Nice game Boar Hunter

4HCrew

Made a few nice tackles but nothing spectacular. He is now playing in a 43 Defense. I still do not understand why Mangini took a 43 MLB and try to form him into a 34 ILB. At least they realized a year into it that it wasn't going to happen. Best of luck to him.

Made a few nice tackles but nothing spectacular. He is now playing in a 43 Defense. I still do not understand why Mangini took a 43 MLB and try to form him into a 34 ILB. At least they realized a year into it that it wasn't going to happen. Best of luck to him.

This is what pisses me off. I don't want mangini fired, I still think he can get the job done. However, if he continues to be so arrogant and believe he can just stick whatever athlete in whatever scheme, he is mistaken. Mangini has not put the personal the jets have in a position to win. It's been evident in the players that he has chosen in the draft and fa. We have decent, not great, but decent players and the coach is not using them right.

well... he was playing against the Jets.... our offense sucks.

this was his superbowl. Now he will be a piece of crap the rest of his career.

Actually, he had a better statistical game against the Chiefs last week and has made several tackles for loss ( 5 maybe ) against the run in the past two games. This playing primarily on running downs.

Actually, if you look back at most of the draft experts opinions Schlegel was only capable of playing in the 3-4. This is one of the few examples of Mangini NOT trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

He didn't do much today from what I saw...but I wasn't really paying close attention.

He made 4 tackles 3 solos one assist one was a tackle for a loss that came on the Cotchery end around. Hmmmm lets see that means Schlegel made an open field tackle, behind the LOS, on a wide reciever. Its a good thing the Jets cut his unathletic ass.:confused:

He made 4 tackles 3 solos one assist one was a tackle for a loss that came on the Cotchery end around. Hmmmm lets see that means Schlegel made an open field tackle, behind the LOS, on a wide reciever. Its a good thing the Jets cut his unathletic ass.:confused:

he made 2 good plays... against a ****ty offense.. it's not that special.

he made 2 good plays... against a ****ty offense.. it's not that special.

How many good plays did Vilma make today?

Schlegel made exactly the same number of plays as Barton and Harris one more than Vilma and he was on the field less (he didnt play in the two minute D at the end of either half and the Bengals held the ball for about 8 minutes longer than the Jets)

How many good plays has Kassell made this season?

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true

I believe that all I was trying to prove was that Schlegel actually did not have his "Super Bowl" this week against the Jets and that despite everyone here's confidence that the guy didnt have NFL caliber talent he has been making plays against the run against some pretty decent RBs.

I believe that all I was trying to prove was that Schlegel actually did not have his "Super Bowl" this week against the Jets and that despite everyone here's confidence that the guy didnt have NFL caliber talent he has been making plays against the run against some pretty decent RBs.

I used a Homer Simpson quote to say you are using facts to prove I was wrong......

didnt question what you said.... guess you arent a simpsons fan...:P

I used a Homer Simpson quote to say you are using facts to prove I was wrong......

didnt question what you said.... guess you arent a simpsons fan...:P

Ooops . . . sorry I missed that. I used to love the Simpson's but stopped watching when my kids got old enough to repeat things -- i didnt need a three year old running around telling his grandparents to kiss his butt.

Ooops . . . sorry I missed that. I used to love the Simpson's but stopped watching when my kids got old enough to repeat things -- i didnt need a three year old running around telling his grandparents to kiss his butt.

well... the show has sucked since season 10.... but I still watch. Guess I accept mediocrity in all forms of entertainment.:)

Schlegel made exactly the same number of plays as Barton and Harris one more than Vilma and he was on the field less (he didnt play in the two minute D at the end of either half and the Bengals held the ball for about 8 minutes longer than the Jets)

PLUS Schlegels team won! He was instrumental in stopping TJ & Leon when it counted! Why try to dump on SCHLEGEL? It maskes no sense! ( not referring to you Gibbon but the originator of this thread 4HCREW)

PLUS Schlegels team won! He was instrumental in stopping TJ & Leon when it counted! Why try to dump on SCHLEGEL? It maskes no sense! ( not referring to you Gibbon but the originator of this thread 4HCREW)

Because there are a boatload of posters on this and every other board who have a lot invested in Anthony Schlegel being an utter and complete bust at the NFL level. They said as much, early and often. Interestingly enough these opinoins were based upon lack of information since all we really had to go on was that he saw little or no playing time here with the Jets.

But never mind! These people all knew for a stone cold fact that Schlegel was so awful that he was not even good enough to play in Canada or the Arene league let alone in the NFL. The few peoiple who said hold on, wait a minute and let's see just how bad he is on the field were eviscerated by the army of Schlegel haters.

I am guessing that if he actually hangs around and has a career in this league that a bunch of people are going to hope that nobody uses the search feature to resurrect just how sure they were that he was a bust.

Because there are a boatload of posters on this and every other board who have a lot invested in Anthony Schlegel being an utter and complete bust at the NFL level. They said as much, early and often. Interestingly enough these opinoins were based upon lack of information since all we really had to go on was that he saw little or no playing time here with the Jets.

But never mind! These people all knew for a stone cold fact that Schlegel was so awful that he was not even good enough to play in Canada or the Arene league let alone in the NFL. The few peoiple who said hold on, wait a minute and let's see just how bad he is on the field were eviscerated by the army of Schlegel haters.

I am guessing that if he actually hangs around and has a career in this league that a bunch of people are going to hope that nobody uses the search feature to resurrect just how sure they were that he was a bust.

