Regarding the Yanks Chamberlain, Hughes and Kennedy...

NIGHT STALKER

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ANY pitcher, if his location is off will get burned, regardless of what league they are in.

Let's just drop this, because there does not seem to be a point here.

I would say that a finesse type pitcher is more prone to get the ball rocked then a power pitcher whose fast ball has some movement on it.

Example...Jamie Moyer vs Josh Beckett

I would say that a finesse type pitcher is more prone to get the ball rocked then a power pitcher whose fast ball has some movement on it.

Example...Jamie Moyer vs Josh Beckett

Of course that is true. Any pitch with movement is less apt to be centered.

Also, if any pitcher can not locate, he will get hit.

How this all relates back to the poinct that CH was making regarding AL vs NL, is anybodies guess.

That is why I tried to duck out of the discussion, it was going nowhere, with no point.

Of course that is true. Any pitch with movement is less apt to be centered.

Also, if any pitcher can not locate, he will get hit.

How this all relates back to the poinct that CH was making regarding AL vs NL, is anybodies guess.

That is why I tried to duck out of the discussion, it was going nowhere, with no point.

there aren't a lot of elite hitters in NL. and NL hitters are also more aggressive. simply put its easier to hit a ball that is coming at you 85 mph than hitting a ball at 100+ mph

i dont know how to explain any better

there aren't a lot of elite hitters in NL. and NL hitters are also more aggressive. simply put its easier to hit a ball that is coming at you 85 mph than hitting a ball at 100+ mph

i dont know how to explain any better

Hmmmmm...

7 of the top ten batters in most strikeouts are from the AL.

6 of the top ten hitters in OPS are from the NL.

This is still going nowehere.

randy johnson dominated the weak NL and AL hitters gave him a beating

You don't make a lot of sense or maybe we are just misunderstanding what the hell your point is.

Randy Johnson had years in the AL with Seattle where he went 20-4 and 18-2.

He also had a 3.79 ERA along with 17 wins his 1st Yankee season. Randy broke down and got old as Clemens did. This forum has long ago agreed that NL rosters offensively are built different than AL rosters. Pitchers should do better in the NL but to say they also haven't or could not dominate in the AL is ignorant.

You don't make a lot of sense or maybe we are just misunderstanding what the hell your point is.

Randy Johnson had years in the AL with Seattle where he went 20-4 and 18-2.

He also had a 3.79 ERA along with 17 wins his 1st Yankee season. Randy broke down and got old as Clemens did. This forum has long ago agreed that NL rosters offensively are built different than AL rosters. Pitchers should do better in the NL but to say they also haven't or could not dominate in the AL is ignorant.

Peavy in the AL would be nowhere near as good as he is now.

Peavy in the AL would be nowhere near as good as he is now.

Based on what? The guy has filthy stuff that would translate to either league. His ERA would rise some due to the way AL line-ups are built but he's right up there with the Bedard's, Johan's etc stuff wise. We've been through this b4 with Beckett yet still you guys make these baseless statements.

He has a 3.19 ERA against the AL in 17 games with almost a strikeout per inning.

Peavy reminds me of David Cone who sure didn't have any issues with switching over to the big bad AL.

Based on what? The guy has filthy stuff that would translate to either league. His ERA would rise some due to the way AL line-ups are built but he's right up there with the Bedard's, Johan's etc stuff wise. We've been through this b4 with Beckett yet still you guys make these baseless statements.

He has a 3.19 ERA against the AL in 17 games with almost a strikeout per inning.

Peavy reminds me of David Cone who sure didn't have any issues with switching over to the big bad AL.

Beckett had one bad year in the AL and one very good.

Its not baseless, the AL is the superior league, sorry if that bothers you.

ANd Peavy isnt as good as Beckett.

Beckett had one bad year in the AL and one very good.

Its not baseless, the AL is the superior league, sorry if that bothers you.

ANd Peavy isnt as good as Beckett.

Teams are constructed differently.....been through this way too many times.

Anyway, you back both your Peavy statements with nothing except a you say so.

Not really much to discuss.

No he won't...gyro ball? What a joke. This game has been played for almost 150 years and this guy has the first gyro ball...LOL.

Teams will catch up to this guy in a hurry...mark it down.

DiceK will be DOMINANT in 08

im talking 215 innings, 1.050 WHIP, 2.85 ERA, 200 K, 15-20 wins and half the losses.

pains me to say that, i hope i'm wrong.

The Yankees pitchers this coming season should be....

1. Wang

2. Hughes

3. Pettite

4. Kennedy

5. Mussina/Joba/FA

MRP: Farenesworth, Edwar Ramirez, FA

CP: Mo/Joba

the 5th starting spot should be up for grabs regardless of what happens this offseason and the CP depends on what MO officially decides to do.

Archived