If the Pats lost their 1st round pick cause of Spygate...

CobraVerde

Its another NFL/Patriots conspiracy.

Goodell and his cronies convinced the 49ers they had to make this trade. They told them that Staley was going to be HOF caliber right from training camp and they would be NFC championship bound. So they would have got a HOFer for a 30th overall pick!!!

But you see, the NFL knew that Staley was good, but not good enough for the 49ers to really compete. They knew the Niners would suck, figuring they would squeeze a top 10 pick. But once the NFL was "notified" by the Jets that the Pats were cheating, they then began having the 49ers games fixed. And yes, I am saying Goodell knew about the filming and encouraged it.

How did they fix the games?? Easy. They had Belichick's staff breakdown every single 49er game the past 2 years. They knew exactly what plays they called, what the strength and weakness they had, and the gameplan to beat them.

The NFL then "anonymously" dropped off the gameplan with the 49ers opponent every week to help solidify the victory.

Isnt it a little weird the 49ers started off 2-0 and then went on an 8 game losing streak??

The only team they beat since then is the Arizona Cardinals. Since the NFL hates the Cardinals organization, they gave a mediocre gameplan to them. They also didnt want it to be so obvious that the fix was in.

So there you have it... the NFL fixed the draft by intentionally giving bad scouting info to the 49ers so the Pats could get 2 first rounders next year to continue their dominance of the NFL. When Goodell was forced to penalize the Pats, he knew he needed to get them a higher pick so he fixed games by using Belichick's people to dissect the film (and use more hidden cameras) and come up with a bulletproof gameplan.

The only problem is they didnt realize the Dolphins would be so bad. But a top 5 pick is still very valuable.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's BS that they can choose which 1st rd. pick to give up. Part of the punishment should have been the forfeiture of their best 1st rd. pick. This pisses me off, they get busted cheating red handed, lose a 1st and still end up with a top 3 pick. :mad0259:

Not to sound like a 5 year old, but it's not fair.

It's BS that they can choose which 1st rd. pick to give up. Part of the punishment should have been the forfeiture of their best 1st rd. pick. This pisses me off, they get busted cheating red handed, lose a 1st and still end up with a top 3 pick. :mad0259:

Hey, what kind of punishment did Shula and the Dolphins get when they didn't cover the Orange Bowl field in the '82 playoff game? You guys have no room to talk. There was even a rumor that Shula ordered the sprinklers turned on the night before.

Hey, what kind of punishment did Shula and the Dolphins get when they didn't cover the Orange Bowl field in the '82 playoff game? You guys have no room to talk. There was even a rumor that Shula ordered the sprinklers turned on the night before.

There is a BIG difference in your rumors and the Pats being caught taping live signals in a game. Also, I didn't realize that Shula was the head groundskeeper for the Orange Bowl at the same time he was the head coach of an NFL franchise.

Sprinklers and live video taping of signals... Yup, apples and oranges.

There is a BIG difference in your rumors and the Pats being caught taping live signals in a game. Also, I didn't realize that Shula was the head groundskeeper for the Orange Bowl at the same time he was the head coach of an NFL franchise.

Sprinklers and live video taping of signals... Yup, apples and oranges.

Sorry, I remember it quite well. It rained like hell for a couple of days and Shula ordered the field not to be overed the night before to take away the Jets running game. The sprinkler thing is the rumor. Rumor has it, when it stopped raining for a period of time, Shula was supposedly giving orders to have the sprinklers turned on...what the hell do you think they call it the

"Mud Bowl" for? It isn't apples and organes and any Jets fan will agree that Shula is a dip **** for doing that...he's a cheat and that's why many Jet fans called him out when he came down on the Pats for cheating...pot calling the kettle black.

the pats didnt choose. Roger Goodell did. The Pats forfeited THEIR first round pick. Its as if they never had it. Same thing if the 49ers had to forfeit their pick... wonder what would happen then...

Its a conspiracy maaaannnn...

Oh man I posted in this in page 1 and I was going to PM a few people asking them to add to the theme here. Then I said no -- I will have some faith in JetNation. And JN never lets me down. I love it!

Good work.

Anyhow have we confirmed that it was the Niners pick that they obtained? I think I read a report saying that is where they got it. But if someone could confirm that it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Yes, because the Pats are drafting in the Niners spot. So therefore, it appears as if the two made a trade which gives the Pats a 1st round pick this year despite the NFL's punishment which took away a 1st rounder.

Yeah they did but I think GGman is right. They still have the 49ers pick they got in a draft day trade last April. Can anybody confirm this?

They lost their own 1st round pick, but kept the 49ers 1st round pick which is much more valuable now.

take comfort in the fact that they won't be good forever. Maybe someday they will go 0 for the century, and we can still hang our "i hate the ****ing patriots" signs at Bills games.

That way, everyone can enjoy.

DAMNIT, LOG OUT TICTAC!!!!!

I never saw Tictac this fired up before

:rl:

I wonder if the IP is coming from Milwaukee?:swing:

OK, so just to confirm this and get it straight-The Patriots acquired the 49ers first round draft pick this year via a trade last year? So, if I am to understand this correctly, they would have had 2 first round picks this season had it not been for Belicheat trying to become the next Steven Spielberg of head coaches? So they lost their own 1st round draft pick, not the one they acquired via a trade with the 49ers last year? Did anybody tell the 49ers this?

OK, so just to confirm this and get it straight-The Patriots acquired the 49ers first round draft pick this year via a trade last year? So, if I am to understand this correctly, they would have had 2 first round picks this season had it not been for Belicheat trying to become the next Steven Spielberg of head coaches? So they lost their own 1st round draft pick, not the one they acquired via a trade with the 49ers last year? Did anybody tell the 49ers this?

I believe you are correct with the facts as you've stated here. I am , however, unable to confirm if the 49ers are aware of this. I would hope they are aware , if indeed they did lose their 1st round pick to the Cheaters. :bag:

I believe you are correct with the facts as you've stated here. I am , however, unable to confirm if the 49ers are aware of this. I would hope they are aware , if indeed they did lose their 1st round pick to the Cheaters. :bag:

The way they are playing I do not think tha tthe 49ers are aware that they do not get their first pick. Maybe someone should shoot them an email so thay can stop tanking games for draft position.

What happens to the forfeited pick??? Do the 49ers get it since they dont have one this year???

Is this really fair to the 1 player who wont be drafted now thanks to belichick???

Has anyone thought about that???

that's true. the poor guy who gets taken #1 in the 2nd round could probably sue belly for Intentional Deprivation of First Round Immortality.

So the Pats have the 49ers' 1st round pick while the 49ers don't have a first round pick this year? And this was a trade by the 49ers? Why would they trade away a top 5 pick for a high 20's pick? I don't get this at all.

Because they want the #1 overall pick next year

Anyhow have we confirmed that it was the Niners pick that they obtained? I think I read a report saying that is where they got it. But if someone could confirm that it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I can confirm it! The Patriots still have a first rounder because they stole one from San Francisco last draft and San Fran took Joe Staley.

They have the Niners first rounder.

:character0293:

So the Pats have the 49ers' 1st round pick while the 49ers don't have a first round pick this year? And this was a trade by the 49ers? Why would they trade away a top 5 pick for a high 20's pick? I don't get this at all.

The 49ers got confused and thought bigger number equals better pick.

Archived