I put this loss on both co-ord's

Jetfan13

how can you not blitz a 1st time starter ALL DAY LONG?? No pressure and all day for recievers to get open

and someone please tell me why Schotty is supposedly such a hot coach???

very dissappointed in the play calling on both sides of the ball, and that all has to fall on Mangini..

at least we get to play the fins again

I blame every nook and cranny in the organization. The Bills are a crappy banged up team. This was a discrace.

Guys this very minute we should be 2-2 with a positive outlook on an 0-2 start. yet we are 1-3 and suck. That's the reality, and someone has to take a hit big time.

Why was the team so ill prepared to play the Bills?

Something is very wrong today in Jet land my friends.

This was one of the most inexcusable losses I have ever seen -- Rookie QB AND RB banged up Defence -- shoud have been easy picken -- they defintly played down to the level of competition (which isnt very far to go) -- and WTF was with the ultra conservative play calling -- our defence is terrible -- no pressure whatsovere they made us look silly

we are in deep dog sh** next week if they dont get it together -- THe Giants D is looking much better the last 2 weeks -

Guys this very minute we should be 2-2 with a positive outlook on an 0-2 start. yet we are 1-3 and suck. That's the reality, and someone has to take a hit big time.

Why was the team so ill prepared to play the Bills?

Something is very wrong today in Jet land my friends.

Yes, indeed. And I know this is trivial, but I am still in a really bad mood, so I'll say it. I am sick and tired of Jets coaches and players who in the post game interviews talk about "just having to work harder". Just once, I would like them to act as angry and embarassed as us fans. Laugh all you want about Denny Green and Jim Mora's famous blow ups. At least I know they hate to lose.

We actually were, often. That's the thing that bothers me most, and convinces me that the 4-3 would do a lick of good for us. If we can't get to the QB sending 6 guys, the problem is the players, not the scheme.

If that is true, then bench them all...absolutely in-excusable

Yes, indeed. And I know this is trivial, but I am still in a really bad mood, so I'll say it. I am sick and tired of Jets coaches and players who in the post game interviews talk about "just having to work harder". Just once, I would like them to act as angry and embarassed as us fans. Laugh all you want about Denny Green and Jim Mora's famous blow ups. At least I know they hate to lose.

Maynard, your right. The coach here has got to take the heat for this, this was a big game and they were just not prepared to play. But this players have got to take a hit too.

how can you not blitz a 1st time starter ALL DAY LONG?? No pressure and all day for recievers to get open

very dissappointed in the play calling on both sides of the ball, and that all has to fall on Mangini..

Exactly. I hate to say it, but maybe last years record was more to the competition we played then this team having talent. The play calling has to put our players in the best position to achieve though.

Thats an easy one to answer, the answer is,,,,,, when that rookie Q.B. is beating the blitz to the check down on almost every throw. That kid was simply not afraid of the blitz, and he completed passes with guys in his face all day long.

I have asked that same question many, many times, and all I ever get in response are Chad-like excuses. I have to chalk it up to Schotty being a "warrior." He must have suffered some sort of injury in training camp and is fighting through it. That seems to be why Chad still starts.

Thought it was all on Pennington????

Anyway I totally agree, on both sides of the ball, the playcalling was too conservative. I mean why not blitz, its not like we can get pressure with our front 3 or that we have evryone covered when we drop 8.

I saw at least twice yesterday were we dropped 8 guys into coverage only to see a WR hit wide open from Edwards, I mean if thats happening whats the point.

We should have mixed it up more, shown him more looks and for Christ sakes put on some damn pressure.

This D is a joke.

In his last year here, the defense sucked. Henderson had the one good year and flamed out.

And the defense doesn't suck now? Please, Henderson would easily be a step up from what we have right now. Herm takes most of the blame for our overall suckage 2 years ago, not Henderson.

You mean like the Ravens did when Clemens started? He took quite a few hits iirc.

Hey we have two sacks this year!

woo hoo

:bag:

I understand this game was frustrating, but why the hell is everybody so crazed? Anybody who has been a Jet fan for more than 2 years has seen this before and then some.

I think we've all just kind of hit the boiling point with Chad Pennington. We've always KNOWN under the surface that he wasn't "the guy". This officially became a reality for all those who were sitting on the fence about him before this point.

I think we've all just kind of hit the boiling point with Chad Pennington. We've always KNOWN under the surface that he wasn't "the guy". This officially became a reality for all those who were sitting on the fence about him before this point.

I don't believe that either. Maybe not about you personally, but a large percentage of this are guys that have been yapping about Pennington sucking from the start and now have a reason to flap their gums. Sort of like bad mouthing the Mets today. I don't think there are that many "fence sitters."

Pennington had a ****ty game, he is not a superstar qb. We knew all that going into this game. This was one bad game. It doesn't change much in the scheme of things. Pennington being on a short leash? Big deal, he should have been on one all season if Clemens is actually close to ready.

I understand this game was frustrating, but why the hell is everybody so crazed? Anybody who has been a Jet fan for more than 2 years has seen this before and then some.

This is the first time that he's blown a game to the worst rush and pass defense in the league. It's one thing to fail against top defenses, you can make an argument against that even if you expect more from him.

