~~~The OFFICIAL New York Jets vs. Pittsburgh Steelers thread~~~

K2C

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing personal but stifle.

Like I said, useless internet tough guys have nothing to say when they can't prove their point.

Leon Washington won the game in OT.... .KC scrambled for 18+ yards and drove the team down the field.... The more I see this team play, the more it seems Mangini is not a good coach. They never adjust in the second half...

That's called coaching 101... The other team adjusts and then you have to adjust... Saying "THe other team is better" is just stupid... You play each game and sometimes good teams don't play the way they should... The Steelers did not play well today. The Jets defense played great for the most part... The Jets offense didn't show up in the second half again..

They didn't play well in the second half of last years wild card game... It's starting to become a trend with this team and coaching staff.

Good win over a good team, but don't make it out like the Steelers are the Patriots.

You're probably one of those idiots who made excuses last year after the Jets got beat down by the Jaguars... People proclaimed the Jags were a SB contender.... Yeah um... the Jags didn't even make the playoffs......

KC looks good..... Leon Washington is great on special teams. The defense came out on fire today and took advantage of a bad OL of the Steelers.. But as I said, I am not impressed with Mangini at all.

The problem with wins like this are like the problems with winning seasons like last year. People start to think the team is closer than they really are.

Now...I may be wrong on this so correct me if I am but Ecurb and folks of your ilk...your blaming Mangini for poor offensive play, or you hate him cause the offence sucks. However unless I'm mistaken, which I am from time to time, Mangini is...and listen closely... A DEFESIVE COACH, when the offence isn't working HOW THE HELL IS A DEFENSIVE COACH SUPPOSED TO FIX IT???

STFU ENJOY THE WIN AND CRAM THE WHINGING AND BITCHING!

When your getting the second win of the season after playing 10 you should be happy with any kind of win even the ulgy ones. And on the plus side...I think we know who was running the D tonight...the same man who's been stepping in the past few 4th quarters, after shoddy play calling.

Like I said, useless internet tough guys have nothing to say when they can't prove their point.

Leon Washington won the game in OT.... .KC scrambled for 18+ yards and drove the team down the field.... The more I see this team play, the more it seems Mangini is not a good coach. They never adjust in the second half...

That's called coaching 101... The other team adjusts and then you have to adjust... Saying "THe other team is better" is just stupid... You play each game and sometimes good teams don't play the way they should... The Steelers did not play well today. The Jets defense played great for the most part... The Jets offense didn't show up in the second half again..

They didn't play well in the second half of last years wild card game... It's starting to become a trend with this team and coaching staff.

Good win over a good team, but don't make it out like the Steelers are the Patriots.

You're probably one of those idiots who made excuses last year after the Jets got beat down by the Jaguars... People proclaimed the Jags were a SB contender.... Yeah um... the Jags didn't even make the playoffs......

KC looks good..... Leon Washington is great on special teams. The defense came out on fire today and took advantage of a bad OL of the Steelers.. But as I said, I am not impressed with Mangini at all.

The problem with wins like this are like the problems with winning seasons like last year. People start to think the team is closer than they really are.

Like I said nothing personal but as we clearly disagree....stifle.

You could be correct and I could be wrong on Eric....it's too early IMO to tell.

I take back what I said about the Steelers being one of the teams that could knock of the Patriots. They have no chance. NONE!! Just like everyone but Steelers fans have known all along. Take away the run game and the Steelers are screwed with a capital F. Hamburgler can't win a game on his own.

I take back what I said about the Steelers being one of the teams that could knock of the Patriots. They have no chance. NONE!! Just like everyone but Steelers fans have known all along. Take away the run game and the Steelers are screwed with a capital F. Hamburgler can't win a game on his own.

Steelers still have the best D in the league. Right now, there your best competition. I'll add the Packers to that too.

So after you called this a "make or break game" you are still not satisfied? I know they didn't just win the super bowl, but if you can't enjoy this one I've got to wonder...

Clemens looks good? Looked pretty much like crap until the last two drives. Much like Baltimore.

PS: Not to take anything away from the guy, he won the game, but did Leon have to spin the ball? A fifteen yard penalty there would have erased the play and knocked us right out of field goal range.

