Clemens and Mangini.

DonCorleone

in reality its the stupid coaching that has kept us in games.

i see every snap our d line gets blown off the ball but good schemes help this undersize D stay in games

You are aware that that the FO/CS is the reason for that undersized D.

How about choosing to play Vilma over Harris for something like 8 weeks, then all of a sudden when we make the switch we improve. It's been stupid desicions like that which have ****ed this team over!!!!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about choosing to play Vilma over Harris for something like 8 weeks, then all of a sudden when we make the switch we improve. It's been stupid desicions like that which have ****ed this team over!!!!

They got lucky there too... it wasnt even theeir choice to start Harris... Vilma got hurt and they lucked out...

explain and give one coach who would do better

There are about 5 dozen coaches who would do better with this team right now. If you want to take the blame off Mangini and say this team has no talent whose faulot is that? Tanenbaum and Mangini?

Who wants to play a 3-4 with Dewayne Robertson as the NT?

Well here are my thoughts. Take them for what they are worth.

Offense today was putrid. This game reminded me alot of the stinker they had last year against Buffalo where the offense couldn't do anything the entire game. How you do not even take a shot against THE WORST DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE is beyond me.

The Jets need a game breaker at WR. The Jets have a pair of really good possesion receivers in Coles and and Cotch. They need though to get a Wesley Walker type of burner who can just blow by the defense. Coles was just brilliant today. Playing a bad ankle, getting his @ss kicked on litterally every play if he decided to take the rest of the season off I wouldn't blame him. The Jets need about 20 more guys Coles.

Clemens still has a very LONG way to go. That pick he threw at the goal line was a huge momentum turner, something he even admitted in post game press conference. He still needs to learn how to read a defense and make the correct changes in protection in order to keep him standing. That will come with time.

The OL was brutal. Not opening hole for Jones until late in the game when the Browns were dropping 7 into coverage. Pass blocking was just as bad if not worse.

I thought the Defense did enough to keep them in the game. Rhodes int was a thing of beauty and you are not seeing as many missed tackles as you did earlier in the year.

Coaching. I have no idea why down 17-12 and with three time outs you Mangini went for the field goal instead of TD. You have a better chance of picking up the 10 yds and getting the 1st day and keeping the momentum than kicking the field goal, getting an on side kick and scoring a TD.

Crowd: Dead. I thought I was watching a pre season game. Half empty stadium, no noise at all. Geez make it as easy as possible for the Browns why don't we.

This has probably been the most depressing season for me as Jets fan in nearly 30 years. Only 1995 was worse and that team had zero talent after all the free agent defections after the 94 season.

The games have become a chore to watch and that my friends is no fun at all.

Cowher

He coaches with passion and motivates his players...

THe JETS letting lewis score that last TD shows that they arent give 100% for Mangini.

u should know, your sleeping with the backup QB

There are about 5 dozen coaches who would do better with this team right now. If you want to take the blame off Mangini and say this team has no talent whose faulot is that? Tanenbaum and Mangini?

Who wants to play a 3-4 with Dewayne Robertson as the NT?

and yet u havent named one.

Come on Irish, Harris was getting some playing time here and there all year. Vilma was given the time to get it done, as should be given to a team leader and a vet.

LOL.....they drafted Harris didn't they so obviously they had a plan for him while Vilma was already here.

I'm sorry but no HC was going to bench Vilma especially if they had any thoughts of trading him this off season. You amaze me with some of the stuff you come up with.

Sorry ecurb, but I can see you read the board in stealth mode without posting. you can't fool me.

you do realize that makes you sound worse than ecurb.

Agreed. Using moderator powers to trash a poster you disagree with is really lame.

Offense today was putrid. This game reminded me alot of the stinker they had last year against Buffalo where the offense couldn't do anything the entire game. How you do not even take a shot against THE WORST DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE is beyond me.

The Jets need a game breaker at WR. The Jets have a pair of really good possesion receivers in Coles and and Cotch. They need though to get a Wesley Walker type of burner who can just blow by the defense. Coles was just brilliant today. Playing a bad ankle, getting his @ss kicked on litterally every play if he decided to take the rest of the season off I wouldn't blame him. The Jets need about 20 more guys Coles.

Clemens still has a very LONG way to go. That pick he threw at the goal line was a huge momentum turner, something he even admitted in post game press conference. He still needs to learn how to read a defense and make the correct changes in protection in order to keep him standing. That will come with time.

The OL was brutal. Not opening hole for Jones until late in the game when the Browns were dropping 7 into coverage. Pass blocking was just as bad if not worse.

I thought the Defense did enough to keep them in the game. Rhodes int was a thing of beauty and you are not seeing as many missed tackles as you did earlier in the year.

Coaching. I have no idea why down 17-12 and with three time outs you Mangini went for the field goal instead of TD. You have a better chance of picking up the 10 yds and getting the 1st day and keeping the momentum than kicking the field goal, getting an on side kick and scoring a TD.

