~~~The OFFICIAL New York Jets vs. Pittsburgh Steelers thread~~~

K2C

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So then you didn't think it was a make or break game, just a break game. They are starting a young qb that looks borderline ****ty much of the time. They didn't score much, but the flea flicker was strictly coaching. This win did not come from KC, it came in spite of him. 160 yards and under 50%? He barely had 100 yards if you discount the flea flicker. I don't expect you to put your full faith in the coaching staff off of this game, but it was a good coaching job.

Give me a break with this nonesense.... The excuses before was "Chad has a weak arm" and the coaching staff have to work around him. Now it's KC struggled, he's only in his 3rd game,... blah blah blah...

Stop with the excuses every week with this coaching staff. When you only score 3 Points in the second half week after week, It's because your coaching staff isn't that good.

Great defensive effort today. Great defensive game plan. But once again, the opponents outscored the Jets in the second half....

Making changes means they score in the second half, not coming up with another lame excuse on why they didn't. Last month it was Chad.. This month it's KC.. What's the excuse next month? That TJ isnt' getting 100 yards.

Today just like the Washington game dropped balls by our WR's took sure 2nd half points off the board. That is not coaching but simply bad play by the players.

Smith catches a sure TD and we score 23 points against PITT's defense.

If a FG kicker makes one FG, Herm might not be considered as big an idiot as people claim... If Vinny doesn't turn the ball over and the Jets show up in the second half, they make the super bowl. If Parcells starts Lucas sooner, maybe they make the playoffs that year and he doesn't resign as head coach in the off season.

IF this and if that is not reality.

Give me a break with this nonesense.... The excuses before was "Chad has a weak arm" and the coaching staff have to work around him. Now it's KC struggled, he's only in his 3rd game,... blah blah blah...

Stop with the excuses every week with this coaching staff. When you only score 3 Points in the second half week after week, It's because your coaching staff isn't that good.

Great defensive effort today. Great defensive game plan. But once again, the opponents outscored the Jets in the second half....

Making changes means they score in the second half, not coming up with another lame excuse on why they didn't. Last month it was Chad.. This month it's KC.. What's the excuse next month? That TJ isnt' getting 100 yards.

There are no exuses when you win....obviously just agendas.

Save it for another day when you have a leg to stand on....we won today....be happy.

Anybody who would rather lose games just for a draft pick is nuts. I don't care bad our record is, if you're a Jets fan you want the team to win period.

Agreed. Yes, on draft day I'd love to see Mcfadden don green&white. But while the games are being played, I want to see them win. I was tempted, may be even half angry, at the end of 2005. But while the games were being played, I rooted for the Jets.

You're missing my point. I'm not making excuses, just explaining that the offense didn't fall apart in the second half. The passing game sucked all game long. They did not succumb to any half time adjustments. Reality is they won. They also played with a little extra intensity and better game planning. Precisely what you were looking for, but still you're not satisfied.

You think I sit here blindly waving pom poms in the air for this coaching staff when I'm one of the few guys here that wasn't licking their balls from day one. They make mistakes and I'm not in love with the personnel moves, but today was a good job against a good team.

Agreed. Yes, on draft day I'd love to see Mcfadden don green&white. But while the games are being played, I want to see them win. I was tempted, may be even half angry, at the end of 2005. But while the games were being played, I rooted for the Jets.

After todays Jet win and san Frans loss its looking ever more likely that he's going to end up with....you know who.:bag:

Just got back from the bar. I was able to gather up a group of about 10 cowboy fans to rub it in the faces of the 50 steeler fans who were getting in my face the whole game.

Nothing sweeter than convincing another teams fans to do a J-E-T-S chant right in the grill of a team that is losing/lost.

On a high...I think we all forgot how good it felt to get a win. I'm kinda upset that I don't have a full week to cherish it. Oh well, onto Dallas.

You're missing my point. I'm not making excuses, just explaining that the offense didn't fall apart in the second half. The passing game sucked all game long. They did not succumb to any half time adjustments. Reality is they won. They also played with a little extra intensity and better game planning. Precisely what you were looking for, but still you're not satisfied.

You think I sit here blindly waving pom poms in the air for this coaching staff when I'm one of the few guys here that wasn't licking their balls from day one. They make mistakes and I'm not in love with the personnel moves, but today was a good job against a good team.

