The all things Chad thread

Ghost

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That means an empty stadium for the remainder of the home games. Take that Woody!

maybe they make the change then, when they realize that their entire fan base, other than a handful, dont want to watch the team anymore with this guy playing QB

That means an empty stadium for the remainder of the home games. Take that Woody!

how can that guy stand up there and actually say it's a collective bad effort when the one guy who's supposed to score TDs can't get it done anymore-and I blame the defense? If I was on that defense I would be saying why bother? too

how can that guy stand up there and actually say it's a collective bad effort when the one guy who's supposed to score TDs can't get it done anymore-and I blame the defense? If I was on that defense I would be saying why bother? too

The question really becomes how long before the D quits and this team falls to an all time low? (I am not sure if there is a level below the one at which we are currently playing)

He's going to lose the defense soon, and then it's really going to get ugly. He'll bring in Clemens when the entire team gives up, and when it's hopeless for the fans too. We have no chance now, we should have won the last 3 games which is what makes it all the more maddening.

He's going to lose the defense soon, and then it's really going to get ugly. He'll bring in Clemens when the entire team gives up, and when it's hopeless for the fans too. We have no chance now, we should have won the last 3 games which is what makes it all the more maddening.

The defense could start making tackles instead of allowing 60+ yard TD's in consecutive weeks due to poor mechanics......lose the defense?...Please.

The defense could start making tackles instead of allowing 60+ yard TD's in consecutive weeks due to poor mechanics......lose the defense?...Please.

Instead of holding opposing teams to below 17 points scored pretty much every week, which is a great target and should result in a lot of wins--the defense is going to start giving up 30 points a game.

Yeah - I won't be able to see it out here, but I'd be interested in hearing if his sick ego still thinks he's the answer.

same old stuff so far....have to stick to our core values to get us through this tough time...last year we were 3-3 at this time this year 1-5 and it comes down to a few plays we didnt make....blah blah blah...

Yeah - I won't be able to see it out here, but I'd be interested in hearing if his sick ego still thinks he's the answer.

we shouldn't even have to be listening to this guy anymore-Mangini is a fool-I'm sorry but it's all on him right now NJ-if he actually still thinks that this inept excuse for an NFL QB still gives him the best chance to win then he needs to be gone after this season

Crap, I just turned on SNY, missed the press conf. They said he was "extremely classy"... what the hell did he say that was extremely classy???

yea extremely classy and totally devoid of any emotion-it's like he doesn't even care anymore

Not that its going to turn the team around or anything, but we need to see what we have with Clemens. This season is now as dead as Chads right arm. IT IS TIME FOR THE SWITCH!!!!

I dont care if we lose the f'n locker room. **** the locker room, that f'n locker room collectively is 1 and freakin 5, with the only win coming against the damn Dolphins... THE COVENTRY JETS could beat the f'n Dolphins!!!!!

This team is a shambles, make the switch and anyone who disagrees , **** them down the road!!!!!!

Cotchery saying it's not only Chad's fault-what's it gonna take for the team to realize this guy can't get it done anymore? Aren't they watching the same games we're all watching or what?

Cotchery is just sticking up for a teamate, no classy player would ever come out and call for his QB to be benched.

Dont look into Cotch's comments too much, I really doubt tahts how he truly feels!!!

Cotchery saying it's not only Chad's fault-what's it gonna take for the team to realize this guy can't get it done anymore? Aren't they watching the same games we're all watching or what?

I think thats it...someone is editing the game film before they watch it...its the only thing I can think of.

he said he knows he cannot throw the length of max's belly anymore

ha ha. I've seen his belly, I hear ya. (Sorry Max) :box:

Yeah WTF. They are all too kind to him. I can't see them bashing Chad on-air, but to say they are just not "clicking"... c'mon this is MORE THEN JUST NOT CLICKING.

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head

And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed

Nothin' seems to fit

Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

:bag:

Don't be sad JetMo.... the sun will come out tomorrow.

So I just did me some talkin' to the sun

And I said I didn't like the way he got things done

Sleepin' on the job

It was called the "Let's not allow Chad Pennington to lose this game" approach.

I liked it..we haven't controlled the clock in a game for a long time...so running the ball effectively should set off an alarm in Schott's head that we need to do more of it...especially against a weak Cincy D.

Don't be sad JetMo.... the sun will come out tomorrow.

So I just did me some talkin' to the sun

And I said I didn't like the way he got things done

Sleepin' on the job

Whats the bets the Sun tells us to go **** ourselves!!!!

It was called the "Let's not allow Chad Pennington to lose this game" approach.

I liked it..we haven't controlled the clock in a game for a long time...so running the ball effectively should set off an alarm in Schott's head that we need to do more of it...especially against a weak Cincy D.

It will not work, just like it did not work today. It will just help not getting blown out. The Jets will never have a running attack that can do for 4 quarters what it did in the first quarter. They have to use any success running to set up passes. Play action, passing (GOD forbid), on first and second downs. They kept trying to run the ball and then the Eagle adjusted. The Jets did not adjust in turn by throwing on first and second downs.

I bet had we called some more PA throws in this game we would have won, they were playing Jones all the way. When we were going PA guys were wide open and they went for big gains.

Further proof that are coaching staff are pack of frickin idiots!!!!

You are correct. Mangini and Shotty should be shot. The Jets could have won this game easily with a little coaching guts.

It will not work, just like it did not work today. It will just help not getting blown out. The Jets will never have a running attack that can do for 4 quarters what it did in the first quarter. They have to use any success running to set up passes. Play action, passing (GOD forbid), on first and second downs. They kept trying to run the ball and then the Eagle adjusted. The Jets did not adjust in turn by throwing on first and second downs.

If this approach was used last year...when Schott had a pair of balls and Chad had a little something in his arm we would have won today.

Pennington aplogists: Feel like justifying Eric Mangini's decision to stick by starting quarterback Chad Pennington? Please insert all excuses for Pennington's horrific performance today (and the previous 2 weeks as well, if you so choose) in this thread. I'll start:

1) If the coaching staff sticks by him, then we should too.

2) If only David Akers had missed his 2 other kicks, we would have surely sent this game into overtime!

3) So what if Chad's passes look more like wounded ducks than ever. He's a Rhode Scholar, for crying out loud!

4) You can't expect Chad to perform without a running game. Oops, that one doesn't apply today....

5) So what if Pennington has a 5-34 career record against top 10 defenses and has never led a comeback of 8+ pts against over .500 teams? Remember what he did in 2002? Yeah, that oughta shut you guys up.

Please feel free to add your own.

Pennington aplogists: Feel like justifying Eric Mangini's decision to stick by starting quarterback Chad Pennington? Please insert all excuses for Pennington's horrific performance today (and the previous 2 weeks as well, if you so choose) in this thread. I'll start:

1) If the coaching staff sticks by him, then we should too.

2) If only David Akers had missed his 2 other kicks, we would have surely sent this game into overtime!

3) So what if Chad's passes look more like wounded ducks than ever. He's a Rhode Scholar, for crying out loud!

4) You can't expect Chad to perform without a running game. Oops, that one doesn't apply today....

5) So what if Pennington has a 5-34 career record against top 10 defenses and has never led a comeback of 8+ pts against over .500 teams? Remember what he did in 2002? Yeah, that oughta shut you guys up.

Please feel free to add your own.

You know, I looked up his 2002 stats. They weren't that good. he had 1 300 yd game and twice he threw 4 tds.

Archived