Hey Coles, Shut The "F" UP!

The season is not over yet and already you are starting trouble with your big mouth. You are under contract for next season. You are not a free agent. You are a team captain, do your personal bidding in private. To start yapping to the media now is just plain garbage. Shut the f up!

Let him go, his head is in permanent cob webs from all the concussions he's had now. he will slowly degrade, lets get something for him while we can.

One more thing. why does this surprise you? he's cried his whole career. from the first time with the Jets to the Redskins to now, it is what he does best.

Let him go, his head is in permanent cob webs from all the concussions he's had now. he will slowly degrade, lets get something for him while we can.

One more thing. why does this surprise you? he's cried his whole career. from the first time with the Jets to the Redskins to now, it is what he does best.[/quote]

wrong, he catches footballs better then anyone else on the team. I don't give a rats ass if he complains, cause even when he does he shows up and plays his ass off...

you guys need to find something else to bitch about, like why Brad Smith can't catch a pass

wrong, he catches footballs better then anyone else on the team. I don't give a rats ass if he complains, cause even when he does he shows up and plays his ass off...

you guys need to find something else to bitch about, like why Brad Smith can't catch a pass

He's not getting any better, he's plateaued out. he's on the downward movement and we suck, it's time to let him go like an old girl friend.

So he runs at the mouth? Find a decent WR that isn't an egomaniac except Wes Welker. Please-Coles does the job. You need guys who catch the ball in traffic who ever the QB is. And Coles does it.

I'm saying get rid of him for running his mouth AND most importantly the concussions he's been getting. I'm not disagreeing about his abilities, I just think he's going to degrade now.

From one of the articles KJ posted:

Coles, who was placed on injured reserve Saturday with a high-ankle sprain, addressed his future after the game, confirming reports that his return isn't a slam dunk. Coles, signed through 2009, indicated his contract is an issue, hinting it will have to be renegotiated for him to return. He didn't say if he wants a raise (he's due to make $5 million in 2008) or whether the team wants to cut his pay.

"They have their opinion, I have mine and I'm sure both sides will have their arguments," said Coles, promising that he won't let it get ugly, a la Pete Kendall. "I feel strongly that this is something we'll get done."

Coles said he met last week with Eric Mangini, who told the veteran receiver that he wants him back. Coles said Mangini's words "meant a lot to me, because Coach doesn't really step out of his circle too much to let you know he's in your corner."

No fan of Mangini's demanding program, Coles could be looking for a way out. The contract issue could be his leverage. It's going to be a fascinating offseason for the Jets (3-12)

Well, so much for all the vets wanting to be a future part of the new regime.

When I see a post that talks about how EM hasnt lost at least part of the locker room, I am not too sure about that. I'm also not too sure about really good FAs wanting to play here. But we'll see...

So he runs at the mouth? Find a decent WR that isn't an egomaniac except Wes Welker. Please-Coles does the job. You need guys who catch the ball in traffic who ever the QB is. And Coles does it.

Problem is, he won't be doing it much longer.

Me thinks this is very bad timing on his part. if there is anyone out there who wants to surrender a pick for him.

Bye, bye

I like Coles. He gives great effort and is a tough ballplayer. I hope he remains a Jet in 2008.

Me too, hes still my favorite Jet.

Sure, he may complain, but quite honestly, if your a leading WR on a 3-12 team, I'd be concerned if you werent complaining.

The thing is that he wants to win, and has sacrificed himself many, many times in the name of winning. So when you've suffered two concussions and tried battling through a bad ankle sprain which has now sidelined him for the season and the team is 3-12, I think he has a right to complain a little.

Coles, who was placed on injured reserve Saturday with a high-ankle sprain, addressed his future after the game, confirming reports that his return isn't a slam dunk. Coles, signed through 2009, indicated his contract is an issue, hinting it will have to be renegotiated for him to return. He didn't say if he wants a raise (he's due to make $5 million in 2008) or whether the team wants to cut his pay.

"They have their opinion, I have mine and I'm sure both sides will have their arguments," said Coles, promising that he won't let it get ugly, a la Pete Kendall. "I feel strongly that this is something we'll get done."

Coles said he met last week with Eric Mangini, who told the veteran receiver that he wants him back. Coles said Mangini's words "meant a lot to me, because Coach doesn't really step out of his circle too much to let you know he's in your corner."

No fan of Mangini's demanding program, Coles could be looking for a way out. The contract issue could be his leverage. It's going to be a fascinating offseason for the Jets (3-12)

When I see a post that talks about how EM hasnt lost at least part of the locker room, I am not too sure about that. I'm also not too sure about really good FAs wanting to play here. But we'll see...

The thing I understand the least is why Thomas Jones gets so much action and Leon is so underutilized. Last offseason Mangini said the thing that attracts FA's to this organization is that we're a bunch of hard workers who want to win, and that the best player plays, regardless of cap and blah blah.

Now we have Leon, probably our biggest offensive playmaker now that Coles is on the IR, rotting on the sidelines watching Jones pick up his two yards per carry.

I don't get it.

The thing I understand the least is why Thomas Jones gets so much action and Leon is so underutilized. Last offseason Mangini said the thing that attracts FA's to this organization is that we're a bunch of hard workers who want to win, and that the best player plays, regardless of cap and blah blah.

Now we have Leon, probably our biggest offensive playmaker now that Coles is on the IR, rotting on the sidelines watching Jones pick up his two yards per carry.

I don't get it.

