Reggie Bush: MERGED

Matt39

its a language barrier thing...

all NFL running backs are good, since they are in thE NFL :).

Calling him 'below average' isn't quite fair, he'd start on over 15 teams in this league as a legit number 1...i hope anyway.

15 teams? I find that highly unlikely.

Arizona

NYJ

Buffalo

Denver

Indianapolis

Houston

Atlanta

Carolina

Tampa Bay

Green Bay

Detroit

Chicago (maybe)

Dallas

Washington

NY Giants

Cleveland

Baltimore

I stopped paying attention at Indianapolis. Do you seriously think the Colts would rather have Bush than Addai? Addai looks like he's going to be one of the top four backs in the league for a while, Bush not so much.

I stopped paying attention at Indianapolis. Do you seriously think the Colts would rather have Bush than Addai? Addai looks like he's going to be one of the top four backs in the league for a while, Bush not so much.

Are you kidding? Bush is a much better fit than Addai. Addai is good, and he is a good fit for Indy, but almost any starting back could go to indy and run their little draw plays all game.

I'm not taking away from Addai, i think he is good, but if you give bush those same huge wholes and manning to move him around before the snap, there is absolutly no question Bush would be far superior to Addai in INDY. no question at all.

the colts defense showed good speed last night. brees had a bad night. both reggie & sean payton got too cute with playcalling & dance moves.

good smashmouth football in the trenches will slow the colts defense down

saints db's stayed in position in the 1st half & kept them at bay. the cover 2 (which I don't like) was fooled often in the 2nd half & they bit too many times.

the colts ain't as good as the saints made them out to be

Arizona - washed up James, with the youth movement, would gladly take a second year playmaker

NYJ - Jones is probably a better fit for a smash mouth team, this line is not a smash mouth line. I think LW is comparable, but given the choice, Bush would still start.

Denver - Henry? If bush would run the denver system as Shananhan would want, he could be just like Portis (minus the break tackle, but much more evasive downfield)

Indianapolis - Give me a break with this Addai crap. Bush is far better than Addai.

Houston - What? Greene? are you kidding? He's over the hill, with a chit line.

Atlanta - I guess you think really highly of Norwood. Dunn is 31, still decent, Bush would start.

Tampa Bay - Caddilac friggen blows, if he's not hurt he's getting blown up by a corner back.

Washington - Is Portis even on this team? I like Betts, but if you are saying Bush is behind Betts, you gotta move out of the sticks. ;)

Cleveland - :rl: when are we going to realize Lewis hasn't been good for, at the minimum, 2 years.

Baltimore - Toss up. McGahee is a total Douchey, if he shuts up and plays i think he is actually better than Bush.

I don't even like Bush, i don't know why i'm sticking up for him. He's a decent back, still not worth the second pick in any draft. Didn't LT go 5th when he was selected? Now that is an RB.

Arizona - washed up James, with the youth movement, would gladly take a second year playmaker

NYJ - Jones is probably a better fit for a smash mouth team, this line is not a smash mouth line. I think LW is comparable, but given the choice, Bush would still start.

Denver - Henry? If bush would run the denver system as Shananhan would want, he could be just like Portis (minus the break tackle, but much more evasive downfield)

Indianapolis - Give me a break with this Addai crap. Bush is far better than Addai.

Houston - What? Greene? are you kidding? He's over the hill, with a chit line.

Atlanta - I guess you think really highly of Norwood. Dunn is 31, still decent, Bush would start.

Tampa Bay - Caddilac friggen blows, if he's not hurt he's getting blown up by a corner back.

Washington - Is Portis even on this team? I like Betts, but if you are saying Bush is behind Betts, you gotta move out of the sticks. ;)

Cleveland - :rl: when are we going to realize Lewis hasn't been good for, at the minimum, 2 years.

Baltimore - Toss up. McGahee is a total Douchey, if he shuts up and plays i think he is actually better than Bush.

I don't even like Bush, i don't know why i'm sticking up for him. He's a decent back, still not worth the second pick in any draft. Didn't LT go 5th when he was selected? Now that is an RB.