I am guessing that if he actually hangs around and has a career in this league that a bunch of people are going to hope that nobody uses the search feature to resurrect just how sure they were that he was a bust.[/quote

Yeah, where are all those smart guys like ecurb and PeterNorth telling me how much Schlegel sucks, how he couldnt make it in the arena league, how he was strictly practice squad material etc.

Oh well, I didnt expect them to have the sack to actually post anything worthwhile here.

I am guessing that if he actually hangs around and has a career in this league that a bunch of people are going to hope that nobody uses the search feature to resurrect just how sure they were that he was a bust.[/quote

Yeah, where are all those smart guys like ecurb and PeterNorth telling me how much Schlegel sucks, how he couldnt make it in the arena league, how he was strictly practice squad material etc.

Oh well, I didnt expect them to have the sack to actually post anything worthwhile here.

Gibbon, you know i didnt have very much to post about him in tc, because he never really saw the field at all last summer, except for playing on some STs, where he did okay.

It's as if the CS never gave him a chance to make the team. They seemed to hold his mistakes from last year against him. This CS is very unforgiving when players dont toe the line, or make mistakes. Dyson was a healthy scratch yesterday, Baker was left behind for speaking to the media, kendall in the rookie dorm, McC has rarely seen the field after dropping the ball vs the Ravens. They should try being tough on the CS for screwing up, too.

The only guy who hasnt been touched by the CS is Pennington. They havent gotten a good NT because their money is tied up in D-Rob. They even took Vilma out yesterday for being ineffective. Schlegel may not ever be an all-star, but he can make some plays against the run, which is big weakness on this Jets team.

So, it is fair to say they didnt even try to put Schlegel in a position to succeed, which is their chief failure of this season- not putting their players in a position to succeed.

It shows that there is more talent on the team than they knew, but they havent properly utilized the talent they have.

Gibbon, you know i didnt have very much to post about him in tc, because he never really saw the field at all last summer, except for playing on some STs, where he did okay.

It's as if the CS never gave him a chance to make the team. They seemed to hold his mistakes from last year against him. This CS is very unforgiving when players dont toe the line, or make mistakes. Dyson was a healthy scratch yesterday, Baker was left behind for speaking to the media, kendall in the rookie dorm, McC has rarely seen the field after dropping the ball vs the Ravens. They should try being tough on the CS for screwing up, too.

The only guy who hasnt been touched by the CS is Pennington. They havent gotten a good NT because their money is tied up in D-Rob. They even took Vilma out yesterday for being ineffective. Schlegel may not ever be an all-star, but he can make some plays against the run, which is big weakness on this Jets team.

So, it is fair to say they didnt even try to put Schlegel in a position to succeed, which is their chief failure of this season- not putting their players in a position to succeed.

It shows that there is more talent on the team than they knew, but they havent properly utilized the talent they have.

Yeah buddy - this Emperor Tojo crap only works well in certain scenarios. Mangini learned it from BB and and obviously it works for BB. When Mangini has SB rings on most of his fingers it might work for him too. It's not working now. It's a load of crap as he's yet to make the one change that could actually have a major impact. Pennington has done some regal schwansing on the field but he keeps giving him the football because he's also the biggest cheerleader.

POTW Nomination

Yeah buddy - this Emperor Tojo crap only works well in certain scenarios. Mangini learned it from BB and and obviously it works for BB. When Mangini has SB rings on most of his fingers it might work for him too. It's not working now. It's a load of crap as he's yet to make the one change that could actually have a major impact. Pennington has done some regal schwansing on the field but he keeps giving him the football because he's also the biggest cheerleader.

POTW Nomination

Hmmm . . . if Schlegel is a mediocre player on a terrible defense after recording 15 tackles 5 for loss over the last three games what does that make Vilma who has recorded 14 tackles over the last three games and none for a loss?

FWIW, I'm not saying the Jets cut a future hall of famer or ProBowler. I'm just saying they cut Schlegel without giving him a chance to do what they drafted him to do -- be a run stopping LB -- and he is in the process of proving he can be a good run stuffing LB.

Hmmm . . . if Schlegel is a mediocre player on a terrible defense after recording 15 tackles 5 for loss over the last three games what does that make Vilma who has recorded 14 tackles over the last three games and none for a loss?

FWIW, I'm not saying the Jets cut a future hall of famer or ProBowler. I'm just saying they cut Schlegel without giving him a chance to do what they drafted him to do -- be a run stopping LB -- and he is in the process of proving he can be a good run stuffing LB.

Jetcane:

I always apprecieted the Schlegel info you were able to get me -- I know there wasnt much. I'm certainly not happy with the Jets coaching staff decisions -- cutting Schlegel was certainly not the biggest mistake I think they made. Its just that it seemed stupid to the point of foolish to cut a guy you drafted in the 3rd round without ever giving him a chance to play LB in a regular season game, particularly when it would have only cost you Brad Kassell or Cody Spencer (two tough hard working guys, but lets face it they were practically free and not particularly valuable).

I have a feeling that Schlegel's PT will go down when Brooks etc come back, but the guy has proven he can be effective against the run even in a system that most didnt think he could play in.

Jetcane:

I always apprecieted the Schlegel info you were able to get me -- I know there wasnt much. I'm certainly not happy with the Jets coaching staff decisions -- cutting Schlegel was certainly not the biggest mistake I think they made. Its just that it seemed stupid to the point of foolish to cut a guy you drafted in the 3rd round without ever giving him a chance to play LB in a regular season game, particularly when it would have only cost you Brad Kassell or Cody Spencer (two tough hard working guys, but lets face it they were practically free and not particularly valuable).

I have a feeling that Schlegel's PT will go down when Brooks etc come back, but the guy has proven he can be effective against the run even in a system that most didnt think he could play in.

Archived