As I said before, cheering like they won a super bowl to go 2-8 is more of a losers mentality than anything else.. The Pats beat the COlts in Indy and still came out after that game feeling like they didn't play well enough... That is a winners mentality.

The Jets offense is the same with Chad or KC at this point. They still can't score in the second half....... People blamed Chad for being horrible. So now we have KC and are getting the same results. Scoring 3 points in an entire half is not good.

I don't look at this season as a "they have to win this game." I look at it as progress for the future. I've yet to see any progress on this offense. And after 10 games in year two, your offense should be scoring more than 3 points in the second half of games...

Ok it was against the Steelers. But 2 weeks ago they couldn't score in the second half.. Before that they couldn't score in the second half. But wait, it was always Chad's fault....

Wins like this are great, but then again, the Jets have been winning games like this for years and where has it led them? To 9-7 or 10-6 seasons the following year.

This was a bad game all around by both teams. Neither team played a good game. The defenses played well, not out of this world. Neither offense did anything. If the Jets were closer to being a contender, I'd say this was a good win.... A win is a win.. But at this juncture, I'm happy that they won, but I don't see any real progress for the future. Next year we won't even remember this game.

I remember the Ray Lucas year. Everybody feared the Jets at the end of that season. they barely missed the playoffs after starting out awful. Maybe Lucas was brought in too late, who knows..... But after that season, Parcells was gone, and the Jets really never were close again for another 4-5 years.....

They should have beaten the Steelers and made it to the AFC championship game. But they didn't and it was a "moral" victory. The next year they were supposed to be a legit contender... Yet they didn't do that much to improve and wound up, well we all know what happened.

I'm hoping this coaching staff isn't like some fans who think the Jets just won a super bowl today. But who knows.... It seems Mangini and this staff were more impressed by what people said about them than the fans were this off season..

That is my problem with this game..... They won a badly played game and if they take it as a "Good sign" it might not be a good thing at all.

As I said before, cheering like they won a super bowl to go 2-8 is more of a losers mentality than anything else.. The Pats beat the COlts in Indy and still came out after that game feeling like they didn't play well enough... That is a winners mentality.

The Jets offense is the same with Chad or KC at this point. They still can't score in the second half....... People blamed Chad for being horrible. So now we have KC and are getting the same results. Scoring 3 points in an entire half is not good.

I don't look at this season as a "they have to win this game." I look at it as progress for the future. I've yet to see any progress on this offense. And after 10 games in year two, your offense should be scoring more than 3 points in the second half of games...

Ok it was against the Steelers. But 2 weeks ago they couldn't score in the second half.. Before that they couldn't score in the second half. But wait, it was always Chad's fault....

Wins like this are great, but then again, the Jets have been winning games like this for years and where has it led them? To 9-7 or 10-6 seasons the following year.

This was a bad game all around by both teams. Neither team played a good game. The defenses played well, not out of this world. Neither offense did anything. If the Jets were closer to being a contender, I'd say this was a good win.... A win is a win.. But at this juncture, I'm happy that they won, but I don't see any real progress for the future. Next year we won't even remember this game.

I remember the Ray Lucas year. Everybody feared the Jets at the end of that season. they barely missed the playoffs after starting out awful. Maybe Lucas was brought in too late, who knows..... But after that season, Parcells was gone, and the Jets really never were close again for another 4-5 years.....

They should have beaten the Steelers and made it to the AFC championship game. But they didn't and it was a "moral" victory. The next year they were supposed to be a legit contender... Yet they didn't do that much to improve and wound up, well we all know what happened.

I'm hoping this coaching staff isn't like some fans who think the Jets just won a super bowl today. But who knows.... It seems Mangini and this staff were more impressed by what people said about them than the fans were this off season..

That is my problem with this game..... They won a badly played game and if they take it as a "Good sign" it might not be a good thing at all.

The glass isn't always half empty. It was a good win, whether you think it was well played or not. Nobody said they won the super bowl and if the coaching staff of a 2-8 team wants to consider this as "good enough" they won't be around long enough for any of us to care.

Badly played game..... relative to the 5-6 real badly played games where our D couldn't stop practice squad RB's? And a 2 minute drill that was 23 seconds of 2 ballooned checkdowns for +3 and a draw play for nada?

No sane Jet fan is going to anticipate winning the rest of our games, but I'm happy as hell to see us capable of moving the chains when we have to and not being a collection of tackling dummies on Defense.

