Is today the day it happens?

SeniorFlaJet

Wednesday is the first day of the week they start practicing for Sunday's game.

Will Clemens take over as starting QB for the Jets? We will find out probably by the afternoon by the media who briefly attend the practice and certainly by whichever

QB gives the press conference.

I am coming up for Sunday's game and if it is Clemens it will be interesting to

see the fans reaction to this. At least the trip won't be a waste of time.

Hopefully today or tomorrow will be the day that Mangini announces the change that has needed to be made for a few weeks now.

These final 9 games will hopefully give us some insight into what type of Quarterback Kellen Clemens will be for this franchise. If he struggles mightily then the Jets could very well take a serious look at Brian Brohm, Andre Woodson and Matt Ryan.

Hopefully today or tomorrow will be the day that Mangini announces the change that has needed to be made for a few weeks now.

These final 9 games will hopefully give us some insight into what type of Quarterback Kellen Clemens will be for this franchise. If he struggles mightily then the Jets could very well take a serious look at Brian Brohm, Andre Woodson and Matt Ryan.

bet ya 1 dollar he doesn't announce it at all. He'll call it a 'game time decision' at best.

I'd love to see KC get the nod though, would make it fun to watch for a change, if only by making it interesting.

bet ya 1 dollar he doesn't announce it at all. He'll call it a 'game time decision' at best.

I'd love to see KC get the nod though, would make it fun to watch for a change, if only by making it interesting.

That might have made sense, but his weekly "Chad is the starting qb" statements make it seem like there is an impending KC start. I would have expected weekly "no comments" in the Mangini fashion.

You may be right knowing Mangini. The only thing I will be looking for is that

Wednesday they usually interview the QB and its always Chad. He will know

already if he will be benched. I don't think Eric will leave him hanging until game time.

What Eric tells the press is a different story. Interesting see how Chad comes across.

The only announcement that would make this game fun to watch would be an announcement that there will be free beer for all at the game sunday, And lapdances from the flight crew.

I'm starting to, Joe. I know you think it's all Pennington's fault, but you're wrong.

It's a system-wide failure. Who's in charge of the system?

Hey now, I don't think its all Pennington, I just think he plays a large part in it. Its also the defenses inability to stay consistent. One week they hold the opposing team to 16 or 17 and the next week its 28 or 31.

Hey now, I don't think its all Pennington, I just think he plays a large part in it. Its also the defenses inability to stay consistent. One week they hold the opposing team to 16 or 17 and the next week its 28 or 31.

Truth. Another thing about the defense..they always seem to give up just enough points for us to lose. Yes, that falls on the offense for not being able to score more, but, when the offense does score more, the defense gives more up. It's the opposite of last year, when they'd give up just enough for us to stay in it and win--that bend but dont break style defense.

Like you said 124, some weeks they're bend but dont break, and some they just break.

Truth. Another thing about the defense..they always seem to give up just enough points for us to lose. Yes, that falls on the offense for not being able to score more, but, when the offense does score more, the defense gives more up. It's the opposite of last year, when they'd give up just enough for us to stay in it and win--that bend but dont break style defense.

Like you said 124, some weeks they're bend but dont break, and some they just break.

It also doesn't help when Pick Six Pennington throws, well, a Pick Six, or a 4th quarter interception or two.;-)

The "System" was fine last year Bob ,What do you think is the cause of this year ? If not chad and not being able to go down field and spread the D.

If that's the only thing you see wrong, you're not paying attention.

It also doesn't help when Pick Six Pennington throws, well, a Pick Six, or a 4th quarter interception or two.;-)

Well those don't help the Patriots either. Or, I suppose in Sundays case, the team taking it back for a pick six ;)

If that's the only thing you see wrong, you're not paying attention.
I pay very close attention ,The d-line is awful for sure but Chad has had pretty good o-line help the last couple of games .But until chad can spread the field he will keep this team from moving foward,and teams will game plan agianst chad's Arm and not his brain.

The "System" was fine last year Bob ,What do you think is the cause of this year ? If not chad and not being able to go down field and spread the D.

Well, if going by your reasoning that the system was fine last year, CP is not really throwing any worse this year, he wasn't throwing downfield more last year, so why is he a problem this season even though he mostly did the same thing last year and led us to 10-6 and the playoffs.

Here is the "system" we had last year and why it is not fine this year compared to last year and why there are much bigger problems then qb, this is the short and general explanation, and i can't see how anyone would disagree with any of it.

