The all things Chad thread

Ghost

Why the hell is Chad still starting ?

Does he give us the best chance to win ? The answer is no, because we are now 1-4. Clemens' time should be now. Give him the start please, Pennington can't throw for ****. The defense has no respect for him at all, especially when you only threw only three passes for more than 20 yards in the entire season. Seriously, bench Pennington please.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i disagree. if you put clemens in now you'll just create a QB controversy.

let pennington play until the bye week and make the choice for clemens more compelling. if pennington's play continues to be inconsistent until then no one will question the move to clemens. the coaches will still have half a season to evaluate clemens.

let pennington play until the bye week and make the choice for clemens more compelling. if pennington's play continues to be inconsistent until then no one will question the move to clemens. the coaches will still have half a season to evaluate clemens.

LOok dude, im Chads biggest fan, Ive stuck by him always and this is the first time Ive ever really went against him but it is time, we need to get as many games out of kellen to evaluuatte our QB situation in the off-season.

GET A CLUE AND OPEN YOUR EYES. Clemens time is now. What exactly are we waiting for? We are OUT of the playoffs. OUT. I dont want to hear otherwise. No one is digging out of 1-4 in the AFC this year.

Chad is a waste of time.Half the passes he makes are legit jump balls! WR goes up the sideline, Chad throws a jump ball. WTF is that? This is the NFL. Not freekin high school.

Find out in the next 11 games if Clemens has the stuff to be a solid NFL QB. If hes not, we need to know ASAP....If he is (lets hope so), get him learning, taking his lumps now, so next year isnt his "rookie" year. It is imperative that we find out about Clemens. Get him in...now.

Anyone who thinks Chad should remain QB is delusional because there is absolutely no reasons he should be in there. None whatsoever. And save that "he gives us the best chance to win now" garbage. What the hell is the difference between going 6-10 or 8-8? There is none. Its all the same = no playoffs.

GET A CLUE AND OPEN YOUR EYES. Clemens time is now. What exactly are we waiting for? We are OUT of the playoffs. OUT. I dont want to hear otherwise. No one is digging out of 1-4 in the AFC this year.

Chad is a waste of time.Half the passes he makes are legit jump balls! WR goes up the sideline, Chad throws a jump ball. WTF is that? This is the NFL. Not freekin high school.

Find out in the next 11 games if Clemens has the stuff to be a solid NFL QB. If hes not, we need to know ASAP....If he is (lets hope so), get him learning, taking his lumps now, so next year isnt his "rookie" year. It is imperative that we find out about Clemens. Get him in...now.

Anyone who thinks Chad should remain QB is delusional because there is absolutely no reasons he should be in there. None whatsoever. And save that "he gives us the best chance to win now" garbage. What the hell is the difference between going 6-10 or 8-8? There is none. Its all the same = no playoffs.

I agree, it's clear that our Defense can't stop anybody, so start Clemens and get it over with.

I look at it this way, we will never be able to protect a lead with our defense or a QB that doesnt allow for a wide-open offense. We had a lead gift wrapped by Leon, but our offense didnt have time consuming drives that ended with points. Our defense cant stop teams and make them punt. We might as well put Clemens in and throw it down the field, get scores to allow for our D to rest. Just have old fashioned shoot-outs like the 80s games vs San Diego and Miami. If our defense happens to get a stop, all the better.

dude use your brains. give clemens the best chance to succeed.

it's a few weeks. let pennington show he can't play consistently, then the choice will be clear. no controversy. no hard feelings. pennington will be behind the move and continue to help clemens development. the team will belong to clemens. when clemens steps in he'll have plenty of time to prove himself and take his lumps.

the tangini/clemens era will then officially have begun.

This crumb Pennington has ruined our team.

The Running game sux because opposing defensed DO NOT RESPECT THE JETS PASSING GAME.......

Did TJ or Leon lose it overnight? I dont think so.

Crumb had a 10 pt lead.

Gee, that TD pass he threw was a real laser wasnt it??

Talk about lucky pass.

We were up by 10 when I predicted on another thread how he would fork it up for us.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! This guy is ruining my team and I want him on the bench.

Start Clemens...give us hope.

My best friend is a Bills fan. He has hope now that Trent Edwards showed promise.

Maybe Clemens can be our Trent Edwards.

