Here's the telling stat on Chad:

Boozer76

# of completions over 20 yards-4. That's in 3 games, so it's an average of a little over 1 a game. To put that in perspective, Tony Romo is leading the league with 22 total completions in 4 games, an average of over 5 COMPLETIONS a game. Sure sure, it's not fair to compare Chad to the guy who's in 1st overall in this category. How about we take Jeff Garcia who is right around 20th overall, averaging 3 COMPLETIONS a game over 20 yards. Where does Chad stand exactly, you may ask? 31st overall in the league. And you wonder why we can't run the ball?

# of completions over 20 yards-4. That's in 3 games, so it's an average of a little over 1 a game. To put that in perspective, Tony Romo is leading the league with 22 total completions in 4 games, an average of over 5 COMPLETIONS a game. Sure sure, it's not fair to compare Chad to the guy who's in 1st overall in this category. How about we take Jeff Garcia who is right around 20th overall, averaging 3 COMPLETIONS a game over 20 yards. Where does Chad stand exactly, you may ask? 31st overall in the league. And you wonder why we can't run the ball?

THANK YOU! Couldn't of said it better myself.

Thanks B but I've know that for a while now, the info is clear, KC needs to start sunday. But will Mangini-have the balls to do it?

Good stuff, Booz.

The issue at this point is whether mangini believes chad has played himself out of the starting job. Many here believe he has, and it's hard to disagree.

But we know this HC is stubborn, and hasnt shown much in the way of balls this season.

But the ball is in his court now...

I would just like to see a friggin post pattern from the guy once in a while-Clemens threw about 4 of them against Baltimore...this sideline to sideline football is killing us...we're playing lateral not vertical football

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am i blind?????????

OffCoord calls long routes when clemens is in game, but not chad,,what does that freakin tell you?????????

and if he is calling them and chad is checking off to dink/dunks,,what does that freakin tell you.,..,

thank u soflajets,,spot on

Good stuff, Booz.

The issue at this point is whether mangini believes chad has played himself out of the starting job. Many here believe he has, and it's hard to disagree.

But we know this HC is stubborn, and hasnt shown much in the way of balls this season.

But the ball is in his court now...

Speaking of balls. On that last play, you could see the Bills defense lining up on the sidelines to prevent the out. The best Chad could have done, should have done, was throw the ball away leaving the suddenly shaky Nugent with a long FG attempt to just tie the game.

How about this, GOD forbid. Chad fakes the out and throws a go or post pass attempt to Coles or Cotchery for the surprise winning TD? Even with Chad's arm, I'd give that play a 25% chance of succeeding given the element of surprise.

Just out of curiosity, who is 32nd? Also, didn't have like 3 in this game alone (Cotchery and Brad Smith)? He only had one in the other two games?

Speaking of balls. On that last play, you could see the Bills defense lining up on the sidelines to prevent the out. The best Chad could have done, should have done, was throw the ball away leaving the suddenly shaky Nugent with a long FG attempt to just tie the game.

How about this, GOD forbid. Chad fakes the out and throws a go or post pass attempt to Coles or Cotchery for the surprise winning TD? Even with Chad's arm, I'd give that play a 25% chance of succeeding given the element of surprise.

Yeap!

You can blame that on the OC...

They looked too slow on that hurry up as well...

You can blame that on the OC...

They looked too slow on that hurry up as well...

Mine was more of a general comment. I am so tired of watching this offense be the same boring, predicatable, conservative mess. Hackett, Humdinger, Shotty, nothing seems to change. Maybe with a change in QB, we might someday see plays like that.

lol dude, that WAS him trying to throw the ball away. His arm is just so **** that he couldn't get it out. Read the post game comments, both Chad and Mangini say Chad was trying to throw the ball away on that play. Chad blames the WR in the first INT, saying it was a miscommunication.

lol dude, that WAS him trying to throw the ball away. His arm is just so **** that he couldn't get it out. Read the post game comments, both Chad and Mangini say Chad was trying to throw the ball away on that play. Chad blames the WR in the first INT, saying it was a miscommunication.

