Goodell plans Bowl change

billybroome

WTF is this idiot thinking!! :o

Flawed Bowl-ing plans

By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports

October 18, 2007

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's suggestion last month that the league should consider moving the Pro Bowl to the weekend before the Super Bowl has received lukewarm reaction.

"So what happens to the guys who make the Pro Bowl who are on the Super Bowl teams?" said Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, an eight-time Pro Bowler and member of the franchise's 2000 championship team. "They can't play? No way, that's not gonna fly."

Goodell's motivation for moving the game up is to generate more interest for the poorly viewed event by capitalizing on the excitement surrounding the playoffs and the upcoming Super Bowl.

"I don't know what you can do, but it's so hard when players and coaches are worried about getting hurt," Jacksonville Jaguars running back Fred Taylor said.

Along those lines, 13 combined Super Bowl participants of the Indianapolis Colts and Chicago Bears

This can't be serious. The best two teams can't partake int he Pro Bowl.

Oh my! That would be bad. How about playing it at halftime of the Super Bowl???

That would be a horrendous mistake Max. You know that. I know that. The only guy who doesn't is the commissioner.

That would be a horrendous mistake Max. You know that. I know that. The only guy who doesn't is the commissioner.

I guess from the NFLs point of view by doing this they could actually make this an event that people watch if it was earlier. But so many people are banged up after a full season, they are going to just go ahead and play in the pro bowl? Not sure if it is possible but the quality of the game might actually be worse if they do that.

I guess from the NFLs point of view by doing this they could actually make this an event that people watch if it was earlier. But so many people are banged up after a full season, they are going to just go ahead and play in the pro bowl? Not sure if it is possible but the quality of the game might actually be worse if they do that.

Well between you, me, and a fence post, I rarely watch the Pro Bowl. It's a meaningless game only slightly better than a pre-season game.

Its time to end the Pro Bowl.

Have your 1st team all start, 2nd team and 3rd team. This way the players who had a great season will be awarded for their accomplishments instead of some 5th or 6th best QB getting a pro bowl invite because 2 or 3 other QB's were "hurt" and couldnt attend.

Fans dont care. Players dont care. Time to move on. I would rather watch an awards show for NFL players than the Pro Bowl.

It's a case of ruining the REAL games to get a few ratings points on the fake one. Just like in baseball.

Its time to end the Pro Bowl.

Have your 1st team all start, 2nd team and 3rd team. This way the players who had a great season will be awarded for their accomplishments instead of some 5th or 6th best QB getting a pro bowl invite because 2 or 3 other QB's were "hurt" and couldnt attend.

Fans dont care. Players dont care. Time to move on. I would rather watch an awards show for NFL players than the Pro Bowl.

I could give a **** about the Pro Bowl. It is time to move on. Just because baseball started it with the valid and entertaining All Star game doesn't mean the NFL has to follow.

Archived