The thing is, I don't think Bush would be a good starter on a team that doesn't open up big holes to get him in space. So I think he could look like a major bust in Baltimore, Cleveland, TB, & Arizona in particular. Maybe on the Jets also. Leon weighs the same but at 4" shorter is much more solidly built. But then Leon was available in round 4 & makes near the league minimum. Bush wasn't even available at PICK 4 & got $25M+ guaranteed on his $50M+ rookie contract alone.

I do agree that he'd be at least as good if not better than Addai in Indy. It's not like Addai was pushing the pile last night (or last year); he was running through the giant lanes a Manning-Harrison-Wayne passing attack opens up on a line anchored by a great center. He would probably also do well in zone-blocking offenses (Denver, Houston, etc). He'd just have to learn to hit that first cut harder & not dance around like Barry or he'd miss the hole.

The thing is, I don't think Bush would be a good starter on a team that doesn't open up big holes to get him in space. So I think he could look like a major bust in Baltimore, Cleveland, TB, & Arizona in particular. Maybe on the Jets also. Leon weighs the same but at 4" shorter is much more solidly built. But then Leon was available in round 4 & makes near the league minimum. Bush wasn't even available at PICK 4 & got $25M+ guaranteed on his $50M+ rookie contract alone.

I do agree that he'd be at least as good if not better than Addai in Indy. It's not like Addai was pushing the pile last night (or last year); he was running through the giant lanes a Manning-Harrison-Wayne passing attack opens up on a line anchored by a great center. He would probably also do well in zone-blocking offenses (Denver, Houston, etc). He'd just have to learn to hit that first cut harder & not dance around like Barry or he'd miss the hole.

I will give you that Balt, Clev, TB, and AZ don't open big holes, but Bush is still better than the guys that are on those teams. I dn't think bush would put up big numbers on those teams, but he'd at the least be an upgrade.

In my eyes, there is no way a scat back is worth a top 10 selection. The salary they are paying him is just ridiculous, when most of us would agree we'd rather take a Deuce type back to score TD's and move the damn pile.

Jones-Drew is better than Bush, i don't understand the scouts' rubber for this guy. everyone was saying 'the obvious choice for the first pick'...HE'S A 210 POUND RB!!!!

whatever, i'm more than happy with the value of LW in the 4th round, even if he isn't quite as good, he is damn close.

I will give you that Balt, Clev, TB, and AZ don't open big holes, but Bush is still better than the guys that are on those teams. I dn't think bush would put up big numbers on those teams, but he'd at the least be an upgrade.

In my eyes, there is no way a scat back is worth a top 10 selection. The salary they are paying him is just ridiculous, when most of us would agree we'd rather take a Deuce type back to score TD's and move the damn pile.

Jones-Drew is better than Bush, i don't understand the scouts' rubber for this guy. everyone was saying 'the obvious choice for the first pick'...HE'S A 210 POUND RB!!!!

whatever, i'm more than happy with the value of LW in the 4th round, even if he isn't quite as good, he is damn close.

Other than maybe a scat-back being an upgrade on teams that require a RB to push the pile a bit himself, we are in total agreement.

I was beyond happy that we didn't trade the #4, #29 and #71 pick (I think what NO wanted) - AND another $3M/yr in cap space - for the most talented 3rd-down back/WR-tweener in the league. Then again, Brick is looking nothing like a top-4 pick & we did turn that #71 pick into Schlegel & I think Drew Coleman. No complaints on Mangold, with his rapid growth & cheap rookie contract.

He would probably also do well in zone-blocking offenses (Denver, Houston, etc). He'd just have to learn to hit that first cut harder & not dance around like Barry or he'd miss the hole.

I don't think a Bush-Shanahan marriage would be a smooth one. Reggie would probably find his ass on the bench after about his third dance step. Last year, I said Reggie was like an unholy mixture of Santana Moss as a WR, and Tatum Bell as a RB. He did nothing to change that opinion last night.

