Reality Check (FOR ADULTS ONLY)

JonEJet

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bob

You're killing these tools with facts:p

KC has started 4 games. You can't call him bad or great at this point. The OC sucks. Plain and simple. Hackett was bad, but Schotty is a joke at this point. KC has done some good things and some bad things. I see potential in the kid, but who knows.. But he deserves the rest of this season and next to see if he can become a good NFL starting QB.

Should they draft a QB in the 4th round? Who knows, it might not be a bad option, cause at this point we don't know much about KC. But saying the kid must go after 4 games is kind of stupid. I guess Elway and Petyon would have been out of the league then.

My point is pretty clear. When Pennington was the QB, and anyone pointed out the other deficiencies on the team, we were "making excuses." Now, Clemens is the QB and you guys are doing the same thing, but we're not supposed to call you on it.

Well, I'm going to.

Why are you comparing a 6th year starter to a 24 yr old QB with 3 starts under his belt?

Really?

So did Clemens in 3 out of his 4 starts.

Actually he didn't. He only had him for one start. Chad got him killed the game before Clemens officially stepped in, and Coles only made it through 1 series against PIT. So the truth is he only legitimately had Coles against BAL, but let's not let fact get in the way of your argument.

Clemens was a young qb going against a tough D. He had no running game and was missing his best wr. I didn't expect much. Thing is I didn't get much either. The problem is the way much of this board ranted about him after last week or his 4th quarter against Baltimore. You can't compare him to Romo and then get pissed when people bad mouth him. Romo did not have all day to throw. Hell the first play of the game he was "sacked" for a 7 yard gain. I'm pretty sure Romo had numerous completions while on the run or after avoiding a rusher.

Why didn't Clemens strong arm open up the running game this week? Maybe because he's not the reason they can or can't run. I don't give him a pass for all the "dropped" balls. Some of it is McCareins in place of Coles, some is lack of reps. Still, I'm not so sure he throws the most catchable ball. Several times his throws to Baker were slightly off the mark, some Baker caught, some he didn't. The McCareins 4th quarter "drop" on the sideline was because JMac settled in and Clemens throw was several yards to the inside and low. Could it have been caught? Sure. Should it have been caught? Maybe, but it sure could have been a hell of a lot easier.

Give him time, he'll probably be a decent qb. Problem is that every time he has a good game everybody wants to compare him to Peyton and Brady. I'd expect more of a Garcia or Kitna. There's no shame in that, but it's not a "franchise" player either.

It has nothing to do with giving KC a fair chance

I see his arm, I know he has the wheels

To me, he just doesn;t have "it"

Peyton had the "it" factor right from the start

umm.....Not even close. Peyton started his first 3 games with 2tds and 8ints. If thats what you mean by an "it" factor, Im not sure I want Clemens to have "it"

hammer predicted this ..good read

I'll tell you this much, it would be an abberation if Kellen Clemens doesn't have that real clunker at some point during his first year as a starter .. I mean that real eye-sore of a performance, like no TD Passes and 4 INT's

If it's coming, and I'm pretty sure it is as it usually does for the neophyte QB's, I think tomorrow would be a pretty safe bet .. if you assured me there would be one of those real clunkers and I had to pick which one, I'd either pick tomorrow or @ Patriots in Week 15, but I'm leaning towards tomorrow

Young QB's need longer work weeks to prepare, especially for a quality opponent as Clemens had for the Steelers coming off the bye week, or at the very least they need a normal work week, but this type of short work week, two or three days to prepare for a team like the Cowboys {this years likely NFC SB representative}, that's a TOUGH SPOT for a QB making his forth NFL start .. especially on the road

IOW's there's a reason why the oddsmakers installed the Cowboys as a two touchdown favorite and it's not just because the Jets are 2-8 while the Cowboys are 9-1 .. that has something to do with it to be sure, but that's not the only reason .. not counting this years Patriots being installed as a 21 Point favorite every week, which are COLLEGE SPREADS and something you may never see again {I've never seen it before, week after week}, by normal standards 14 is a BIG LINE in the NFL and that kind of line usually goes beyond the records, that kind of line is built on something deeper than the obvious, usually because the underdog has suffered a significant/substantial injury {or injuries}, but in this case the Jets are relatively healthy, haven't been blown out all year barring NE {have they lost another game by more than two touchdowns?}, and they're coming off a huge upset over a VERY GOOD Steelers team as well

So what gives here?