Exactly there is 13 games left Chad has us at 1-4 with our only victory against the stinking Dolphins who appear to be the only team worse then us in our division.So why do we have to wait till we are compleatly done before we bring in KC ,what if you wait till after game 10 to make the change ,then KC goes 6-0 then we`ll` have all the what if`s we went to him sooner maybe we could have made the playoffs .Forget the Past Chads not getting it done this year ,time to move on...

Exactly there is 13 games left Chad has us at 1-4 with our only victory against the stinking Dolphins who appear to be the only team worse then us in our division.So why do we have to wait till we are compleatly done before we bring in KC ,what if you wait till after game 10 to make the change ,then KC goes 6-0 then we`ll` have all the what if`s we went to him sooner maybe we could have made the playoffs .Forget the Past Chads not getting it done this year ,time to move on...

listen I don't know about you but i'm not interested in the Jets just making the playoffs, I want this team to really compete for it all and sadly it won't happen this year even with captain clemens at the helm. haven't you seen the last 5 games? our defense has no answers to anyone and you're in denial if you think we can make the playoffs with it. it needs to be rebuilt and it won't happen for another year or 2 even with aggressive action on Tannenbaum's part. so putting clemens in now isn't going to save the Jet's season.

and i don't need mangini to play clemens now just to satisfy my curiosity as to how he will play. at this point it's irrelevant. in the big picture there's plenty of time for clemens to prove himself.

What?

If Chad was the long term solution, why draft a QB in the second round?

The only controversy will be why was this not done earlier.

2002 was an aberration.

He has never been that good since.

He is Scott Mitchell and the host of other QBs that had one great season.

The time is now to pull the plug. He is 31yo. He does not need more time unless they invent shoulder replacement surgery like in iRobot.

listen I don't know about you but i'm not interested in the Jets just making the playoffs, I want this team to really compete for it all and sadly it won't happen this year even with captain clemens at the helm. haven't you seen the last 5 games? our defense has no answers to anyone and you're in denial if you think we can make the playoffs with it. it needs to be rebuilt and it won't happen for another year or 2 even with aggressive action on Tannenbaum's part. so putting clemens in now isn't going to save the Jet's season.

and i don't need mangini to play clemens now just to satisfy my curiosity as to how he will play. at this point it's irrelevant. in the big picture there's plenty of time for clemens to prove himself.

For starters .How do you know we won`t win with KC till we start him a few games in a row ,we know were not winning with Chad this year "Our 1-4 losing record states that as fact right now. and while saying i`m not interested in making the playoffs ,i`m interested in compeateing for the whole thing (A) we can`t compeate for the whole thing unless we make the playoffs this year & Chads 1-4 start this year is "NOT" leading us in a direction where we will make the playoffs .So lets put in KC before the Draft to see if we have a QBof the future in KC or see if we need to draft 1 in April 08....

This crumb Pennington has ruined our team.

The Running game sux because opposing defensed DO NOT RESPECT THE JETS PASSING GAME.......

Did TJ or Leon lose it overnight? I dont think so.

Crumb had a 10 pt lead.

Gee, that TD pass he threw was a real laser wasnt it??

Talk about lucky pass.

We were up by 10 when I predicted on another thread how he would fork it up for us.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! This guy is ruining my team and I want him on the bench.

Start Clemens...give us hope.

My best friend is a Bills fan. He has hope now that Trent Edwards showed promise.

Maybe Clemens can be our Trent Edwards.

Trent Edwards played the Jets, anybody could look good against the jets, even Eli.

But we NEED to see what Clemens has so we know how to attack our draft or he has a magical year and we go somewhere, we have to know either way.

It's not about emotion it's about being smart. We are 1-4, it's time.

P.S.

I Love Chad as much as any other fan. But DID YOU SEE THOSE F---ING INT'S!??????????

let pennington play

the coaches will still have half a season to evaluate clemens.

Thats great if the only issue was where Clemens capabilities are at the moment. It's not about where he's at now or evaluating him. It's about Clemens learning the game that he can't learn leading the 2nd team on the practice field. The place he's going to mature or bust is on the game field under game conditions. He's not going to learn anything additional standing with a clipboard watching Prince Valiant further master his broadway choreography and throw interceptions. There is no more "Chad will take us to the promised land" insanity so it's time to move forward.