Other than maybe a scat-back being an upgrade on teams that require a RB to push the pile a bit himself, we are in total agreement.

I was beyond happy that we didn't trade the #4, #29 and #71 pick (I think what NO wanted) - AND another $3M/yr in cap space - for the most talented 3rd-down back/WR-tweener in the league. Then again, Brick is looking nothing like a top-4 pick & we did turn that #71 pick into Schlegel & I think Drew Coleman. No complaints on Mangold, with his rapid growth & cheap rookie contract.

Brick is a lot like Reggie. He's good, but not worth the pick/contract. I'm still happy we took brick, i was ass about us taking him before that draft as well.

Hinesite being 20/20, i wish we could have traded the 4th for a couple lower picks, but then again, i say that every year.

hey troll...good comparison. I do think reggie could surivive in Den, from what i can gather on the guy, he is very coachable, and would probably do what is asked of him. He isn't Cedric Benson, or one of the other turd-for-brain backs in this league.

Off Topic

The Most UNDERrated WR in the past 10 Years?? I say yes ,all this guys does is go out

there every game and does his work and make play after play after play.He is a Lunch

pale kinda guy when it comes to doing his job.the guy is great for the Game IMHO.

I dunno, maybe Harrison is underrated but I think if he had say, Chad Pennington as his QB his entire career, he wouldnt be viewed as such a great receiver. I think Coles could do just as good as Marvin if Coles had Peyton as his QB. In fact, Coles can be far more physical than Marvin who sometimes gets completely taken out of a game because he's not strong enough.

Harrison is a very good WR with an alltime great QB. But I dont think he'd be a HOF WR w/o Peyton.

Oh, and I'd take Reggie Bush on the Jets w/o blinking an eye. The guy is a game changer.

From watching last night's game, I've concluded that Bush is either afraid of contact, or trying to do way too much on every play, or both. I can remember a specific instance where he had a sure first down, but lost it cause he danced around too much and lost yards because of it.

I still think Bush will be a good player in the NFL, but if nothing else this proves once again that success in college doesn't neccessarily translate into success in the pros.

The guy dances way too much to be in the backfield. He doesnt take on contact and looks to go to the outside every damn time. He must of cost the Saints at least 5 first downs last night.

He's not nearly strong enough to be a running back, plus the Saints need another WR anyway...let Deuce handle the load in the backfield.

He reminds me of another all time great player.

He actually may be good enough to be mentioned among another 1st round draft pick.

Blair Thomas

From watching last night's game, I've concluded that Bush is either afraid of contact, or trying to do way too much on every play, or both. I can remember a specific instance where he had a sure first down, but lost it cause he danced around too much and lost yards because of it.

I still think Bush will be a good player in the NFL, but if nothing else this proves once again that success in college doesn't neccessarily translate into success in the pros.

I remember that, I think it was in the 1st quarter. He had an easy 1st down by a couple yards, but he danced around trying to get the big gain down the sideline (or somethin else, I dunno), and he got stopped short of the 1st down.

That was not a smart play. He's got alot to learn.

I remember that, I think it was in the 1st quarter. He had an easy 1st down by a couple yards, but he danced around trying to get the big gain down the sideline (or somethin else, I dunno), and he got stopped short of the 1st down.

That was not a smart play. He's got alot to learn.

it's funny you say that, i'm sure the coaches tell this guy daily to get the first, then make something happen. JUST GET THE FIRST DOWN! i love how these idiots have to 'learn' this.

Or the announcer that says, wow did you see how astute that player was? he made the interception AND had the presence of mind to run with the ball after the catch.

Why wouldn't you run? it isn't the fricken complicated.

:confused:

I just puked in my mouth for the fact that Alk said that Jamal Lewis is a better back than Bush. Don't get me wrong, that o-line in Clev is miserable but Bush would create yards with his prancing and dancing around. He'll look like a fool one play by losing 2 yards here and then but break off a 20+ yarder off of sub-par defenders. Jamal on the other hand proved in Balt that he would chop his legs to have a 2.9-3.3 yards per carry even with holes opening up.

Archived