Actually the spike doesn't really bother me. Kept the playbook open and saved that timeout. But then we didn't really do anything with it so it looked bad. And I guess our run game is bad in the clutch and in short yardage anyway.

I wasn't in this thread but wanted to find this point of the game. This bothered me IMMENSELY. Hopefully it's a young-coach thing that he'll correct for the next time.

Absolutely inexcusable to not have a play ready to go if the prior one was successful. Not with the friggin' clock winding down. We won the game, so it didn't bite us in the end, but you don't just give away one of your three chances at the endzone b/c you didn't call in a play ahead of time. Also the defense would have been off-guard instead of being able to prepare for a goal-line stance by subbing players in & out and allowing them to huddle up.

Like I said, didn't matter in the end, but this is the type of thing that could have cost us the game. Score a touchdown there & there's no need for OT.

Way to go baby!

I better get bombarded with positive rep this week ;)

You need to be appointed official gamethread starter, plus tildes must become the new official moniker. I better not see DWC or GGM make the game thread next week or I will find them and attack them.

You need to be appointed official gamethread starter, plus tildes must become the new official moniker. I better not see DWC or GGM make the game thread next week or I will find them and attack them.

I agree P2C for ~~~~OFFICIAL~~~~ game thread starter....hey wait he only used 3 squiggly wigglies-maybe we need to change THAT policy too....

anybody else got a funny feeling that we're gonna win today? I'm not predicting-just reporting....

not to be like YJF blowin' my own horn or nuthin' but the 9th post in this thread over on page one.....ahem

You mean the one on top? ahem! ;)

Chad had made perfect throws... like the one to Coles early in the season that could have won games... but nobody spun it that way... it was Chads fault...

Flip floppers...

The D has done more than enough this game... too bad the offense couldnt get it done in the redzone...

At the very least... this team needs a new OC...

I loved Chad but I didn't suddenly become anti coaching staff when he lost his job....you?

CHAD SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK Donkey D!ck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would say so... Then CS... then a deep threat WR... then some D line help... then some LB help... then some CB help...

LOL ...I mean b4 Chad went south...show me a anti Mangini post from last year or early this year from you.

Hey look at that... a jumped route... in OT that almost went for a pick 6... and Chad isnt playing...

Can we say... PLAYCALLING!!!

LOL at ecurb, I just read this whole damn thread. and all you were doing was whining the entire time trying to make some kind of parallel bizarro reality as to why it isn't Chad's fault. not once being happy about the bottom line, a Jet win.

Pathetic.

Thats an ignorant statement... I have done nothing but support the JETS players... I hate Mangini... get your facts straight...

No, you didn't hate Mangini until your Chad defense was undefendable anymore. Rather than look like a total idiot for backing Chad so ridiculously, you spun your logic into Mangini bashing to save face. There was nothing wrong with the playcalling in this game, the problem is PIT's D is good. Really friggin good. Receivers were constantly covered no matter what. The fact Clemens only threw 1 pick is nothing short of a miracle with how well those CB's were covering.

These players won in spite of HORRIBLE red zone playcalling...

Good for them... now get some real coaches and watch them blossom...

See above. Your veil is quite thin Ecurb, and unfortunately for you most of us can see right through it.

No, you didn't hate Mangini until your Chad defense was undefendable anymore. Rather than look like a total idiot for backing Chad so ridiculously, you spun your logic into Mangini bashing to save face. There was nothing wrong with the playcalling in this game, the problem is PIT's D is good. Really friggin good. Receivers were constantly covered no matter what. The fact Clemens only threw 1 pick is nothing short of a miracle with how well those CB's were covering.

See above. Your veil is quite thin Ecurb, and unfortunately for you most of us can see right through it.

POTW NOM

Just out of curiosity is Ecurb considered "Unbannable" because of his post count??;):P

No, he's unbannable because Max owns stocks in his rocket store. and ecurb has threatened to set his toy store on fire if we ban him. we don't take idle threats lightly here at JN ''The site that cares''.

why would u wanna ban him. Ecurb makes jetnation what it is. seriously

LOL, what makes you think I want him banned. I was just wondering what it would take for him to get banned.

Ecurb is one of my favourite posters. He's incredibly entertaining, unintentionally of course but still.:)

Archived