Steelers still have the best D in the league. Right now, there your best competition. I'll add the Packers to that too.

There defense is good, but they did get beat by Arizona, allowed 31 points to Denver, and allowed a lot of points to Cleveland.. They also have a rookie head coach.

I think the Steelers are a 10-6, 11-5 team, nothing more... The Jets should be a 7-9 win team.. So in reality, I loved todays win, but saying the Jets beat a far superior team is just stretching it... The Steelers aren't the Patriots. They aren't even the Colts.

By the way, some of you were crucifying Herm for winning games like this and screwing up your good draft pick. How do those same fans feel about this win?

Are you talking about beating the Bills at the end of the season? I think AFOSMF and JonEJet were mad 'cos they wanted Reggie Bush.

Everybody else could give a flying *****.

So after you called this a "make or break game" you are still not satisfied? I know they didn't just win the super bowl, but if you can't enjoy this one I've got to wonder...

Clemens looks good? Looked pretty much like crap until the last two drives. Much like Baltimore.

PS: Not to take anything away from the guy, he won the game, but did Leon have to spin the ball? A fifteen yard penalty there would have erased the play and knocked us right out of field goal range.

I'm glad they won, but the problem is, KC had a great first quarter, a good drive to end the half, and then a great drive to end the game.. Leon had another great return and the Jets won on a FG because of Leon...

I liked the first quarter passion and I liked the way the defense played great all game long, what I didn't like is the fact that they once again scored 3 points in the entire second half....

I wanted to see something change.. I wanted to see some in game adjustments... Yet once again, we didn't see any of that. They remain one of the worse second half teams in the NFL. I like some of the players on this team, but the reality is, if we are looking at this team as building for the future, I'm not satisfied with a win that came more because of Leon Washington and KC, then Mangini and Schotty Jr.

And I don't buy this Steeler greatness. They have a rookie Head Coach and a QB who has gotten a lot of hype over the years even though he's had a lot of Rex Grossman like games. Heck that super bowl win was more Rex Grossman than Tom Brady.

So I will enjoy this win, but I still have major concerns regarding Mangini and this coaching staff... You can not go week after week and continue to not score in the second half of games... It's like they have no clue how to coach in the second half.

I'm glad they won, but the problem is, KC had a great first quarter, a good drive to end the half, and then a great drive to end the game.. Leon had another great return and the Jets won on a FG because of Leon...

I liked the first quarter passion and I liked the way the defense played great all game long, what I didn't like is the fact that they once again scored 3 points in the entire second half....

I wanted to see something change.. I wanted to see some in game adjustments... Yet once again, we didn't see any of that. They remain one of the worse second half teams in the NFL. I like some of the players on this team, but the reality is, if we are looking at this team as building for the future, I'm not satisfied with a win that came more because of Leon Washington and KC, then Mangini and Schotty Jr.

And I don't buy this Steeler greatness. They have a rookie Head Coach and a QB who has gotten a lot of hype over the years even though he's had a lot of Rex Grossman like games. Heck that super bowl win was more Rex Grossman than Tom Brady.

So I will enjoy this win, but I still have major concerns regarding Mangini and this coaching staff... You can not go week after week and continue to not score in the second half of games... It's like they have no clue how to coach in the second half.

So then you didn't think it was a make or break game, just a break game. They are starting a young qb that looks borderline ****ty much of the time. They didn't score much, but the flea flicker was strictly coaching. This win did not come from KC, it came in spite of him. 160 yards and under 50%? He barely had 100 yards if you discount the flea flicker. I don't expect you to put your full faith in the coaching staff off of this game, but it was a good coaching job.

I think the Steelers have a shi*ty O-line. Thats why the Jets D looked good today.

Then I guess we should open the bank vault for Faneca.

By the way, some of you were crucifying Herm for winning games like this and screwing up your good draft pick. How do those same fans feel about this win?

Anybody who would rather lose games just for a draft pick is nuts. I don't care bad our record is, if you're a Jets fan you want the team to win period.

Today just like the Washington game dropped balls by our WR's took sure 2nd half points off the board. That is not coaching but simply bad play by the players.

Smith catches a sure TD and we score 23 points against PITT's defense.

Archived