Crowd: Dead. I thought I was watching a pre season game. Half empty stadium, no noise at all. Geez make it as easy as possible for the Browns why don't we.

This has probably been the most depressing season for me as Jets fan in nearly 30 years. Only 1995 was worse and that team had zero talent after all the free agent defections after the 94 season.

Good post. I think i agree with everything you said.

:-)

potw nom

LOL.....they drafted Harris didn't they so obviously they had a plan for him while Vilma was already here.

I'm sorry but no HC was going to bench Vilma especially if they had any thoughts of trading him this off season. You amaze me with some of the stuff you come up with.

What??

Harris has played to a pro-bowl level since coming in. Why not play him with Vilma ffs???

There is no excuse for leaving a player with harris's talent on the sideline, especially when your D is piss poor to begin with.

This season is bad... In 2005 it was bad, but we had a coach most people wanted gone, a team with half it's players injured, and a 3rd string QB who barely played in the NFL before..... Kotite's years were bad but it was assumed they'd be bad...

I did not expect this team to wind up 4-12 or worse... How do you go into year 3 worse than when you took over? THey've made a few good draft picks, but the reality is, they were 4-12 in 2005 with a lot of scrubs and backups playing for injured players. In 2007 they could go 4-12 once again.... I'm starting to think we have another inconsistent Jets era..... Make the playoffs one season, stink the next, make the playoffs, stink the next..... An ongoing saga that never seems to end.. It's like we are in groundhogs day with different coaches and players and can never leave.

Cowher

He coaches with passion and motivates his players...

THe JETS letting lewis score that last TD shows that they arent give 100% for Mangini.

They were trying strip the ball and force a fumble, you dipstick.

If anything, the last 5 minutes of this game proved the players ARE giving 100%.

Come on Irish, Harris was getting some playing time here and there all year. Vilma was given the time to get it done, as should be given to a team leader and a vet.

He should ahve been starting. The D was absolutely awful so what the Hell was there tolsoe by giving him a chance. Whether it be for Vilma or Barton he needed to be starting in that pis poor D.

Had he have been starting week 1 IMO he would be DROY.

If anything, the last 5 minutes of this game proved the players ARE giving 100%.

I would agree except for the fact on 3rd and 4 half the Jets didn't bother to tackle Lewis on his way to a 30 something yard TD run. That play there was more about this team giving up than bad tackling. That or this team never practices how to tackle.

You didn't bother outing anyone on your side of this argument.

If you're going to jump in to this at least know what you're talking about, heh Bob?

He was nowhere to be found last week after a big win, and this has nothing to do with ''my side of the argument''. he spams the board with that crap after every loss and disappears after a big win. who's side is that?

Do you like it when the Jets win? I do.

I would agree except for the fact on 3rd and 4 half the Jets didn't bother to tackle Lewis on his way to a 30 something yard TD run. That play there was more about this team giving up than bad tackling.

The D didnt get to Lewis until he was past the 1st down marker. And if they tackled him after he got the 1st down the game would have been over. They went for the strip in the open field, which was the right call. Now you guys are just piling on with stupid sh#t. This place is f##king terrible on gamedays, esp when we lose.

Why not just tackle him behind the line... or in the first 4 yards? Were they trying to force a fumble then too?

What??

Harris has played to a pro-bowl level since coming in. Why not play him with Vilma ffs???

There is no excuse for leaving a player with harris's talent on the sideline, especially when your D is piss poor to begin with.

Harris saw playing time. Again critiquing in hindsight is easy. Please direct me to the thread you have where you called for Harris to start the season over Vilma.

The FO drafted him yet you give no credit there while now posting as if you would have had him starting ahead of Vilma from day one. Yep....gotcha.

Why not just tackle him behind the line... or in the first 4 yards? Were they trying to force a fumble then too?

Obviously they couldnt get to him, smart guy. You know the browns Olineman get paid to block right? 4 yards isnt a whole lot once your Dline gets neutralized.

You guys are just being a bunch of idiots w/this stuff. Grow up.

The D didnt get to Lewis until he was past the 1st down marker. And if they tackled him after he got the 1st down the game would have been over. They went for the strip in the open field, which was the right call. Now you guys are just piling on with stupid sh#t. This place is f##king terrible on gamedays, esp when we lose.

A defense that gives up a 30+ yard TD run on 3rd and 4 is a disgrace... End of story. I guess you have an explanation for the FG down 17-12 as well. Your excuses are just as bad as ecurbs.

He should ahve been starting. The D was absolutely awful so what the Hell was there tolsoe by giving him a chance. Whether it be for Vilma or Barton he needed to be starting in that pis poor D.

Had he have been starting week 1 IMO he would be DROY.

There is no way Harris is going to take over for Vilma on a permanent basis before he is ready. He got some time to learn before he was starting, and I think hes better off for it.

Archived