chad to kc or atlanta..? peter king says....

gg

As much as Chad is Herm's boy, Herm may be on his way out after this season in Kansas City (although I don't think that will happen, it is a possibility). Secondly, Brodie Croyle is a young guy who they want to give more than half a season too. I don't know if the front office wants to bring in a 32 year old veteran to start over Croyle for another couple of seasons. It would be admitting that he was a mistake draft pick, and wasn't he taken in the 2nd or 3rd round?

Atlanta becomes a more likely choice now that Petrino has left for Arkansas. They were almost certain to take Darren McFadden or Brian Brohm and now it will be interesting to see who becomes the next coach. The Falcons play in a Dome and in the NFC, so Atlanta is one of the top landing spots most likely for Pennington.

As much as Chad is Herm's boy, Herm may be on his way out after this season in Kansas City (although I don't think that will happen, it is a possibility). Secondly, Brodie Croyle is a young guy who they want to give more than half a season too. I don't know if the front office wants to bring in a 32 year old veteran to start over Croyle for another couple of seasons. It would be admitting that he was a mistake draft pick, and wasn't he taken in the 2nd or 3rd round?

Atlanta becomes a more likely choice now that Petrino has left for Arkansas. They were almost certain to take Darren McFadden or Brian Brohm and now it will be interesting to see who becomes the next coach. The Falcons play in a Dome and in the NFC, so Atlanta is one of the top landing spots most likely for Pennington.

Atlanta is a decent fit for penny, the only concern i would have is it wastes Crumpler's talents, and Roddy White's ability to catch the deep ball. They have a pretty damn good corps of pass catchers, if i were an atlanta fan i'd almost want to tough it out with Harrington/Redman, draft McFadden and wait on the QB for next year.

From what i have seen of college football this year, there are no peyton mannings available. May as well take BPA.

We ALL know Chad isn't Bret Farve, but as fans we do know he is a very talented QB and successful when surrounded with good personel. Chad will be in the playoffs again as a starting QB (hopefully over in the NFC). Atlanta would be an OK fit, KC would only be a good fit because of Herm and his background on Chad. I like Chicago only because of the defense and I also like Carolina or Baltimore more then Atlanta and KC. He really wouldnt fit in with the Baltimore crowd, but he could be a nice verteran leader and surrounded by a nice RB and a very good defense. I like Carolina if Bill Cowher goes and there defense is always good when healthy. Should be interesting, Carolina offered us a pick during the trade deadline, maybe there still interested, but most importantly we should do whats best for US when it comes to what will get in return, but it would also be nice to see us show some class to Chad and feel him out to see what he thinks is a good situation for him as well.

I've been wodering somthing, is John Fox leaving? getting fired? or is his contract up? I keep hearing cower is headed there.

as far as chad, I think carolina would be a good fit for him. ATL would also be good, with chad keeping the ball 8 to 9 minutes a drive it would keep there defense fresh, J abe might even stay healthy! NOT! lol

I don't like chicago, to windy!

the best place I see he could go is to Baltimore, good running game, great D. could be a really good thing for them. Oh and any chance we could get Suggs for him?

The problem is the AFC is just too tough. Too many good QBs on too many teams, you can't really compete without one. Brady, Manning, and Ben top the list now, but then there is Anderson, Palmer, and then a guy like Garrard that just refuses to throw a pick. Then you got the QBs that are projected to become good and are still young, like Cutler, Rivers and Young. Outside of the Fins, and like the Ravens, pretty much every QB brings things to the table that Chad can't. Hence the dominance of the AFC. And I can't even really say the Ravens, because Troy Smith has the goods, and obviously we're rolling with Clemens and hope he develops.

But then look at the NFC. Romo, Favre, McNabb and Hasselbeck, and I'm not even sure on McNabb these days, and that's really it. The Vikes will probably wait out Tarvaris Jackson (he's basically a rookie, too early to count him out) and thats essentially it. Garcia is okay but he's old. Kitna isn't really that special, I'd think Chad can compete with both of those two. Alex Smith is trash. The Bears have nobody. Chad can actually play QB on most teams over in the NFC.

Archived