Hopefully there will soon be some pressure from management for Mangini to produce - that will get the trigger pulled and keep the gun pointed.

LOok dude, im Chads biggest fan, Ive stuck by him always and this is the first time Ive ever really went against him but it is time, we need to get as many games out of kellen to evaluuatte our QB situation in the off-season.[/quot Im proud of you irish

Just join the Clemens bandwagon. Today was the last straw for me. The worst part wasn't even the 3 awful interceptions. Time and time again today he put our receivers in very bad situations where injuries could easily come. Chad's ducks are going to take out all of our receivers.

Please, put in Kellen. PLEASE.

What?

If Chad was the long term solution, why draft a QB in the second round?

The only controversy will be why was this not done earlier.

2002 was an aberration.

He has never been that good since.

He is Scott Mitchell and the host of other QBs that had one great season.

The time is now to pull the plug. He is 31yo. He does not need more time unless they invent shoulder replacement surgery like in iRobot.

making the switch now won't help this team win now. let the organization feel comfortable with their move going forward. a few more weeks won't hurt clemens career.

For starters .How do you know we won`t win with KC till we start him a few games in a row ,we know were not winning with Chad this year "Our 1-4 losing record states that as fact right now. and while saying i`m not interested in making the playoffs ,i`m interested in compeateing for the whole thing (A) we can`t compeate for the whole thing unless we make the playoffs this year & Chads 1-4 start this year is "NOT" leading us in a direction where we will make the playoffs .So lets put in KC before the Draft to see if we have a QBof the future in KC or see if we need to draft 1 in April 08....

half a season is enough time to see if we need to draft another QB.

Thats great if the only issue was where Clemens capabilities are at the moment. It's not about where he's at now or evaluating him. It's about Clemens learning the game that he can't learn leading the 2nd team on the practice field. The place he's going to mature or bust is on the game field under game conditions. He's not going to learn anything additional standing with a clipboard watching Prince Valiant further master his broadway choreography and throw interceptions. There is no more "Chad will take us to the promised land" insanity so it's time to move forward.

Hopefully there will soon be some pressure from management for Mangini to produce - that will get the trigger pulled and keep the gun pointed.

too reactionary. too many parts to fix to lay it all on the QB. we all know it's a rebuilding project now. we don't have the pieces to win now or tomorrow. let's give clemens the best chance to succeed. everyone is screaming for clemens because he's there not because he's the real answer to the Jets woes. pennington is the least of this teams problems, it's just that unfortunately the other problems can't be fixed until the offseason.

let calm heads prevail.

too reactionary. too many parts to fix to lay it all on the QB. we all know it's a rebuilding project now. we don't have the pieces to win now or tomorrow. let's give clemens the best chance to succeed. everyone is screaming for clemens because he's there not because he's the real answer to the Jets woes. pennington is the least of this teams problems, it's just that unfortunately the other problems can't be fixed until the offseason.

let calm heads prevail.

I'm going to disagree with the "Pennington is the least of the Jets problems." The Jets do in fact have A LOT of problems. Unfortunately, Pennington is the most glaring and obvious one. His ducks are either going to end up in INTs or injuries to our receivers.

Fortunately, although QB is currently our biggest problem -yes bigger than the defense- it's also our most easily resolved problem.

Quite simply. Put in Clemens. The receivers (now including Smith) are very strong. The offensive line is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. That line will give Clemens time to throw the ball down field. Having that threat alone will help free up the running game and make us less predictable.

PLEASE, PUT IN CLEMENS.

let calm heads prevail.

YOU KEEP SAYING HE`S NOT THE REAL ANSWER ! HOW TO YOU KNOW THAT UNTIL YOU PUT HIM IN A FEW CONSECTUTIVE GAMES & GIVE HIM A CHANCE .HOW MUCH WORSE THEN CHAD CAN HE BE RIGHT NOW 1-4 & WHAT DOES CHAD HAVE 5 INT`S IN 2 WEEKS! THAT STAT ALONE SAYS HE IS NOT GETTING THE JOB DON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU KEEP SAYING HE`S NOT THE REAL ANSWER ! HOW TO YOU KNOW THAT UNTIL YOU PUT HIM IN A FEW CONSECTUTIVE GAMES & GIVE HIM A CHANCE .HOW MUCH WORSE THEN CHAD CAN HE BE RIGHT NOW 1-4 & WHAT DOES CHAD HAVE 5 INT`S IN 2 WEEKS! THAT STAT ALONE SAYS HE IS NOT GETTING THE JOB DON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have completely missed his point. He's not saying Clemens isn't better than Chad RIGHT NOW. He's saying that we have many major problems. A porous D, absolutely zero running game, etc for a simple QB switch to solve them all. Many people on here think that a QB with an arm will solve everything, but I'm with Rick on this one. I don't mind them switching to Clemens now, I just do not think it's mandatory.