It's also another to lose a let down game after giving yourself a cushion from jumping out to a winning record. But that? That was against the worst defense in the league, our defense really only allowed 10 points, and Chad got the ball back with time to do something. We were 1-2, our backs were to the wall and there was no excuse not to come out fired up.

This is also the same team essentually that went 10-6 last year, we know the talent is there to beat winless teams. The Bills are NOT more talented than us.

We also now have an option at QB. People want to see Clemens out there. This isn't his first year, he's had a year on the bench to learn. Around the league we see young QBs step in for ineffective vets all the time and succeed, and now we're thinking why not us? Why wait until it is too late?

It's just right now everything is aligned against really having an excuse. People are pretty sick of it. If he had this game when we were 5-3 it'd probably slide, but how can we let it go now? We're 1-3, we should have been 2-2. The Pats might not lose 3 games all year. We need to go 9-3 the rest of the way to even have an outside shot at making the playoffs now. 9-3! Even a magical 2002 season would not save us now!

This one hurts more.

And the defense doesn't suck now? Please, Henderson would easily be a step up from what we have right now. Herm takes most of the blame for our overall suckage 2 years ago, not Henderson.

Henderson did some job with those Lions, getting fired after one season on a 3-13 team. I don't see how that would be a step up. Don't take that as a defense of Bob Sutton, I think he should be booted out the door.

This is the first time that he's blown a game to the worst rush and pass defense in the league. It's one thing to fail against top defenses, you can make an argument against that even if you expect more from him.

It's also another to lose a let down game after giving yourself a cushion from jumping out to a winning record. But that? That was against the worst defense in the league, our defense really only allowed 10 points, and Chad got the ball back with time to do something. We were 1-2, our backs were to the wall and there was no excuse not to come out fired up.

This is also the same team essentually that went 10-6 last year, we know the talent is there to beat winless teams. The Bills are NOT more talented than us.

We also now have an option at QB. People want to see Clemens out there. This isn't his first year, he's had a year on the bench to learn. Around the league we see young QBs step in for ineffective vets all the time and succeed, and now we're thinking why not us? Why wait until it is too late?

It's just right now everything is aligned against really having an excuse. People are pretty sick of it. If he had this game when we were 5-3 it'd probably slide, but how can we let it go now? We're 1-3, we should have been 2-2. The Pats might not lose 3 games all year. We need to go 9-3 the rest of the way to even have an outside shot at making the playoffs now. 9-3! Even a magical 2002 season would not save us now!

This one hurts more.

I understand the frustration, but have two sniggling little points: First, if "this one hurts more" than other Jets losses then either you haven't been a fan very long of you have a short memory. Doesn't get anybody off the hook, but relax, it's been worse. Second, THE JETS DEFENSE DID NOT GIVE UP ONLY 10 POINTS. I understand that everybody wants to blame Pennington for the points, but you simply do not concede a TD because of the turnover. Most teams have a turnover in each game and long returns aren't that uncommon. Pennington gave up the ball in FG range, so I can agree the D gave up only 14 points, but the TD drive is still on the D.

I understand the frustration, but have two sniggling little points: First, if "this one hurts more" than other Jets losses then either you haven't been a fan very long of you have a short memory. Doesn't get anybody off the hook, but relax, it's been worse. Second, THE JETS DEFENSE DID NOT GIVE UP ONLY 10 POINTS. I understand that everybody wants to blame Pennington for the points, but you simply do not concede a TD because of the turnover. Most teams have a turnover in each game and long returns aren't that uncommon. Pennington gave up the ball in FG range, so I can agree the D gave up only 14 points, but the TD drive is still on the D.

When you have to only go 17 yards, usually you will get the TD. At the least you'd get a FG, but that's basically an awesome job by the defense.

Under the Mangini era, I think this was the worst loss.

I actually expect CP to be back out there this Sunday though. I just think at the rate we are going, we are completely out of contention so what is the point, might as well see what we have in Clemens and hope for the best. Otherwise it was a waste 2nd round pick...we wasted a lot of picks though so what else is new.

Jets-Giants is a national game, I hate losing national games even though I guess it doesn't matter, but getting embarassed in front of a lot of other people pisses me off. I'd rather blow out the Giants so that people can actually respect us. Don't think CP has what it takes, especially after watching McNabb get killed. Not sure any QB does actually, I don't really know how other teams have burned the Giants D for so much earlier this season.

When you have to only go 17 yards, usually you will get the TD. At the least you'd get a FG, but that's basically an awesome job by the defense.

Under the Mangini era, I think this was the worst loss.

I actually expect CP to be back out there this Sunday though. I just think at the rate we are going, we are completely out of contention so what is the point, might as well see what we have in Clemens and hope for the best. Otherwise it was a waste 2nd round pick...we wasted a lot of picks though so what else is new.

Jets-Giants is a national game, I hate losing national games even though I guess it doesn't matter, but getting embarassed in front of a lot of other people pisses me off. I'd rather blow out the Giants so that people can actually respect us. Don't think CP has what it takes, especially after watching McNabb get killed. Not sure any QB does actually, I don't really know how other teams have burned the Giants D for so much earlier this season.

Don't you live in San Diego? We'll have no problem if they lose compared to the NY/NJ guys. Poor bastards. Maybe we'll pull one out. The Giants look good now, but they looked good at the start of last year too.

did belly put u upto it again. its against the rules to tape the coordinators, even in the shower

Archived