheets."

She was later taken to Roosevelt Hospital in stable condition.

Fleeing empty-handed, Quinones ditched his gun, a .380-caliber semiautomatic pistol loaded with hollow-point bullets, and made a dash down a rear fire escape.

But again, his low-slung pants fell to his ankles, tripping him and sending him falling three stories to his death, authorities said.

Investigators found a "significant amount" of heroin and a smaller amount of cocaine inside the apartment, as well as a cash-stuffed lockbox that cops confiscated, Commissioner Ray Kelly said.

The suspect, who has 14 prior arrests for offenses that include manslaughter, assault, drugs and robbery, knew Rodriguez Sr. from when they were in prison together, sources said.

He'd been released from prison in August after serving seven years on the manslaughter charge.

Rodriguez Sr. had eight arrests -- mostly for dealing drugs -- and had met Quinones when they served time together in the 1990s, sources said.

"This was a drug robbery gone awry," one source said.

The elder Rodriguez was arrested last month for carrying a knife, and Kelly said there had been a report that the younger Rodriguez had been dealing drugs on the street, although he was never arrested.

Investigators found the Rodriguezes --who both worked as construction workers -- dead in the bedroom. Gonzalez was stabbed to death in the bathroom.

Quinones, wearing leather gloves on top of rubber ones, ransacked the bedroom after killing the three men, police said.

A bloody knife -- with an 8-inch blade and a 4-inch handle -- was found in the kitchen.

What I find so amusing about older generation's commentary about the current generation's fashion is that I have no doubt that at one point in your lives, you all looked like this:

jcpenney17.jpg

Now, what did you have to say about our pants and hats again?

pants hanging off showing asscrack is dumb no matter how you spin it..I am sure you dont go that far.. :D

I never did the disco thing ..i have always been the jeans, flannel shirt/tshirt guy

NEIL%20YOUNG%20PUBLICITY%20PIC.jpg

pants hanging off showing asscrack is dumb no matter how you spin it..I am sure you dont go that far.. :D

I never did the disco thing ..i have always been the jeans, flannel shirt/tshirt guy

My dad definitely has a photo or two with an afro and way too much chest. They're hysterical.

And, I agree, when I wear a hat, which is very rare, I wear it forwards and I not only wear jeans that fit, but I also wear a belt.

Just laughing that every generation's apparel gets a big :eek: from the next.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see the point in criticizing other people's fashion sense. It differs per generation, your one growing up probably looks stupid now. It's all going to change, what you consider nice is probably seen as stupid to those with baggy pants, etc. I don't wear extremely baggy pants because it's uncomfortable and I don't see the point, but it really doesn't bother me too much.

• 1 month later...

Support Sags for Baggy Pants Ban

February 09, 2010 02:45 PM

Even though many agree that baggy pants are indecent, lawmakers say a ban on saggy pants is unconstitutional.

Baggy Pants Trend Protected by 14th Amendment

In 2008, voters in Riviera Beach, Fla., approved a saggy pants law that banned people from "wearing pants below the waist, exposing skin or undergarments" in public, Susan Spencer-Wendel reported for The Palm Beach Post. Violators could be fined and jailed if they didn't pay up.

But in 2009, county judge Laura Johnson ruled that the ban was unconstitutional, and that the baggy pants trend is protected by "freedom of choice and liberties guaranteed under the 14th Amendment." Johnson is the second judge to rule the ban as being unconstitutional; county judge Paul Moyle of Florida made the same ruling in late 2008.

Cities in other states around the country have created laws similar to Riviera Beach's, while Dallas and Atlanta "have considered imposing fines on those wearing saggy pants," Spencer-Wendel writes for The Post.

Background: Where did baggy pants come from?

The baggy pants trend reportedly originated in prisons, where inmates aren

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Reported by Jeremy Tucker

Dover Considers Saggy Pants Ban

Updated: Jul 29, 2010 7:30 AM EDT

12884450_BG1.jpg
(Photo: CBS)

It all started after a city councilman saw someone wearing pants below their buttocks at the Dover Post Office. The politician is now calling for fines to be levied against anyone whose pants sag below their buttocks.

Dover residents had mixed feelings about the plan.

"[baggy pants are] pretty low, outrageous and unnecessary. They're really unnecessary. So I'm all for it," said Andre Boggerty.

While some residents admitted there is a pants problem in the city, others said people deserve the right to choose what they wear.

" I don't think they need to fine people for it. It's just a reflection on their personal tastes and how they want to dress," said Megan Wallrichs.

There is no word on when a possible public decency ordinance could come up for a vote in Dover.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived