If the Pats lost their 1st round pick cause of Spygate...

CobraVerde

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cobra,

They inherited the 49ers 1st round pick via a trade last year, so they actually had 2 1st round picks. They forfeited their pick, which will likely be in the 28-32 range. Hope this cleared it up for you.

Thanks for the clarification peeps. I was already aware of the 49ers pick what i was wondering is if that was the pick they loose. Goodell totally looks like a schmuck letting them off. He should have banned them from the draft entirely this year. His supposed 'penalty' turns out now to be a gift. Thanks for replying.

Thanks for the clarification peeps. I was already aware of the 49ers pick what i was wondering is if that was the pick they loose. Goodell totally looks like a schmuck letting them off. He should have banned them from the draft entirely this year. His supposed 'penalty' turns out now to be a gift. Thanks for replying.

the niners trade was a gift. the penalty was the loss of a 1st round pick, which is severe but not severe enough.

I'm glad the jets weren't penalized a 1st rd pick for being caught CHEATING

Forget what i said DUMP THIS THREAD MODS PLEASE

Now that you asked for this thread to be dumped, I predict that it may be one of the biggest threads in JN history. It may challenge "What Are You Listening To Right Now" and "Word Association". Congratulations!

what happens if san fran gets caught spy-gating in the last couple games??? could the pats lose their first pick and also the one they got from the niners in a trade?

thankfully this thread has been started to answer this and other pressing questions.

No, Goodell would probably hand Belicheat the rest of SF's picks other then their 1st rounder, cause the Pats already own that pick, which is why they still have a 1st rder despite being punished.

No, Goodell would probably hand Belicheat the rest of SF's picks other then their 1st rounder, cause the Pats already own that pick, which is why they still have a 1st rder despite being punished.

i'm still holding out hope that if mike nolan gets a dui, impregnates a european super model and gets busted for financing a dogfighting ring the pats will someone lose that pick that they got in a trade from the san francisco 49s and that went to the pats because of that deal that they made--and everyone on the planet knows about--that sent their 1st round (not a 2nd or a 3rd) to the patriots of new england.

i'm still holding out hope that if mike nolan gets a dui, impregnates a european super model and gets busted for financing a dogfighting ring the pats will someone lose that pick that they got in a trade from the san francisco 49s and that went to the pats because of that deal that they made--and everyone on the planet knows about--that sent their 1st round (not a 2nd or a 3rd) to the patriots of new england.

POTW nomination!

i was on a niners board a few weekends ago.

If anyone here thinks our season is ****ty, or that Mangini is a deuschey...check out that board. They are livid over this trade. Can you even imagine 'reaching' for an OT AND giving up a top 3 pick?

Unbelievable.

i was on a niners board a few weekends ago.

If anyone here thinks our season is ****ty, or that Mangini is a deuschey...check out that board. They are livid over this trade. Can you even imagine 'reaching' for an OT AND giving up a top 3 pick?

Unbelievable.

Are you reffering to the trade that gave the Pats a 1st round pick and is now their only 1st rder because of spygate?

Now that you asked for this thread to be dumped, I predict that it may be one of the biggest threads in JN history. It may challenge "What Are You Listening To Right Now" and "Word Association". Congratulations!

Oh man I posted in this in page 1 and I was going to PM a few people asking them to add to the theme here. Then I said no -- I will have some faith in JetNation. And JN never lets me down. I love it!

Good work.

Anyhow have we confirmed that it was the Niners pick that they obtained? I think I read a report saying that is where they got it. But if someone could confirm that it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

:character41:

Archived