That 14 Point line is big by normal NFL standards, but I won't say it's an "illegal line" {i.e. distorted and without any rhyme or reason to the naked eye} because it does make sense too me when you consider all of the above .. neophyte QB, on the road, verses a very good team, and with very little time to prepare .. when you combine that with the disparity in records and one team {as a whole} being significantly better than the other, IMO that's how you can extract a two touchdown spread from this game

IOW's, the oddsmakers are expecting KC's first clunker .. if form holds true for the neophyte QB's we know that real clunker is coming, and the oddsmakers are saying THIS IS THE WEEK .. they probably figure the Cowboys offense will gash the Jets defense for 30+ on a short week and the Jets offense will be forced to abandon run/pass balance in an effort to keep up, to win a shootout so to speak, and they've probably concluded that is a recipe for disaster for a QB making his forth NFL start, on the road, verses a top team, and on a short week to prepare

But hey, that's why they play the games, that doesn't mean the Jets or their neophyte QB have to comply with conventional wisdom, they can win the game outright and that wouldn't shock me either, anything is possible when human-beings play these games and you can always toss conventional wisdom on its ear, I'm just saying at some point there is usually a real clunker for the young QB and IMO this week is a pretty good candidate, and in my view the oddsmakes agree

Actually he didn't. He only had him for one start. Chad got him killed the game before Clemens officially stepped in, and Coles only made it through 1 series against PIT. So the truth is he only legitimately had Coles against BAL, but let's not let fact get in the way of your argument.

Good point, Booz. everybody conveniently forgets about the Coles factor.

So did Clemens in 3 out of his 4 starts.

LOL!!!!! Run left, Run left that's all they do cried the angry mob at the bar.

Coles has been hurt. Shocking they beat the Steelers without him (except the first play). Brad Smith is not a #3 receiver, nevermind a # 2.

I am not sold on Clemens. This is about letting him play and learn so the staff can make a call on him when the season is over. He has done some good things -- I like his chances.

Do you see how bad this forum gets on game day? Jesus Christ.

Yeah, because of sh*t stirrers like you. You didn't post on game day for Clemens starts he lost, but you were posting away after he won, using the occasion to call fellow Jets fans idiots. What a little clam you are.

Yeah, because of sh*t stirrers like you. You didn't post on game day for Clemens starts he lost, but you were posting away after he won, using the occasion to call fellow Jets fans idiots. What a little clam you are.

I posted after every game, including games in which Clemens started and we lost. What in the f##k are you trying to pass off?

I posted after every game, including games in which Clemens started and we lost. What in the f##k are you trying to pass off?

D*ckhead, it's because of guys like you there is so much dissension on the board. Own it, and stop being a wiseass like you don't know what I'm talking about.

Jets had a big win last week, and a big loss this week, but this board both weeks was bickering and fighting and YOU WERE AND ARE THE PRIME INSTIGATOR.

You want to be a jerkoff? Great, you're gonna get treated like one.

D*ckhead, it's because of guys like you there is so much dissension on the board. Own it, and stop being a wiseass like you don't know what I'm talking about.

Jets had a big win last week, and a big loss this week, but this board both weeks was bickering and fighting and YOU WERE AND ARE THE PRIME INSTIGATOR.

Good stuff!!

So let me get this straight....

I instigated ecurb to bitch and moan about Mangini last week after the Jets beat the steelers?

And I instigated bob and jonE to call Clemens garbage this week?

How exactly? By me not ever claiming him as the 2nd coming of joe namath, and by me constantly telling others who were crowning him 2 weeks ago to relax and be level headed?

What exactly are you talking about? Be specific if you can.....

Jeez, people need to calm down. The O line is sieve and Clemens had no time to set up before the rushers were in his face. Mc Droppins was also in top form letting balls bounce off his hands. Clemens didn't look good but I'm willing to give him the doubt and let him get the experience during a lost season. Anybody that expected him to step in and look like Tom Brady is delusional, the kid needs to grow, lets give him a chance.

Moses. Barton is 15 years old. If he is the prime instigator for causing grown adults to bicker and fight, does that really make him a dickhead or does it say something about the adults? Serious question.

Moses. Barton is 15 years old. If he is the prime instigator for causing grown adults to bicker and fight, does that really make him a dickhead or does it say something about the adults? Serious question.

barton is 15??

i thought we all had to be 45 to login... my bad

barton is 15??

i thought we all had to be 45 to login... my bad

Last I recall, although he might be 16 by now. Barton makes good points, he jst tends to bring them across like most young teenagers do. Jet Moses is trashing him for causing others to bicker and fight and...well.....act like children. But who really has the issue, the child ho acts like a child or the grown men who act like children along with him? Moses is calling him all sorts of names as if he is the sole caalyst that othrs have suddenly begun to act like dicks. I like Moses alot, I also like Barton. Hell, I think JonEJet has yet to make a sensible post with facts for as long as I've known him, but I still like the guy. All of you piss me off in one way or another at times but it's not your fults that I suddenly might go off and act like a dick once in a while. If I act like a dick, it's because I am being a dick. Placing blame on others for my behavior is weak, especially if that other person is a child. I just think Moses is out of line.

So let me get this straight....

I instigated ecurb to bitch and moan about Mangini last week after the Jets beat the steelers?

And I instigated bob and jonE to call Clemens garbage this week?

How exactly? By me not ever claiming him as the 2nd coming of joe namath, and by me constantly telling others who were crowning him 2 weeks ago to relax and be level headed?

What exactly are you talking about? Be specific if you can.....

When did jonE, bob, or Ecurb call you an idiot and start threads calling you an idiot? Be specific if you can.

I don't care if he's twelve. You want to dance, you have to pay the fiddler.

Archived