I Need New Music- Suggestions?

Smizzy

Idk but all 3 vids work for me. That happens wid my dads laptop when it says their not available dont know why but yeah Let the Drummer Kick is a sick song.

Yeah, those videos work when I watch them through the link on youtube.com but not when embedded on this website for some reason. Maybe it's only me. My bad.

Jaspegs, only that last video works. The others say they are not available or something like that. That last song was awesome, though.

P.S. Smizzy- any thrash metal? The likes of Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer?

That last video was Citizen Cope, off his first (I think) CD, selftitled.

Wilco - Jesus Etc.

cBhj73WtiZU

Spoon - I Summon You

46oWOvFAIBA

Cut Copy - Nobody Lost, Nobody Found

BDAN6EsBhVQ

Side Note: Cut Copy has the album of the year right now. It's called "In Ghost Colours" It's 80's/70's type dance electronic but redone and redone VERY well. This is coming from someone who wouldn't be caught dead at a rave.

This is the kind of thread I always end up discovering new music from.... it's the best thing about the "long tail" and music.... before u had to read in a magazine or hunt around in a record store to find something cool -- which made the choices always subject to the "gatekeeping" of editors and music store buyers and etc... -- which would lead inevitably to mediocrity and the prevalence of "poser music" -- i.e. stuff that you want to like because you think it's cool, not because you really like it. Music journalism especially creates high-profiles for really lame stuff, because journalists are always looking behind their backs, trying to profile something that they think in 2 years people will think they were cool for liking "way back when".... I GREATLY prefer the democratic nature of threads like these, where people simply list their tastes and you can just look something up on itunes or youtube and check it out for yourself....

These days I'm really into techno and techno/rock and stuff like that -- try searching for these songs:

Thomas Falke "Revolution On The Dance Floor"

Groove Cutter "My Shooter"

Control One "Just A Little Bit"

Ian Carey "Redlight"

Kevin Weg "Dead Radio"

I don't usually go for techno but these are sort of like a wierd crossover between rock and techno/trance.

Here are also some downloads with some other cool stuff too -- http://www.electricfilebox.com/tracks

I'm tired of my play lists and I'm looking to expand my music library..

Currently I have everything from Wu-Tang to Skynyrd to Chopin

Suggest some great songs

lil wayne tha carteriii

lil wayne tha drought 4 and 5

lil wayne dedication 2

lilweezyana

rayj sexy can i

mike jones drop and gimme 50

flo rida

currency all tha good stuff ya dig

lil wayne tha carteriii

lil wayne dedication 2

lilweezyana

rayj sexy can i

flo rida

I'm pretty sure Smizzy is looking for music for straight people over the age of 12, but thanks for playing.

lil wayne tha carteriii

lil wayne dedication 2

lilweezyana

rayj sexy can i

flo rida

I'd much sooner suggest he cut off his ears.

Flo and Eddie did all the background vocals on those T-Rex albums. I think Springsteen borrowed them on Hungry Heart.

Cool find:

NZNneDcsVxA&feature=related

you are correct sir Flo and Eddie were The Turtles of Happy Together fame...the older dudes in Garwood used to tell us stories about all the great concerts they'd been to JM. They were 4 years older than us and got to see ALL the greats the Doors, Janis, Jimi, Zep for a buck in Central Park Jethro Tull and Mark Bolan got literally laughed off the stage trying to pull that sitting down on the edge of the stage act.

and Mark Bolan got literally laughed off the stage trying to pull that sitting down on the edge of the stage act.

:lol:

Yeah, alot of his songs were cheezy. But in retrospect, it's cool in it's own little way. I think the Stones It's only rock and roll uses the same chords as bang a gong.

:lol:

Yeah, alot of his songs were cheezy. But in retrospect, it's cool in it's own little way. I think the Stones It's only rock and roll uses the same chords as bang a gong.