:) No, no, no, I absolelutey refuse to believe Chad's arm is that weak. He was lying. He was making excuses. High school QBs can throw the ball out of bounds. Captain Hook can throw better with his hook hand. Hanson, the butler played by Chris Elliot in Scary Movie 2, could throw better than that with his shriveled little hand.

:) No, no, no, I absolelutey refuse to believe Chad's arm is that weak. He was lying. He was making excuses. High school QBs can throw the ball out of bounds. Captain Hook can throw better with his hook hand. Hanson, the butler played by Chris Elliot in Scary Movie 2, could throw better than that with his "strong" hand.

POTW NOM!!!

scarymovie_l.jpg

I wonder how many of those 4 compleations actually were thrown for 20 yards or if they were all thrown 4 yards and the runningback or WR/TE caught it after 4 yards and they ran the other 16 + yards and chad got the credit for a 20+ yard pass?

I wonder how many of those 4 compleations actually were thrown for 20 yards or if they were all thrown 4 yards and the runningback or WR/TE caught it after 4 yards and they ran the other 16 + yards and chad got the credit for a 20+ yard pass?

We did this a few weeks ago after the NE game. Smizzy actually took the time to see how many of those "average" 10-yard completions were 10 yards. Can't remember but I think most of them were 5 yards or less & the receiver went 5 more yards with the ball.

We did this a few weeks ago after the NE game. Smizzy actually took the time to see how many of those "average" 10-yard completions were 10 yards. Can't remember but I think most of them were 5 yards or less & the receiver went 5 more yards with the ball.

that is what I figured...

Chad is pretty lucky to have a receiving duo of Coles and Cotchery. Both are fearless and willing to wait for his migrating ducks. Both have great hands and coordination to twist their bodies around to catch balls behind them. Both are excellent runners after the catch to pad his stats.

Chad is pretty lucky to have a receiving duo of Coles and Cotchery. Both are fearless and willing to wait for his migrating ducks. Both have great hands and coordination to twist their bodies around to catch balls behind them. Both are excellent runners after the catch to pad his stats.

How long will it last until they had enough though.

You can say that about any QB though. Considering I saw the highlight show last night (I couldn't see the game, damn Mets' game), I know I saw him complete at least one long one to Cotch and one to Brad Smith, so that's two right there. I'm not defending the ****ty amount of them, just saying that I don't remember any of our receivers other than Cotch in the Ravens game busting one for a long gain yet.

You can say that about any QB though. Considering I saw the highlight show last night (I couldn't see the game, damn Mets' game), I know I saw him complete at least one long one to Cotch and one to Brad Smith, so that's two right there. I'm not defending the ****ty amount of them, just saying that I don't remember any of our receivers other than Cotch in the Ravens game busting one for a long gain yet.

Its not just that, in Baltimore atleast Clemens threw the ball vertical all of chads "long" balls are sideline to sideline.

Its not just that, in Baltimore atleast Clemens threw the ball vertical all of chads "long" balls are sideline to sideline.

He doesn`t throw anything on a line ,he just lofts everything and you can see Coles & Cotchery begging for the thing to come down before they get killed..

Wait a minute. The Jets are allowed to throw it down the field? I thought they were playing with a league mandated handicap. :)

I was thinking the same thing-I remember the couple of Cotchery long plays last year where the long plays were made because of his efforts and not Chad's throws.

Just an FYI, Clemens had 4 completions of passes over 20 yards, including a 50 yarder. On top of that there were 2 pass interference calls on passes over 20 yards. In one game

i would like to see the stats on pass interference calls on the defense last season compared to other nfl teams. Thats a good point, we dont see many interference calls because the ball doesnt travel more then 20 yards, interference calls at many times put teams in great scoring position.

Archived