Our defense was poor last year, it has gotten worse this year with another year under our belt and 2 new players we paid up in the draft for. Is it the DC, is it the 3-4, is it the wrong players in the wrong scheme? Who knows, but fact is it was not good last year, it is terrible this year, it is not the same defense that was on the field last season.

Our Oline was not great last year, it is worse this year after the Kendall debacle, which has led to a lot more pressure on the qb and killed the running game which leads us too....

Our running game was crap last year, it is the same or maybe worse this year even with the addition of TJ mostly because the oline is not doing much in the way of run blocking

So LI Mike, i don't think things were fine last year, and i don't think things are better this year or even as good as they were last year, and i don't think the qb has played worse then he did last year, actually if you isolate him and account for the breakdown in the oline protection he is dealing with and the fact that the defense is putting him in terrible position having to score in the final 2 minutes every game where he throws the pick, he has done at least as well as last year, one of the few spots on the team where that can be said.

You do realize that most of those picks you love to refer to come late in the fourth when CP has to chuck it downfield in a hurry to catch up. If the defense does their part CP is not in that position.

The Bengals scored 38 points yesterday, 38! If you think it is on CP for not scoring 39 to win then you are fooling yourself. You can not expect an offense to have to go out there and score 40 points a game to get a W and put it on them if they don't. It was Kenny EFFING Watson running all over us.

I will say the jets need to switch to KC, but not in any way because of chad's play, he didn't make us 1-6, not by a long shot. There are a lot of players in that locker room who take the blame for CP losing his job here, and CP really isn't one of them, that is the sad truth.

You do realize that most of those picks you love to refer to come late in the fourth when CP has to chuck it downfield in a hurry to catch up. If the defense does their part CP is not in that position.

The Bengals scored 38 points yesterday, 38! If you think it is on CP for not scoring 39 to win then you are fooling yourself. You can not expect an offense to have to go out there and score 40 points a game to get a W and put it on them if they don't. It was Kenny EFFING Watson running all over us.

I will say the jets need to switch to KC, but not in any way because of chad's play, he didn't make us 1-6, not by a long shot. There are a lot of players in that locker room who take the blame for CP losing his job here, and CP really isn't one of them, that is the sad truth.

Actually it was what, 28? And this is the defense the Browns scored 50 something points on. And we were ahead when Chad threw those INTs to the Bills and Giants.

It's true the defense is bad, but it's also true that the Patriots routinely give up 20+ points a game and still win by 20+ points.

Actually it was what, 28? And this is the defense the Browns scored 50 something points on. And we were ahead when Chad threw those INTs to the Bills and Giants.

It's true the defense is bad, but it's also true that the Patriots routinely give up 20+ points a game and still win by 20+ points.

I love how people just make things up and type them thinking how nobody will notice, or they don't feel like checking their facts before they type. So the patriots ROUTINELY give up 20+ points a game? They did it 2 times this year, once against the cowboys who are the best nfc team, one of the best teams in the league, and were undefeated at that meeting i think. The other was against the fish, you know, the gaqme they were up 42-7 at halftime, the game where brady got pulled. Do you think the pats cared about garbage time tds? BTW, in that game, at 42-14 NE is pulling out starters, and cassel throws an int that is run back for a td to make it 42-21, had NE not pulled starters on both sides of the ball and had NE cared about shutting MIA down completely from open to close then MIA probably would not have scored more then one td, fact.

Besides, why would you consider comparing the jets to the patriots. And what was 28? The bengals scored 38. And are you trying to ay our defense didn't do too bad because the browns allowed 50 points to the bengals compared to our 38? Do you really want to make that into a positive acheivement on our part that we did better then the effing browns?

One thing that you overlook here is that the two minute offense is critical to a teams success. The Jets do not have a 2 minute offense that works. Watch the better QB's in the league and they can lead their teams down the field in a minimal number of plays. The Jets need 15 plays to move down the field and just do not get it done. Chad has taken the field late in 4 straight games, with a chance to tie or take the lead and has failed every single time, 100%. That is unacceptable. I realize that the D is putrid and is just as responsible as Chad for the horrible record, but he has failed miserably when the team needed him to overcome adversity this year.

One thing that you overlook here is that the two minute offense is critical to a teams success. The Jets do not have a 2 minute offense that works. Watch the better QB's in the league and they can lead their teams down the field in a minimal number of plays. The Jets need 15 plays to move down the field and just do not get it done. Chad has taken the field late in 4 straight games, with a chance to tie or take the lead and has failed every single time, 100%. That is unacceptable. I realize that the D is putrid and is just as responsible as Chad for the horrible record, but he has failed miserably when the team needed him to overcome adversity this year.