The offensive gameplans and playcalls have been offensive. I know that the OC is limited by having a poor OL, but other than the second Miami game, they really havent done a great job of gameplanning to Leon's strengths.

He didnt get enough touches yesterday, for sure.

The offensive gameplans and playcalls have been offensive. I know that the OC is limited by having a poor OL, but other than the second Miami game, they really havent done a great job of gameplanning to Leon's strengths.

He didnt get enough touches yesterday, for sure.

Leon was our leading rusher last year, and he got a lot less carries then Jones got this year.

The guys a playmaker, give him the ball and he's bound to make at least 1 or 2 good plays a game.

With Jones it seems like the old 3 yards and a cloud of dust just about every time.

Except I don't belive Coles is quoted as saying he wants out. A writer speculates and wala we have a negative story. Coles has been the heart and soul of this team.

Except I don't belive Coles is quoted as saying he wants out. A writer speculates and wala we have a negative story. Coles has been the heart and soul of this team.

Well, we'll see if Coles says he was misquoted or that his quotes were taken out of context. My guess is that the writer who was in the locker room caught the vibe, and put it into the correct context.

Well, we'll see if Coles says he was misquoted or that his quotes were taken out of context. My guess is that the writer who was in the locker room caught the vibe, and put it into the correct context.

Maybe but another writer came away with a different vibe.

Yesterday, Coles watched his teammates lose for the 12th time in 15 games and afterward he revealed that he already has had some conversations with the Jets about renegotiating his contract into a long-term deal that'll keep him a Jet for the rest of his career.

"It's in the preliminary (stage)," Coles said. "I sat down and talked to coach (Eric Mangini) the other day and he expressed to me that I was very important to this team, that he was happy that I'm here and that he wanted me to be there with him.

"That was something that meant a lot to me as a player, because coach don't really step out of his circle too much to let you know that he's in your corner. That meant a lot to me."

Coles is signed through 2009 to a deal that is scheduled to pay him $5 million per year. According to someone close to him, he approached the Jets before this season with hopes of renegotiating, but was rebuffed.

That stance by the team has changed.

"I'm sure that everything (Mangini) can do within his power to make things happen and work for me to finish my career here he will, but there is a business side to it," Coles said. "Hopefully we can just reach something."

Maybe but another writer came away with a different vibe.

Yesterday, Coles watched his teammates lose for the 12th time in 15 games and afterward he revealed that he already has had some conversations with the Jets about renegotiating his contract into a long-term deal that'll keep him a Jet for the rest of his career.

"It's in the preliminary (stage)," Coles said. "I sat down and talked to coach (Eric Mangini) the other day and he expressed to me that I was very important to this team, that he was happy that I'm here and that he wanted me to be there with him.

"That was something that meant a lot to me as a player, because coach don't really step out of his circle too much to let you know that he's in your corner. That meant a lot to me."

Coles is signed through 2009 to a deal that is scheduled to pay him $5 million per year. According to someone close to him, he approached the Jets before this season with hopes of renegotiating, but was rebuffed.

That stance by the team has changed.

"I'm sure that everything (Mangini) can do within his power to make things happen and work for me to finish my career here he will, but there is a business side to it," Coles said. "Hopefully we can just reach something."

This just makes mangina look worse, and why is Coles discussing renegotiating his contract at this point? And why does mangina have to go out of his way to let one vet know he wants him here? And do you think they will react as they did with Kendall, and say they dont renegiotiate contracts?

He runs his tight ship very unevenly, shows blatant favoritism (and why hasnt Elam been yanked for making dumb mistakes like other guys have?) and I am getting really turned off to this team while mangini is coaching it. Maybe I'll just stop posting, because i get more and more pissed off at mangina every week for the shennanigans he pulls.

This just makes mangina look worse, and why is Coles discussing renegotiating his contract at this point? And why does mangina have to go out of his way to let one vet know he wants him here? And do you think they will react as they did with Kendall, and say they dont renegiotiate contracts?

He runs his tight ship very unevenly, shows blatant favoritism (and why hasnt Elam been yanked for making dumb mistakes like other guys have?) and I am getting really turned off to this team while mangini is coaching it. Maybe I'll just stop posting, because i get more and more pissed off at mangina every week for the shennanigans he pulls.

My question is this:

Why wouldn't Mangini want Coles here? How, by telling Coles that he wants him to remain on the team, does that show blatant favoritisim?

Sure, Coles talks a little bit but he is also probably the toughest, hardest working player on the team, if not the NFL. That is exactly what Mangini wants from his players, so why not show appreciation towards him for it?

Kendall is a different scenario for two reasons, 1- He was going after this year anyway and 2- He was avg. at best, and certainly was not the tough, hard working player that Coles is. If the same scenario happened to Coles, he'd complain to the media but at the same time he'd work so hard and play so hard that Mangini would look like a complete idiot for not giving him what he wants.

He would never say "Im not playing injured because I have to live with the contract I agreed to."

Mangini would look like a complete idiot for not giving him what he wants.

He already looks like an idiot for being an arrogant douche and trading their starting LG with no plan in place. As a result, the POS they had playing at LG whiffed against Seymour and Clemens is done for the season.

He's an idiot for benching Moore because the guy got a penalty while protecting his teammate. And then they brought in a POS and the right side of the line looked even worse.

He looks like an idiot for benching some guys for making mistakes, but leaving Elam in, who only led the team in boneshead plays this season. The guy plays favorites, and it is very obvious imo. He puts his BS character crap ahead of the interests of the team, and goes on to field weaker players at the expense of the best interests of the team to prove his point. **** him!

Archived