I tried to like him back then when I was in HS but he just didn't have the songs like Bowie The Kinks or Elton John had in the same genre. Jeepster and Bang a Gong were OK

I haven't even thought of that song in 35 years

There's more on the way. Just glad that you even know Bolan and "Spaceball Ricochet". Here is another favorite band of mine from the 70s: Uriah Heep. Check out the awesome singing in "The Shadows and the Wind" from "Wonderworld".

GUlWBqGMDk4

Flo and Eddie did all the background vocals on those T-Rex albums. I think Springsteen borrowed them on Hungry Heart.

Cool find:

NZNneDcsVxA&feature=related

I think they were called "The Phlorescent Leech & Eddie" back in the good old acid days. The following version of "Rock On" by T-Rex is interesting because it's minus the Flo & Eddie background vocals. This track sound bluesier, which suits Marc's voice. Hope you guys like it as much as me.

WtESO8Ald30

There's more on the way. Just glad that you even know Bolan and "Spaceball Ricochet". Here is another favorite band of mine from the 70s: Uriah Heep. Check out the awesome singing in "The Shadows and the Wind" from "Sweet Freedom".

GUlWBqGMDk4

The Wizard by Uriah Heep was a great song

Since you have eclectic musical taste, you might appreciate "Butcher Baby" by The Plasmatics. Released in 1980 on "New Hope for the Wretched", this tune still maintains its power and raw energy. (RIP, Wendy.) Here's the only vid of the song I could find. "Butcher Baby"--albeit a brief snippet--starts at approx. 1:33 into the vid.

nSZ_9QwKBZc

You might also like "Pretty Vacant" by the Sex Pistols.

Since you have eclectic musical taste, you might appreciate "Butcher Baby" by The Plasmatics. Released in 1980 on "New Hope for the Wretched", this tune still maintains its power and raw energy. (RIP, Wendy.) Here's the only vid of the song I could find. "Butcher Baby"--albeit a brief snippet--starts at approx. 1:33 into the vid.

nSZ_9QwKBZc

You might also like "Pretty Vacant" by the Sex Pistols.

you ever see that women's prison movie she starred in Boro?

you ever see that women's prison movie she starred in Boro?

"Borgo", please. Yeah, the movie you're talking about is "Reform School Girls". This is one of those movies that's so bad it's good. Wendy is one of my rock idols just for how truly insane she was. Here's a clip from the flick. There is some cursing so watch it if you're at work.

WAFb6NdMPE8

Hey Smizzy, you should try out pandora radio at pandora.com if you don't already. You tell them one of your favorite artists and then they suggest music within the same genre for you to enjoy. It's a good way to find some bands that sound like whatever you're currently listening to. It's also good for the computer because it's got good audio and you don't have to keep going back to a site to change you to a different song, it does it automatically.

• 1 month later...

AWESOME SONG! It's an 11 minute epic. Give it til the 6th minute, if you're not hooked by then, then I don't know what's wrong with you.

Band: Wolf Parade

Song: Kissing the Beehive

2shLapSNr0U

The rest of this album is great as well. It came out a few weeks ago, it's called "At Mount Zoomer". Check it out, it's a winner.

i listen 2 real music

not a bunch of dudes wearin girl jeans and make up

and screamin into a mic

that takes no talent at all

and those rocker emo cats dont even write they own stuff

u actually call lil wayne talent all he does is talk and he rhymes the same words together... the background is all electronics and i bet he pays someone to do it for him.. its funny how u say "emo" is no talent but they have instruments and stuff.. emo doesnt scream either, also u say they dont write there own stuff is stupid all of them start out with no money and are high school kids who writes their music? i admit the few bands that make the radio are gay and sellout and ppl do write their stuff but what i listen to scream/metal no one writes there music...

little weasel sounds horrible and hes gay..

lil wayne lollipop lryics

Okay, lil mama had a swag like mine

Even wear her hair down her back like mine

I make her feel right when its wrong like lyin

Man, she ain never had a love like mine

did he just rhyme mine wit mine liek 3 times?

Archived