Why the hell is Chad still starting ?

Does he give us the best chance to win ? The answer is no, because we are now 1-4. Clemens' time should be now. Give him the start please, Pennington can't throw for ****. The defense has no respect for him at all, especially when you only threw only three passes for more than 20 yards in the entire season. Seriously, bench Pennington please.

You are going to get the CHADANISTAS all stirred up! They will be forced to rush to his defense and start the moaning and groaning!

PS: I agree with you!

It's not mandatory, but it should happen.

Chad is taking steps back every week. It may be because he's banged up, but it's true. Clemens could be a spark, and even if he's not, at least we get a real long look at him. That QB spot of the future needs to be examined right now.

Chad got a TD from his defense and a TD from his special teams, yet canceled it all out by lofting up three awful INT's. I just don't trust Chad at all anymore. I'm also really getting nervous about our receivers health. Every week Pennington puts people in harms way. At some point, it's going to really bite us.

I'm one of the biggest Chad lover's around, but after seeing the throw picked off by Ross I turned to a buddy and said "That's the throw that is going to cost Chad his job". After seeing that entire progression, the three step drop, being flat footed and throwing off his back foot shows a few things. His mechanics are totally off and has no confidence in what is going on in the offense. As I said, he brings the best chance to win, but throwing balls like that and the ball he threw at the end of the Bills' game makes me start wondering what is going on.

That being said, Chad lovers like myself have to start worrying and wonder when is his time up. Lets get the facts together guys, the guy is injured prone and we can hang his hat that he's not hurt and we aren't forced to bench him because of it. Lets give this guy a clipboard and let KC show his stuff. Worst comes to worst we'll see what we have and we could find a trading partner for Chad (Bears, Bills, Dolphins, 49ers, Vikings) and hope to get a 3rd or 4th rounder next season. I feel bad because this guy has really poured his heart and soul for the team and fans, and he's taking too much heat from the media and fans for his play. But it maybe time to just move on and bring up the kid.

dude use your brains. give clemens the best chance to succeed.

it's a few weeks. let pennington show he can't play consistently, then the choice will be clear. no controversy. no hard feelings. pennington will be behind the move and continue to help clemens development. the team will belong to clemens. when clemens steps in he'll have plenty of time to prove himself and take his lumps.

the tangini/clemens era will then officially have begun.

"Let him show he can't play consistently"....what do you call what he has been doing ?

"Let him show he can't play consistently"....what do you call what he has been doing ?

yeah i hear what you're saying but 2 bad games isn't enough to bench him for clemens. let it ride a few more weeks. besides maybe the other parts of the team will step it up meanwhile, which would also help clemens if he comes in.

Waiting until the bye week, given our start, could be about the dumbest thing possible. Give Clemens a couple of starts. He will likely have his share of bumps in the road those first 4 games. Then he gets extra time in the form of a bye week to work on a couple of things that time will prevent working on when the team is doing nothing but focusing on a matchup 5 days away.

After consecutive 4th-quarter meltdowns from Pennington, Mangini couldn't have been asked for a better scenario to make the switch. There is NO controversy right now. But if Pennington puts in his 90 QB rating dumpoff clinic & wins 1-2 games in the next 4, THEN it makes it more controversial. Particularly if the Washington game goes our way. There's still no shot at a superbowl, but now there is "controversy" with the switch.

NO ONE with a level head would rip Mangini for switching to Clemens right away.

The reality is this wasn't a superbowl team before we faced the Patriots week one. It was not going to turn into one during this season. The opportunity to make the switch from an immensely popular QB has been handed to Mangini on a silver platter.

Archived