JonEJet

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have no choice but to play the man, in hopes he gets it

I still hope I'm wrong...I really do

But I think you guys already know, just won;t admit it

But yes, the Jets hav no choice but to see what we have in KC

I was hoping to see more from him in the 8 games he played. I didn't but it's too early to say he can't do it. Drew Brees came in and stunk up the joint for 2 or 3 seasons before it clicked for him and now he is a top 3 QB in the league.

I was hoping to see more from him in the 8 games he played. I didn't but it's too early to say he can't do it. Drew Brees came in and stunk up the joint for 2 or 3 seasons before it clicked for him and now he is a top 3 QB in the league.

Good point....and Brees was a 2nd rounder as well

We can only hope, but damn, the guy is not very impressive thusfar

I call BS... to win a SB you need to be able to playcall against pressure... you cant stop Dlines all day... you need to be able to coach around it... Clemens had MULTIPLE times where he was standing around with nowhere to throw and no dumpoff route... and it wound up in a sack... that is a coaching issue.

I call and raise one on your BS.

People complain that 'we cant throw deep', and 'theres no dumpoff route', when in reality, thats because the QB has 3 seconds TOPS to throw the ball so defenses just stack up in the box and dont allow for that dumpoff stuff to work.

Seriously, how many times have we seen a screen or a shuffle pass go for no gain or a loss this season? too many.

I call BS... to win a SB you need to be able to playcall against pressure... you cant stop Dlines all day... you need to be able to coach around it... Clemens had MULTIPLE times where he was standing around with nowhere to throw and no dumpoff route... and it wound up in a sack... that is a coaching issue.

As you can see here with Chad against the Titans on 3rd and 10 he quickly checks off for a 3 yard pass to J-Mac before the receivers have even gone down the field 3 yards.

everything257.jpg

As you can see here with Chad against the Titans on 3rd and 10 he quickly checks off for a 3 yard pass to J-Mac before the receivers have even gone down the field 3 yards.

everything257.jpg

look at that guy running right past Clement. Thats the real problem, we have to give our QBs time to look downfield.

look at that guy running right past Clement. Thats the real problem, we have to give our QBs time to look downfield.

It's a corner back. they have not been able to pick up the corner blitz all year. the Offensive line coach (Wise) should be fired.

It's a corner back. they have not been able to pick up the corner blitz all year. the Offensive line coach (Wise) should be fired.

I'm not worried about the corner getting past Clement. He looks like he's in good position to push the cb around the pocket. I'm worried about the next guy in (LB/DE?) that appears to have a free shot while Moore doubles up on LaBoy. IMO, this is an example of poor technique/reads and not being physically overmatched.

Dude

I have an opinion on our QB

I don;t see the potential yet... I think we should possibly look for another QB

Sorry you like to slurp KC

The key to that is "YET"...

He has only played in 6 games. Jeeze, if every QB got thrown out after six games a lot of quality QBs would go down the ****ter.

BZ

I'm not worried about the corner getting past Clement. He looks like he's in good position to push the cb around the pocket. I'm worried about the next guy in (LB/DE?) that appears to have a free shot while Moore doubles up on LaBoy. IMO, this is an example of poor technique/reads and not being physically overmatched.

Exactly! that's my point. there were so many missed or blown blocking assignments this year by our O-Line. in Miami on that play where the guy hit Clemens from behind and the other guy ran it in, that was a blown assignment by Chris Baker blocking that corner. why do you think we were being corner blitzed to death all year? we couldn't pick that up all season.

This thread is garbage.

Clemens has only started not even half a season and you are already convinced he sucks? Man you are some talent evaluator. How come you aren't working for the Jets? I mean since you know so much why are you wasting that knowledge on a message board? Why aren't you the *****ing GM? Im sure if JonEJet was in charge we wouldv'e won 4 super bowls by now. Seriously stop wasting your time with us....in fact just stop thinking all together...

Chad has been in the league for 7 years.

This was Clemens first time starting in the NFL. Yeah, same thing. Right.

and with a better o-line, running back, I think his name was Martin or something, and better wide-outs, Chrebet comes to mind, we made the playoffs with 10 wins...I am not sticking up for Chad, I am only saying you have to use the same criteria to judge people if they have identical weapons

I think Clement is fine in that picture. Chad has plenty of room to step up if needed. The bigger problem is the interior line. See Exhibit A.

Exhibit A: Moore double teaming Travis Laboy (91) instead of picking up the blitz that is heading right towards Chad.

We should do this -- post pictures of various plays and say What went wrong with this picture.

I think Clement is fine in that picture. Chad has plenty of room to step up if needed. The bigger problem is the interior line. See Exhibit A.

Exhibit A: Moore double teaming Travis Laboy (91) instead of picking up the blitz that is heading right towards Chad.

We should do this -- post pictures of various plays and say What went wrong with this picture.

does the site have enough bandwidth?

Archived