Clemens and Mangini.

DonCorleone

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A defense that gives up a 30+ yard TD run on 3rd and 4 is a disgrace... End of story. I guess you have an explanation for the FG down 17-12 as well. Your excuses are just as bad as ecurbs.

LOL, again......THEY WERE GOING FOR THE STRIP BECAUSE IF THEY TACKLE HIM THE GAME WOULD HAVE BEEN OVER.

Yeah let's bench our all pro linebacker for a rookie.

Makes all the sense in the world.

And what Barton said about the tackling on the Lewis is dead on. Once he got the first down the Jets had no choice but to go for the strip.

His choice of QB's suck but he is right here. :P

LOL, again......THEY WERE GOING FOR THE STRIP BECAUSE IF THEY TACKLE HIM THE GAME WOULD HAVE BEEN OVER.

Keep telling yourself that.. It's called STOP THE GUY BEFORE HE GETS THE FIRST DOWN..... It's called don't go for a FG and then attempt another onside kick so the Browns get the ball at the 35 yard line anyway..

Even if they did stop him and the Browns make a FG, they are back down by 5 points and need a TD to win. Talk about a useless FG.

Anybody that hopes to recover two onside kicks over in a row over going for a TD or a first down on 4th down, might as well go coach pee wee football.

Harris saw playing time. Again critiquing in hindsight is easy. Please direct me to the thread you have where you called for Harris to start the season over Vilma.

The FO drafted him yet you give no credit there while now posting as if you would have had him starting ahead of Vilma from day one. Yep....gotcha.

Where did I once mention starting him AHEAD of Vilma. is there something wrong with him playing alongside him???

BTW in pre-season i said that I felt Harris would be DROY, I stand by that if he had started in Week 1 that he would have IMO.

I always have criticised Vilma for being too small for the 3-4, but even so I wanted to see him play alongside Harris. I know he did get some playing time but he should ahve been starting. I said that all along.

I'll look for a quote from me if you want.

Have no clue what you are but if you brag about Mangini after last weeks game yet make lame excuses about the bad team after this weeks game, how are you any different than Ecurb?

He was posting for both weeks. last week (a win) and this week(a loss). that makes him different than ecurb.

Where did I once mention starting him AHEAD of Vilma. is there something wrong with him playing alongside him???

BTW in pre-season i said that I felt Harris would be DROY, I stand by that if he had started in Week 1 that he would have IMO.

I always have criticised Vilma for being too small for the 3-4, but even so I wanted to see him play alongside Harris. I know he did get some playing time but he should ahve been starting. I said that all along.

I'll look for a quote from me if you want.

u just said mangini should have replaced vilma earlier

Have no clue what you are but if you brag about Mangini after last weeks game yet make lame excuses about the bad team after this weeks game, how are you any different than Ecurb?

your just pissed because you didn't expect the jets to be bad this season. i knew jets will be bad this year and was prepared. u ot caught off guard. i knew before the season started that the jets lacked talent and would struggle

He was posting for both weeks. last week (a win) and this week(a loss). that makes him different than ecurb.

Who cares when people post or don't post... Ecurb seems to have nothing but negative things to say regardless. And a few others have nothing but praise to say regardless.. Either way you look at it, neither is looking at reality.

Who cares when people post or don't post... Ecurb seems to have nothing but negative things to say regardless. And a few others have nothing but praise to say regardless.. Either way you look at it, neither is looking at reality.

You were MIA last week too, weren't you? oh, you must have been at the Gym last Sunday.

Were you here to listen to ecurb last year? his love for Mangini and Chad was unbearable. :cloud9:

You were MIA last week too, weren't you? oh, you must have been at the Gym last Sunday.

Were you here to listen to ecurb last year? his love for Mangini and Chad was unbearable. :cloud9:

and your hate for him was just as bad... are you that narrowminded to think that everyone saw it your way?

Shall I call the whaaaambulance for you?

I work a lot... get used to it.

You spam a lot after a loss, and other than right said Fred, nobody else is defending you, they're calling you out on it. I think you need the diapers pal.

and your hate for him was just as bad... are you that narrowminded to think that everyone saw it your way?

Ah, I hit a raw nerve. Chad love chords are rippling. I never liked Pennington, I'm not denying it. I'll give Mangini another year before I decide on tanking him.

Has Vilma played like an all-pro in the 3-4???

Mangini should have been able to recognise how good the 'rookie' was in Camp and pre-season.

No he hasn't.

But it is up to the coaching staff to put him in a postion to succeed.

Vilma was a tackling machine when they were in the 4-3. With him playing next to Harris instead of Barton or maybe even moving him to the outside I expect that Vilma will return to his all pro status. He is too good of player to just fall off the face of the earth.

The Jets need to get more athletic on defense, especially on the DL. Robertson, Ellis and Coleman have all been below average and Bryan Thomas has been MIA since signing that new contract.

my point is made.... THe Jets could go 1-15 next season and you'd still say Mangini deserves another 10 years... Hey maybe your italian and it's an italian thing.

Cause anybody that defends Mangini after this game has some kind of agenda.

Yeah, my agenda is to keep a coach till he has time to finish what he started. Not knee jerk him down the road.

No he hasn't.

But it is up to the coaching staff to put him in a postion to succeed.

Vilma was a tackling machine when they were in the 4-3. With him playing next to Harris instead of Barton or maybe even moving him to the outside I expect that Vilma will return to his all pro status. He is too good of player to just fall off the face of the earth.

The Jets need to get more athletic on defense, especially on the DL. Robertson, Ellis and Coleman have all been below average and Bryan Thomas has been MIA since signing that new contract.

I agree about Vilma. this will kind of like parallel Marvin Jones's first year in the 3-4 defense, he had Pepper Johnson and later Bryan Cox playing alongside him which freed him up to make plays. I think Vilma will regain his form if he plays next to Harris and we get a fat ass nose tackle.

u just said mangini should have replaced vilma earlier

That would have helped (results have proved that).

The alternative would have been playing him alongside Vilma which I suppose could also have at least helped.

Qoute from me fromThe Giants-Jets Preseason game thread:

David Harris = DROY

There you go GS.

Archived