Yeah the 2 minute offense is important, and last year we ran that and the no huddle pretty darn well. Fast forward this year where the pocket collapses when the opposing D knows we are throwing down field in the hurry up and you get crazy pressure and picks. It was either the bills or Giants game where the pick came just as a d lineman had walked up and over our line and was about to make CP eat 5 lbs of astroturf.

Look, end of day, your defense can't be counted on to keep a decent lead and forces you to run the 2 minute drill all the time, and your oline crumbles at the end of the game, and you don't have manning/brady under center, and what do you expect. KC will get the same thing unless he happens to be the second coming of brady, which while we don't know one way or the other has significant odds against that happening.

The oline has gotten better as the season has gone on from a pass protection standpoint, but they are still not very good, and at the end of the game when it is on the line they have definitely crumbled, go watch the tapes, i am sure there is somewhere you can get them on the internet.

Yeah the 2 minute offense is important, and last year we ran that and the no huddle pretty darn well. Fast forward this year where the pocket collapses when the opposing D knows we are throwing down field in the hurry up and you get crazy pressure and picks. It was either the bills or Giants game where the pick came just as a d lineman had walked up and over our line and was about to make CP eat 5 lbs of astroturf.

Look, end of day, your defense can't be counted on to keep a decent lead and forces you to run the 2 minute drill all the time, and your oline crumbles at the end of the game, and you don't have manning/brady under center, and what do you expect. KC will get the same thing unless he happens to be the second coming of brady, which while we don't know one way or the other has significant odds against that happening.

The oline has gotten better as the season has gone on from a pass protection standpoint, but they are still not very good, and at the end of the game when it is on the line they have definitely crumbled, go watch the tapes, i am sure there is somewhere you can get them on the internet.

No doubt the offensive line is horrible, but I also think that Chad has a case of the Yips. He seems to panic and get rid of the ball too early. His ideas are really not bad, but the arm just does not cooperate. I'v always like Chad and rooted for him, but the only way he can be succesfull is to have a really strong defense and excellent runnng game, none of which he has now.

No doubt the offensive line is horrible, but I also think that Chad has a case of the Yips. He seems to panic and get rid of the ball too early. His ideas are really not bad, but the arm just does not cooperate. I'v always like Chad and rooted for him, but the only way he can be succesfull is to have a really strong defense and excellent runnng game, none of which he has now.

I agree with the bolded part totally.

I don't know, it just seems to me that in a lot of those games, he should never have been in that situation to have thrown the pick or he got no protection when the opponent knew we had to pass downfield. Of course there were times when a pass was just bad, but take away the ones that i am talking about and the % of picks and mistakes shoots way down.

I love how people just make things up and type them thinking how nobody will notice, or they don't feel like checking their facts before they type. So the patriots ROUTINELY give up 20+ points a game? They did it 2 times this year, once against the cowboys who are the best nfc team, one of the best teams in the league, and were undefeated at that meeting i think. The other was against the fish, you know, the gaqme they were up 42-7 at halftime, the game where brady got pulled. Do you think the pats cared about garbage time tds? BTW, in that game, at 42-14 NE is pulling out starters, and cassel throws an int that is run back for a td to make it 42-21, had NE not pulled starters on both sides of the ball and had NE cared about shutting MIA down completely from open to close then MIA probably would not have scored more then one td, fact.

Besides, why would you consider comparing the jets to the patriots. And what was 28? The bengals scored 38. And are you trying to ay our defense didn't do too bad because the browns allowed 50 points to the bengals compared to our 38? Do you really want to make that into a positive acheivement on our part that we did better then the effing browns?

Joebaby OWNS serphnx. Absolutely owns him.

Well the pats COULD give up 20+ points a game and still win by 20+ :P So my point still semi-stands. :)

I didn't bother to watch the Bengals game because I'd already given up on the season by then. But I did check the game threads and I did get some IMs, and from what I read it sounded like Pennington threw an INT that was returned for a TD, and he set up a FG for the opposing team. Now I admit that it is sloppy work on my part to jump to that conclusion, but I DID watch the bills and giants games and I saw him throw INTs at critical junctures that lost the game for us. I figured he just did it again since I expect that out of him these days.

In case you were wondering, I was watching the Chiefs game. Compared to our offense Herm has an exciting vertical passing game out there. I find myself preferring to watch Chiefs football over Jets football these days.

Archived